Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinebI0HaZ
Stranger
 User Gallery

Mushrooms in Japan?? Chiba/Tokyo
    #8597098 - 07/05/08 11:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys I`ll be in Japan soon and I want to know if there are any mushrooms in the Chiba/Tokyo area.  If you have heard of any, and even better if you know their names and when they will be in season.  I have seen the other posts but they were a bit old and wernt detailed enough for me >.<  Are there winter and summer mushrooms here??
Even if there is any info on places near that area.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

bI0HaZ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: Mushrooms in Japan?? Chiba/Tokyo [Re: bI0HaZ]
    #8597119 - 07/05/08 11:37 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Your breaking the rules but japan is a special case...

subbs might grow in lawns there, gyms might grow in the woods there :\

i dunno man i dont htnk we get many japanese here you might have to grow them

OfflinebI0HaZ
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8597151 - 07/05/08 11:47 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Was thinking of taking Sub spores from New Zealand or getting some mailed over, but I really wanted to try some proper Japanese mushrooms T-T
And sorry what rules was I breaking?? (no sarcasm intended)

Invisiblelqdtrance
Hunter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
    #8597161 - 07/05/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Check in the FAQ. "What mushrooms grow in my area" not really sure but there may be a spot in there for Japan.

--------------------
Pandha Piranha.

OfflinebI0HaZ
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8597187 - 07/05/08 11:58 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Because I`m just here for a little period now and going to permanently live here some time.
It`s real hot and humid atm and I have seen mushrooms growing outside when I just went for a little look.  But wasnt sure if psychedelic ones grow in this area.

bI0HaZ

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8597194 - 07/05/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

read the rules and you will find out which one you are breaking

heres a hint

"which mushrooms grow in my area"

i dont know if subs will grow well there

keep in mind subbs and subs are two different kinds of mushrooms

subbs grow on sodded lawns subs grow in mulch/wood chip patches

psilocybe cubensis is the most commonly home grown mushroom you should look into it

also what mushrooms grow in my area in the faq says nothing about japan so i dunno

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8597199 - 07/05/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

take pictures and post an ID request

OfflinebI0HaZ
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8597249 - 07/05/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I was not aware that we wern`t aloud to ask if psychedelic mushrooms grow in a the area I asked for??
Or is it because it is already listed in the FAQ?  I have seen the list of mushrooms that grow in Japan but I thought maybe the different types grow in different areas, and if people can confirm sightings in the specified area I would have found that helpful.
Or am I still confused about the rules??
It would be nice if I can get an answer to what I am doing wrong, not a hint.
I dont want to be breaking there rules of this forum and i would like to be informed if I had missed something.

Anyway
I guess I`ll just have to go hunting and nicely ask people for a few ID requests when I move here.
And I do understand that Subbs and Subs are different.  I was thinking of taking my favorite type of mushroom spore to Japan.  This mushroom means a lot to me for all the good times it gave me and it would be nice if I can take the spores and grow it here.
At the moment I am attempting to grow the Subs in NZ and hope to go well.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8597752 - 07/05/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I was not aware that we wern`t aloud to ask if psychedelic mushrooms grow in a the area I asked for??

The rules are set up in such a way that any new person asking for useful information will break them several times.  So try not to take them too seriously. 

First all new people want to know what mushrooms grow near them, and that is against the rules.  Then they want us to ID pics of random mushrooms without writing a description, and that is aganst the rules.  Then when it rains they will be happy about it and if they post about it that is againt the rules. Then they want friends to hunt with and that is against the rules.  Then they want to know what other people in their area have been finding and that is against the rules.

Its kind of like how the cops make nearly everything illegal and make bank when people do the kind of stuff that people normally do.  When I discover a good way to fine people over the internet you can expect a lot of additional enforcement.  : )

Quote:

Or is it because it is already listed in the FAQ?  I have seen the list of mushrooms that grow in Japan but I thought maybe the different types grow in different areas, and if people can confirm sightings in the specified area I would have found that helpful.

Yea that is the reason.  Though there are many different microclimates in Japan.  If you could find out which psychedelic mushrooms grow in each prefecture I would be happy to make the list more granular, similar to how each US state is listed separately.

Japan has four really cool and interesting Psilocybe species, check wood chips and dung and try to bring us some photos of them, which are really lacking right now!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale