Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

southeastern michigan
    #859163 - 09/02/02 02:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

my suspicions are that there aren't many magic mushroom species growing around here. besides perhaps a plethora of indistinguishable LBM's. but this year i think i may actually try and find something.. can anyone help me out with what species i might find in southeastern michigan so i could research them?

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: zandorf]
    #859174 - 09/02/02 02:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: southeastern michigan [Re: Macey Howard]
    #859180 - 09/02/02 02:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

you might find a cubie here and there in a cowfield

lay off the crack moe i dont think any cubies in michagan try searching the new lawns for pan subbs

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinezandorf

Re: southeastern michigan [Re: Macey Howard]
    #859184 - 09/02/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

heh... no dude.. southeastern michigan is one giant suburban sprawl...lord knows how long a drive i'd have to take to get to a cow field =) it's seems crazy but the most sparesly populated area near to me is detroit, everything surrounding detroit is crowded...it's like a giant explosion of people trying to escape or something =)

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Offlinezandorf

Re: southeastern michigan [Re: Dobie]
    #859185 - 09/02/02 02:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

pan subbs...i'd look under trees and whatnot for those right? or maybe they could grow on some landcaping. you know where they ahve giant piles of wood mulch with pin trees on top or something?

--------------------

OfflineDobie
Dopeless Hopefiend
Male User Gallery
Loc: ON DA BLOCK
Re: southeastern michigan [Re: zandorf]
    #859188 - 09/02/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

check out this thread http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum3&Number=838184&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1 shows some great pictures what ya want is the new lawns where the rich fuckers live that take care of their lawn really good

--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Offlinezandorf

Re: southeastern michigan [Re: Dobie]
    #859200 - 09/02/02 02:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

that thread got some gears turning...my PARENTS are rich fuckers who take good care of their lawn and laid down sod like a week or two ago...hmm. and i BET if i drove around a newer subdivision or one of the new trailor parks nearby i'd see new fresh soddings...or at least sod that was laid down in the spring. coul this be a prime location to start my search?

--------------------

Offlinezandorf

#859210 - 09/02/02 02:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

bump

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
    #859225 - 09/02/02 03:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

there are four specied of Gymnopilus known from your state, but you'd have to do some dribing to find them too (i've only found luteofolius in hilsfale county. pan subbs are probably your best bet. i've been around detroit a time or two and it's yuppie hell (pan subb heavan). lawns freshly layd in the spring are choice. i don't know how your weather has been but if you've had no rain then only look on lawns with automatic sprinklers.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Edited by concretefeet (09/02/02 03:14 PM)

Offlinezandorf

Re: southeastern michigan [Re: canid]
    #859235 - 09/02/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like my lawn
but i bet my dad will mow the poor subbs if there are any =( what are those gypsie things you said about? =) sorry i'm just a product of the poorest public school in my area and whatnot, so my forays into talking mycology are...modest at best.

--------------------

Offlinezandorf

#859251 - 09/02/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hmm maybe i should jsut drive around those place right after the next time it rains. i dunno does anyone have a thread link that can show me how to id those species?

--------------------

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #860044 - 09/02/02 08:44 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

for the subbs try here
as for the gymnopilus species, i'll have to get back t you with a good link or two. they are a genus of woodloving mushrooms. several species of wich are psilocybian. of the active members of this genus ther are, to my knowlege, four that have been found in michigan. these are G. luteofolius, G. aerugenosus, G. luteus and the other i'll have to check on. let me know if you're interested and i'll throw you some kinks, or you can do a search.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
    #860053 - 09/02/02 08:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

by the way, please excuse my typing, i start college tomorrow, so licke a dumass(mourning his own freedom) i've ben drinking.

--------------------

OfflineOrchidman
enthusiast
Loc: Toronto
    #860469 - 09/03/02 12:00 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Read the threads for Pan subs and Pan casters in the Hunting forums. InVitroThomas finds a lot in Ottawa. They grow pretty well everywhere. The ones that grow in the East seem to be stronger than the Western ones. I am growing jars of Pan subs to transplant to an outdoor dung/hay bed in my garden and into the lawn. I've been putting manurer onto the lawn to get it ready. I don't want to walk too far too far to hunt for my mushrooms you see. If I get them to survive, I will transplant some into the park lawn a few doors from the house. The lawn is pretty lush there and they do water the lawn.

It will soon be time to hunt in the forest. The fall rains will bring us lots of mushrooms. I'm going to the mushroom fair at the Toronto Mycological Society in a couple of weeks. They have a weekend foray into Muskoka and bring back 250 varieties of mushrooms. Then they lay them all out with names and charge a small admission to look at them. I'll take my video camera and make a documentary. I can hook it onto my computer and post pictures. If I see anything interresting I can join their club and go on their forays through the fall and spring. They will teach me how to hunt and where. There might be a Detroit Mycological Society. I am going to tell them I want to find edibles at the beginning. If I hear them talking about Psycotropic mushrooms, I will come out to them. If I find things around here you should have them there as we are only a couple of hundred miles apart across the lake.

I know what you mean about living in the big city and cows. However you might find some mushrooms at the zoo or a riding stable but they would probably be Pan subs. You might also find some Liberty Caps but that's iiffy.

Watch for a posting about the mushroom fair. If They show anything interresting, I will post their results.

--------------------
I've been having psilly dreams lately

Offlinezandorf

#861211 - 09/03/02 08:04 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

that link was helpful, except for all those big words =\ heh. i dunno i need like finding subbs for the complete moron book or something i guess. also i'm interested in any possible species i could find around here that'd be active.

--------------------

Edited by zandorf (09/03/02 08:05 AM)

Offlinezandorf

#861338 - 09/03/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

it has occured to me that because of time constraints for this season i cant really learn all i need to about mycological terminology in order to understand the descriptions of the species i'm looking for. i know the veterans don't really like people asking to be spoon fed but, well.. i only have a month so could some one please explain to me in layman's terms what i need to look for to id some subbs in michigan here? of course after my find i'd follow up with a post containing pictures of any specimens i'd found for confirmation.

--------------------

Anonymous

#861381 - 09/03/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinezandorf

Re: southeastern michigan [Re: ]
    #861384 - 09/03/02 10:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ok that sounds like a plan..i only have a polaroid camera+scanner though so...not gonna be very sophisticated pictures. and yes i've read your post on how to photgraph your findings, that's exactly how i meant it =)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates