Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineummagumma
On the Hunt!
Male

Loc: Forestry SA Flag
Re: a few pic's [Re: Para Noia]
    #8573649 - 06/28/08 08:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Nah sorry Champ that was not us. We were there back on the 17/6/08 which was a Tuesday and we certainly were not in a White van when we were there.

--------------------
Your all  a bunch of Trippers!

Australia First

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineummagumma
On the Hunt!
Male

Re: a few pic's [Re: ummagumma]
    #8573711 - 06/28/08 08:42 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Once we FINALLY get some wintery weather mmm(28/06/08):rolleyes: Maybe a group of us or Who ever MIGHT want to go out for an outing once the conditions are more suitable for the Adventure:mushroom2: Its been a very mild winter so far so time will tell.:sun:

--------------------

Australia First

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #8573733 - 06/28/08 08:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ummagumma said:
Nah sorry Champ that was not us. We were there back on the 17/6/08 which was a Tuesday and we certainly were not in a White van when we were there.

thats correct we were not in a white van sorry

ummagumma im ready when the times wright to come on a adventure its been quite dry at some places.
Nice photos too ummagumma.

hopefully the rain will kick in again.

cheers
2swzzl

--------------------

Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: a few pic's [Re: 2SWZZL]
    #8575027 - 06/28/08 05:28 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

perhaps less dropping car type specifics guys

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath 🗡
 User Gallery

Loc: BoobyTraps
    #8575987 - 06/28/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Para Noia said:
Don't mean to be a forum hog, but I just realised something...

Look at the 3rd pic in 2SWZZL second set of photos from the 06/19/08 06:57 AM above,

Now look at my first 2 pics from today,

Its the same bloody bush! :shocked:

So I guess it was you three there today. At least next time i'll know to say g'day...

Considering the size of the forest and that 2SWZZL and I have never met or shared patches, thats bloody uncanny!

You are right! I just carefully examined the two photos and the branches are 100% spot on! Same with the shrooms lol
So who didnt pick the mushrooms? Either that or it was another flush of mushrooms in the exact same spot :strokebeard:

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SAust.
Re: a few pic's [Re: myrealname]
    #8575999 - 06/28/08 11:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'd be keen for a wander around, especially if some rains come. actually when some rains come.  must be a bit optimistic about this.

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

Re: a few pic's [Re: trixxy]
    #8576314 - 06/29/08 02:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

You are right! I just carefully examined the two photos and the branches are 100% spot on! Same with the shrooms lol
So who didnt pick the mushrooms? Either that or it was another flush of mushrooms in the exact same spot

Well, I didn't pick any yesterday - just took photos, but the three guys who came after me (whoever they were) were certainly cleaning up. Amazing coincidence anyway.

I didn't look closely at the shrooms, but if 2SWZZL & co. picked the ones in their last post, i guess the only logical assumption is that they were a new flush.

Would like to come along for a wander ummagumma but I have to leave  in the next couple of weeks for a new house/job for 6 months. We'll see...

Quote:

perhaps less dropping car type specifics guys

Watchu talkin bout myrealname?

It's ok. Guys in white vans everywhere - your secrets are safe :rolleyes:

Edited by Para Noia (06/29/08 09:45 AM)

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: OOISI]
    #8576462 - 06/29/08 04:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OOISI said:Trixxy in your post on the 4th, that second mushroom's Lactarius deliciousus (sp?) or Milky cap. As the name suggests, its a choice edible though the small ones are harvested. I suggest frying it up, chopped with butter, salt/pepper and served on bread.

They're quite easy to identify. Older specimens stain green and when the gills are cut bleed a milky orange liquid.

Para noia take note, thats the orangey ones you were trying to identify (from the great southern pine fields too i take it) in one of your previous posts.

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: trixxy]
    #8576498 - 06/29/08 05:37 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Cheers Trixxy,

Yeah, I thought they might have been edibles, because i remembered you mentioning it when we saw them on our excursion.

There were literally hundreds of them in the Pines, will have to bring a few home next time.

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Re: a few pic's [Re: QuantumReality]
    #8576747 - 06/29/08 08:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dizzwizzle said:

So who didnt pick the mushrooms? Either that or it was another flush of mushrooms in the exact same spot :strokebeard:

why pick all the shrooms you/i dont want to kill the patch i try to take the good mushrooms and i tend to leave the little bullets and older sub's alone to regenerate again
and then when its time ill pick the bullets that grew bigger a few days later.

Also any1 know where i can get a electric coffee grinder from so i can turn the dry shrooms into powder.?

--------------------

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

Re: a few pic's [Re: 2SWZZL]
    #8576786 - 06/29/08 09:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

why pick all the shrooms you/i dont want to kill the patch i try to take the good mushrooms and i tend to leave the little bullets and older sub's alone to regenerate again

Ditto 2SWZZL. It's sad when people indiscriminately rip everything out of the ground but the grass.

Re: the coffee grinder - their are a few on ebay (manual and electric). Otherwise i would guess Haris Scarf, Myer, Big W etc...

I use a Barmix wityh a small fitted bowl on the end so its like a blender. I wasn't sure though whether blending the cracker dry shrooms could cause them to lose their potency?

Offlineummagumma
On the Hunt!
Male

#8576821 - 06/29/08 09:38 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

No worries Like trixxy said Lets hope we get some rain. Maybe within the few weeks before you leave.

--------------------

Australia First

Offlineummagumma
On the Hunt!
Male

#8576859 - 06/29/08 10:03 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Here is a few more pic,s

--------------------

Australia First

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath 🗡
 User Gallery

#8577008 - 06/29/08 11:19 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Haha i didnt really take any notice of the sizing in the pic i just figured out of the lot of you someone would have bagged em.
About a grinder, they are sold everywhere these days, and cheap too, you could probably even find a good cheap one at Kmart that would do the job

Offlinethemuel
Respect the Mushroom!
Male User Gallery

#8579360 - 06/30/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I nice few photos there ummagumma, are they up from your way?

I haven't been out for a while but wouldn't mind going again soon, I sure hope we get some better rain coming otherwise we'll be in trouble (no mushys and no water!)

When does the season usually wind up? Is it around august sometime?  What about if we get some really good rain near the end of august, will they continue on a while?

Also, can you use a mortar a pestle instead of a grinder?

--------------------
the.muel

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

#8579483 - 06/30/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ummagumma said:
Here is a few more pic,s

:eek: 50 odd? very nice photo. you sure weren't joking about them loving the gums.

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Re: a few pic's [Re: themuel]
    #8579510 - 06/30/08 01:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

samuel2087 said:When does the season usually wind up? Is it around august sometime?  What about if we get some really good rain near the end of august, will they continue on a while?

Season ends depending on the temperature, generally need a solid run of nights below 10 degrees and cool days in the low teens for fruiting to occur, on top of wetness, there have been reports of people (tryptonite and ooisi i think) finding actives in October, but it all depends on the rain, generally 2 months either side of the winter solstice, but with good rainfall in September (when evaporation increases a fair bit) yeah the season can go on.

Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: a few pic's [Re: trixxy]
    #8579637 - 06/30/08 03:49 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

yo paranoia, not much of a safe secret then is it dude!!!

was'nt me in the van either.

what I was hinting at saying is a couple things really : if you were so pissed about the shrooms, you shoulda gone and had a chat to them and offer some advice if it was advice you had. Not sorta hid like a stalker! and staked its prey, then reported its doings to the fricking internet. Wise up!

not cool.

would you be happy to list the car you will be travelling in to all your shroom adventures etc ? Colour, and type. (ps not too many vans in forestry SA if you notice)

and its a public forum and your saying that "3 guys, driving a specific car and colour were picking shrooms"

The dudes your talking about may well be reading this forum and getting fricking pissed at even me dropping the whole car shit, but it was your mention, Im just showing how INSANE it is.

the patch may well be some patch that was handed down from grandfather to dad to son or some shit, and the dudes dont even give two shits about the "internet" and you could be taking the fruits of some 1970 hippies spore prints.....you never know eh.

no hard feelings eh, just think please!!

think about it man? why not name every kinda car you see at a secluded forest carpark on the forum.

be smart, Im sure we all see plenty of cars IT IS A PUBLIC FOREST, just shut up about it.

peace to you bro

your name is PARANOIA...... after all...

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath 🗡
 User Gallery

Re: a few pic's [Re: myrealname]
    #8579652 - 06/30/08 04:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i think you made your point after the forth line, theres no point in saying no hard feelings then start up again...

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

#8579742 - 06/30/08 05:59 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

come on guy's calm down who cares just chill have a joint and relax piece out.

cheers
2swzzl

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates