Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleplonkerism
Psychadelic Holiday Maker
Male

Loc: all up in your patch
first attempt at cultivating... Fruiting/harvest time!!! .. Pics..
    #8607035 - 07/08/08 04:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OP: Hey out there

I am based in Aus, Sydney. Just ordered 3 types of cubensis spore prints online, as far as i know this is legal - as long as i dont intend to cultivate them. Can anyone shed light on whether they think theyll get through?

UPDATE 28/07/08
OK, Stage 1 is complete! I am now the proud owner of 14 B+ syringes! Procedure i used is as follows:

1. Boiled water (tap water) for 30 minutes.
2. Open sterile syringes from packaging, attached needle also in separate sterile packaging.
3. Withdrew boiling water into syringes
4. Allowed to cool for approx 20hours
5. Constructed Glove box

After syringes cooled:
5. Sprayed room with Glen 20 liberally so surfaces were damp, allowed to dry for a few minutes before starting.
6. Disinfected Glove box with Glen20 and Isocol Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
7. Placed print, sterile packaged scalpel, glass (boiled and wiped down with isopropyl), and syringes into glovebox, close lid.
8. Squirted one syringes worth of sterile water into glass
9. Scraped entire print into glass
10. Ejected remaining syringes water into glass
11. Withdrew syringes one by one replacing needle cap after on each, trying to make sure no bubbles ended up in the syringe.

Hows that sound? Here are pics of my setup and how the syringes look afterward. The print was huge so the syringes have an obvious dark tint.

Completed Syringes:

Ahh, glad thats over! Next step BRF mix!

UPDATE 31/07/08

inoculated 3 cakes today. Tore the aluminium foil a bit while injecting. Covered with 2 layers of al foil. Didnt flame sterilise the needle as it didnt seem necessary (needle and syringe came pre-sterilised)... Hope thats ok..

Here are some pics of my jars after innoc. I have left them in my glove box for incubation. My main concern is i think i may have fucked up the BRF mix. I used 1.5cups verm to 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup BRF. The resulting mixture seemed very floury. Im not sure if ive done this right, even though i followed instructions exactly.

Help maybe?! Do these look any good?

UPDATE 12/08/08

Well here are a couple of pics of the 2 jars showing colonisation. The third jar is showing signs of something but still nothing exciting. Ill mention here that this jar was one that i only used 2 holes for and injected 1cc into each hole. From this experience ill only be using the 4 holes 1/2cc in each approach.

Pics @ 12 days:

Cant see it much, but its there and the first jar has myc around the whole middle section.

Also i have just knocked up another 5 jars but i think something went wrong in the sterilisation process i.e. water got in under the foil and inside the jars i think. There are small droplets on the inside of the jars and some residual water on the lids. I didnt know if this was good or bad so knocked them up anyway. Here are photos, i think they're too wet, i didnt see anything like this on the first lot i made... Hmmm

UPDATE 16/08/08

Some more pics. Damn its going slowly, but expected. The jars in the picture were innoc'd on 31/07/08, so been just over 2 weeks and this is progress so far. Ill refer to them as jar 1,2 & 3 as you see them appear from left to right in the first pic. Jar 3 still has not germinated so ive removed it. Doesnt look contam'd so ill keep an eye on it.

Jars from other side:

Close up on jar 2:

edit from now (september) : Ditched Jar 3 as it never germinated...

Jars 1 & 2 (innoc'd 31/07/08) are going nicely, if not a bit slowly. Started looking very rhizomorphic in some spots. Some pics:

And here are some pics of the plastic jars colonising (innoc'd 12-13/08/08). Not all have germinated. 8 of 10 have for sure and look healthy, but 1 shows only a small white spot which looks like it could be contam, and the other shows nothing at all. Anyway here are some pics:

Close up on the best lookers :

Update as of 4th September '08.

Ok some photos of my only successful-looking LC and the jars at various points in colonisation.

The LC. This is the quart jar with honey. Knocked up on 26/08/08 - been 9 days. Lots of clumps of white fluff balls. I guess thats the myc. The honey water has become a lot paler than when i started, it started as a deep honey colour.. Not completely clear though so might be some bacteria in there.

Here is the LC from a couple of angles. There are other bits in there too. Probably not good.. Looks like bits of caramelised suger maybe?

This is jar 1 @ approx 90% - innoc'd 31/07/08 - been 35 days (i know, its ages..). Notice blueing in some spots. im pretty certain its not trich, but bruising from moving them too much..Everything is still looking healthy but it has shrunk back from the glass in the middle. |)(| < looks like that if you know what i mean. Should i worry or will they be fine? :

This is jar 2 @ approx 60%, this is the one with really nice rhizo growth but is taking longer. It stalled for ages to begin with and only 2/4 points germinated. Also has a small patch of blue bruising...

And the other 10 plastic in various stages of colonisation ... These were innoc'd 12-13/08/08 - been about 23days so far and some are over 60%! Much faster than the glass, and higher germination rate. Only 3 of the 10 didnt completely germinate and of those 3, at least 2 points germinated. So hate to say it but im liking the plastic..

No contam's yet. Woohoo! :headbang:

--------
This is my FC before any cakes

And my TiT:
---------

Jars knocked up with LC on the 6/sep/08: 8/sep/08:

UPDATE 14/9/08:

The LC jars at 8 days:

2 plastic jars (innoc-13/08/08) dunked and rolled and placed in FC on 13/9/08.

One rolled in verm the other in 50/50 mix. Experimenting :wink:.

UPDATE 15.09.08

Shot of verm cake after 2 days in FC :

SMall knots forming.

Dunked 2 more cakes today. Jars 1 & 2. Jar 1 has been done for a couple of days now and jars 2 has just finished so ive dunked them both.. Those have been colonising for 46 days!!! So chunky you can carve 'em :lol:

All my LC jars are @ 100% in 9 days. Wicked! Still have another 8 plastic jars to finish colonising.

The 50/50 jar is showing fuzzy white growth in all the spots showing myc. Looks nice and healthy, no sign of any contams but its early days.. The Verm jar is doing the same thing but to a lesser extent..

Have been fanning& misting 1 time before work, and another 3-4 times from when i get home to when i go to bed.

Original 2 glass jars (innoc-31/jul/08) dunked, rolled and placed in FC on 15/sep/08:

All pics there are of jar 1, jar 2 can be seen in one of them. Was worried about extreme bruising on jar 1, so have since cased it using 50/50 method, and added more water.

The casing is showing signs of life! A few strands of growth are coming up.. Not many though, yet:crazy2:.

Jar 2, that went in with Jar 1 which is now the casing, is getting growth all over it now with little knots forming.

The first 2 jars are still going well.

Here is some pics of the FC and cakes...

Dunked 4 LC cakes for around 8 hours. Placed in FC later on that arvo.

Dunked and rolled another LC cake for a full 24hrs, placed in FC on 20th.

Some pics of whats cracking in my FC at the moment :smile:. Been almost 12days and no pins. Getting lots of outward growth though like little strands and bulges in some places. Today i noticed some little white dots on the 50/50 cakes that look a little different to the other growth ive seen so far. All thoughts are very welcome, i hope im not doing anything wrong. Im fanning and misting at least 4 times a day (probably closer to 8 times :lol:), and trying to get as much light as possible. Im a little worried that they maybe werent getting enough so ive started leaving the incandescent globe on that is directly above the FC (about 2 metres away tho).

No pins! :crazy2:

Just a few more days or what do you guys reckon?

Ok here are some pics finally:
The FC now:

Pins:

These are still small though, im guessing they will get bigger hopefully?

:rockon:

THeyve grown... Check out the pinset on the 50/50 cake.. It looks pretty good!

50/50 cake. It kinda looks like 2 different shrooms growing from the different colouring but it was MS so yeah..:

Some smaller ones growing that look kinda weird. Notice the cat hair.. I have 4 cats so cant help a couple of hairs straying into the FC. Doesnt seem to affect the growth but i still try to minimise it..

And its out of focus and overexposed but i like this pic for some reason :

Verm cake:

Other cakes.. The 3rd cake i put into FC has only 2 pins so far but looks set to pop.:stoned:

UPDATE 27/09/08

looook at my loveliess....

I cant stop looking at that cluster. It makes me happy :lol:.

The FC. Still only 3/8 cakes pinning so far and its obvious the 2 of them which i put in first. Third pinning cake (jar 2) is the one in the top left corner. Couple of small pins on that one.

UPDATE 27.09.08 (approx 12 hours later)

Its harvest time i think for one cake. Problem though, what do i do with all the little pins that arent ready yet? Wait for them or just pic them off and dunk. Doesnt look like the cakes going to produce much more this flush.

Some pics:

Pretty small shrooms, but im happy!

UPDATE 29.09.08

Some more pics of other cakes:
<The Verm Cake - also where i got the freshy from in the pic above..
< Jar 1 (or 2).. THe one that i didnt case... I forget now.. 
< And my casing is pinning quite hardcore-ly! There is a massive cluster fuck happening in the top left corner. That will be pretty to look at :mushroom2::rasta:

Oh and a couple of the LC jars are starting to show pins. Too small to take pics of yet but woot! My LC worked and i have about a quart jar full of the shit in the fridge. Enough B+ mycelium to last just a little while :wink:

Some insight into my super-complicated drying method:

Starts by me turning on my ceiling fan :lol: Notice the freshy in the second photo. Thats my biggest shroom yet!! (:lol:) Looks like a stogy

Edited by plonkerism (09/29/08 03:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: plonkerism]
    #8607042 - 07/08/08 04:24 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Australia and New Zealand will not allow any pre-sterilized Grow Bag Kits, spore syringes, or culture syringes to pass through customs. Customers in these countries are asked to restrict their spore purchases to spore print samples only to ensure delivery may be possible

From the spore works...One of the vendors.

So yes spore prints ONLY will be allowed in. No syringes.

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: MHbound]
    #8607047 - 07/08/08 04:36 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

No syringes ?? .... Ive sent vacutainers to Australia with no problem before,I WILL help at least one person on every continent cultivate mushrooms,4 down 3 to go,anyone know anyone in Antarctica :strokebeard:

Invisiblewisp

Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: Blutjager]
    #8607051 - 07/08/08 04:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Syringes are very unlikely to make it throught Australian customs. It's possible, but if found, they will not be allowed through.

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: wisp]
    #8607059 - 07/08/08 04:50 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah have been reading about the laws regarding those, so made sure i only ordered prints. Hawkseye was one of the sites, anyone ordered from them before? the strains happen to be active :wink:, three types of cubes.. will that matter?

Planning to start an LC when they arrive, using this method :

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5238137

and the pftek with help from this :
http://users.lycaeum.org/~mushrooms/tek/SCGTv0.6.html#spore_syringe_suppliers

ill keep this thread updated on how it goes..  :smile:

--------------------

Edited by plonkerism (07/08/08 04:54 AM)

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: plonkerism]
    #8607063 - 07/08/08 04:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

plonkerism said:
Yeah have been reading about the laws regarding those, so made sure i only ordered prints. Hawkseye was one of the sites, anyone ordered from them before? the strains happen to be active :wink:, three types of cubes.. will that matter?

Planning to start an LC when they arrive, using this method :

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5238137

and the pftek with help from this :
http://users.lycaeum.org/~mushrooms/tek/SCGTv0.6.html#spore_syringe_suppliers

ill keep this thread updated on how it goes..  :smile:

No Pc huh :slitwrist::suicide: ??

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: Blutjager]
    #8607075 - 07/08/08 05:06 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Do you mean pressure cooker, i think i have one..    ??

if not ill use the 'near sterile' environment suggested. Hopefully that will work.. We'll see how it goes :smile:

--------------------

Invisiblewisp

#8607077 - 07/08/08 05:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

As the spores do not contain psilocybin they are technically legal. However, Australia customs dictates that any biological material that has not been processed, is not permitted into the country without a permit. So even though the spores are technically legal, if found, they will be confiscated. The same would go for an apple.

Having said that, it is very likely they won't be found. You would have to be quite unlucky for customs to find them. Most mail goes unscanned.

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#8607078 - 07/08/08 05:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yes I mean pressure cooker,the two threads you link to are for people without one,there are a million good LC teks on here if you have a PC(I like mine:lol:) and its no secret to anyone who has ever read my posts on here that I don't think anyone should ever even have brown rice flour in their house if they have a PC and can use grain.... I think they should legalize mushrooms and criminalize BRF :lol:

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: wisp]
    #8607086 - 07/08/08 05:14 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

All im worried about is if they get found, are cops gonna come bust my door down for trying to import a psilocybe species?

If they just chuck them out, ill just try again!

--------------------

Invisiblewisp

#8607093 - 07/08/08 05:17 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

#8607097 - 07/08/08 05:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hahahaha, ok Blutjager can you link me your tek? Im still deciding best/easiest to use at this point.. Remember this is first time :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#8607120 - 07/08/08 05:41 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

plonkerism said:
Hahahaha, ok Blutjager can you link me your tek? Im still deciding best/easiest to use at this point.. Remember this is first time :wink:

Here ya go >> http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7320513/an/0/page/0 ; its also in my Sig and if you have Sig's turned off you can always find it in my journal :yesnod:

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

#8607303 - 07/08/08 07:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

that is good i may use that, the baby bottles are plastic right? how to they stand up to the heat i figured they'd melt in a PC.. hmm im gonna ask around see if anyone i know has one i can borrow for an afternoon or so.. :lol:

--------------------

Invisiblewisp

#8607319 - 07/08/08 07:27 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Polypropylene and polycarbonate both stand up to high temperatures.

OfflineAsric
Fueled By Satan
 User Gallery

#8607429 - 07/08/08 08:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Personally I have had nothing but trouble shooting MS into nutritious liquid to make an LC. I would suggest going with what RR has said previously about making a grain jar, letting it colonize, filling it with sterile water and giving it a good shake and sucking up the slurry. You could easily make a hundred LC syringes off of this from one original MS syringe.

Yeah and dont worry about them busting you or chucking it. Prints are low profile.

--------------------
Looking to trade for:
Wedges of: Golden Oyster, Pink Oyster, Shaggy Mane, Stropharia R.
Prints of: Z strain, Treasure Coast, Exotics, Morels
Have to trade:
Wedges: Pearl Oyster, Wellington Oyster, Grey Oyster, Lion's Mane
Prints: B+
Other stuff: Micro centrifuge tubes, Home made artisan bouillon in chicken and shellfish (lobster and shrimp), Homemade pecan smoked salt

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#8607577 - 07/08/08 09:50 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

plonkerism said:
that is good i may use that, the baby bottles are plastic right? how to they stand up to the heat i figured they'd melt in a PC.. hmm im gonna ask around see if anyone i know has one i can borrow for an afternoon or so.. :lol:

Yea they are plastic,I have used more than one brand and all of them stand up to the pressure cooker just fine,sometimes they get a bit "Cloudy" looking after they have been in the PC many times but this is only after making lc in them numerous times and they are cheap enough to replace by than..

O and I have also made "Grain Lc" like RR suggests,and I will say that that stuff is fantastic as well,it is easy to make more of it than you could ever possibly need and you may find yourself just walking around town with a syringe of the stuff shooting it on random things in the neighborhood just for the hell of it to see what will grow where:strokebeard:

I suggest filling a squirt gun with it or come up with some interesting answers for the police ahead of time or you may well find yourself in the basement of some national security building being tortured for not answering questions that you legitimately do not know the answers to when they accuse you of being some kind of terrorist with a biological weapon when they catch you shooting a 12 CC syringe into produce at the supermarket:hehehe:

Also I like the grain Lc because you know ahead of time if you may be dealing with contamination because its so much easier to see contamination in a grain jar than an lc jar or bottle,be careful making it though with the removing of lids and stuff you may well contaminate it anyway so make sure to do it in clean and still air at the very least

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
    #8608372 - 07/08/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

They will not kick your door down. They are legal. You are studying them under a microscope with some friends, aren't you?? Yes you are. Nothing they can do...Now if you get caught selling them, or growing them thats a different ballgame, but growing mushrooms and grow pot are different. The majority of the mushrooms cultivation busts I've read about have been found when they raided the house for pot.

--------------------

Offlinechobumms
Pokemon Master
Male User Gallery

Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: MHbound]
    #8608510 - 07/08/08 02:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, check this out, The first time I tried growing mushrooms I put some potting soil in foil 9X11's  and cooked it in my barbecue pit. I took my first spore prints and scraped some on the soil, all three spore prints. After a week I had a small white growth thev size of half a dime, then it never got bigger. Then I did the PF tek with a PC that came with no rocker! on some Birdseed. Then I checked the incubator to find maggots in everything. Being a newbie is hard. The search function is your best friend.

--------------------
[/url]
My "Faster Germination For Popcorn Substrate" TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8428361#8428361

Invisibleplonkerism
Male

Re: So ive just ordered some spore prints... first time attempt at cultivating! [Re: Asric]
    #8611262 - 07/09/08 02:25 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Asric said:
Personally I have had nothing but trouble shooting MS into nutritious liquid to make an LC. I would suggest going with what RR has said previously about making a grain jar, letting it colonize, filling it with sterile water and giving it a good shake and sucking up the slurry. You could easily make a hundred LC syringes off of this from one original MS syringe.

Yeah and dont worry about them busting you or chucking it. Prints are low profile.

Ok that does look better, but i only have spore prints. As far as i understand i need a solution that can be injected into substrate for colonization. This could be by using a spore syringe, which i cant get, or by using LC. The only reason im using the LC is to create myc i can inject into the cakes to colonize in the first place..

I guess my question would be can i colonise a cake somehow directly from a print without using LC or a syringe? The method you show requires me to have a colonised cake.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next >

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds