Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

can i dunk
    #8568933 - 06/26/08 09:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

can i dunk altho i birthed it 4 days ago?  i never dunked and think i should. 

it has a few tiny pins that dont really grow all that much.  help

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSef
Warrior of Purgatory
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your computer
Re: can i dunk [Re: djblackout]
    #8568983 - 06/26/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Need more info on growing circumstances.
Pins will most likely die at dunking.

Why do you think you need to dunk 4 days after birthing?

--------------------
~~~ Your question was probably answered below ~~~
Rye Spawning
50/50+ Casing and Casing
Monotub OR Monotub
When I say *I* in a post, it is simply for ease of posting. I am always, of course, referring to a friend of mine from highschool whom I haven't seen in 15 years.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: can i dunk [Re: Sef]
    #8569170 - 06/26/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

its not showing any growth.  its in a shotgun fc 99% humidity lots of holes and i fan 4-5 times a day

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#8569175 - 06/26/08 10:43 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

No. Give it some time.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8569221 - 06/26/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

how many hours should i give it light?

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8569293 - 06/26/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i use a 26w cool blue cfl.  maybe i should go with the redder spectrum?

--------------------

InvisibleHoleSnype
I love me some me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: DF DUBS
    #8569296 - 06/26/08 11:09 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I think red is bad...

--------------------
"I'm sofa king we todd did." ~ Rick James

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: can i dunk [Re: HoleSnype]
    #8569312 - 06/26/08 11:14 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ok good.  i have the awesome blue ones.

i usually take off the lid and have it like 2 feet away shinin down on them

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: can i dunk [Re: HoleSnype]
    #8569316 - 06/26/08 11:15 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Go ahead and dunk and roll.  Wash well under the faucet before and after the dunk. If you're not familiar with dunk and roll, this video has dunk and roll about five minutes in, right after the terrarium tek.  It's a fairly high res stream, so you'll need broadband to see it.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: can i dunk [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8569368 - 06/26/08 11:27 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ur the man so ill do it... is tap water ok for dunking as well?

and should i yank the pins off and eat em?

--------------------

Edited by djblackout (06/26/08 11:27 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8569414 - 06/26/08 11:44 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Tap water is fine.  Pins rarely abort during a dunk, but the roll in dry verm can be tough on them.  I'd leave them in place and only pick off the ones that actually abort later.  If you get a good 24 hour dunk, the pins will mature in three to five days.
RR

--------------------

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinezak007
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: can i dunk [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8569465 - 06/26/08 11:59 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i had 4 cakes dry and all the pins die while i went to the beach. When i came back there were some fresh pins that needed nurturing.  Dunked for about 18 hours and it was the biggest flush ive seen yet on cakes.

--------------------
"Ive calculated your chance of survival but
I dont think your going to like it"

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: can i dunk [Re: zak007]
    #8569546 - 06/27/08 12:34 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

wow 3-5 days?  awesome!  im going to get off my ass and dunk right now.

does the container have to be non see thru?

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8569635 - 06/27/08 01:26 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

ok they are dunking right now. 

i dont have to sterlize the verm when i do a roll do i?

--------------------

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

#8569729 - 06/27/08 02:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You can and you may :P

Well dunk for 24+ this is great for shrooms!

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: can i dunk [Re: dstark]
    #8569740 - 06/27/08 02:29 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

im going to dunk for exactly 24 hours.

i dont want to sterlize my verm will that be ok>

--------------------

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

#8569813 - 06/27/08 03:18 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Fully colonized cakes are not easely get contamed! i think you will be fine...

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: can i dunk [Re: dstark]
    #8569817 - 06/27/08 03:23 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

thank you.  thats what i thought too.

they are just turning blue from me grabbin em too hard.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8569835 - 06/27/08 03:36 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

OMG I DUNKED LIKE 2 HOURS AGO AND I SEE PIMPLES OF PINS STARTING WHEN THEY WERENT THERE 2 HOURS AGO!!!

i cant wait to see what 24 hours does for them omfg

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #8570565 - 06/27/08 10:28 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

If using a brand new bag of vermiculite, there's no need to heat treat it, but if it's been sitting around open for awhile, I'd pour it onto a cookie sheet and put it in the oven at 350F for an hour or so just to kill off any mold spores that are sitting on the verm.  Vermiculite is mineral, but that doesn't mean some nasty stuff couldn't have floated in the air and landed on it, and then would be pressed against your cake after the dunk.
RR

--------------------

Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck