Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest USA
UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen
    #8577244 - 06/29/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ok. Here we go.

This mushroom was found near the bank of a creek in kansas. the woods consisted of walnuts, elms, and tons of oaks. we were searching the oaks for chants......no luck. But we did come across this bad boy.

It is about 4 1/2 to 5 inches tall. the grass was sparse and this was pretty much stuck in the mud. I pulled it by twisting it off at the base of the ground. The stem at the bottom was closed but it appeared that bugs had chewed into it and it almost looks (and feels) as though it might be hollow. I guess I will cut it up.... ok the stem is hollow.  It is a cavity.

here is the pics.

Just had a shitload of rain the sun and winds. We actually had a bunch of power lines go down do to the wind.  It was really sunny today. Everything was really soggy but in spots shrooms were everywhere. a good day for them.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Anything Matits says or insinuates is a lie and is totally constructed of lies. It is a fairy tale and should be taken at face value. Matits makes things up that are untrue. Any picture or statements made by Matits are made up or fabricated... like Trump's wig.

My favorite NSFW shirt company I buy a ton of shirts from.
http://tiny.cc/myfavshirtsite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen [Re: matits]
    #8577400 - 06/29/08 01:46 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

looks like Amanita flavorubens

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen [Re: HerbBaker]
    #8577795 - 06/29/08 04:11 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I looked that up on mushroom expert and it looks good...cept I didn't see anything about having a hollow interior? 

I didn't take a pic of it after I split the stem but the stem is definitely  hollow. Other than that it is close.  That is holding me back. I didn't do a spore print and I haven't scoped it out any.... I should take the time to do that..... I am just savoring my 1 day off.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Anything Matits says or insinuates is a lie and is totally constructed of lies. It is a fairy tale and should be taken at face value. Matits makes things up that are untrue. Any picture or statements made by Matits are made up or fabricated... like Trump's wig.

InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8577802 - 06/29/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hollow or partially hollowed in the middle to stuffed.

http://pluto.njcc.com/~ret/amanita/species/flavorub.html

--------------------
Some things can grow without the light.--RJD

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8577804 - 06/29/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

So I guess it can be partial or fully hollow? I guess that would fit the build. So if I did a spore print it would most likely come out white.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8577807 - 06/29/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yes.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen [Re: HerbBaker]
    #8577816 - 06/29/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

thanks dude.... I guess I should get off my ass and take the print...then tomorrow I will iodine them and then peep them in the microscope.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
    #8578939 - 06/29/08 09:56 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Cool Amanita, they are fruiting around here as well, let us know what happens to the spores with the iodine solution! They often inhabit the same areas as chanterlles so you might want to explore that forest a little more thoroughly (then maybe you did and the chants just aren't there).

Really Matits, go check out the forest at Melvern Lake if you can. I want to head out there this week if time allows, it's really quite nice, I bet the boletes, lactarius, and russula are fruiting... along with a whole list of other things including amanitas and who knows what else... maybe even chanterelles.

I just finished up compiling a list of 49 taxa from a three hour hunt there last month when everything was water-logged - that was just the things that could be identified!

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen [Re: georgeM]
    #8591002 - 07/03/08 09:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The spore print came back white. I left it in the jar an extra day and the mushroom became very "mushy".  I did the print on foil cause I thought it might come out white....the mushy stuck to the foil a bit and was rather unpleasant smelling.  It got tossed out pretty quick. EWWWWW!

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

#8591008 - 07/03/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, looks like yet another Yellow Blusher Amanita. We're getting plenty of them coming up in the East.

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen [Re: N2loma]
    #8591077 - 07/03/08 10:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Nice mushroom!  :thumbup:

But could you move it a little to the right?  I couldn't read the Annie's entire reply to Confused about her alcoholic boyfriend. j/k

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen [Re: N2loma]
    #8591339 - 07/03/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yea I agree this one is probably Amanita flavorubescens.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8596983 - 07/05/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Senor_Hongos said:
Nice mushroom!  :thumbup:

But could you move it a little to the right?  I couldn't read the Annie's entire reply to Confused about her alcoholic boyfriend. j/k

Nice. If I still had the paper I would tell you how it worked out. Oh wait....I think I remember what is was about. 

So I guess once upon a time some chick named annie or that is what she went by for the articles. Well as time went on she stopped doing it so they found two chicks (both appear to be of the man hating variety with a few healthy "midwestern" pounds on them.) to continue doing the column. 

So basically the deal was this woman has this really kick ass bf that likes the drink a little and everything is going great in her life but doesn't want to be around his drinking.....

So the man hater brigade told her to kick his ass to the curb if he won't stop drinking. No man would keep drinking if he knew you didn't want it around or he is no man. Give him the ultimatum and leave him.

Cause we all know that the man hater likes to tell other women what to do about their relationships since they don't actually have relationships themselves and want to share their unhappiness with the other women. 

Personally....the dude likes to drink...so what. As long as he isn't hammered all the time and doesn't drink and drive....who gives a fuck.  Why should the woman give him the ultimatum about drinking or her?  I would be like....things have been going really well latley and I love you....but if you make me choose....then fuck you. What kind of person are you to tell me if I can drink once in a while or not? Put that to an ultimatum.

I know this isn't the place for it but why do woman think they can change a guy. I mean, they say they don't expect to change you... they were attracted to you for the way you are. then they deep down start thinking maybe you would change for then, you finally change to give in, and then they divorce you or leave you cause you weren't who they fell in love with?

So...

Dear Annie,

Fuck you. You members of the congressional man haters association should leave other women alone who live happy lives. When people write in about things in their lives you should uplift them and give them good advice instead of trying to manipulate them into living far more shittier lives as you do so that you can feel better about your female power clan meetin' stlye manhatorship.  Why do you hate America Annie? Why? Does the bald eagle offend you? Does the happiness of others make you bitter to the world so much that you have to try to bring others down?  Why do you have such a thing against fine things in life, such as alcohol?  This country was founded on drunkards and....MEN. There is nothing more American than apple pie, booze, corvettes, or nascar on Sunday.

Why does it have to come to alcohol or the one you love. Can't they both coincide and live peacefully together?  Why must one or the other be chosen and not have both in harmony with one another....not necessarily in any order.

So Annie, fuck you and the horse you rode in on, but your self hate pitty parties are numbered. Stop Dr. Phill'ing to all of these desperate housewives and give some sound advice. I advise you to go to the corner store and by yourself a 12 pack of bud light and pick up that album of Lynard Skynard from the bargin bin and call it a night.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8597881 - 07/05/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Personally....the dude likes to drink...so what. As long as he isn't hammered all the time and doesn't drink and drive....who gives a fuck.  Why should the woman give him the ultimatum about drinking or her?  I would be like....things have been going really well latley and I love you....but if you make me choose....then fuck you. What kind of person are you to tell me if I can drink once in a while or not? Put that to an ultimatum.

Yea that is a common theme in relationships.  I always make it clear that I won't tell them what to do and I expect the same courtesy in return.  Works great. 

My gf's mom gave her dad that ultimatum, and he quit drinking completely.  Not so long after that she left him for another woman.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: UNKNOWN KANSAS Mushroom. Beautiful specimen [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8599048 - 07/05/08 10:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Yea that is a common theme in relationships.  I always make it clear that I won't tell them what to do and I expect the same courtesy in return.  Works great. 

My gf's mom gave her dad that ultimatum, and he quit drinking completely.  Not so long after that she left him for another woman.

wow! Damn. That is fucking hateful.  Talk about being confused.  She doesn't know whats she wants. So let me guess.....he went back to drinking?

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8599055 - 07/05/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

P.S.  I see a recurring thing here.....woman tells man to stop doing what he loves to do....she makes things unhappy...then leaves him for a woman....hrmmm...

I guess that means all women that try to change men....are really just confused and unhappy lesbians. Sweet nector that is great.

Oh and I don't mean all.....just most...for all of those women out there who might be offended by my gross generalization of this matter. You're time will come when you realize that if this offends you it is because you havn't found out that you too are a man hating chubby man hater.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8599148 - 07/05/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

So let me guess.....he went back to drinking?

Not at all, he hasn't had a drink in ten years.

Invisiblematits
Problematic Pain
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8607102 - 07/08/08 05:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Good for him! That is great for him.  I have all kinds of pills I take, but I used to drink like crazy (college) with my buddies. Every day of the week sometimes....although not heavy if all the time. It takes a toll on you.

I haven't "drank" for a long time....more than a year. I can't remember the last time I was drunk. It has been a LONNNNNNG time. For me anyways. Since I started drinking like way before I was legal.  Here you can drink at home with your parents and their consent underage. It is a weird law but that is what a police officer told us all at a drug seminar thing they had at school when I was a kid. They also brought pot and cocaine and a few other drugs...then they hid some in the gym and had a dog sniff it out. It was pretty sweet. No shrooms though....lol.

I liked getting drunk and I like the taste of alcohol. My fav drink is Woodford Reserve or Baisel Haydens.  No ice usually. I love the taste of beers. I say beers cause it is a whole entire world in its own. Like wine.

Maybe I will continue this thread in the pub. Ha ha ha.

--------------------
---        ---
    Matits
---        ---
--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds