Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: Xlea321]
    #858288 - 09/02/02 04:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Unless we start creating our own language... Now there's an idea! Certainly, English is far from adequate in describing pyschedelic and paranormal experiences...

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejayson
earthling
Male
Loc: Vic Australia
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: psilo25]
    #859089 - 09/02/02 01:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

OR we could simply ASK people for their experiences... I don't know what's more encouraging than that. Of course, it's all in private (no public posts, as we've all agreed), so again I fail to see how it would be discouraging. Furthermore, all of us "skeptics" have yet to knock any of the experiences (just read this post) since we've started talking about this experiment.

You misunderstood. "Valid." In other wards worth telling.
An experience that one person considers to be mundane, and very ordinary. May in fact be the best story told.

The harder an experience is to describe, actually the more the resultant descriptions WILL be colored by previous reports.

I agree with alex123, an experience thats unworldy basicly defies description.
Simply expressing the experience with words, will color the incident. What about TV, books, friends, and most importantly the imagination.

Edited by jayson (09/03/02 12:48 PM)

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: Xlea321]
    #859104 - 09/02/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Unless we start creating our own language... 

I'm already working on one...it should be ready some time near the end of 2012  :wink:

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #862590 - 09/03/02 10:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Note that descriptions of popular alien contact has varied from decade to decade, going from tall Nordic blonde humanoids to small slender Greys, to Mantids, to Octopi. Now are the aliens taking turns visiting or is this contamination through popular literature?

It's a change in aliens fashion. These new teen aliens are trying to be hip ;]

Actually I would like an experiance of the sort. I do believe, but it is a difficult subject. People who don't believe shouldn't be forced, but I think people like me who are open to suggestion, and relize there is more to what we are than what we see should get a chance. Coming close to the edge, I need a little push, then freedom is mine.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: tak_old]
    #862713 - 09/04/02 01:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Note that descriptions of popular alien contact has varied from decade to decade, going from tall Nordic blonde humanoids to small slender Greys, to Mantids, to Octopi. Now are the aliens taking turns visiting or is this contamination through popular literature?

I can definately see how this could have a minor effect on people's perceptions of just what they experienced when in the prescence of what they believe to be aliens.... but, the first types of beings I came into contact with were reptilian, and before this I had NEVER heard of such a thing, except maybe dinosaurs... Of course I've heard and seen of the "Greys" before, so I agree that could have influenced my mind to trick itself into believing I see them sometimes, but I'm not so sure... especially after it keeps happening, and thoughts seem to be originating from a seperate entity, not myself.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: Adamist]
    #862904 - 09/04/02 04:50 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I agree Adamist.

Jung mentioned this in his book on flying saucers:

"A psychic content can only appear as a projection when its connection with the ego personality is not recognized. For this reason, the wish hypothesis must be discarded."

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinellib
journeyman
Loc: florida
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: Shroomism]
    #869995 - 09/08/02 09:47 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Have you done DMT?

Offlinellib
journeyman
Loc: florida
    #870026 - 09/08/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I am not sure what you mean by contact. If you mean having , in the traditional use of our senses, visions, auditory exepriences, then I would have to say no I have not had that type of contact.

But I HAVE made contact. My sister died when she was 28. I was 31 at the time. There is no doubt that she made contact with me, but it was more of an awareness, a feeling. I woke up at night about 4 am , i was paralyzed, laying on my back. I thought, this is a dream. I couldnt move my head right or left, but i could blink my eyelashes. Then I said, well maybe my eyelash blinking is some part of REM sleep.

I existed this way, and I am convinced that I was not dreaming. Then it happened.
I had been quite troubled because i was in route to see here flying from LA to CT, connecting through chicago. She was failing from AIDS. My mother called me on a thursday afternoon and said, i should come. So I got the next flight to the east coast which was the enxt morning. I connected through chicago and called to see how things were. During my flight from LA to chicago, she had passed.

Needless to say I was devastated and couldnt function very well at work.

So this happened about 6 weeks after, this experience. When I was a small boy i ddint like girls to kiss me. My sister would always try to kiss me and tease me. So whil elaying in bed paralyzed looking up, a very very strong energy enveloped my entire body and my body felt like it was tingling. Then that feeling of when I was a little boy, submerged me into a warmth and bliss like I have never experienced before.

When I awoke later in the morning, I was fine and functional again.

Up to thi stime i was the rigid "scientist" using scientific methodlogy an dtaking teh approach, prove-it to call something the truth.

No longer, my life had cahnged and while being a surgeon, to this day, I KNOW the essence of being.

knowing this and having to exist in this reality, at times is difficult. But it is teh understanding that i use to try to help others.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: Sclorch]
    #871073 - 09/09/02 01:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

For this report we will be using 10 seperate experiences.

4 during a trip.. one lsd, two mushrooms, one dmt. 3 are sober experiences. 3 occur in dreams.

When describing the physical appearance, 4 of the reports were the common grey, 2 reptile, 3 'formless' energy, in the form of light and awareness or a very dark presence a subtle 'perceived' energy, 1 was a being similar to human.

In describing whether friend or foe, 2 of the reports are a perceived malevolent force. 7 are benevolent. 1 is unsure or neutral.

Of the cases studied, 8 receive a distinct and seemingly profound message. 2 are scared and confused.

I don't know how putting this into numbers is going to do anything..and it's giving me a headache, so I'm going to smoke a bowl.

--------------------

OfflineCleverName
the cloudsshould know meby now...

Loc: red earth painted with mi...
    #871133 - 09/09/02 02:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

hey, good call, im going to smoke a bowl too

--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

OfflineThe_Greater_God
Some dude
Loc: Southwest region
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: CleverName]
    #871158 - 09/09/02 02:54 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Check your pm's

--------------------
Reality continues to stand in the way of what I truly want to do

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #878962 - 09/11/02 06:59 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I really have no clue where this is going. I just want to analyze the experiences.
I guess since that will just "color the results" whatever that means.. I'll just let it sit for now.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #883893 - 09/15/02 05:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I want to analyze the experiences, too...

Okay Swami, since your the one who objected to posting the experiences, what direction should this experiment go in at this point?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #884042 - 09/15/02 06:58 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I guess since that will just "color the results" whatever that means...

Pretending ignorance doesn't become you.

How is this abduction report:

Mr. Belans, a Belgian who suffered missing time and amnesia following an encounter with a flying craft. The incident occurred at dusk, as he was walking in an isolated area of Brabant where suspicious traces - notably crushed vegetation- had been noticed by farmers in their wheat fields. At the site he saw a man in dressed in black waiting for something under a tree. Intrigued, Belans stopped and watched. Soon a strange feeling of tiredness overcame himm, as if another entity had taken control of his actions. He heard a buzzing sound, soon followed be a very bright light, as an elongated craft landed near him. A door opened over a faintly luminous rectangle and the man in black climbed into the object. A force impelled Belans to follow. He found himself in a room that was evenly lit but without any observable source of light. A faint vibration was felt and the craft took off. A tall man entered and communicated with Belans telepathically. He revealed that he came from a distant star.
"Why don't you establish open contact?" asked Belans.
"Because we do not wish to force rapid evolution," the ufonaut replied.
Belans was eventually returned to earth, with a significant period of missing time.

I think we have all the major elements here, except that this was from a science fiction story written in the 1930's by Ege Tilms.

I can already hear the tired prepackaged responses:

1. It was true story dressed up as fiction.

2. It was a repressed memory that was expressed as fiction.

But maybe, just maybe, it was actually fiction AS THE AUTHOR CLAIMED!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Contact Experiment [Re: Swami]
    #884054 - 09/15/02 07:02 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dude, you need to watch the Matrix.  It's real! :shocked:

:wink:

The friend,

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #884111 - 09/15/02 07:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What about the other thousands and millions of stories that are claimed as non-fiction?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #884122 - 09/15/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

My responses are by no means pre-packaged. Don't go jumping to conclusions.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Contact Experiment [Re: Adamist]
    #884142 - 09/15/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I have pretty much lost interest as very few here seem to really care about discovering any underlying truth. Yes shroomism has collected the reports, but if you remember, it was I who was the catalyst for this whole idea. I make one reasonable stipulation and it is instantly trampled on. No, my ego is not hurt, it is just that an experiment or research into to this area MUST have controls. Without guidelines, all you have is chaos and noise and any underlying signal is lost.

Now swapping stories is fun, but where has it got anyone? We know hardly more today than 30 years ago.

Okay Swami, since your the one who objected to posting the experiences, what direction should this experiment go in at this point?

As the data is already tainted (not because of this thread, but because of media exposure) perhaps it is time to get to the meat and potatoes. I would suggest a kind of "Good Friday" experiment. A group of volunteers are needed who are over 21, have never had an alien encounter in any reality, have reasonable psychedelic experience, but have never tripped heavily on mushrooms. An equal number of sitters would be a good idea so that everyone felt safe. If so desired, an attempt to "invoke" an alien presence would be acceptable as long as no specific information or details of what to expect are revealed. I would suggest a dosage of 5 to 8 grams dependent on body weight and disposition.

Ideally the trippers should not know one another and communication should be absolutely minimal before and during the test. Tape recordings should be made during the trip and their experience should be written down as soon as they are coherent and collected enough to write.

An essay and a questionaire would both be needed. Then the reports could be compared for shared visions, alien contact and telepathy at the same time.

However, the feasability of coordinating such an event and the legal ramifications for an organizer make this most unlikely.

An internet group trip is much more likely, but the lack of controls would make it almost worthless.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #884167 - 09/15/02 07:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well Swami, I speak for myself only when I say I have been to many gatherings... where any number of random people that don't know each other attend. Most of time there would be mushrooms involved, and a fire. I cannot count the number of times that an 'otherworldly presence' has been mentioned by the random people in attendance. Oftentimes these people feel like they are being taught something by this presence, or that the gathering of people creates a playful energy that is inviting to them and they come to help bond the group. (hey at least I'm not the only psychotic delusional imagining aliens right?)

Tell you what... next time I go on one of these adventures, I will bring a tape recorder. Maybe even a video camera. Maybe I'll go with a few random people from the Shroomery, and there would certainly be a lot of anonymous people in these mountains of west virginia. I could certainly write a detailed report, and I'm sure I could get others to as well. Hell Swami, why don't you come with me?

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (09/15/02 07:42 PM)

Anonymous

#884180 - 09/15/02 07:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Cynic.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom