Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: a few pic's [Re: 2SWZZL]
    #8518721 - 06/13/08 07:41 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Charlie if you have an ID request you should post it in the main hunting forum and list the habitat as well..

that said, they may be Cortinarius

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: a few pic's [Re: undergrounder]
    #8521817 - 06/13/08 10:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yo paranoia dont stress it happens.

next time just try this so u can see what they do.

take 4 of the biggest stems and caps u have on that plate fresh and then

measure a cup of water and put it in a small saucepan with the 4 biggest adult cap and stem combo u have on the plate in ur last pic.

simmer (no bubbles tho) for an hour, standing there with a fork squeezing and manipulating the matter for the hour.

after the hours up, take out all the bits of mushroom u can with just a fork. dont be scared if u still see any floaties.

then put in coffee and sugar abit stronger than how u normally have it (for the taste), splash of milk to cool it for your excited, curious lips even.

Pour back into the same glass u poured the water into the saucepan with. (there will be less than when u started obviously due to evap etc)

for a makeshift funnel just cut a 2litre bottle so u can throw it out after, but still have effective funnelness.

now drink it and then see what u see.

ps, dont use a tea bag as teabags going in have been known to take out the goodshit post extraction and u then throw it out, I was always told to make the "tea bag style tea" first!, then add ur mushies to make your other tea. So to clarify just make COFFEE INSTEAD!!!!

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
    #8525745 - 06/15/08 01:33 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

got some nice shots there Para Noia :thumbup:! btw 4 shrooms is way too little, I usually have about 2.5x that amount but even that is not much compared to what some of my freinds eat - 20+ large subs :eek: tripping is about going way outta your comfort zone (be prepared for a bad trip) so go eat 10 subs and hold onto your seat!

Quote:

undergrounder said:
Charlie if you have an ID request you should post it in the main hunting forum and list the habitat as well..

don't waste your energy, newbies never listen.

anyway here are some shots I took yesterday of Adelaide Suburb subs

as you can see none of them are mature yet because the conditions are not very ideal in the suburbs

and heres a couple photos I forgot to post from a hunt with ummagumma on May 31

Edited by tryptonite (06/15/08 02:27 AM)

Offlinecharlie.w
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8526118 - 06/15/08 07:39 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thanks undergrounder, ill keep that in mind next time.

Invisiblemsanchez420
NSW Sub Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: a few pic's [Re: charlie.w]
    #8526227 - 06/15/08 09:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Good finds tryptonite :thumbup:

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

Offlinesollie
psilosopher
Male

Loc: south oz
Re: a few pic's [Re: msanchez420]
    #8528715 - 06/16/08 01:03 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Been on a few good outings recently. Regular spots producing well and have found a few new bonza heavy producing locations. The above average rain in May really kicked the season into gear. Lets hope for good rain in June and July.

Found these today at one of the new locations. Blue Subs. I've heard of people talking about blue meanies in Australia. Is this what they mean? Because I know Panaeolus Cyanescens are called blue meanies in other countries.

There's a normal goldie in the last pic for comparison.

I ate one on the way home just to guage their strength. About a 20 cent piece size. I would say it was as strong as 2 normal gold tops of the same size. A bit meaner than normal perhaps.

--------------------
SPORE WATER
IN USE

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath đź—ˇ
 User Gallery

Loc: BoobyTraps
Re: a few pic's [Re: sollie]
    #8528877 - 06/16/08 03:11 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Nice pics sollie, not BM's though:thumbup:

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: a few pic's [Re: QuantumReality]
    #8532172 - 06/17/08 12:08 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I think he meant that people in SA might of have been calling blue subs BM's. i don't think he wasn't saying that his mushrooms were blue meanies/panaeolus cyanescens right?

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

Edited by tryptonite (06/17/08 12:15 AM)

Offlinesollie
psilosopher
Male

Loc: south oz
Re: a few pic's [Re: tryptonite]
    #8532953 - 06/17/08 09:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

correct tryptonite. i am guessing they are the same as normal goldtops but with higher levels of psilocin, hence more oxydation/bluing at the surface. this might account for the reportedly 'meaner' trip too. dont know whether this is genetic, substrate or ecologically based variation, but definitely literally blue magic mushrooms. after spore printing them, they have semi-dried to a palid green/blue colour now. spore print is the same purple as normal.

yeah my question was about what are south aussies calling blue meanies, because i have heard about them for many years now, even from friends. and i seriously doubt they mean panaeolus/copelandia cyanescens because i know they dont hunt for their mushies in dung. if blue subs are relativelty common and south aussies are calling them blue meanies then i think we have a better claim to the name than those who call pan cyans blue meanies, because from what i've heard pan cyans are white and you need to eat heaps to get a decent effect. i can tell everyone now, from now on if i find any more mushies like the ones above i will be calling them blue meanies, because they are blue and pretty damn strong. this is my nonscientific argument for colloquial naming rights.

has anyone else come across mushies like this?

the only other difference i found macroscopically is the stems were more fragile/less woody than the average australian psilocybe (if there is such a thing). the stems were totally blue as well apart from some flecks of white towards the cap end.

i'm excited.

--------------------
SPORE WATER
IN USE

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath đź—ˇ
 User Gallery

Loc: BoobyTraps
Re: a few pic's [Re: sollie]
    #8533396 - 06/17/08 11:43 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You should be excited! :super:
Ive come accross some similar before in rich eucalypt mulch, though some of your stems are more woody coloured than blue from what i can see..? The caps are damn blue:yesnod:
Yea id say higher levels of psilocybin most likely caused from the substrate quality in which it was growing.
They were either talking bout cubes or pan cyans, or they got it wrong, i dont think we get copes here.
Though i like what you say, cause they certainly look blue enough, and by the looks of them they look pretty mean too lol so why not call them blue meanies, you know what i mean;)

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #8539794 - 06/19/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well went for a nice drive down south way with ummagumma and sammay and i it was a great walk and we came across the biggest patch i have seen ever some off the mushrooms are as tall as my iced coffee it was excellent any way here's a couple off pictures ummagumma took because i forgot my camera.

cheers
2swzzl

[image][/image][image][/image][image][/image][image][/image][image][/image][image][/image][image][/image]

--------------------

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

#8539868 - 06/19/08 06:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

and just a few more pic's i forgot to add

[image align=left][/image][image align=left][/image][image align=right][/image][image align=right][/image]

--------------------

Invisiblemyrealname
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #8541919 - 06/19/08 07:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

very nice

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

Re: a few pic's [Re: myrealname]
    #8543479 - 06/20/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Damn - you struck southern gold

You 2 sure must eat a lot of shrooms 

Were there many pins around - don't see any in the photo's...

Well done sir/s!

Invisiblemsanchez420
NSW Sub Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: a few pic's [Re: Para Noia]
    #8543485 - 06/20/08 06:53 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

nice pics 2SWZZL :smile: Habitat piccies are useful for everyone :thumbup:

Did you find any subs in the pine forest itself, or just around the edges/tracks?

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one" - Albert Einstein

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

#8543492 - 06/20/08 07:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

we found them every where it just needs abit more rain no i don't eat allot off shrooms i dry them out and store them.

then have em when i want to. 

yeah we found subs in the pine needles not as big as the other patch thoe

yeah there were plenty off pins/bullets around i think they didnt take many pictures off them thoe just a few.

--------------------

Edited by 2SWZZL (06/20/08 07:03 AM)

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

#8543500 - 06/20/08 07:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

msanchez420 said:
nice pics 2SWZZL :smile: Habitat piccies are useful for everyone :thumbup:

i did not take the pics ummagumma and sammay did i forgot my camera was fun out there thoe.

ummagumma e-mailed the pic's to me so i posted them.

--------------------

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

#8572917 - 06/27/08 11:22 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hey 2SWZZL, was that you, ummagumma and sammay out at the pines this morning in a white van?

As i was returning to my car I saw you guys (if it was you) head for a massive patch I had just photographed.

Went down after and saw three guys eagerly filling 3 brown paper bags. Hope you guys left some standing. There were a LOT!

Would of stopped for a chat but it wasn't til later that i figured it was probably you guys back again after your finds in your last post.

Quite a coincidence really...

Edited by Para Noia (06/28/08 12:49 AM)

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

#8573488 - 06/28/08 05:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Hope my last post didn’t come off as a self righteous wank. I just like to look after those patches (take only what i need / snip stems with scissors), so they are still thriving next visit :wink:

Anyhoo...

here are a few pics from my walk this morning before the fellow shroomers arrived. I noticed a lot of the shrooms exhibited a kind of chapped, dehydrated appearance. Some had begun to blacken significantly. I guessed it was down to the relative openness of the location and exposure to sun/wind drying them out? There were a LOT of subs, but they weren’t particularly healthy looking examples in comparison to some of my other patches.

Anyone know what these orange spungy ones are? Not edible are they? They were EVERYWHERE...

Edited by Para Noia (06/28/08 06:20 AM)

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

#8573506 - 06/28/08 05:42 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Don't mean to be a forum hog, but I just realised something...

Look at the 3rd pic in 2SWZZL second set of photos from the 06/19/08 06:57 AM above,

Now look at my first 2 pics from today,

Its the same bloody bush! :shocked:

So I guess it was you three there today. At least next time i'll know to say g'day...

Considering the size of the forest and that 2SWZZL and I have never met or shared patches, thats bloody uncanny!

Edited by Para Noia (06/28/08 06:31 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale