Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewaixingren
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pink Oysters are pinning!! [Re: newb grower]
    #8600981 - 07/06/08 02:35 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i love the look of oyster pins. beautiful grow newb grower. :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenewb grower
Vagrant

Re: Pink Oysters are pinning!! [Re: waixingren]
    #8601038 - 07/06/08 02:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks everyone...I just realized you could send private messages on here so, for those who wrote me I believe I got back to you all??? All in all for the very first time I've grown mushrooms, I am really happy so far :tongue2::laugh::wink:

--------------------
"Listen to me and you might be farting through silk for the rest of your life...goodbye"
Larry

Offlinefaffle
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8603181 - 07/07/08 05:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

WHOA! thats your first grow? :shocked:  You've got my 1st grow beat easily.  Shit, it cost me like $500 to start up, granted, it is an indoor grow.  You should let us know what your costs and yields are.  This looks like an ideal way for people with limited budgets to start out.

--------------------

Offlinecaricapapaya
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Pink Oysters are pinning!! [Re: faffle]
    #8603459 - 07/07/08 08:59 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Those yellow oysters look nice! Where did you get the culture? They dont look like citrinopileatus to me.

thanks

carica

Offlinenewb grower
Vagrant

Re: Pink Oysters are pinning!! [Re: caricapapaya]
    #8604086 - 07/07/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

faffle- The whole set up so far has been roughly $160.00 of which $120.00 was for grain spawn. So far I have harvested 7 lbs 3.5 oz of yellow and pink combined.  The blue oysters are coming in strong right now and I expect to harvest around 7-9 lbs again on the first flush which will be sold to the local restaurant that buys my lettuce. They are paying $8.00 a lb so I'll make roughly 1/4 of what I have into it on the first flush depending(I ate most of the others,dried some and gave some to the neighbors).  I did just buy a pressure cooker(presto 23 quart) which was $95.00 so I can make my own cultures and my own grain spawn, so I should add that in later to the  complete cost.  Also I only used half of the spawn I bought and the rest is in the freezer. I will spawn that this week on probably tuesday.  I can say without a doubt I won't grow pink oysters after this initial trial.  The production rate is just too low comparitively to the golden and blue.  I had over 200 mason jars already from garden canning so I didn't spend anything on those(and I haven't used them yet either), rubbermaid tubs are quite abundant at my household so those I as well didn't need to buy. Just spawn, laundry baskets, and straw basically. As a homebrewer I already have MEA up the ying yang for yeast propagation so another thing I already had.
I know when I really get the set-up I want/need to make it work it's going to cost thousands of dollars, but by then I'll have a much better feel on how to do things and what to expect.  Next purchase/build is a flow hood. I know I need it, and it shouldn't be more than $250.00. It's a small price to have a clean work environment. Eventually my goal is by May of 2009 to be producing 300-400 Lbs a month. 

caricapapaya- Spawn was purchased through mushroomharvest.com.  No diss to the shroomery sponsors but, mushroom harvest has the best spawn prices and that is the bottom line with business. I also personally felt more comfortable ordering from them because they don't sell psilocybe spores, which I am not interested in, however I have no aversion to people being free and doing as they please. Just not for me :wink:

--------------------
"Listen to me and you might be farting through silk for the rest of your life...goodbye"
Larry

Offlinecombs
Stranger
Male

#8607296 - 07/08/08 07:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I hope ya didnt put the pink spawn in the freezer : )
That all sound cool man! Goodluck! I am just also setting up now, building an outdoor grow room and what not:D Also starting out with pinks and yellows and then when the weather cools off a bit I'll have some blue oyster spawn ready. I know there are cool and warm weather strains of the blues but I reckon its too hot here right now even for the warm liking strain.
Theres a ton of resteraunts where I am and a few farmers markets/ co-ops etc.........Im excited!

--------------------
All I wanna do is shake jars with you, stay up late at night and make spawn.

OfflineLazy Genius
Mister

#9960560 - 03/12/09 07:20 PM (15 years, 19 days ago)

Dude, those look amazing. I especially like the golden oysters. I'm envious.

I'm starting to grow blue oysters myself as a hobby. The details are in my journal.

Why didn't you just make your own grain spawns from either spores or a liquid culture? It could have saved you a world of money. (i.e. SporeWorks.com, http://sporeworks.com/store/catalog/Edible-Medicinal-and-Novelty-Mushroom-Cultures-p-2-c-248.html)

--------------------
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually who are we not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom