Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: Helixx]
    #8580151 - 06/30/08 10:25 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I've done a few high doses of DXM, and all of them were horrible experiences; I always end up stuck in some hellish realm that feels deeply forboding and malovent. The trip reminds me of a twisted cousin to the ayahuasca experience, without the intense visuals and insights. It has much more to offer than just dizziness, but that being said, it is not for everyone.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: satyr]
    #8580187 - 06/30/08 10:44 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

DXM + MJ is one of the best highs I've ever had. Without it DXM to me is just very uncomfortable, I'm not very happy. As soon as I smoke MJ with it I am so happy. This 1 time, it was better than any mushroom trip I had until that time.

Invisiblet00th
something terrible
Male
Loc: the dirty dirty
    #8580297 - 06/30/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

my friends first dose was 900mgs. he threw a lot of shit up, then had to get his stomach pumped. mot a fun night.

--------------------
:partykid:

Offlinedevilzmike
Stranger

Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: t00th]
    #8580635 - 06/30/08 03:18 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Your friend is dumb  :whatwhat: 
A perfect first dose( well it always depend on your weight and metabolism) is 300mg for me. It was a really fun and funky experience to say the least. When you jump up to the third plateau, you have to worry about the set and setting. If you get an hellish time, it might be the problem.

Offline33rationalgaze33
DMT
Male

#8580731 - 06/30/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i remeber when i did it i just took all th cough gels in one bottle i remeber it was pretty fun i got up to go down stairs and then fail down the stairs the started movine very odd to the smashing pumkins for a very long time. good stuff.

Invisibleduger
Rotator
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: LSDevin]
    #8580779 - 06/30/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

For me, while LSD is akin to experiencing everything at once, DXM is like enduring nothingness.  I feel very empty, somewhat robotic.  Very odd.

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: duger]
    #8581653 - 06/30/08 08:34 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I've noticed that I can smoke a ton of pot on DXM without coughing.  I do find that cigarettes nearly floor me on DXM.  I get very dizzy.

It's strange to me that some people report it not being like a trip and others do.  I often will do it at night and in the dark, any source of light is moving around as though it has a mind of its own.  There's this transparent, multicolored mosaic floating around (VERY similar to LSD but with a different "flavor") in front of me.  I'll experience very intense visuals.  I also walk around outside in parks in the dark on the stuff and often the floating, moving, blurring colors are so strong that I can't see anything else around me, except for the outline of the trees, which seem to grow extra branches as though they were spider webs that could grow themselves.

One main difference from LSD, for me, is that DXM gives me far stronger audio hallucinations.  Background noise initially begins to sound like a thousand little voices off in the distance and then I'll start to hear my thoughts out load.  Once in a while I'll have complete audio hallucinations and become convinced that someone has just said my name.  I have also had numerous experiences with talking to people who aren't really there, seeing vortexes opening up in the wall, random objects of completely the wrong size in bizzare places (I recall once seeing a huge bannana on a front lawn - an I mean HUGE - bigger than a Ford truck).  This is all at 10 mg/kg and around there.

I find lower doses consist more of a moderate sensation of derealization and depersonalization, coupled with a strong stimulant effect and euphoric response to music.  Lower doses are fun.  On higher doses, the concept of fun no longer applies.

In terms of it being a trip however, there's no way that I could personally see it otherwise.  "Trip" refers to the fact that a tripper feels as though he/she is going to a different world.  On DXM, this reality seems completely foreign and my notions of cause and effect become entirely distorted.  Objects change size and proportions are way off (far more than with LSD).  The sense of time, especially, breaks down completely.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: Plasmid]
    #8581875 - 06/30/08 09:26 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

That was a good description of the experience.
It is strange the way time and space become so very distorted. When I lay down, my awareness seems to expand and fill the entire room. I always feel stuck in some strange bubble within my own reality, time vanishes, and the place seems to be completely devoid of other life. It seems very empty and desolate; if there are others in the room, communication with them becomes impossible. I attempt to tell them something, but my mouth utters things my mind never wished to say. It feels like I'm speaking to them from within a dream.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: devilzmike]
    #8581942 - 06/30/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

devilzmike said:
Your friend is dumb  :whatwhat: 
A perfect first dose( well it always depend on your weight and metabolism) is 300mg for me. It was a really fun and funky experience to say the least. When you jump up to the third plateau, you have to worry about the set and setting. If you get an hellish time, it might be the problem.

Imo, 300mg is the ideal dose for an average person looking for a good time. I've taken much higher doses, but always by combining gelcaps with extracted DXM powder. For a pleasant, casual trip, it does not get easier then picking up a bottle of robo-gells (which totals 300mg) and smoking a good amount of pot on the side (almost essential). Great when socializing/doing whatever. No worries about any nausea or anything for me.

I would def agree that taking high doses like 900mg for someones first time is a bad idea.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Offlinedevilzmike
Stranger

Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: The_Ghost]
    #8582446 - 06/30/08 11:46 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Ah those little holy gelcap... In my opinion, its the way to go for a light first or second plateau trip in a bottle range. But gulping more to get at the very least in a mild third is anoying as hell and its very tough to keep it down.For third and fourth plateau, the best is extraction or  syrup combined with something else to get the taste a little bit less shitty.

--------------------
:gizmo:Holy jesus puffy fluffy whoopy cheesy shwoopy manly oh!:gizmo:

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: devilzmike]
    #8582461 - 06/30/08 11:50 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

devilzmike said:
Ah those little holy gelcap... In my opinion, its the way to go for a light first or second plateau trip in a bottle range. But gulping more to get at the very least in a mild third is anoying as hell and its very tough to keep it down.For third and fourth plateau, the best is extraction or  syrup combined with something else to get the taste a little bit less shitty.

Yes. Gel's + powder = :crazy2:

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: The_Ghost]
    #8582527 - 07/01/08 12:14 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You guys and your gels. I have acquired a taste for robo syrup. I think the syrup hits a bit harder and is more price efficient. I dont know why some of you experience the side effects so badly. I dont care though, if you cant take the heat get out of the dextroverse.

I dont see whats so confusing about DXM. A high dose of mushrooms would be just as confusing, but in a different way. However I dont advise taking benadryl or dramamine with DXM. Even a minimal amount of either of those will make the DXM waaaaayyy more confusing.

If you think that was as bad as a nicotine OD, then you havnt had a real nicotine OD.

Offlinetwoism
go plastic
Male

Loc: Buckie High
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: Moo456]
    #8582665 - 07/01/08 12:49 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Always toke up after you take a dose of DXM man!

I really don't trip on DXM anymore, but when I did weed always made the trip amazing. It totally changed my opinion of the stuff, it was like a completely different experience. It wasn't confusing or weird, quite the opposite. Totally killed the nausea too, and I know a lot of people have problems with that. Still though, the dissociative effects always bothered me. I'm all about psychedelics, and DXM on its own felt nothing like them.

--------------------

OfflinePlasmid
Absent
Male
Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: twoism]
    #8582964 - 07/01/08 03:45 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

DXM is a psychedelic.  I think it's really similar to the classical serotoninergic hallucinogens: the floating and moving patterns of colors, the stuff moving around in the dark, distortions in sense of space and time, extreme changes in one's perception of themselves and their place in the world.  I think that the dissociatives are quite similar to the serotoninergic hallucinogens, except they have a very different "flavor."  It's sort of like comparing two different fruits, to give an analogy of how I see it.  At first glance, a lime and an orange look different and they do have their differences, but they also have a lot of similarities.  If you take 'psychedelic' to mean mind-manifesting then I don't see how DXM, ketamine or PCP could even come close to being outside the range of psychedelic.  I suppose, however, that in this community "psychedelic" is, by default, meant to refer to the serotoninergic hallucinogens and dissociative hallucinogens fall into the "other hallucinogens" category.

The biggest qualitative differences I note (when I refer to LSD, I also include shrooms, as I find these almost the same):
- LSD is a very emotionally intense experience, while with dissociatives emotions seem distant and almost irrelevant
- while LSD tends to be depersonalizing and derealizing to an extent, dissociatives produce these sensations to extremes
- LSD hallucinations in the dark (or "CEVs") tend to have more emphasis on intense geometrical symmetry and movement revolves around that symmetry, while dissociatives tend to emphasize linear shapes (eg. I'll see almost like a "basket weave" of different colors with all of the weavings moving in and out an past each other)
- more intense closed eye hallucinations on LSD produce a lot of intricate detail, while dissociatives involve hallucinations involving vast expanses, often landscapes of unimaginable proportions
- with LSD I find that even though space can become severely distorted, I often find that dissociatives cause me to completely lose all reference point for dimensions (even if something still looks like it's a meter long, I may have an intuitive sensation that the whole universe has contracted so that a meter is the size of a proton) - time distortions are analagous
- when LSD produces delusions or delusion-like thinking, it often is highly detail oriented, much like conspiracy theories which are so intricate that they simply can't be disproven; with DXM the delusion-like thinking tends to be the result of complete breakdowns in one's understanding of cause and effect
- I find full blown audio hallucinations (and distortions) to be far more common (and stronger) with DXM
- many hallucinations with dissociatives are accompanied by "sensations" that I can only describe as being like intuitive notions of the existence of something (eg. instead of actually seeing or hearing something, one can interact with something without any sensory perception or experience of it; almost like imagining something or dreaming it but with sensory deprivation); LSD's hallucinations tend to be intense sensory experiences
- LSD produces a frenzy of associations (I've always like to call LSD and the like "associative hallucinogens") with a lot of free association between concepts in very creative ways; DXM tends to make everything seem disconnected and bizzare, the free association is there, but the irony is that it doesn't seem connected; it's as though the stream of consciousness feels like a random stream of thoughts

There are other differences, which are on the mental level which I can't really describe easily.  I find dissociatives can be wildly unpredictable while LSD (and shrooms) tend to be very consistent in their character.

Again, what I'm getting at is that even though I can clearly see that the character (or "taste") of the experiences is very different between dissociative hallucinogens and serotoninergic hallucinogens, I think it's also really obvious that it is their key similarities which make them both qualify as psychedelic.  I can't think of a better word that "tripping" for what I experience on both types of drugs: they both seem to take me to different worlds.

Quote:

It feels like I'm speaking to them from within a dream.

Yeah, I know what you mean.  If you're in the dark with another person and talking to them, it's almost like they're not really there and you're not really speaking.  I have also had experiences on DXM where I've spoken with people who aren't there (and who don't exist) and I'm not at all sure if I was actually speaking out loud or not.

I change chug syrup no problem, though there is only one brand left without sorbitol and it doesn't taste good, though no syrup ever did.  I like the gels once in a while, because they're easier to get down.  Oddly enough, if I puke, which occurs rarely (maybe one in twenty times), it's only from gels and never from syrup.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: maglight]
    #8582969 - 07/01/08 03:53 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

maglight said:
I love DXM. A fun side effect is that since it's a cough suppressant, it makes it so easy to smoke. I can take huge hits like nothing.

wtf

InvisibleMoo456
Pied_Piper

Re: DXM is so confusing!!!!!!! [Re: Plasmid]
    #8583008 - 07/01/08 05:02 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Good points plasmid. Although I would describe them as opposites, a 1 and a -1 can certainly have things in common. And call me crazy, but im starting to think that being a user of both DXM and serotonin psychedelics is actually healthier than using only one or the other.

Im not saying that LSD(serotonin psychedelics in general) can protect your brain from any physical DXM damage, but obviously it has the potential to teach your brain how to compensate for unwanted changes caused by DXM.

Also frequent use of LSD can lead to emotional and psychological problems most likely due to things like unwanted associations or out of tune thinking. By out of tune thinking I mean when your ability to predict the unknown becomes exaggerated. DXM has the ability to quiet these associations and at the same time teach you to pace your thinking.

Im not saying that you can just take both and be fine. Thats just not how it works. In my particular case, I have learned to think clearly on both dissociatives and psychedelics which has given me a much wider range of control over my sober thinking. I really dont advise anyone to do this unless you really know what the fuck youre doing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag