Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineusr
Interested.
Male

Loc: United States
Got rejected for a job today...
    #8567307 - 06/26/08 05:29 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Eh, it kind of sucks.  :thumbdown:

I went to the interview Tuesday evening. It was for a Network Engineering position at a local business. By reading the job description and even listening to them talk to me, I knew for a fact I had the education, experience and capability.

However, I'm not exactly sure what it was. Possibly what I put down as my desired salary on the application, but more than likely I just didn't answer or convey something as well as they would have liked. I was a bit nervous in the interview, as I really wanted to be offered this job.

Oh well, I guess. I know I can't change it and I know I can't stay upset about it.

But that doesn't change the fact that it kind of dampened my spirits a bit when I opened that letter...

And every day, I tend to grow more and more frustrated with my current job, so that doesn't help ease the rejection all that much.

Thoughts? Similar experiences?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
Re: Got rejected for a job today... [Re: usr]
    #8568206 - 06/26/08 08:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

usr said:

However, I'm not exactly sure what it was. Possibly what I put down as my desired salary on the application, but more than likely I just didn't answer or convey something as well as they would have liked. I was a bit nervous in the interview, as I really wanted to be offered this job.

You won't ever know why.  Having been on the hiring side of the interviewing table more often than the applicant side, I can tell you that it is very common to have a great applicant that we just can't hire.  Often we've already decided on somebody but we're still fulfilling appointments we made with others, sometimes we end up hiring nobody, sometimes there are two or three great candidates and we can only pick one arbitrarily, other times we are looking for someone who is older, or lives closer, and sometimes they are ideal but there's somebody just a bit more ideal.

It's nothing personal, they can't hire everybody, even if they are perfectly suitable.  Their choice indicates absolutely nothing about you or your capability, don't make the mistake of inferring anything.

But maybe it's better you didn't get that job.  You really have no way of knowing yet.  I remember when I was 17, looking for my first job.  I applied for a position doing laundry at a seniors home.  Not glamorous, but it paid well and I was willing to do it.  I felt like I nailed the interview.  But they never called me.

I was pissed off for a few days, until I got an offer from a grocery store, where I worked happily for a few years and met some people who are today my closest friends.  And to think, at the time I was pissed off about NOT getting a fair shot at washing old people's soiled bedsheets.  Whether you agree or disagree with the idea that everything happens for a reason, you might as well view it as a win win situation.  In not getting that job, you don't know what problems you were spared, and you don't know what opportunities you opened up.  Put it behind you.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Got rejected for a job today... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8569112 - 06/27/08 12:28 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Excellent advice.

OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Got rejected for a job today... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8569936 - 06/27/08 07:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

rock on...

was just rejected by boeing... am glad to have read this thread. take whiskeyclones advice :smile:... things will get better, especially if you take the positive stance on the random possibilities of life

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlinekriminalelement
"jesus wept."
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ay! los popos estan aqui!
Re: Got rejected for a job today... [Re: mick]
    #8577939 - 06/29/08 07:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Whiskeyclone: are you in HR? I am in education but I have always been interested in HR.

--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
Re: Got rejected for a job today... [Re: kriminalelement]
    #8578381 - 06/29/08 09:17 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

No I work for a small company and we have no HR department.  My boss and I conduct all the interviews for all prospective employees.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being