Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelordmoon2212
New Shroomer
Male
Loc: Houston, Tx
Grow box questions... Please help out a fellow shroomer *DELETED*
    #8596431 - 07/05/08 01:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by lordmoon2212

Reason for deletion: My question HAS been answered

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Re: Grow box questions... Please help out a fellow shroomer [Re: lordmoon2212]
    #8596527 - 07/05/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

1. yes
2. closet or bed(preferably closet so its off the ground)
3. once. amount is up to you. no less than 4cc no more than 150 :lol: says p. menace
4. yes a long time and yes
5. hanging the bag works well as it allows it to breath a little. the co2 buildup in the bag will make it expand, so taping it back up isnt beneficial
6. u could but why
7. no
8. yeah it will fruit, but not as good as if you spawned it to a bulk substrate. an easy one would be coco coir
9. they dont bust the bags open, you have to cut the bag open to harvest, but you can let them fruit w/out opening the bag. some ppl make slits in the bag once its fully colonized to allow for fae(fresh air exchange)
10. theres not a huge difference in col. and fruiting temps. a matter of degrees, but they fruit best in the mid 70's and colonize best in low 80's
11. simple as that
12. light is a pinning inducer. a little light wont hurt, but its best to just put it somewhere and forget about it for a little. i know you wont do this and  youll check it every 14 minutes tho :shrug:
13. like dont jam your needle all the way into it. squirt so it kinda runs between the bag and grains
14. yes. just tape the top flap back over. obviously it needs room for the next flush which will be imediately after the first.
13also. continue fruiting
15. sporeworks = :thumbup: im not entirely sure if you can fruit directly from just rye(or any grain) theyre spawn bags bcuz ppl use that colonized grain to spawn to bulk. they make mycobags that are 100% in the bag fruiting, they have a grain patch, and then the grain colonizes and you mix it into the other substrate thats in the bag and then simply let fruit...

NOW, with all this being said, im going to yell at you for not searching first. you couldve looked up mycobag and found someones post that used them and gotten probably all your answers.

use this search engine and welcome to the Shroomery

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Offlinewasting_space
....JerkO'lantern....

Loc: halloweentown
Re: Grow box questions... Please help out a fellow shroomer [Re: just me]
    #8596542 - 07/05/08 02:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Damn dude that is a butt load of questions that can easily be answered with the search function...  Don't mean to crap in your ovaltine or anything but shit!!:poop:  If you search  for it and still feel reluctant...  fuck your reluctance..  Do what it says and Good Luck!!:rockman:

--------------------

Offlinelordmoon2212
New Shroomer
Male
Re: Grow box questions... Please help out a fellow shroomer [Re: wasting_space]
    #8596718 - 07/05/08 08:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Man I love this website. Thanks guys so much. I looked around for 2 hours reading peoples questions and answeres. I just need to ask my exact questions so I had no reason for doubt whatsoever. I just need to clarify a couple of your answers

1. If put in the closet, does the bag still have to stand straight up or can it be bent to fit into a container? If i put it in a container in my closet and cover it with a blanket, would that be good or would it need to breath? I have a tupperware container and a mini cooler, both seem good but the bag would have to be bent and when closed, no fresh are would be getting to it, so what should I do?

2. I was thinking about getting this bag from sporeworks.com:  http://sporeworks.com/store/product.php?productid=16357&cat=255&page=1

Is that a good bag?

3. Ive looked around online for coco coir but I find a place that sells it. Do they sell it at like home depot or something? You guys know a website?

4. I was was to buy a spawn bag, how do I spawn into bulk substrate? Do I just open the spawn bag when colonization is complete and pour the contents into the pot of coco coir? Should I shake the pot around with the mycelium and coco coir to mix it together? Do I pour mycelium filled substrate in first and pour the coco coir in 2nd on top of the mycelium substrate?

5. When bulk growing, is the fruiting process still the same?

6. Is there anything besides coco coir that can be used as bulk substrate? can coco coir or another type of bulk substrate be bought from like Home depot?

7. How much Coco coir or other, should be used in the fruiting process?

Thanks Gentleman

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#8597258 - 07/05/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

1. as i said the best thing to do is hang it. let it expand as its going to. folding it all back up and tucking it away might only slow things down. but ultimately its youre decision, if youre hellbent on putting it in somethin then do so.

2. what kind of mushies are you growing? i dont know how well cubes do on sawdust. everything from sporeworks is a good product. but not everything is for the same things...

3. bro go to any hydroponics store. online or on the street. get fiber and not chunk. i think some of our shroomery vendors might sell it.

4. a spawn bag(just grain) would be your best bet, and spawn this directly to a bulk substrate (like coir) and you can mix a number of ways once your grain is fully colonized. you can mix, you can layer, etc. heres a great read http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=85171&F_Board=64&Thread=6004845&partnumber=&postmarker= i  STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU READ IT

5. yes. if by this you mean are you still providing ample moisture and humidity and fae and light...

6. yes. yes. you can use a number of things. horse poop, cow poop, straw, a mix of these, a mix of one with the other etc. and many other things. you can buy popcorn or cracked corn or numerous grains and pressure cook them to make your own jars or bags as well
like so:
http://www.shroomery.org/9035/Popcorn-Tek-w-pics

7. its good to use a ratio of about 3:1 or 4:1 with bulk.

so imagine you use a full brick of coir, id say the general consensus would be to use about 6 quarts of spawn to this. im not entirely sure as ive never used a full brick. a half brick with 3 quarts of spawn works well.

and again bro, most of these answers couldve been searched.

look things up, read and study. trust me, the knowledge youll gain on this hobby by doing your own studying will far surpass the answers im giving you here today.

gl

aloha
peacelove

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

Offlinelordmoon2212
New Shroomer
Male
    #8598404 - 07/05/08 07:36 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks brothas

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

#8599361 - 07/06/08 12:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

im only one guy....

:grin:

:peace:

--------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
    #8599489 - 07/06/08 01:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds