Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Foil on the jars
    #860819 - 09/03/02 06:47 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I have heard of a couple different ways to put the foil on the lids after/before inocculation. The last few times I tried I screwed on the lids then wrapped the foil over the top of everything, but a buddy of mine who has had better success with this told me that he puts the foil on after the dry layer of verm. then screws on the lids. I was just wondering what you guys did and what do you think would be the best way.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

[Re: HSIHd]
    #860828 - 09/03/02 06:49 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Foil on the jars [Re: HSIHd]
    #860982 - 09/03/02 07:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Just put the foil over the top after you innoculate, and I mean over the top of everything to cover the holes during sterilazation.

The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Foil on the jars [Re: HSIHd]
    #861057 - 09/03/02 08:38 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Inpart, it would depend on your PC. Some with gaskets & a rocker arm type pressure weights require a lot of water inside the PC ( because the PC spews out lots of steam -- under heat). W/that type PC, foil would keep excess water from getting in your jars.

Others, like All American style PC w/metal to metal seals, geared gauge & pressure reief gizmo,  don't require much water at all (because they don't spew out steam -- under heat).

So, with an AA style PC -- no foil is required -- as the PC doesn't contain a lot of water -- while PC'ing contents. So, no water would get in the jars.

The Raccoon uses an AA type PC, quart jars, internal filter disks, lids & rubber bands a double layer (2 or 3)  coffee filters on the outside of the jar & lid, then PC's the jars - that way.

That creates a double barrier - one internal -- the other external. The coffee filters dry out -- instantly, when the jars are removed from the PC -- still hot (to shake them).

The lids have two (2) holes of about 1/4 inch each. If you use a spore syringe, just remove the coffee filters, innoc one hole, tape it over & replace the coffee filters.

G2G -- under very clean conditions (wearing a 3M face filter & shower cap over your hair) , simply remove the coffee filters, jar lid & internal filter (most times it will screw off w/lid). Scoop a heaping spoonfull out of a colonized jar, place in the fresh jar & replace evrything.

One colonized quart will do 10, 15, even 20 fresh quarts. After you have done the G2G to a bunch of jars, shake them to spead the colonized seed or grain around -- in them.

G2G is a snap, once you get it down. You end up with LOTS of spawn -- to do whatever you want with  :grin:.

SixTango  :tongue:

~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation