Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJiffy_No0b
Stranger

More Extraction Woes
    #8585507 - 07/01/08 08:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

# Add a base to the aqueous solution in small increments until the pH gets to about 9 or 10. This converts the alkaloids into their free base.
# Extract with 10% of the mass of the solution of an organic solvent four times, at one 24-hour and then three weekly intervals. The solvent layer will take on a darker tint, usually yellowish or reddish-brown. It will take almost a month to extract all of the alkaloids, and the solution should be shaken at least twice a day between extractions.
# Evaporate the solvent off from the combined extract fractions. You now have the alkaloids.

Could someone word that different for me please? I obviously have some idea of how to do those steps but I would like to be sure.

Thank you all for helping others reach the void safely. =D

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemyc0man
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: The Milky Way
Re: More Extraction Woes [Re: Jiffy_No0b]
    #8585581 - 07/01/08 08:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Add a base (Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) or other) until your pH meter reads 9 or 10 or your indicator turns the proper color.
Use an organic solvent (I'd recommend ethyl alcohol NOT DENATURED (although it technically shouldn't *really* matter) i.e. Everclear because of its low boiling point and acceptable toxicity) with 10% of the mass of the extraction solution.  (If your solution has a mass of 100 grams used 10 grams of Everclear...or whatever else)
Raise the temperature to just above the boiling point of the solvent until it has vaporized and been removed.

Perform the above after 24 hours, and then once a week for 3 weeks.  Shake twice a day.

Edited by myc0man (07/01/08 08:49 PM)

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: More Extraction Woes [Re: myc0man]
    #8585668 - 07/01/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what extraction tek are YOU using?! i know of no valid teks that call for any alcohol...

look up nomans's tek on dmt nexus, prolly the best one, plus after u deplete the dmt with naptha u can get xylene and pull red spice

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #8585675 - 07/01/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Oh man, that tek you are using is so outdated! It doesn't take weeks to extract DMT. It only takes 1 day at the most.

I prefer using a acid base extraction so I recommend this tek. http://dmt-nexus.com/webackup/tek1-marsfolds.htm

A lot of people prefer straight to base which will give you crystals within hours. If you want to go straight to base I will recommend this tek. http://www.dmt-nexus.com/doc/nomans_dmt_extraction_tek.pdf

Seriously bro, thro away whatever outdated tek that is from and use one of those.

http://www.dmt-nexus.com/forum/

--------------------

Offlinemyc0man
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: The Milky Way
Re: More Extraction Woes [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8585678 - 07/01/08 08:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

No tek I was just rewriting what the original poster wrote.  Alcohol is not required it is just a common readily available organic solvent.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
Re: More Extraction Woes [Re: myc0man]
    #8585694 - 07/01/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

myc0man said:
No tek I was just rewriting what the original poster wrote.  Alcohol is not required it is just a common readily available organic solvent.

alcohol would be a horrible thing to use, because what you need is a non polar solvent, to separate the dmt from the water

alcohol would just mix with the water and make an immersion and be absolutely no good... petroleum ether (naptha) is the most common thing to use

i suggest the marsofold and noman dmt teks, marsofold is a full a/b and noman's is a straight to base tek, which can be just as effective, plus with a stb tek you can pull red spice after u finish your naptha pulls

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: More Extraction Woes *DELETED* [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8585928 - 07/01/08 10:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by 12468

Reason for deletion: -

OfflineJiffy_No0b
Stranger

Re: More Extraction Woes [Re: 12468]
    #8586359 - 07/01/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't think all of you realize that this is for phalaris grass.

InvisibleFractalDust
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #8586413 - 07/02/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If you are using phalaris then you will have to do a acid base extraction with multiple de-fats. Slow cook your grass in a acidic solution. 1 part white vinegar 3 parts water will work. Do a couple pulls then strain. Now you need to defat using a non polar solvent like naphtha. Add some naptha, mix well, seperate. Do that a couple times then you are where the quote you're asking about is. Add sodium hydroxide (lye) to the aqueous solution until the ph spikes at 13.5. The solution is now basified so you can pull the alkaloids with a non polar solvent like naphtha. Do 3 or 4 pulls then evaporate the solvent until it turns cloudy, put it in the freezer, precipitate the crystals, then filter through coffee filter.

--------------------

OfflineJiffy_No0b
Stranger

Re: More Extraction Woes [Re: FractalDust]
    #8586450 - 07/02/08 12:19 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Basifing now. I'll report back.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains