Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagicking
booya
Male

Is A. Muscaria worth it?
    #8584565 - 07/01/08 03:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

So, Ive read up on amanita muscaria, and I dont know whether to stay away from it completely or to take it as a blessing in disguise.  After looking it up on Wikipedia, Ive deduced that it IS toxic and can cause discomfort, and that 15 caps is considered a lethal dose, but there are apparently only 2 deaths in North America that have been recorded (treatment is available).  Im almost POSITIVE a few have come up in my yard this past week; Ive looked into other amanitas and decided they cant be anything other than muscaria (unless there is a near perfect look-alike), which is why Im skeptical about them.

Apparently these arent used recreationally, which makes me wonder why they have such a history?  Is this something worth pursuing, or should I just make a mental note to leave amanita muscaria where they are when I come across them in my travels?  Thanks!

P.S. Ill post some pictures of what I believe to be A. muscaria in the ID section when I get home tonight.

--------------------
:heart: Life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: magicking]
    #8584590 - 07/01/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

IMO, everytime you mess with them unless you find them, and prep them yourself you are playing with your life. I've read about too many poisonings from them. The trip is not fun they put you into a coma for a few hours then you trip...On top of that you get violently sick sometimes with projectile vomiting. So is it worth it?? No.

However, some people love the trip. So who am I to say you won't like it. Just know your source, and be careful.

--------------------

Offlinemagicking
booya
Male

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: MHbound]
    #8584654 - 07/01/08 04:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Is vomiting a SURE THING though?  Because that's one of the worst feelings (IMO) you can have...unless I'm beyond drunk.  I'm totally down for the experience, I'm not looking to trip balls or find myself or anything...but, they're there, and I'm here, and there isn't much stopping me from eating them...

Does anybody know a/the good way to prepare these to be eaten?  I've read the recipe on Shroomery and just was wondering if there are other ways it is prepared.

--------------------

Edited by magicking (07/01/08 04:24 PM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8584785 - 07/01/08 04:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

For what it's worth, the only time I've taken Amanita Muscaria I took a full dried ounce from a popular online vendor and had a good time.  Nothing earth-shattering, but plenty weird all the same.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: deCypher]
    #8584847 - 07/01/08 04:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Take some pepto or something, but I give you a 95 percent chance that you will get sick, and likely throw up. It seems more people get upset stomach, and don't throw up but thats more miserable to me than going ahead and throwing up. I've done them a few times actually and the 2nd and 3rd times i made myself throw up. It can be really nauseating. Although I have heard of people not getting sick at all. There are extracts available that would reduce nausea, but I really doubt how pure those extracts are. Once you get past the hour or so of nausea it can be a fun little experience. You won't want to go out. I found it fun to do them in my room, and watch movies and stuff like that.

--------------------

Offlinemagicking
booya
Male

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: MHbound]
    #8584923 - 07/01/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well the squirrels or something got to them, little buggers!  But it rained pretty good today and it's been humid throughout...I've already found a couple more coming up that haven't turned red yet, so I will give them some time.  Within a 15-square-foot area I found three different amanitas!  Not to mention about four other kinds.  I really need to buy/find one of my old books on mycology...

--------------------

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

#8585018 - 07/01/08 05:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Be sure they are the right ones...Some in the Amanita family are deadly...As you probably know. There is a proper way to prepare the Musc. so be sure to read up on that before you do it. I don't know much about it I have always bought them. Something about heats turns the ibotanic(SP??) acid into muscimol or the other way around I don't know. Just be safe.

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

#8585021 - 07/01/08 05:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

magicking said:
Well the squirrels or something got to them, little buggers!  But it rained pretty good today and it's been humid throughout...I've already found a couple more coming up that haven't turned red yet, so I will give them some time.  Within a 15-square-foot area I found three different amanitas!  Not to mention about four other kinds.  I really need to buy/find one of my old books on mycology...

Be careful. Death caps look a lot like amentias sometimes...

And yeah, the squirrels will get to them. Its always pretty funny if you watch them!

OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? *DELETED* [Re: RasJeph]
    #8585038 - 07/01/08 06:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by Psilocelium

Reason for deletion: Wasn't Me

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: Humbled]
    #8585056 - 07/01/08 06:11 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

sigh just do a shroomery search i reply to too many of these in the past

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlineabore
Title
Loc: Flag
Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: thedudenj]
    #8585171 - 07/01/08 06:51 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It felt more like I was poisoned than tripping.  I vomitted everywhere, multiple times.  I also got completely trapped in my brain, like where I became a though and it was really scary.  I kept thinking I was dead.  For most of the trip I couldn't do much more than lay.  However, I remember walking around AS my friend offering people hits off his pipe.  It was interesting as hell, but I have no desire to ever look at those mushrooms again.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: abore]
    #8585213 - 07/01/08 07:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I cut them up, removed everything except the red/yellow skin and the little beads, cooked them in a 100degree C oven for about 30 minutes or so, or until they were 'cracker dry', then crushed it all up and drank it with water. Didn't die, very consciousness-expanding.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: burgatory]
    #8586426 - 07/02/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

just dont eat em until they are totally dry! the chemicals that make you sick are lost when they dry.
peace

--------------------

OfflineDjoum
Psy-student
Male

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #8586514 - 07/02/08 12:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with Phish_dude. I have eaten these 10-12 times and have usually had a good time.

My preferred method of ingestion is to chew on a single cap and stalk from the one dried, medium-large sized mushroom (cap approx. 12cm diameter fresh).

They have a heavy body load, but if you do vomit, you should feel better immediately. I do not see vomiting as a bad thing for amanitas, and trying to avoid vomiting on them is hard and painful. Cannabis usually helps with the nausea.

OfflineIce House Shaman
Rider on the Storm
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: Djoum]
    #8586550 - 07/02/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

LOL  ........ No.

--------------------
you are not who i thought i was...

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: Humbled]
    #8586568 - 07/02/08 01:26 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocelium said:
I've read that the skins are what contain the toxins.

By steaming the fruits, the skin is easily peeled away leaving only flesh to consume.

Don't take my word for it though.

the skins contain the actives.

Quote:

RasJeph said:

death caps ARE amanitas.

and to answer the question of the OP, muscarias do have a lookalike, make sure they have little frilly rings above the bulbous base, dig them up dont break them off.
take pics to the hunting forum for a proper "OK TO EAT".
make sure to include pics of the base of them.

many random amanitas have been popping up in the northern states, some yellow some red with yellowish stems and no frills, commonly mistaken for muscaria and eaten these mushrooms cause severe stomach upset.

research;
death cap
destroying angel

two mushrooms to look out for, they look nothing like muscaria.

and yes the experience of muscaria is worth it, definitely an entheogen of wonderous preportions, just dont take too many and dont expect it to be anything colorful like psilocybin.

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #8586955 - 07/02/08 07:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

death caps ARE amanitas.

My bad. I meant the ones he was looking for LOOKED like death caps sometimes. :tongue:

OfflineRectul Threat
Pint of cum(warm)
Male

Loc: London
Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: RasJeph]
    #8587075 - 07/02/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i tried it once and nothing happened

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #8587217 - 07/02/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CptnGarden said:
Quote:

Psilocelium said:
I've read that the skins are what contain the toxins.

By steaming the fruits, the skin is easily peeled away leaving only flesh to consume.

Don't take my word for it though.

the skins contain the actives.

Quote:

RasJeph said:

death caps ARE amanitas.

and to answer the question of the OP, muscarias do have a lookalike, make sure they have little frilly rings above the bulbous base, dig them up dont break them off.
take pics to the hunting forum for a proper "OK TO EAT".
make sure to include pics of the base of them.

many random amanitas have been popping up in the northern states, some yellow some red with yellowish stems and no frills, commonly mistaken for muscaria and eaten these mushrooms cause severe stomach upset.

research;
death cap
destroying angel

two mushrooms to look out for, they look nothing like muscaria.

and yes the experience of muscaria is worth it, definitely an entheogen of wonderous preportions, just dont take too many and dont expect it to be anything colorful like psilocybin.

word finally someone with half a brain no offense to the others, but suprisingly things can get mad colorful. some of the most commen effects tho are Wavy Open eye visuals stuff beathing or warping, maybe a littl whirl pool in a wall or on a table. other then that OBEs and intense CEVs, for example anything you can envision you can really see as a CEV in full detail from there you can make a world of CEVs tho its better to fall into a trance and have an OBE cause that was way more direction and will tell you more. as for inducing a trance look up methods, drumming helps or putting the tv on line tuning up the volume and listing to that high pitch until you fall into it.

Really high doses can be dangerous causing you to collapse and even sleep walk so theres a somewhat element of danger. seriously tho type my name then do search i have taken them over 100 times.

i suggest picking them your self or getting them from someone that picks em Online ones are really iffy and chalk that up mainly to how their handeled they need to be handled as sacared things and give the proper respects and blessings. i find the fresher the better, and cook em only for taste, i dont really suggest drying unless your gona save em for future. But ill note theres a huge differance in summer amanita and Fall specially in NJ summer ones are way way rougher and body loading kinda make me sick a bit cause it feels like way to much drugs with those i suggest 1/4th a cap as where fall 1-2caps.
dont drive on them for the most part, i have driven on the sky while on them and i dont suggest it. they are a great healing tool.

i got to relive 2 years of my life in an OBE but fast fowarded which helped me deal with somethings in my life

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Is A. Muscaria worth it? [Re: RasJeph]
    #8587255 - 07/02/08 10:29 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

death caps ARE amanitas.

My bad. I meant the ones he was looking for LOOKED like death caps sometimes. :tongue:

wrong again.....
please do not go around saying things your not sure of......
while trying to keep him safe you know nothing of what you speak.

Amanita Phalloides - The Death Cap

Amanita Virosa - Destroying Angel

Amanita Muscaria

Amanita Muscaria Var. Formosa

safe shroomin'

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals