Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience?
    #8597792 - 07/05/08 03:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone, been a while since I visited this site.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has done the Terence Mckenna experience?  For those who don't know, this means taking five dried grams of mushrooms in silent darkness.

I'm considering trying it, but I'd like to know if others have repeated it and had similar experiences to those that Terence describes?

Cheers,
Martin

P.S. It's been around a year and a half since I used any drug; I'm really beginning to feel ready for it now, though I'm always not really sure if I'll actually go through with it. :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: TurricaN]
    #8597923 - 07/05/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

lmao whats the worst that can happen! Go for it man. Make sure you have a COMFY bed omfgg

worse comes to worse you turn the lights on

Offlinesongcycle67
Gypsy Wizard

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: ultimo101]
    #8598052 - 07/05/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've done silent darkness on a similar amount of LSD and it was one of the most enlightening experiences of my life.  I would imagine mushrooms to be even more awe-inspiring in the visual skyrockets area.

I think McKenna is a total madcap, but he's got some interesting ideas.  The way he talks about seeing entities and talking to strange elven creatures is sort of disturbing to me.  I think he sort of glosses over "set" a lot of the time.  As a matter of fact I think he glosses over a lot of things that don't correspond with his thinking about these substances.

Still, extremely interesting, extrmeley wonderful and weird guy.  Just can't really take everything he says seriously..  and even he said as much.

But yeah, sensory deprivation is a good way to get off for sure.

--------------------

Check out my psychedelic acid rock: http://www.myspace.com/kingbeelovesyou

Disclaimer: All posts on this site concerning illegal substances are fictional accounts. I in no way endorse the use of or use any of these substances myself.

OfflinePaulrus
Man Simplified
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: songcycle67]
    #8598080 - 07/05/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Anybody got a link with more info?

Edited by Paulrus (07/05/08 05:27 PM)

Offlineelcharrosays
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: south east
    #8598083 - 07/05/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

songcycle67 said:
The way he talks about seeing entities and talking to strange elven creatures is sort of disturbing to me.

have you tried dmt dude?

--------------------

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: elcharrosays]
    #8598169 - 07/05/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i've done the McKenna before, it was the only bad trip i've ever had. i did them with respect, too, i just don't think i was ready for that introspective of a trip.

i saw a lot of disturbing shit and came to wrapped in my sheets with an eaten loaf of bread and an empty gallon jug of water next to me, neither of which i remember getting.

watching Wedding Crashers saved the day though, helped the comedown so much.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: uber_aj]
    #8598219 - 07/05/08 06:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ya i dont think i would want to dose up that way for very long

--------------------

Offlinesongcycle67
Gypsy Wizard

#8598416 - 07/05/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

No, but I realize that you do see things of that nature; he just seems to imply that they're indenouncably real creatures with real messages.

I've had tons of experiences on LSD where entities have talked to me or communicated ideas to me but I think it's more logical to chalk things of that nature up to the inner mind revealing itself in the form of imagery rather than conscious entities playing games.  Either is entirely possible, but generally good science says to go for the explanation that requires the least amount of assumptions.  His theories make a lot of assumptions.

Weird is always fun, though.  I love his lectures.

--------------------

Check out my psychedelic acid rock: http://www.myspace.com/kingbeelovesyou

Disclaimer: All posts on this site concerning illegal substances are fictional accounts. I in no way endorse the use of or use any of these substances myself.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: songcycle67] * 1
    #8598860 - 07/05/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

try to understand his style.
  He does not think they are "real creatures", and if you read into it in that way, well, yer a fuggin idiot.
He's not telling people that elves with pointy ears are living in your fucking brain.
He is an artist, so give him a break.

You know how important understanding primal archetypes and logos are when reading his shit?

I think only certain people really understand t mckenna.
Kinda the same way I feel about people like ayn rand.

He is not talking about real creatures.
He is talking about the scope of the human mind, and that these things are real and you can call them what you want.

He is talking about cognitive skills and strange order within all minds, an order that goes unseen for most people their whole lives.

Where it goes nobody knows.
He was here to interest you very seriously in, "the other" and its general neurological make up/real place in this universe.

The only people who understand what he and his brother were saying are people who actually are fuckin weird and schizo-awsome, like they are/were.
Nope, no "elves".......sorry, thats just a word....get it?

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (07/05/08 09:51 PM)

Offlineelcharrosays
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: south east
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: yageman]
    #8599163 - 07/05/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

whatever you want to call them.. dwarves, elves, spirits, entities.. they're pretty damned real when you meet them.

--------------------

OfflineAnotherDimension
Wanderer in the Land of the Lost

Loc: USA
    #8599184 - 07/05/08 11:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

God just called, he wants his phone back.

--------------------
Another Dimension
---------------------------
"Come, and trip it as ye go,
On the light fantastick toe."

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #8599576 - 07/06/08 02:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
The only people who understand what he and his brother were saying are people who actually are fuckin weird and schizo-awsome, like they are/were.

The only thing I disagree with is this statement.  I think if you just take your time and integrate your psychedelic awareness experience by experience, there's not reason you can't have a breakthrough DMT trip, incorporate it, and remain a perfectly balanced individual.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: g00ru]
    #8599910 - 07/06/08 05:51 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i think a more intense experience would be to stand inside a hollowed out tree, and look out on the rest of the forest, while tripping balls on a large dose of LSD, for a given 3-4 hours.

...after a while, you'd start to think you're actually a tree, I'd imagine. That would feel kinda weird, yea?

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

OfflineOzzy_shroomer
Mystery Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Summer All Year
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8599930 - 07/06/08 06:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

There really are some real tippers on this site to come up with things like that :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8600882 - 07/06/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tyler_0_durden said:
i think a more intense experience would be to stand inside a hollowed out tree, and look out on the rest of the forest, while tripping balls on a large dose of LSD, for a given 3-4 hours.

...after a while, you'd start to think you're actually a tree, I'd imagine. That would feel kinda weird, yea?

Probably, but it would miss the point entirely.

The aim is not to have a weird or intense experience, it is to experience the drug in isolation from the stimulation of the outside world, so that one can experience the drug in a manner that is as close as possible to what the drug itself really is about.

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Innerspace Flag
    #8600940 - 07/06/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
if you read into it in that way, well, yer a fuggin idiot.

I think only certain people really understand t mckenna.

No need for name calling, especially if you are brilliant enough to be the spokesman for McKenna's literary intent.
Many schools of thought, from McKenna to the Bible to Taoism have been interpreted differently by many groups through time.

I have read much of McKenna and listened to many hours of his lectures. I am in no way an authority on his work, but I am familiar with of what I speak.

"The fractal elves seem to be reassuring, saying, "Don't worry. don't worry; do this, look at this."  Meanwhile, one is completely "over there."  One's ego is intact.  One's fear reflexes are intact.  One is not "fuzzed out" at all.  Consequently, the natural reaction is amazement; profound astonishment that persists and persists.  One breathes and it persists.  The elves are saying, "Don't get a loop of wonder going that quenches your ability to understand.  Try not to be so amazed.  Try to focus and look at what we're doing"...One hears and beholds a language of alien meaning that is conveying alien information that cannot be Englished."

McKenna, Terence. Archaic Revival pg37-38

Wonderful! HAHA

--------------------
We mean nothing we do not mean to do.

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Ledd]
    #8600961 - 07/06/08 02:29 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Also, if anyone has "True Hallucinations" by McKenna and are interested in a trade, let me know.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #8601141 - 07/06/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
I'm just wondering if anyone else has done the Terence Mckenna experience?  For those who don't know, this means taking five dried grams of mushrooms in silent darkness.

Not quite, but I've done three grams.  Silent darkness  is the "classic" way to do shrooms.  I thought it was awesome, and highly recommend it.  Why not work up to five...no sense starting there.  Try it and report back!

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineAlicedee25

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8601933 - 07/06/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i did once, years ago. a little over 5 dried cubes.  I blacked out for the majority of the trip, stuck in a sleeplike state. I dont remember the 3 hours after the comeup. When i came back i thought about all of the things in my life.. Didn't get much from the trip other than 5 grams is too much for a 17 year old and it made me sign up for the SATS. Would like to try that dose again now, but my stomach has no tolerance for mush anymore.

--------------------
Here's Tom with the weather

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Alicedee25]
    #8602025 - 07/06/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I really only prefer to trip in silent darkness anymore. But not usually on such high doses, although I will be doing that in the near future.

I took 4g of these super potent shrooms one night, and I didn't necessarily have an entity contact experience like McKenna describes, but I definitely felt another presence(s). I basically felt like malicious spirits were trying to use me for the energy I released during my trips. Then I later saw the spirit of a dead woman in the bardo, so I said prayers for her so she may end up in a good reincarnation.

Another time, I ate 5g of some good shrooms and definitely made contact with some archetypes (Life, Sex, and Death). It was actually a really amazing trip with incredibly vivid imagery! Never been able to have visuals like that again, though. And I wasn't even in the dark, I just had my eyes closed on my friends' floor.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8619150 - 07/10/08 07:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I wanna try it with 5grams of PE. I hope it works out for me one day. :mushroomgrow:

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain.  Fire."

OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
    #8619189 - 07/10/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I need this to happen to me.

--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #8619250 - 07/10/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

AnotherDimension said:
God just called, he wants his DMT back.

*Fixed*

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Gainer]
    #8619684 - 07/10/08 10:23 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That level of introspection is scary sometimes. Usually worth the while. Always intimidating.

--------------------

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

#8619705 - 07/10/08 10:29 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I have never been that deep into my conscious. I mean I have tripped pretty hard from time to time. Never on shrooms though really, not recently anyways. I think it would be interesting/scary/exciting all wrapped into one. I could imagine maybe some strong anxiety sitting around coming up in the dark. I guess some grass might be in order aswell. :bigblunt:

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain.  Fire."

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Seeker_22]
    #8619972 - 07/10/08 11:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man if your gonna quote McKenna at least give the dead man some props on it.

--------------------

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8626207 - 07/12/08 04:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Nature Boy said:Not quite, but I've done three grams.  Silent darkness  is the "classic" way to do shrooms.  I thought it was awesome, and highly recommend it.  Why not work up to five...no sense starting there.  Try it and report back!

N.B.

IIRC, Terence said that the best way to do it is to take enough so that you have no choice but to give in to it, otherwise one may try to fight it and be lead into a bad experience.  This is the reason I want to avoid starting with less.

I can usually handle 3.5 gram with music (in darkness); but I've never tried complete silence before and wanted to make sure that I do it right.  The only difference I plan is that I won't be smoking weed during the trip.

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8627820 - 07/13/08 01:02 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

In my experience I have to give in to it at any dose. Trying to fight a trip is like swimming through an undertow. Even at a 2g dose it can be weird enough to cause problems if you are not with the flow.

--------------------

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #8636368 - 07/15/08 04:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
IIRC, Terence said that the best way to do it is to take enough so that you have no choice but to give in to it, otherwise one may try to fight it and be lead into a bad experience.  This is the reason I want to avoid starting with less.

Don't get me wrong, I respect (almost to the point of reverence) the wisdom of T. M., but on this point, I must respectfully disagree.

No one (and I mean no one) should ever counsel another to take an absolute amount of any substance such that the expected outcome rises to that level of inebriation.  YOUR wisdom and judgment should prevail, especially with a substance to which individual sensitivity needs to be accounted for.  Not to mention a half dozen other variables, such as potency, time of last meal, mind-set, etc. etc.

IMHO, the dosage should be based upon the level you want to reach, not the number of grams to be consumed.  YMMV, but 3 grams is enough for me.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleChronic7

#8636426 - 07/15/08 04:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:

I'm considering trying it, but I'd like to know if others have repeated it and had similar experiences to those that Terence describes?

Cheers,
Martin

P.S. It's been around a year and a half since I used any drug; I'm really beginning to feel ready for it now, though I'm always not really sure if I'll actually go through with it. :smile:

What did Terrence describe happening?

--------------------

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Chronic7]
    #8636508 - 07/15/08 05:35 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I was looking for a quote or video but no luck. Pretty much you witness pure information. Archetypes and machinery of the future will become visible. Alien technologies and intelligence will be seen.
He once referred to the imagination as a scout of the future. This experience would attach you more securely to your imagination.

[url=
&feature=related]Here's a cool video. It doesn't exactly answer youe question but it's a worthwhile watch for sure.[/url]

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#8636704 - 07/15/08 07:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Haha Urantia Book OS...

Terence said himself that some people are more sensitive to psilocybin than others and he had a high Irish tolerance.

It's best to try an 1/8th in silent darkness first.

A great way to find out what >5g is like for 30 Minutes is to smoke a bowl of Syrian Rue during the peak of a 3g trip. :eek:

OfflineBlue_Shrooms
just anothershroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: Wounder Land
    #9649970 - 01/21/09 01:08 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Bump:

Quote:

Cheers,
Martin

P.S. It's been around a year and a half since I used any drug; I'm really beginning to feel ready for it now, though I'm always not really sure if I'll actually go through with it.

Anybody that is thinking about the 5 gram in total darkness trip,  keep in mind that you will probably NOT see what Terence saw. To every man is his own trip!

I've done it! and it was in the top two trips (or experiences) i have ever had. adjust the dose a little if your body cant handle 5 grams. I believe he said do 5 grams is because you want the mushroom to have full control over you.....you don't want to fight the experience (which usually happens on piss ass amounts).

3 grams or 5 grams TURN OFF the music and SHUT OFF your black lights once in a while.  The "It Total Silent Darkness" bit is probably one of the best ways to have an "Experience". The music and blacklights are great ways to "Trip".

Id say to anybody that asks about this method, give it a try. if not 5 grams at least bump the dose a little higher than usual and give it a go.

Regarding Bad Trips people report trying this, Terence said that you learn more from the bad trips than you do from the good ones.

if there is something you don't want to see going into the trip, the mushroom will be sure to slam it in your face! PS

--------------------
Wisdom Is Respected Hatred Is Rejected -- STEEL PULSE

Man to man is so unjust, children
You don't know who to trust
Your worst enemy could be your best friend
And your best friend your worst enemy -- BOB MARLEY

It's ok if you want to experment with drugs.
It's when you begin to dwell on them drugs,
THAT'S when it's time to stop!  -- EDDIE

InvisibleIndigenous
Stranger

Loc: Celestial Realm
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Blue_Shrooms]
    #9650420 - 01/21/09 06:06 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I do an 1/8 in silent darkness all the time. I get all sorts of conversations with beings and visions. I won't do mushrooms any other way. I want to do it on LSD. IT doesn't feel as safe on LSD.

Offlinestaedtler
Stranger

#9651970 - 01/21/09 12:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

songcycle67 said:
The way he talks about seeing entities and talking to strange elven creatures is sort of disturbing to me.

Try DMT then get back to us on that...

InvisibleLedd
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: staedtler]
    #9652255 - 01/21/09 01:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I :heart: disturbing trips.

--------------------

OfflineDesos
Stranger
    #9653381 - 01/21/09 04:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

so how might this be on lsd?  im nowhere near experienced enough with shrooms to want to try this, but i do have a fair number of lsd trips under my belt.

anyone done this with lsd?  what does everything think would happen?

it seems like during the comeup you would begin getting tons of body energy and restlessness, until you either 1) couldn't handle it anymore and gave up to go do something else, or 2) exploded and disapeared into your conscious.

you'd probably see all of the clutter in your life personified, and have to work through it all.  after that i imagine you would meet the godhead, and be forced into submission of unification with the collective unconscious.

i just don't know if i could handle laying around in the dark for 12 hours.

--------------------
I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection.

OfflineBlue_Shrooms
just anothershroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: Wounder Land
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Desos]
    #9653514 - 01/21/09 05:01 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

lsd is a different story, yeah 12 hour is a long time to sit in darkness.
if you are in it for the learning experience....large dose in silent darkness (I just tell everybody good night, go to my room, eat about 5 grams and lay down and wait........at the end I peacefully fall asleep giving myself the whole night to dream with the mushroom trip fresh in my head)
LSD might make you go a little too far, if anything have a sitter for LSD. As for mushrooms, I keep it secret until I share my experience the next day. PS

--------------------
Wisdom Is Respected Hatred Is Rejected -- STEEL PULSE

Man to man is so unjust, children
You don't know who to trust
Your worst enemy could be your best friend
And your best friend your worst enemy -- BOB MARLEY

It's ok if you want to experment with drugs.
It's when you begin to dwell on them drugs,
THAT'S when it's time to stop!  -- EDDIE

InvisibleIndigenous
Stranger

Loc: Celestial Realm
    #9653562 - 01/21/09 05:07 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Desos said:

I think you would be zooming through the astral realm, not sitting in the dark.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Indigenous]
    #9653575 - 01/21/09 05:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know if my stomach could handle a heroic dose (~7 grams)

i'd throw up a lot lol.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineLochRaven
mycophile
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: pfxtc]
    #9654076 - 01/21/09 06:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

At first committed doses were best for me.  So i could find that space of the Omniscient Everything before even having a concept of what the fuck the Omniscient Everything(God, Truth, Oneness...) is.  After becoming more familiar with metaphysical planes of reality, even smaller doses would swing me right back in that space.

--------------------
there are rainbows
and earthworms
and microscopic hummingbirds

www.elestialsound.com

OfflineDesos
Stranger

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Indigenous]
    #9654197 - 01/21/09 06:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Indigenous said:
Quote:

Desos said:

I think you would be zooming through the astral realm, not sitting in the dark.

yeah, during the peak and afterwards probably.

but for the comeup you would just be sitting in the dark until more and more energy built up inside you.

--------------------
I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection.

OfflineLochRaven
mycophile
Male User Gallery

#9655326 - 01/21/09 09:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I enjoy daily meditation.  Just easing my mind and letting it float.  thoughts come in, i accept them as what they are and allow them to pass right through.  Slowly my point of perception drifts from my body ( most often found behind my eyes).  My consciousness lifts back and above my body.  Soon i find myself drifting through visual energy-scapes. 

Doing this after partaking in a sacred ethneogen can be very rewarding.  For 12 hours straight?  I prefer to go with the flow and do what i feel as it comes.  Sometimes that means the dark, sometimes that means sitting under a tree, sometimes that means taking a shit.

Although, to force ones self through a total 12 hour stillness can probably lead to some major breakthroughs.  Most people dont have what it takes to do such a thing and not get anxious and uneasy.  To defeat that internal uneasiness to do nothing but just be (just there in the darkness, by ones self) could potentially leave a person totally in the moment; with no stress of the future no regrets about the past, just here now.

--------------------
there are rainbows
and earthworms
and microscopic hummingbirds

www.elestialsound.com

Offlinein the sleeve
Red Spectral Skywalker
Male

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: uber_aj]
    #9660296 - 01/22/09 05:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

uber_aj said:
i've done the McKenna before

wow i really hoped nobody would say that -_-

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Alicedee25]
    #9666866 - 01/23/09 06:13 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Alicedee25 said:
i did once, years ago. a little over 5 dried cubes.  I blacked out for the majority of the trip, stuck in a sleeplike state. I dont remember the 3 hours after the comeup. When i came back i thought about all of the things in my life.. Didn't get much from the trip other than 5 grams is too much for a 17 year old and it made me sign up for the SATS. Would like to try that dose again now, but my stomach has no tolerance for mush anymore.

Damn, in that case, never touch ayahuasca, you will puke it out within 5 mins.

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #9671300 - 01/24/09 02:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

while my staying in the netherlands, i managed to consume high dose mushrooms which contain psilocybin and psilocin.

i ate 60 grams of fresh psilocybe cyanescens. http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info9.shtml

i was in my small room in total darkness and silence.
i consumed them blended with banana and a little bit of water addition after 10 hours fasting.
i gulped the final product in less then 3 minutes.
edit:back then i was 24 years old male and weighting around 60 kilograms or something and 1.77 cm

after about 30 minutes i started to feel restless. and after 40 minutes mark nearly depressed since i was thinking i should have at least wait 2 months between my psychedelic experiences.and feeling the presence of something i can't define but it was quite sure to me that he/she/it/i/whatever it can be was angry to me. i believe at about 1 hour i was lying on the floor. and hearing a kind of a noise,or tone maybe that i have never heard. since i was quite sure that something physical.and again i was sensing intelligence behind the tone.
after lying on the floor for 15 minutes or something again i was on my bed thinking it will be quite uneasy for me.

after that point i was on my bed crumbling to my bones and paralyzed, introduced many visions. its quite hard to call them even visions. it was like i was in a speed tunnel bombarded by images yet i couldn't take any memories back from that 3 hours in my bed.
i was running to toilet to pee time to time. that was all.
besides that only my hands holding the bed, feeling the speed.
after 3 hours i started to say 'OK. you are the boss. i understand your power. and its too much i can see. now i want to let go'
after those words amazingly all the cramps disappeared. and i was having true hallucinations in joy for an hour. and slowly it turned into a regular medium dose mushroom trip, which can be finally understandable and comfortable to me at that time.

i believe it puts a lot of pressure on heart
your heart goes bumbubmbumbubmubmbumbubmbmubmubum.

so yeah each experience and each person is unique. so you never know what is waiting there for you
:smile:

piuff that was a long writing

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Edited by butterflydawn (01/24/09 02:21 PM)

Offlinefugazi32
Hardcore Raver & Junglist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Milton Keynes, England
    #13120079 - 08/29/10 05:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
I really only prefer to trip in silent darkness anymore.

Same - I have worked my way up to doing a half oz in silent darkness now. Once a month.
Trick is to pay attention and not black out - there are extradimensional entities there fo' sure... :crazy2:

Quote:

Ledd said:
He once referred to the imagination as a scout of the future.

Hey, sounds interesting...do you have a quote/link?

--------------------
“Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence." - Robert Anton Wilson

It is so obvious: Psilocybin Mushrooms are living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy! :mushroom2:

Edited by fugazi32 (08/29/10 05:28 PM)

OfflineKon-nect-id
All Together

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: fugazi32]
    #13120199 - 08/29/10 05:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fugazi32 said:
Quote:

Nunbuh_Chrubble said:
I really only prefer to trip in silent darkness anymore.

Same - I have worked my way up to doing a half oz in silent darkness now. Once a month.
Trick is to pay attention and not black out - there are extradimensional entities there fo' sure... :crazy2:

Quote:

Ledd said:
He once referred to the imagination as a scout of the future.

Hey, sounds interesting...do you have a quote/link?

A half oz in silent darkness would be hair-raising for me!!!
Most I have done is a quarter...that was insane...I was convinced a higher power in our reality was attempting to drive us crazy. Lol, smoking a cigarette calmed me down though.

OfflineCapt. Tripps
Shroomer
Loc: Cosmos
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Kon-nect-id]
    #13120538 - 08/29/10 06:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

largest ive ever done was 5.7 in silent darkness. i had visions and CEVs of human beings eating mushrooms and evolving into alien-like beings and shooting off into the distant galaxies in space ships. all this was in a rapid time-lapse like segment but it was very interesting nonetheless.

i was also inside my own head playing and toying with the acoustics of sound and echoes while listening to a disembodied but very human voice giving a very inspiritational speech. one quote i remember was "the key to life's true potential, is inside each of us"...maybe it was the mushroom?!?

InvisibleAustrip
P. Sub
Male

Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: Capt. Tripps]
    #13120612 - 08/29/10 07:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I ate 4 or so grams of dried P. subaeruginosa the other night.

For parts of the trip (a few hours here and there) I was in total darkness and without any electrical disturbances (TV, music, movies, ect)
I didn't see any aleins but I definitely saw some tripped out s***, way clearer and more defined then most other trips i've had.

--------------------

Offlinekillersneakers
King
Male
Re: Has anyone done the Terence Mckenna experience? [Re: butterflydawn]
    #13120958 - 08/29/10 08:23 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yes, too mush dose will make your heart bump......

--------------------
handbag
Hermes handbag

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate