Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefolgerswins
Stranger
 User Gallery
Mycellium question.
    #8565194 - 06/26/08 01:11 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I started a few cakes that haulted. They where looking good. So like a noob I inspected them. I figured it was a lost cause anyways.  on the one I saw a green small strand forming about a centimeter long.  I cut the cake opened to discover rich white mushroom reaking  When i say reaking I dont mean anything smelled bad. It smelled like fresh store mushrooms. It smelled beautiful.  mycellium.  I have 2 other cakes from the same patch that have haulted. I noticed my substrate seemed dry and hard.  I think I may have added too much water when I did those.  Is there any way I can quickly make some sort of inoculation fluid from the still live somewhat moist mushroom smelling white centers of these cakes?  Is there some way I can salvage this?  Any ideas ? It wasnt a PATCH of green mold. Theres no green mold in any of them.  Is there any sort of ghetto solution I can make with some liquid a syringe and the blender? or if i shave the mycelium and store it in a certain liquid.  Any ideas?  Again, I see no bad looking molds in the other jars acting the same way, and in this cake i disected, it was a light little not even centimeter streak of light pastel green string forming on the outside.  The insides where dryer.  I immedately took the healthy looking mycelium and put it on coffee filters in a freshly sanitized container.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefolgerswins
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mycellium question. [Re: folgerswins]
    #8565212 - 06/26/08 01:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I love you guys/

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Mycellium question. [Re: folgerswins]
    #8565275 - 06/26/08 01:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It could be a bacterial contamination that you can't see. They will slow, and even completely stop colonization. You can loosen the lids, and turn them upside down and that may help. You can inject a 10 cc's of sterilized water into the cakes if you decide to. I might try that if you see no signs of condensation on the sides, and you are sure the first cake was dry. Be sure to be very sterile at this point or you'll end up fucking your cakes up.

If you are casing, and they are about done colonizing I suggest just taking them out cleaning all of the un-colonized part off and casing it asap.

--------------------

Offlinethepaintingaccid
Stranger

Re: Mycellium question. [Re: MHbound]
    #8565348 - 06/26/08 02:32 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

something halted the growth. You can attempt to either fruit the colonized parts(scrape away all the uncolonized) or spawn the colonized parts to bulk. You have options and worst comes to worst bury it outside for an outdoor bed. If theres green despite how small theres contam growth within the cake. Trich spores are green but the myc is white and will be dispersed within the cake. So isolate it or just bury it now.

Offlinegooglemeplz
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mycellium question. [Re: thepaintingaccid]
    #8565884 - 06/26/08 08:50 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Some people cut out the contaminated part of the cake, if it's green, and hope that it doesn't spread more or spread to any other cakes. But usually green mold is safe, black mold is the mold that you have to be careful with, if you get the black stuff then throw it out, otherwise you can cut it out and hope for the best.

Offlinejohnny.fairplay
StrangerThanFishin
 User Gallery

Re: Mycellium question. [Re: MHbound]
    #8566078 - 06/26/08 10:16 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MHbound said:
It could be a bacterial contamination that you can't see. They will slow, and even completely stop colonization. You can loosen the lids, and turn them upside down and that may help. You can inject a 10 cc's of sterilized water into the cakes if you decide to. I might try that if you see no signs of condensation on the sides, and you are sure the first cake was dry. Be sure to be very sterile at this point or you'll end up fucking your cakes up.

If you are casing, and they are about done colonizing I suggest just taking them out cleaning all of the un-colonized part off and casing it asap.

Loosening lids fine... do not flip them.  The verm barrier works because it keeps contaminates from reaching nutritious material, if you flip that its no longer doing that.

--------------------
My trade thread

Offlinethepaintingaccid
Stranger

Re: Mycellium question. [Re: johnny.fairplay]
    #8567658 - 06/26/08 04:42 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The green you see is just sporulation but the trich myc is already spread within the cake by the time you see spores. Cutting away the contamed portions is a possibility but in my experience fighting a losing battle. Just isolate that cake away from your grow area/other cakes and do whatever you wish with it. but personally i'd just let nature take care of it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags