Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroominmilo
Stranger
tea
    #857402 - 09/01/02 03:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Please forgive me if I seem ignorant,

could anyone, who is an expert on the matter and not guessing, tell me if it is safe to consume in any way shape or form shrooms that have been steeped for tea.

Particularly, if the tea was made last weekend and the shrooms have been stored.

Thank You,
shroomin milo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: tea [Re: shroominmilo]
    #857456 - 09/01/02 04:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Making tea with the mushrooms should make no difference in the mushrooms themselves (other than hydrating them). The real question (and you're the only one who can answer it) is if the mushrooms have gone bad since then. Is there any visible mold on them? Smell them - many bacteria produce strong odors. If they look like they are rotting, moldy, or anything like that, don't eat them. Use the same judgement you would use for food. If you have any doubts, don't eat them. Food poisoning is nasty, and you should have to be pretty desperate to risk it.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineshroominmilo
Stranger
Re: tea [Re: ToxicMan]
    #857476 - 09/01/02 04:23 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

thanks,

that was what i was looking for....they dont look so hot.....wasnt sure if re-boiling them would kill off any bacteria or mold....

just poked at one....pretty pussy head on it.....i think im gonna pass...

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: tea [Re: shroominmilo]
    #857667 - 09/01/02 06:10 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Boiling will kill bacteria and mold. The problem is that you need to get rid of any toxins they may have produced. Many of the toxins produced by bacteria and molds are not destroyed by boiling, and some of them are among the most poisonous substances known.

In general, you should evaluate *anything* you are considering eating. If you pick wild mushrooms, don't eat them if they're rotting. I know that sounds stupid, but there are many poisonings every year where somebody ate rotting, nasty mushrooms. If you wouldn't eat an apple in that condition, why would you eat anything else like that?

Glad to hear you're not planning to make a bid for this year's Darwin Awards.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Re: tea [Re: ToxicMan]
    #858795 - 09/02/02 11:03 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Food poisoning is nasty

Yea, dry heaving for 6 hours is no fun, trust me.

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag