Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHSIHd
ProfessionalHamburgler
Male

Loc: IOWA
Foil on the jars
    #860819 - 09/03/02 01:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I have heard of a couple different ways to put the foil on the lids after/before inocculation. The last few times I tried I screwed on the lids then wrapped the foil over the top of everything, but a buddy of mine who has had better success with this told me that he puts the foil on after the dry layer of verm. then screws on the lids. I was just wondering what you guys did and what do you think would be the best way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: HSIHd]
    #860828 - 09/03/02 01:49 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Foil on the jars [Re: HSIHd]
    #860982 - 09/03/02 02:59 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Just put the foil over the top after you innoculate, and I mean over the top of everything to cover the holes during sterilazation.

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Foil on the jars [Re: HSIHd]
    #861057 - 09/03/02 03:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Inpart, it would depend on your PC. Some with gaskets & a rocker arm type pressure weights require a lot of water inside the PC ( because the PC spews out lots of steam -- under heat). W/that type PC, foil would keep excess water from getting in your jars.

Others, like All American style PC w/metal to metal seals, geared gauge & pressure reief gizmo,  don't require much water at all (because they don't spew out steam -- under heat).

So, with an AA style PC -- no foil is required -- as the PC doesn't contain a lot of water -- while PC'ing contents. So, no water would get in the jars.

The Raccoon uses an AA type PC, quart jars, internal filter disks, lids & rubber bands a double layer (2 or 3)  coffee filters on the outside of the jar & lid, then PC's the jars - that way.

That creates a double barrier - one internal -- the other external. The coffee filters dry out -- instantly, when the jars are removed from the PC -- still hot (to shake them).

The lids have two (2) holes of about 1/4 inch each. If you use a spore syringe, just remove the coffee filters, innoc one hole, tape it over & replace the coffee filters.

G2G -- under very clean conditions (wearing a 3M face filter & shower cap over your hair) , simply remove the coffee filters, jar lid & internal filter (most times it will screw off w/lid). Scoop a heaping spoonfull out of a colonized jar, place in the fresh jar & replace evrything.

One colonized quart will do 10, 15, even 20 fresh quarts. After you have done the G2G to a bunch of jars, shake them to spead the colonized seed or grain around -- in them.

G2G is a snap, once you get it down. You end up with LOTS of spawn -- to do whatever you want with  :grin:.

SixTango  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies