Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineblackegg
...has left the building.
Male User Gallery

McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy.
    #8595919 - 07/04/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/26/mccain_tested_on_economy/

"....I'm going to be honest: I know a lot less about economics than I do about military and foreign policy issues. I still need to be educated," McCain told the Wall Street Journal in late November.

In December he said, "The issue of economics is not something I've understood as well as I should," as the Globe reported on its "Political Intelligence" blog at the time.

On at least one occasion, McCain has raised the matter himself. On Nov. 10, while traveling through New Hampshire on his Straight Talk Express bus, McCain was asked what he would seek in a vice presidential candidate if nominated.

After mentioning the ability of a potential running mate to replace the president, McCain said, "You also look for people who maybe have talents you don't, or experience or knowledge you don't, as well."

"What are those qualities that you don't - that you wouldn't mind complementing?" asked David Brooks, a columnist for The New York Times.

McCain paused. "Uh, maybe I shouldn't say this, but, somebody who's really well grounded in economics," he said.

"I think I understand the fundamentals, I talk to people all the time on economics - it's obviously a vital part of America's future," McCain continued. "But I know there are some people who have literally immersed themselves on issues of economics, how Congress works on it, the tax code, that sort of thing. I would look for that kind of talent not in a vice president but in close advisers."

"They are complicated," McCain said of economic issues, "and I freely admit I am not an economist."

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy. [Re: blackegg]
    #8595955 - 07/04/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Old.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8596408 - 07/05/08 12:48 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, he's really old too, what's your point?

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8596807 - 07/05/08 09:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's just old, that's all.  I certainly have no reason to believe the Marxist Obama knows anything about economics.  That's why they hire economists.

Speaking of economists, what the hell happened to Economist?  He was handy to have around.

--------------------

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

Re: McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8598250 - 07/05/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Whether or not the article itself is 'old'...is irrelevant.

McCain can't even pay his taxes on time,
has 100,000 dollars in credit card debt and
*admits* he's not knowledgeable about the economy.

Yet he wants to run a country facing a recession?

Are you serious?

He can't speak well, isn't 'keen' on foreign relations,
chokes people out seemingly at random, can't even drive a f*&^%ng car!
and has trouble paying his own taxes on time, for Christ's sake!

What can he do?

Oh yeah, he can insure that our one-hundred  year 'Oil War' will continue rollin' right along!

Adolph says,"Vay to go McCain! Yaaaaa, Baybee!! Doo it! Doo it!!
Zeigen Sie jenen Kommunisten who' s der Chef!!!

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8598256 - 07/05/08 06:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

and that is why this election is really a determination of the intelligence of the country
if mccain wins we will be certain that this country is completely filled with morons

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #8598504 - 07/05/08 08:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
It's just old, that's all.  I certainly have no reason to believe the Marxist Obama knows anything about economics.  That's why they hire economists.

Do you honestly think that a guy that old knows what the fuck he is doing? The guy can't even read the teleprompter and you trust him to understand economic policies?

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

Re: McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy. [Re: downforpot]
    #8600167 - 07/06/08 09:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Marxist Obama

Has Obama ever called himself a Marxist?

McCain is telling us that he doesn't know
about the economy or how to speak in public.

Is this really the best the Republicans can do?

I mean is it too late for them to choose someone else??

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8600202 - 07/06/08 09:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blackegg said:
Whether or not the article itself is 'old'...is irrelevant.

McCain can't even pay his taxes on time,

Do you mean this?

Quote:

When you're poor, it can be hard to pay the bills. When you're rich, it's hard to keep track of all the bills that need paying. It's a lesson Cindy McCain learned the hard way when NEWSWEEK raised questions about an overdue property-tax bill on a La Jolla, Calif., property owned by a trust that she oversees. Mrs. McCain is a beer heiress with an estimated $100 million fortune and, along with her husband, she owns at least seven properties, including condos in California and Arizona.

San Diego County officials, it turns out, have been sending out tax notices on the La Jolla property, an oceanfront condo, for four years without receiving a response. County records show the bills, which were mailed to a Phoenix address associated with Mrs. McCain's trust, were returned by the post office. According to a McCain campaign aide, who requested anonymity when discussing a private matter, an elderly aunt of Mrs. McCain's lives in the condo, and the bank that manages the trust has not been receiving tax bills on the property. Shortly after NEWSWEEK inquired about the matter, the McCain aide e-mailed a receipt dated Friday, June 27, confirming payment by the trust to San Diego County in the amount of $6,744.42. County officials say the trust still owes an additional $1,742 for this year, an amount that is overdue and will go into default July 1. Told of the outstanding $1,742, the aide said: "The trust has paid all bills shown owing as of today and will pay all other bills due."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/143775/

What desperate nonsense.  They're not his taxes and the bank fucked up. 
Quote:

has 100,000 dollars in credit card debt and

So what?  He has millions.  People with that kind of money often have that kind of CC balance.  That's why they have unlimited cards
Quote:

*admits* he's not knowledgeable about the economy.

This is what he admits:
1.  He could have spent more time on it
2.  There are others who have spent more time on it
3.  He is not an economist

In order:
1.  He concentrated on other things, like security.  How does his opponent compare?  Given his rather shallow experience in, well,everything, not better.  The middle school Marxist is well behind McCain's understanding of things economic.
2.  Something that is equally true of 99% of all Members of Congress and 100% of Presidential candidates.
3.  Name one former President and one Presidential candidate who is.  Good luck.
Quote:

Yet he wants to run a country facing a recession?

You think Barry's populist Marxism will help avert a recession?  I'll leave you to your own next quote.
Quote:

Are you serious?

He can't speak well, isn't 'keen' on foreign relations,
chokes people out seemingly at random, can't even drive a f*&^%ng car!
and has trouble paying his own taxes on time, for Christ's sake!

What can he do?

Oh yeah, he can insure that our one-hundred  year 'Oil War' will continue rollin' right along!

What nonsense.  "Hundred Year Oil War"  :rofl2:Thanks for your help, Markos' parrot.  If all you have is this weak sauce you and Barry are really in trouble.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8600218 - 07/06/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blackegg said:
Quote:

Marxist Obama

Has Obama ever called himself a Marxist?

Who gives a fuck?  I'm calling the "Tax the Rich Give to the Poor"  Robin Hood jerkoff a Marxist.  You got a problem with that, Marxist?
Quote:

McCain is telling us that he doesn't know
about the economy or how to speak in public.

Well no, he isn't.  He just says there are people out there who are better at it.  From what I've seen and heard, Barry is certainly worse on the former and not so much better on the latter, which, in the grand scheme of things, is far less important than a whole lot of other skills a President might be expected to have.
Quote:

Is this really the best the Republicans can do?

No.  McCain is far too liberal.
Quote:

I mean is it too late for them to choose someone else??

Yes.  Given that a Marxist Entitlement Queen is his opponent he will have to do.

--------------------

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

#8600330 - 07/06/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That's about the fifth time I've heard you call someone's post 'weak sauce'...expand your vocabulary please.

...and since when has flooding the thread been considered making a valid point?
I'm not going to read all that shit! I work and have a life besides trolling these boards.

:cheers:

Edited by blackegg (07/06/08 11:38 AM)

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#8601119 - 07/06/08 03:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This is exactly why I hate politics. Because all of you fucking idiots that run smear campaigns bashing the crap out of whoever you don't like. It's so freaking ridiculous the crap you pull out of your ass that it makes me sick.

Judge the candidate by his policies and how you think he'll benefit America. Enough of this fucking bullshit smearing and jumping on every little foible you can find. It's idiotic.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8601177 - 07/06/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blackegg said:

That's about the fifth time I've heard you call someone's post 'weak sauce'...expand your vocabulary please.

Another lie.  I just did a search for weak sauce and my name and I've never used it before.
Quote:

...and since when has flooding the thread been considered making a valid point?
I'm not going to read all that shit! I work and have a life besides trolling these boards.

:cheers:

Feel free to put me on ignore.  I don't think you can be educated anyway.  I don't post for you.  I post to refute your lies and nonsense so other people will know the truth.

--------------------

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

#8601418 - 07/06/08 05:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Putting you on my ignore list is not the same as having a single thread that is not swamped with your lengthy and vitriolic responses.

Quote:

This is exactly why I hate politics. Because all of you fucking idiots that run smear campaigns bashing the crap out of whoever you don't like. It's so freaking ridiculous the crap you pull out of your ass that it makes me sick.

:tissue:

Really? Thanks for sharing, care to add something substantial about McCain's Economic policy?

Edited by blackegg (07/06/08 05:21 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8601484 - 07/06/08 05:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blackegg said:
Putting you on ignore is not the same as having a single thread that is not swamped with your lengthy and off topic responses.

You have the option to not read them.  They are perfectly on topic.  Stop whining.
Quote:

WakeboardrB:
I believe that this topic is on point.

The man says he doesn't know enough about the economy.

Our economy is in trouble...how is that a personal attack on his 'foibles'?

Until Democrats took over the House and Senate the economy was fine.  Now you want to add a Dem President?  With zero experience and who isn't an economist?  And a Marxist as well?  You think he's better qualified?  At least Mac knows what he is strong at what he needs strong advisors on his limitations.  Barry?  The Obamessiah can have no limitations.  He is a deity.  Feh.  There is not one single policy issue I would concede Obama competence at.  Not one.  A talented pandering race-mongering fraud, yes.  Policy?  No.  A true master huckster.
Face it, you're a desperate partisan hack fishing for crap.  Which is fine.  Own it proudly.

--------------------

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

#8601521 - 07/06/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

And what are you zappaisgod?

Quote:

Until Democrats took over the House and Senate the economy was fine. 

Care to back that up?

Edited by blackegg (07/06/08 05:27 PM)

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#8602245 - 07/06/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

For the record, I'm not voting Republican. I'm just sick of all this bullshit nit picking crap.

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy. [Re: Coaster]
    #8602573 - 07/06/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
and that is why this election is really a determination of the intelligence of the country
if mccain wins we will be certain that this country is completely filled with people who value conservative supreme court justices

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy. [Re: afoaf]
    #8603046 - 07/07/08 03:12 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think McCain is supposed to win. The Repub contenders this election were real bad because no republican in their right mind wants to be the leader when the country is preforming poorly. Turning the economy/world opinion/environment/standard of living around so the republicans can fuck it up again is a democrat job. If the republicans got elected and had to fix the problems they created it would seriously damage their constituent's and financial backers confidence in them.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: McCain admitts he doesn't know 'doodley' about the economy. [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8603102 - 07/07/08 04:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yes..  because bush took office with a vibrant, strong econo-- wait

we weren't done yet scrabbling out from under the bust of the tech bubble, and 9/11 REALLY tanked the economy.  the DOW didn't hit its 2000 levels again until about 2006

Sure.  It's gone down since then.  Call it the cumulative effect of shit like Enron, shit like a VASTLY VASTLY VASTLY over-inflated housing market (seriously, the idiots who thought houses should cost that much, and especially the jerkoffs that were buying them for that much, should be shot..  just like the people who invested money in www.wedeliveryourtp.com back in '97), and oh an unpopular war and a media that is CONSTANTLY CONSTANTLY telling us that the economy is going to shit (which if repeated often enough -- as it has been and still is being -- becomes a self-fufilling prophecy).
And it's time to elect a new president.  The economy always drops a bit before a presidential election.

Very simply?  That's really all that's wrong with the economy, so fuckit.  It's not a crisis.  We're not in any danger.  But if the media outlets and talking heads came out and said that, well...  they'd have to find a new story to panic about.  Probably the wild fires in California causing global warming.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom