Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

Growing Peyote
    #8563962 - 06/25/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Now, Im reading conflicting information. Erowid is telling me it is illegal to ship seeds to the US (as seeds are included in the restrictions...)

But I have found like 3 sites which are selling seeds, that claim they will ship "ANYWHERE".

So, who is wrong, the sites, or Erowid? Im really jazzed about growing some peyote...but I dont want to get ripped off.

Is there a non-psychoactive type of peyote? The type I found for sale is "Lophophore Williamsii".

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I used the search, etc, but no results on weather or not the seeds are legal. Hmmm.

EDIT: AH-HA. It appears their policy is a "don't ask, don't tell" one. :laugh:

"Are your products legal in my country?
The products must be legal in the country you order from. All products we sell are legal in Holland, however we cannot check the legal status of a product in every single country. It is your responsibility to check the legal status of a product. If you order from us, than you order is 100% done at your own risk. We dont give refunds and we are not responsible if your order will be confiscated by the local authorities!"

Awesome.

Edited by RasJeph (06/25/08 07:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBubba McMushies
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Growing Peyote [Re: RasJeph]
    #8564067 - 06/25/08 07:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Just FYI Peyote grows SLOOOOWWWW. Growing from a seed could take 10 to 15 years before a decent sized button exists.

I suggest sticking to T. Pachanoi (san pedro) and doing extractions. They grow much much faster.

P.S. you could also graft a peyote button onto T. Pachanoi and almost double the growing speed of the button. But you again will still need a button to start with.

--------------------
SPAWN CALCULATOR!

OfflineMadSeason

Re: Growing Peyote [Re: Bubba McMushies]
    #8564265 - 06/25/08 08:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I bought around 10 seeds, Only one lived... I had it for 1 years and a half, died few days ago, my mother was taking care of it ( I dont know anymore ) and she told me it died, I was sad, I loved it

Im gonna buy more seeds.
I was only using the sun light, is it better to grow it with some lights ?

--------------------
In the province of the mind, there are no limits

OfflineBubba McMushies
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Growing Peyote [Re: MadSeason]
    #8564307 - 06/25/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
SPAWN CALCULATOR!

Offlinestonefury71
Stranger

Re: Growing Peyote [Re: Bubba McMushies]
    #8564451 - 06/25/08 09:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yea T. Pachanoi is a lot easier to get, you can order it legally online.

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8565078 - 06/26/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Even growing Peyote is illegal. It is the only mescaline-containing species which is illegal to cultivate, that I know of.

As other people have said, there are better alternatives if you are looking for an active species. San Pedro, Peruvian Torch, and Bridgesii are a couple of alternatives. You can even be as lucky to find them at your local Home Depot from time to time.

Assuming you live in the United States:
"Peyote (lophophora williamsii) is Schedule I in the United States. This means it is illegal to manufacture, buy, possess, or distribute (sell, trade or give) without a DEA license."

http://www.erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_law.shtml

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #8565163 - 06/26/08 12:58 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Having some lophophora (active or other) is cool for decoration or for your cactus collection, but I would never waste my time trying to grow them or eat the ones that I have. So much time put into growing them all so you can eat them and trip, when you could just go for other cacti. And even if you buy them already grown they can be pricey depending on where you get them from, so I still wouldn't eat them (But that's just me).

The process is VERY slow like it's been said, IMO you should skip the seeds and just try to find some wild ones (if possible) if you just want them so you can eat them. Or get some small buttons and graft them, but don't go the straight-from-seed route.

And a non-psychoactive one is lophophora diffusa.

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Growing Peyote [Re: Robo]
    #8565208 - 06/26/08 01:19 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ah dont tell people to go digging up wild Peyote. They are becoming more and more rare. They take just as long to grow in nature as they do in someones backyard :crankey:

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Growing Peyote [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #8565325 - 06/26/08 02:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not talking about grandfather peyote that have been growing for decades, I mean smaller buttons.

But anyways...... if I myself did ever come across wild peyote, I gotta say it would be very tempting to take some, sorry :justdontknow:

I really doubt I would use them to trip on but it would be cool to have some.

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

#8565517 - 06/26/08 05:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
Ah dont tell people to go digging up wild Peyote. They are becoming more and more rare. They take just as long to grow in nature as they do in someones backyard :crankey:

Haha, thats not really an option for me, as I live in NY.

Actually, last night I got to thinking, and sending that place $25 for 20 seeds that are just going to get confiscated by customs isn't worth the money.

I'm just gonna take a trip up to Canada and buy me some buttons, then smuggle them over the boarder :laugh:

Can anyone suggest a nursery that they know is good?

Edited by RasJeph (06/26/08 08:10 AM)

OfflineOphanim
The Molecule'sSpirit
Male

#8566003 - 06/26/08 09:46 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You can buy Peyote buttons in Canada?

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Growing Peyote [Re: Ophanim]
    #8566079 - 06/26/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Some headshops will have them. its a very rare find at nurseries.

Invisible04281969
Hobbyist
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing Peyote [Re: Legoulash]
    #8566107 - 06/26/08 10:31 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Grafting is not out of the realm of possibility.  Peruvian Torch is great, and grows easily from seed.  (Just use a berry container - great for just the right amount of moisture vs. air circulation.)  A planted foot of San Pedro outgrows them all if you're looking for something to eat next year, though.

Offlinearpnuke
Always changing
 User Gallery

Re: Growing Peyote [Re: 04281969]
    #8566333 - 06/26/08 11:42 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I would be concerned about the manufacturing charges should your place get raided for whatever reason.  Maybe the pigs wouldn't recognize the peyote buttons, but if they did you've got a charge of manufacturing a schedule I substance.  Not to mention that it takes 5-10 years to finish up a crop.  That's a lot of time to be taking such a legal risk.

If it were me, I'd go the San Pedro/Peruvian Torch route.  They are legal to possess, grow much faster, and still have the active ingredient you are seeking.

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

Re: Growing Peyote [Re: arpnuke]
    #8567899 - 06/26/08 05:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Not too worried about a police raid. I'm friends with most of the piggies around here...or at least on a good level with them. It pays to be fake sometimes...:thumbup:

I know it would be much easier to grow some Pedro/Torch...I just want some peyote to complete a collection. I dunno why, I just feel an overwhelming need to grow this stuff. :laugh:

Only bumping because I haven't found a nursery yet ._.

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8567914 - 06/26/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You wont find a nursery selling them because they are illegal. :lol:

Your best bet if you are looking to for Peyote is to hang around here and find someone who has a couple of them and see if they wont help you out with some seeds or even trade for a rooted one.

And as others have told you, you are looking at a 10-15 year investment of your time before you have a matured Peyote. But they are beautiful, I will add some to my collection some day when I have a more stable living arrangement.

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
    #8567946 - 06/26/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Its federally illegal, have fun getting raped in jail :penis::goatse::penis::goatse::penis::goatse::penis::goatse::penis::goatse::penis::goatse::penis::goatse: Breaking the law is bad :killerrabbit:

Offlinehooksbooks
Fun Guy
Male

Loc: Central, TX
    #8567954 - 06/26/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
They take just as long to grow in nature as they do in someones backyard :crankey:

actually they take much, much longer

Offlineethnoguy
"Raper of Mother Nature"
Male User Gallery

Loc: your momma's house
Re: Growing Peyote [Re: hooksbooks]
    #8569241 - 06/26/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Damn, how about some helpful and relevant info regarding the original question (a few here are right though)......

First peyote (Lophophora williamsii) is illegal, seed and all. However there are lophophora which are legal in all states but CA. There are diffusa (hardly any to 0 mesc), fricii, and decipens (which a few believe to be a variation of L. williamsii). Anyhow those seeds are fairly easy to get if you know where to look.

Some places overseas will ship peyote and peyote seeds to the US. They usually are upfront about it. If they say anywhere, then that is what they mean. Seeds are easy to obtain. They will normally label them as another cacti which shares the same type of seed size. Not much of a risk with seeds IMO. Just mind WTF you are doing. Getting a letter from customs is not the best thing. Alway think before you order something from an auction site. However, I have found a couple of ppl that way. You got to compose yourself the right way and have some clue as to what the hell you are doing.

Yes, peyote grows slow. Grafting speeds up that process, but expect much lower mescaline from grafted plants. They will need to be degrafted for some time, and possibly stressed, to do the deed. Most of us who collect sacred and rare cacti seldom consume them. We appreciate the anthropological and entheobotanical nature of such specimens. Don't even bother with peyote if you do not fit into this category. Stick to trichocereus cacti.

Don't bother asking me for help though. I just don't feel comfortable, plus its against the rules. Hope this helped! GL!

EG

OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

Re: Growing Peyote [Re: ethnoguy]
    #8569956 - 06/27/08 05:31 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
You wont find a nursery selling them because they are illegal. :lol:

I guess you missed the last post I made, because I said I was going to CANADA to get them, where it is legal.

Quote:

ethnoguy said:

Most of us who collect sacred and rare cacti seldom consume them. We appreciate the anthropological and entheobotanical nature of such specimens. Don't even bother with peyote if you do not fit into this category. Stick to trichocereus cacti.

Don't bother asking me for help though. I just don't feel comfortable, plus its against the rules. Hope this helped! GL!

Thanks for the help man! Really appreciated. I know. I'm hardly planning on eating the little guys. I'd just like to have them around. It would make me feel more complete, especially living in NY where NOBODY else is going to have them. It'd be extra special :3

And yeah, I know. I'm still a stranger so I understand why you'd be reluctant. :laugh:

Edited by RasJeph (06/27/08 05:32 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder