Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRilloRiley
Stranger
Male

Loc: Northern Virginia
7/5/08 VA Mushroom Hunt (pictures)
    #8599150 - 07/05/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Well today i went out in search of some pann subbs but returned pretty much unsuccessful. the hunt got rained out about half way and the shrooms started to rot but none the less i had a fun time chasing the illusive mushroom down, even though it escaped me. here are some pictures of other things i found. hope you enjoy.

(most specimens were found on lawn, those which were not have a habitat picture included)

(1)first off here is a fungus growing from a tree stump, no idea what it is or even how to get a print from this type of fungus, but it looked nice.

(2) This is a suppossed puffball growing from someones lawn, i have no further information on this one as seeing it was not mature and i didnt want to kill it in order to find out what it was for sure, another nice looking fungus.

(3) These were found growing on some pile of unidentified blackish mulch, they were very rotten. the spore print didnt photograph well but it was the exact same color as the gills.

(4)This is where my cameras battery died, this was found growing on a lawn right after a hard rain, looks very old and beginning to rot. i believe this is possibly a pann subb but i am not sure. the spore print seemed to be very black(ish) deep deep purple but it was also very rainy. It had no outstanding features and the dark gills were attached to the stem.

(5) I have absolutely no idea what this is, but it was found growing on the same mulch pile as number (3), i have never seen a mushroom like this.

(6)
This is a green spored Lepiota (to the best of my knowledge), it was found growing on some grass next to a sidewalk. the sporeprints photograph is of poor quality.

(7) I believe these are %25252522foes%25252522 they were found in a lawn and produced a brown spore print (shown)
The gills were not attached to the stem.

(8) THESE WERE EVERYWHERE. they are referred to in the Audubon society north american mushroom field guide as %25252522dunce caps%25252522 or as %25252522conocybe lactea%25252522 they were extremely brittle with a white stem that was very skinny; and cinniamon colored gills and prints.

sorry for the inadequate information for identifying these, i just wanted to post pictures of todays hunt, if i really need a serious ID i will follow the rules more closely.
Has anyone found tons of Conocybe Lactea searching for subbs?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (07/05/08 11:18 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Edited by RilloRiley (07/05/08 11:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: 7/5/08 VA Mushroom Hunt (pictures) [Re: RilloRiley]
    #8599189 - 07/05/08 11:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

1) Polypore
2) Not a puffball!  Probably Chlorophyllm molybdites.
3) Psathyrella
4) Psathyrella
5) Parasola
6) C. molybdites
7) foes
8) Psathyrella

Conocybe lactea is also really common but it has a whiter cap that does not spread out much.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: 7/5/08 VA Mushroom Hunt (pictures) [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8599443 - 07/06/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It could also be Bolbitius.  They both have orangey spore prints.  And yeah, I've found them growing with subbs very regularly.

--------------------

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

Re: 7/5/08 VA Mushroom Hunt (pictures) [Re: CureCat]
    #8600073 - 07/06/08 08:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't seen Subbs for about a week in NoVa, but I'll let ya know if they reappear...

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck