Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCapBouncer
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Left Side Mitten
Bolete ID or Input
    #8586254 - 07/01/08 11:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Im new to hunting mushrooms, i know what i have found is a bolete but am not able to narrow it down from there, ill describe what i found and see what you guys think about it.

Habitat: Growing from pine needle covered ground, usually in areas surrounded by Jack pines, not sure if thats the official name for these pine trees.

Gills: The pores were like a pinkish color.

Stem: Whitish, quite thick and on average about 3-4 inches long.

Cap: A light to medium brown darkening towards the center, mostly a solid light colored brown though.
Flesh inside was white.

Spore print color: not sure i left them, i was just enjoying nature and saw them and ruled them to be some kind of bolete.

Bruising: None

If i was in my right mind at the time i would have checked for a volva, bitter taste, and web pattern on the stem. Im sorry for this low grade ID request haha, but i figured it might give some of you who enjoy boletes something to help me out with, i think it may possibly be a nice edible, so when i come across it again i will taste test it and take some pictures of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bolete ID or Input [Re: CapBouncer]
    #8586265 - 07/01/08 11:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Pics would help sooooo much.:thumbup:

OfflineCapBouncer
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Bolete ID or Input [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8586280 - 07/01/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yea i knew they would too thats why im not excpecting a 100% positive ID at all just seeing if it stands out to anyone or if a few kinds would stand out as this mushroom.  this was all by memory, next time ill take some pics and post some better details

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8586540 - 07/02/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Gills: The pores were like a pinkish color.

Probably a Tylopilus species!

http://www.mushroomexpert.com/tylopilus.html

OfflineCapBouncer
Friend
Male User Gallery

Re: Bolete ID or Input [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8587002 - 07/02/08 08:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

oo that very much could be i dont remember seeing any signs of a veil at all and im pretty surei  remember seeing white pores in the small ones, any chances it could be a bolete or are you pretty sure its a tylopilus

OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
    #8587081 - 07/02/08 09:08 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I just found a tylopilus this past weekend. My thread is here.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8575771/an/0/page/0

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8587521 - 07/02/08 11:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

oo that very much could be i dont remember seeing any signs of a veil at all and im pretty surei  remember seeing white pores in the small ones, any chances it could be a bolete or are you pretty sure its a tylopilus

It could be a young Bolete where the spores have not started to turn color.  The pores on Boletes start out white or cream color and turn olive when the spores mature.

Make a spore print, Tylopilus will have a pink print.  When finding Boletes always check for blue bruising and a bitter taste.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order