Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My cake care/fruiting tek [Re: davidcoperfield]
    #8579015 - 06/29/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

As you can tell im "bored".
Im waiting for my job at a barber shop to start "im a barber" and thats why i have so much free time.

Anyway,i wanted to post this.
This is the cake only 9 hours later.
Its already put on another inch.
Also a top veiw of the three.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: My cake care/fruiting tek [Re: nilla]
    #8579260 - 06/29/08 11:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah. Mine are brf dunked and then rolled in verm.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineMad River
Reverend, Churchof Todd
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Great Lakes Region, U...
    #8579266 - 06/29/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I decided to give your tek, or at least parts of it, a shot. You can check it out here. :yesnod:

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Loc: The end of the road
Re: My cake care/fruiting tek [Re: Mad River]
    #8579323 - 06/30/08 12:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

wow this is extremly interesting. have you tried cubensis blue meanies using this method. because i got some cakes that will prob be finished by this up comming weekend and am interested in tryin this method

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Re: My cake care/fruiting tek [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #8579330 - 06/30/08 12:10 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

and what about other cakes not just brf cakes? have you tried any other substrate? and if so what method and results?

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8579334 - 06/30/08 12:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Only have done this with brf jars.
Yes,some strains react crazy to this.
I said awhile back that "Mystery fat ass" if thats what they were even called "cant remember".
But they were crazy as hell.
I know Texans pin insane like this.
And EQ,SA,B+ seem to do more of the fat ones oppose to having a bunch of pins.
Ive grown SA's on cakes that are as long as my fore arm with caps the size of baseballs "around".

Edited by nilla (06/30/08 12:20 AM)

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

#8579371 - 06/30/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

you ever do PE it would be interesting to see some big weiners hanging of there haha

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
Re: My cake care/fruiting tek [Re: Kada]
    #8579372 - 06/30/08 12:39 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
I don't see why i would want to bother with casings, when i get great results and never any contaims with cakes. Im sure casing has its advantages, but so do cakes. I will defend cakes honor with my sword sirs!

this is why bulk rules...

1st flush, 1 monotub...  think if you had 10 of these mono's? look up some of largedoses' posts.  their is no way fruiting cakes as cakes can compete.  cakes are great ways imo to get good prints easily and to test out a print.

when i used to break up cakes and spawn them i never ever had any uncolonized portions of the cake in the middle.  that's why we wait for a week or so after full colonization for the mycelium to colonize the center of the cake.  but if it works for you it works.

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Re: My cake care/fruiting tek [Re: blood4blood]
    #8579377 - 06/30/08 12:42 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ya bulk dose produce more i have to say that thats what i do when i need a large ammount but when i want some personlas i like cakes i dunno why i just like how it looks i guess

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8579389 - 06/30/08 12:48 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blood4blood said:
Quote:

Kada said:
I don't see why i would want to bother with casings, when i get great results and never any contaims with cakes. Im sure casing has its advantages, but so do cakes. I will defend cakes honor with my sword sirs!

this is why bulk rules...

1st flush, 1 monotub...  think if you had 10 of these mono's? look up some of largedoses' posts.  their is no way fruiting cakes as cakes can compete.  cakes are great ways imo to get good prints easily and to test out a print.

when i used to break up cakes and spawn them i never ever had any uncolonized portions of the cake in the middle.  that's why we wait for a week or so after full colonization for the mycelium to colonize the center of the cake.  but if it works for you it works.

I already stated that i rushed them to have some for the fourth of July.
Thats why we had some uncolonized areas.
As you can see from the pic of how to scrape it is about perfect and this is how they usually are.
Im willing to bet that what i can put in cakes in a container the same size as your monos that i will have more weight in the end.

Edited by nilla (06/30/08 12:50 AM)

Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8579401 - 06/30/08 12:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Cakes are better i believe.
Bulk,your colonizing spawn waiting for that, then spawning to sub waiting for that,then while thats running your praying for no contams.
If it does your out a ton of shit.
Then once colinized you wait for fruits.
Lots of time, materials,and risk of failure.
Cakes now,colonize,then birth!
If one fails you have many more and can rid one easier then salting or pulling contamed substrate out of a cassing.

Edited by nilla (06/30/08 12:56 AM)

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

#8579403 - 06/30/08 12:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

that would be somthin to see. i am curious which method is better.

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #8579430 - 06/30/08 01:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

im not saying cakes dont work well. your pinsets just dont look that impressive for all this "scrapeing" work.  below are some pics of cakes that are stacked courtesy of the man himself FAHTSTER!  im not trying to bash you at all man its cool your trying something new and innovative but there is alot of work that goes into cakes also and if you follow proper sterile procedures contamination should never be an issue

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8120056#8120056

and basically the time periods are the same except maybe 4-5 days while your waiting for your spawn to colonize your bulk.  but if you wait that extra week after your cake is fully colonized on the outside then actually bulk would be faster by a couple of days

Edited by blood4blood (06/30/08 01:10 AM)

Invisiblebillyboy36
Stranger
Loc: Canada
    #8579441 - 06/30/08 01:14 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Both have their ups and downs like anything else.  The time comparison is about the same.  bulk takes about 10 days for grains, then about 10 days to colonize bulk sub and then about a week to fruit.  So both take about a month.  Grains have the advantage of being shaken.  You can use more inoculate with cakes to speed up the process, but so can you with grains.  Bulk with the proper pasteurization methods and good spawn ratio are pretty damn hard to contaminate.  As long as you don't suffocate the thing.  Cakes do have the advantage of being separate entities of each other, but that also means more time in inoculation holes and dunking individually.  Plus rye prep is like the easiest thing on the planet.  Doesn't get easier than rye.  We've all seen some pretty bad ass things done with both cakes and bulk.  It doesn't matter what weapon you choose, just that you kick some ass with it.

Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8579450 - 06/30/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blood4blood said:
im not saying cakes dont work well. your pinsets just dont look that impressive for all this "scrapeing" work.  below are some pics of cakes that are stacked courtesy of the man himself FAHTSTER!  im not trying to bash you at all man its cool your trying something new and innovative but there is alot of work that goes into cakes also and if you follow proper sterile procedures contamination should never be an issue

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8120056#8120056

and basically the time periods are the same except maybe 4-5 days while your waiting for your spawn to colonize your bulk.  but if you wait that extra week after your cake is fully colonized on the outside then actually bulk would be faster by a couple of days

Mine are usually filled similiar to those but no stacking.
And,yes i still believe i get more then that.
Look at one of my cakes and imagine 24 of them,,hmmmm crazyness.

Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8579459 - 06/30/08 01:19 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The scraping i believe is also responsable for stimulating these to make huge fruits.
Not just pinning.

Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8579520 - 06/30/08 01:53 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Wonder how big these will get...

Invisiblebillyboy36
Stranger
Loc: Canada
    #8579523 - 06/30/08 01:56 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

well, one would hope so since you are using pint cakes.  the amount of fruit is relative to the amount and care of the substrate.  It just doesn't make sense that scraping is producing more and bigger fruits.  The size of the fruit is more closely related to the strain you choose and amount of pins and the substrate.  I could understand the argument better if you were adding something to the initial recipe beyond the basic pf formula.  You're comparing your pint cakes to the standard 1/2 pint cakes and saying yours do better.  There is no comparison, of course yours are going to out perform because they are twice the size.

And if you actually have 20 bins of 20 of your cakes going, you should be getting FAR more than the amount per week you stated.  even with your cakes producing a modest 10 gms per pint in the first flush alone.

Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My cake care/fruiting tek [Re: billyboy36]
    #8579542 - 06/30/08 02:05 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

billyboy36 said:
Quote:

well, one would hope so since you are using pint cakes.  the amount of fruit is relative to the amount and care of the substrate.  It just doesn't make sense that scraping is producing more and bigger fruits.  The size of the fruit is more closely related to the strain you choose and amount of pins and the substrate.  I could understand the argument better if you were adding something to the initial recipe beyond the basic pf formula.  You're comparing your pint cakes to the standard 1/2 pint cakes and saying yours do better.  There is no comparison, of course yours are going to out perform because they are twice the size.

And if you actually have 20 bins of 20 of your cakes going, you should be getting FAR more than the amount per week you stated.  even with your cakes producing a modest 10 gms per pint in the first flush alone.

Never did try to compare to 1/2 pints,,many use pints these days anyway.
Still show me a "random" three cakes that do this well.
Most post there best cakes,these are just the three that are fruiting now.
Not my "best"
Do you reeally know enough to say sratching the cakes has no effect on growth??
Tell me why i can produce more weight of a pint with "NO" cassing then most with a cassing...

Offlinenilla
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8579546 - 06/30/08 02:08 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Also the weight i said was an estimate and it was long ago and mostly 1/2 pints.

Why are you so trying to find flaws??
Funny how people rip on things they cant understand:tongue:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom