Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: DF DUBS
Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: jeetered]
    #8585838 - 07/01/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

this is bs miss information.

i want hard evidence from each person to back their claims up.

90% of my grows consist of mushrooms that weigh close to a quarter oz dry each. these are way potent, no matter which end you eat, after cutting one in half by weight, you'll wish you only cut off 2g's instead  an 8th.

potency is genetic unless you're dealing with an isolated clone, and then potency should be consistent, when dealing with multispore genetics, one shroom teh same size as another, can be the difference in night and day when it comes to potency.

anyhow....

start pasting? do i need to back what i say up?

So you are saying 2 mushrooms weighing 4 grams will have the same amount of active chemicals of 6 mushrooms weighing 4 grams. If that is the case, you're an idiot. Period.....

--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: HoleSnype]
    #8585915 - 07/01/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Also, in case you have not noticed.... 90% of this hobby is theory, which would be nearly impossible to prove under any circumstances. Most of it is based on experienced.

Sorry, but 5 grams of small mushrooms is much more potent than 5 grams of this...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8499003#8499003

--------------------

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #8586116 - 07/01/08 10:39 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HoleSnype said:
Also, in case you have not noticed.... 90% of this hobby is theory, which would be nearly impossible to prove under any circumstances. Most of it is based on experienced.

Sorry, but 5 grams of small mushrooms is much more potent than 5 grams of this...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8499003#8499003

neither share genetics, and you can't say that w/o running gc/ms to determine the exact amounts in five grams of one or the other.

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
    #8586656 - 07/02/08 02:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

jeetered said:

90% of my grows consist of mushrooms that weigh close to a quarter oz dry each. these are way potent, no matter which end you eat, after cutting one in half by weight, you'll wish you only cut off 2g's instead  an 8th.

potency is genetic unless you're dealing with an isolated clone, and then potency should be consistent, when dealing with multispore genetics, one shroom teh same size as another, can be the difference in night and day when it comes to potency.

anyhow....

it's well known that pins are more potent than fully grown mushrooms. As to whether a medium-sized mushroom  is more potent than a large mushroom if both are picked when the veil breaks, that's debatable. I would guess not. It is also generally agreed that little more psilocybin is produced after the veil breaks. So you might as well pick them then because allowing them to grown bigger will effectively reduce potency. (More weight for the same amount of actives = less potent.)

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: roquet]
    #8587324 - 07/02/08 10:48 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

roquet said:
Quote:

jeetered said:

anyhow....

it's well known that pins are more potent than fully grown mushrooms. As to whether a medium-sized mushroom  is more potent than a large mushroom if both are picked when the veil breaks, that's debatable. I would guess not. It is also generally agreed that little more psilocybin is produced after the veil breaks. So you might as well pick them then because allowing them to grown bigger will effectively reduce potency. (More weight for the same amount of actives = less potent.)

:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
    #8591967 - 07/03/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HoleSnype said:
Quote:

roquet said:
Quote:

jeetered said:

anyhow....

:thumbup:

your "well knowns" are just tales told by growers, not one bit of hard data to back it up.

Potency is genetic, a 17 gram shroom is going to have the amount of psilly's it's supposed to have, no more no less, whether bigger or smaller, it doesn't matter.

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#8591979 - 07/03/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Well, there is not much about this hobby that can be backed up with hard facts. The point is, if you eat a 17 grams shroom, and someone else eats several shrooms that add up to 17grams, they are going to have a better time than you. I don't see why that is so hard to understand.

--------------------

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

#8591986 - 07/03/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Did you read the post where P.Menace's friend grew a 200+ gram shroom. He ate the whole thing. I'm sure he had a good time, but if someone at 200+ grams of small shrooms, they would trip so fucking hard it would probably suck and they would be freaking out the whole time.

I'm done arguing the point. It's not rocket science.

--------------------

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #8592389 - 07/03/08 05:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HoleSnype said:
Did you read the post where P.Menace's friend grew a 200+ gram shroom. He ate the whole thing. I'm sure he had a good time, but if someone at 200+ grams of small shrooms, they would trip so fucking hard it would probably suck and they would be freaking out the whole time.

Um, I have a question about rocket science. Who should I ask?

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: Mad River]
    #8592408 - 07/03/08 05:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Dr. Phil

--------------------

Offlinejohnny.fairplay
StrangerThanFishin
 User Gallery

#8592443 - 07/03/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

potency is something ive really been wondering about lately.  I had a single brf cake i broke up and then cased with 50/50 peat verm.  Unlike what i kept as cakes it produced a huge pinset of smaller hollow stemmed shrooms.  Now if I used the trip calculator on here to figure out how much i should eat I would severly overdose.  The other day i went to the beach and ate just a few definetely less than .7 grams dry and tripped out.

So if potency is determined by genetics then no matter the size of the shroom, as long as its fully grown will be similar to the shrooms with the same genetic makeup.  Knowing this wouldnt it be better to have 50 smaller shrooms rather than 10 big ones?

--------------------
My trade thread

Offlinejohnny.fairplay
StrangerThanFishin
 User Gallery

#8592454 - 07/03/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

HoleSnype said:

Just was kinda thinking.  We've been building rockets for a long ass time.  Rocket Science doesnt seem to be too complicated.  Try growing truffles.  Mycology is harder than rocket science i thinks.

--------------------
My trade thread

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #8592473 - 07/03/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, you would trip much harder on 50 smaller shrooms than you would on 10 big ones given that they had the same genetic makeup as far as potency as concerned.

I would no suggest eating 50 small mushrooms. I always tell people to use caution with the Shroomery dosage calculator with small shrooms.

Several years ago I had a bunch of small shrooms from a few cakes. I went by the dosage calculator and ate around 3.5 grams. It was a heaping handful of small shrooms, and I have big hands. My wife was like "Why the hell are you going to eat that many shrooms?" and I told her I used the calculator.

Anyway, I had the most extreme trip I have ever had. 10X worse than taking 5 hits of good acid. I could not see anything because the visuals and colors were so strong. I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face. It scared the fuck out of me. I didn't have a low tolerance either. That still scares me when I think about it.

--------------------

OfflineBubba McMushies
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #8592474 - 07/03/08 05:33 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

johnny.fairplay said:
potency is something ive really been wondering about lately.  I had a single brf cake i broke up and then cased with 50/50 peat verm.  Unlike what i kept as cakes it produced a huge pinset of smaller hollow stemmed shrooms.  Now if I used the trip calculator on here to figure out how much i should eat I would severly overdose.  The other day i went to the beach and ate just a few definetely less than .7 grams dry and tripped out.

So if potency is determined by genetics then no matter the size of the shroom, as long as its fully grown will be similar to the shrooms with the same genetic makeup.  Knowing this wouldnt it be better to have 50 smaller shrooms rather than 10 big ones?

Ok I hope I am not too high to type this...

Each mushroom can have a drastic difference in potency from one to the other. So if you have 2 large shrooms, one with high amounts of actives and the other with not so much, they will avererage out to somewhere in the middle.

Now with that in mind, if you take dozens of smaller mushies, your chances of having a few more potent ones compared to not-so-potent ones is more likely.

IME smaller mushrooms DO give a stronger trip than larger ones, but I base the reasons on my above theory.

--------------------
SPAWN CALCULATOR!

Offlinejohnny.fairplay
StrangerThanFishin
 User Gallery

Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: Bubba McMushies]
    #8592534 - 07/03/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Alirght, dont worry I wasnt planning on eating all the small ones.  I was just planning on selling some to make enough to buy a pressure cooker.  I weighed out an 1/8 of dried small ones and said to myself.  "Holy shit, i wouldnt want to eat all these"  As the only other shrooms ive had other than what ive grown i ate an entire 1/8 in a night and it was nowhere near as extreme i would imagine an eigth of these littleums.

--------------------
My trade thread

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: Bubba McMushies]
    #8592615 - 07/03/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ok I hope I am not too high to type this...

Each mushroom can have a drastic difference in potency from one to the other. So if you have 2 large shrooms, one with high amounts of actives and the other with not so much, they will avererage out to somewhere in the middle.

Now with that in mind, if you take dozens of smaller mushies, your chances of having a few more potent ones compared to not-so-potent ones is more likely.

IME smaller mushrooms DO give a stronger trip than larger ones, but I base the reasons on my above theory.

If you are too high, and decide you don't want your weed, send it my way. LOL, I could use some.

--------------------

Invisibleroquet
Expat tippler
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dubai بجدية عربي...
    #8593386 - 07/03/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

my first grow was all small mushrooms and aborts. I took 3g and that was a very strong trip. Stronger than 5g of normal sized mushrooms. Not scientific proof, sorry.

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Re: Are my shrooms sick? [Re: roquet]
    #8593392 - 07/03/08 11:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

roquet said:
my first grow was all small mushrooms and aborts. I took 3g and that was a very strong trip. Stronger than 5g of normal sized mushrooms. Not scientific proof, sorry.

Same here, LOL. You probably read my post. Anyway, they should make a note on the calulator, because that was a wild ride. I don't ever want to trip that hard again. I wouldn't do it for 500 bucks.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate