Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Loc: Lazy River Road
How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money?
    #8603211 - 07/07/08 07:48 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

So I'm 28 and I've been married for 5 years...:confused: 4 of which have been pretty shitty. I have a 5 year old son (hence the 5 year marriage...) who I absolutely love and want the very best for.

So my wife's cheated on me once that I'm sure about a couple years ago and I'm pretty sure she's up to it again. We don't get along at all and haven't for the better part of this BS marriage. I really want out of it but I know the reason she isn't initiating the separation is because my career is about to take off and she has nothing really going for her. Typical, right??

The only way I can think of getting out of it without her taking my money is to hire a P.I. and catch her with someone else. The only thing is I know they aren't cheap and I probably couldn't afford it.

The other problem is custody of my son. The wife is great with him and he loves her a ton so I would want some kind of joint custody to split the time as evenly as possible.

I'm not sure how all this works so if anyone has experience with similar situations I would love to hear about the outcomes.

--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #8603213 - 07/07/08 07:51 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

well if you have already caught her cheating on your in the past, I don't see how it would be much of a problem to leave her with nothing. If you could catch her again, that would be even better.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: aDoS]
    #8603215 - 07/07/08 07:53 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I have no problem with it but without actual evidence I think the courts will...

--------------------
Man says, "God, show me and I will believe." God says, "Believe and I will show you."

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: Aiko Aiko]
    #8603219 - 07/07/08 07:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If she uses some kind of car you have access to, maybe you can set up some kind of audio recorder.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
    #8603235 - 07/07/08 08:15 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Divorces cost alot.  But, there worth it

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
    #8603242 - 07/07/08 08:25 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

You have a son and he deserves two parents who live together and get along. It's your duty to make whatever compromises it takes to make that happen. Fuck your feelings, you brought another person into the world and that's a lifetime commitment.
Quote:

The wife is great with him and he loves her a ton so I would want some kind of joint custody to split the time as evenly as possible.

That's the entire equation. Quit being so selfish and start being a man. Who cares if your wife is stepping out and getting some? All you should do is try the best you can to make her not want to do that without causing friction in the home your son, who you brought into this fucking world, lives in. So that means you have to be as nice and sweet to her as you possibly can because it is your duty to see to it that your son, who you brought into the world through your actions, who never asked to live on this fucking planet, grows up in a loving home. Anything less means you are a selfish fucking cunt just like 90% of all the fucking 'Dads' I meet in this shitbag society. Grow a fucking set, be a man. Protect your family, don't be a pussy and abandon it. That shit is so fucking weak.

--------------------
Space is the Place

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #8603268 - 07/07/08 08:52 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
You have a son and he deserves two parents who live together and get along. It's your duty to make whatever compromises it takes to make that happen. Fuck your feelings, you brought another person into the world and that's a lifetime commitment.
Quote:

The wife is great with him and he loves her a ton so I would want some kind of joint custody to split the time as evenly as possible.

That's the entire equation. Quit being so selfish and start being a man. Who cares if your wife is stepping out and getting some? All you should do is try the best you can to make her not want to do that without causing friction in the home your son, who you brought into this fucking world, lives in. So that means you have to be as nice and sweet to her as you possibly can because it is your duty to see to it that your son, who you brought into the world through your actions, who never asked to live on this fucking planet, grows up in a loving home. Anything less means you are a selfish fucking cunt just like 90% of all the fucking 'Dads' I meet in this shitbag society. Grow a fucking set, be a man. Protect your family, don't be a pussy and abandon it. That shit is so fucking weak.

:lol: 

Your level of sarcasm is amazing.  I love it.

:smirk:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleDR. PRIME
Mental M.D.

Loc: Chicago Flag
    #8603441 - 07/07/08 10:51 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah man, tell that bitch what's up, and if she doesn't like it, at least you know that you put yourself out there to be understood. Write a wholehearted letter about your situation and if she can't respect that and shit doesn't start to change, then consider divorce. Also, the reason she cheats is probably because she isn't getting what she wants from you so she has to go somewhere else to find it. You'd be surprised how good or bad people will treat based upon your actions toward them. Just be conscious of everything and don't do shit without thinking. I think you'll find that things will start to mellow out and you actually might start to enjoy each other. :shrug:

That's just my two cents. You only get what you give.

Also, if you can't make it work and instigate a divorce I seriously feel sorry for you. The courts will tear your shit apart and she will definitely be glad that you offered. You have a kid for Christ's sake! It would be different if you didn't but you do, so hang in there, otherwise you'll go through a lot more bullshit if you can't make things work.

--------------------

InvisibleLeft Nut City
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8603455 - 07/07/08 10:58 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

OP,

Hear this and hear this GOOD.

ABSOLUTELY NO ONE cares about adultery anymore except for the person it's happening to.  Judges don't care, lawyers don't care, courts don't care.  Bringing it up in court is as lame as saying your wife called your Momma a nasty name.  You'll be laughed at.

Also, since you are male, you are automatically assumed to be at fault and your poor, loving wife needs oodles of $$ for support and comfort.

Now, if you can PROVE that she smokes crack in front of your kid or takes your kid along when she turns tricks you MAY be able to persuade a judge but it is unlikely.

If you are flat-ass broke and have a weak job -- believe it or not -- that is your BEST defense.  A judge will not make you pay more than you make.

Take heed, I've been down this road before and it cost me over $400 thousand clams.

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #8603465 - 07/07/08 11:02 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

Fuck his feelings? What that makes no sense at all, if it wasnt for his love for his wife at the time the child wouldnt have ever been born. Now that its gone a divorce is  needed. Good parenting requires two people a dad and mom, but its not gonna work they dont get along. Kids arent stupid they can see this and you may say "ok il wait till hes outta school" Then what? Put it off another 4 years? Next thing you kno youve been stuck wit this hag for 16yrs and shits going down the drain faster and faster cuz now you got alil negro baby to take after cuz wiffeys been messin around :lmao:

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: AJ4U]
    #8603507 - 07/07/08 11:23 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I guess I should of mentioned when we got together it was through her cheating on her boyfriend with me...I know that was probably my stupidity but at the time I guess I really didn't have a concept of "if they cheat with you they'll cheat on you". I sure as hell do now. If the bitch is that unhappy in the first place then fucking end it, don't run around whoring yourself out. I also truly believe that it would be better for my son if he didn't have to grow up with parents that can barely speak to each other, I grew up in a house like that and if fucking sucked.

--------------------

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
    #8603511 - 07/07/08 11:26 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gobblin said: I also truly believe that it would be better for my son if he didn't have to grow up with parents that can barely speak to each other, I grew up in a house like that and if fucking sucked.

thats what i was tryen to get at

--------------------

OfflineAiko Aiko
 User Gallery

Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: AJ4U]
    #8603569 - 07/07/08 11:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My bad, it was meant for OfflineTheFakeSunRa....and I guess I was just reiterating what you said.

So, Left Nut City what your trying to say is I'm FUCKED!!

--------------------

Offlinesirbojangles
h20

Loc: inside a transparent eyeb...
    #8603621 - 07/07/08 12:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

geez, man

who gives a fuck if she's cheating

so she wants to have sex big deal

why do you hate each other?

you guys are two people

of infinite complexities

Invisiblebadlydrawnboy
Witnessing
 User Gallery

#8603640 - 07/07/08 12:21 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know much, i'm 24 and don't intend on children or marriage till my mid-later 30's. 

but, your child is only 5 years old.  at that age kids aren't picking up on their parents regression from love to friendship to nothing.  all he knows is he loves his mom and his dad and that's all.  as long as you two aren't shouting at one another and you're just not speaking much, he's fine. 

so for right now, in his case, he's fine, right?  quite happy probably.  i knew nothing when i was five if my parents were sleeping around or anything, the only thing a kid that age knows is shouting and hostility.  so keep that to a minimum and like you said, you two just sort of shun one another and don't speak much.  when a kid turns 8-10, then you'll be in trouble.  then they understand

i'm very grateful my parents stayed together, are still happy, and i still see them lots and it's great.  my childhood was perfect and i'm fortunate for that.  two loving parents.

but i think you sustain that with a divorce.  if the divorce happens within the next two years, the transition for your son won't be too difficult, as he's young, and because he's still got two caring parents who just don't happen to be together.

if there is no hope with your wife, do what you're going to do, you'll do it anyway eventually and the sooner the better (for your sake and your son's). 

like you said also, if you're preparing to bring in more income, leave her before this happens.  your boy can come over to your place, spend time with his father, go back home where he grew, spend time with his mother.  usually the wives stay in the house, right?  usually seems that way.

you'll eventually meet someone new, and well, your wife already has someone new would is horrible and probably torments the hell in you.  and then your son will have to see his mother with a new man, but he's still young and it's just like a third parent whom will NEVER replace his father.

just do it fast, and if she takes your $$ and you only temporarily get to see your son a few days a week, things will change.  you'll be bringing in more income and then days increase.

OR, just take your son and move somewhere away from it all.  is that kidnapping?

my viewpoints may be childish, but there is some verity in it i think.  you've thought of it all i'm sure already though. 
so just act on it already...

--------------------
_/\__/\/\__/\_/\_/\_/\/\_/\_/\/\_/\__/\__/\__/\/\__/\_/\___/\_/\/\_/\_/\_/\_

Offlinechobumms
Pokemon Master
Male User Gallery

Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: sirbojangles]
    #8603661 - 07/07/08 12:31 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Some opinions on here are really bad and some really good.

My mom just filed for divorce herself through a do it yourself book, it was a pretty cheap alternative, but her and my stepdad agreed to it beforehand, so look into saving money that way.

I don't think you should stay together if you don't get along. I was miserable til my parents broke it off when I was about five. They argued alot until they separated. If your both good parents the visitation shit doesn't matter. I used to hate going to my dad's cuz he made us break cement and shit, but if you're a good dad your kid will not mind visitation. Cheating is unacceptable.

Just try to be a firm man about it though. I see alot of weak ass men like my new stepdad that depend on their women and cant hardly speak up enough to put bitches or men in their place. I used to be like that, but being dominant is so much more fun. Pick up a second job or more hours if you need to to pay for this shit and just get out and call it a five years. Best of luck to you. Do a prenump next time. Every woman I know that I said" would you get a prenump?" to that answered "NO" has been a bitch to some extent and looked money hungry. Only recently when I am with a girl that inherited 90,000 dollars do I hear "Yes" to the prenump question. Get it or Die!

--------------------
[/url]
My "Faster Germination For Popcorn Substrate" TEK
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8428361#8428361

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

#8603694 - 07/07/08 12:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gobblin said:
I have no problem with it but without actual evidence I think the courts will...

If you can hire a private investigator or do it yourself. . .  take pictures and keep records (time lines). If you can prove she was unfaithful she gets. . . (drum-roll) NOTHING!!! YEY!!! You could also considering selling your assets to friends/family (trusted ones) for as little as $1 or if it's under $10,000 you can call it a gift (per friend a year)! Like I said the best way is to be able to prove she's cheating because according to most(if not all) state laws adultery is technically still a crime.

--------------------

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
    #8603739 - 07/07/08 01:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

There is a wonderful secret to this situation.

DON'T GET MARRIED.

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Re: How do you divorce your wife without her taking all your money? [Re: Snape]
    #8603752 - 07/07/08 01:08 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Snape said:
There is a wonderful secret to this situation.

DON'T GET MARRIED.

Truely!! Getting married because of kids is like the #2 Reason for divorce! But since that is clearly not an option here. . .  yeah I already told you what I thought. . .

there's always hiring a hitman! :sniperkitty: jk

seriously JK

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8603786 - 07/07/08 01:16 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

First off, you need to make sure that you live in a state that allows for fault-based marriages.

One good technique for proving fault without having to rent an suv with tinted windows, would be to stop having sex with her, wait a year or two, then clandestinely have her tested for STDs.  If she turns up positive, while you yourself are clean, is a surefire way to prove fault.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub