Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
frustration searching for truth
    #8564180 - 06/25/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i wonder why our creator would make "truth" so difficult to grasp.  there must be a good reason for such mass confusion.  i think that will be the first question i ask when i return home to be with our creator.  or i may not have to ask........maybe all answers will just be known upon the shedding of this bag of skin i reside in.  :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: frustration searching for truth [Re: norml840]
    #8564317 - 06/25/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe the answer is to lose the questions.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: frustration searching for truth [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #8564382 - 06/25/08 09:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

jonathanseagull said:

Says the church to science.

There is a joy that comes with learning new things.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #8564553 - 06/25/08 09:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

norml840 said:
i wonder why our creator would make "truth" so difficult to grasp.  there must be a good reason for such mass confusion.  i think that will be the first question i ask when i return home to be with our creator.  or i may not have to ask........maybe all answers will just be known upon the shedding of this bag of skin i reside in.  :sad:

The irony to your frustration, is that all of the answers you will find to be most true, already reside within you....
You are the truth, you just have to be content enough with yourself to let go and learn to listen to your inner most voice....
It comes with time....
Calm/empty your mind, and listen with your heart....
No answers are more pure than the ones that come from yourself....   
Hang in there, the answers are worth knowing....    :wink:

:sunny:

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: frustration searching for truth [Re: WScott]
    #8564945 - 06/25/08 11:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

But there is an alternative to the questioner and ignorant and that is the observer.

One who chases truth is like the dog who chases its own tail, for nothing is true.  The tail is the liar who is reason posing as truth.

It is very common among users of psychedelic drugs to feel that with every trip they are coming closer to the truth and it's just within their grasp.  But this is merely the bait of Choronzon as he reels in yet another victim.

Love experience to experience love
O' ignorant vessel of snake or dove
When the path is clear and the temple in sight
Jump in the thorns and rest for the night
A skyward kiss to unite or make flight
93 93/93

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8565090 - 06/26/08 12:27 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The truth is already within.
Life is a never ending quest for knowledge
Through knowledge, comes evolution.
Perpetual Evolution
Your "truth" is independent to your subjective reality.
However, the larger - objective truth is evident within all things
Including yourself.
For you are God

--------------------

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: frustration searching for truth [Re: WScott]
    #8567801 - 06/26/08 05:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WScottsdale said:
Quote:

jonathanseagull said:

Says the church to science.

There is a joy that comes with learning new things.

Science will hit the inevitable dead end when it reaches the limits of the universe.  Truth by definition is an unchanging, independent thing.  The universe and science and all that science studies is contingent and interdependent.  Much like the mind/brain problem of Descartes, a boundary is hit by science, logic, and philosophy.

Bringing up the church and science is akin to a strawman fallacy, and not even related to the discussion at hand, which is one of philosophy.

There is a joy that comes with learning new things.  But as the many wise poster's above this post have already stated, the truth isn't to be found in any external (and I say even internal) environment, but eternal, which is unreachable by a seeking mind.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
Re: frustration searching for truth [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #8568560 - 06/26/08 08:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The truth is only hard to find when you dont know what your looking for. I searched my entire life for the "truth", only to realize that it is everywhere and nowhere all at once. What I have learned is that truth is everything. It is subjective, objective, arbitrary, and non-existent. Everything just IS. The best way to discover the truth is to stop the search. Just listen to your intuition, follow what you feel is right, and expect nothing.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #8570395 - 06/27/08 09:19 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I have been studying the teachings of Ra and he/she states that it is important to realize that 'the truth' is not attainable at this stage of our development.  Everything is a big mystery and that's the way it's supposed to be.  In fact, for a person to be ready for the supposed consciousness shift which will take place in our near future, one must be aware that they don't understand.  If you ever get to a point where you think you have everything figured out, you have probably missed the point of why you're here.

Here's a quote:

"I am Ra. It is absolutely necessary that an entity consciously realize it does not understand in order for it to be harvestable. Understanding is not of this density."

InvisibleChronic7

#8570499 - 06/27/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

norml840 said:

Life is a joke. This may seem condescending, rude & even patronizing to seekers of truth but life is the biggest joke ever!!!

"What you are searching for is where you are searching from" is very very true.

This awareness which enables you to sense is the truth, but you cant ever conceptualize it, as truth itself is in the seeing, the subject, not any object that can be seen. This is why its a joke, our perception is always outward, all beings look outward, but the truth is in the core that cant be seen as it is the seeing!

On spiritual searches we have flashes of

"oh my god its so simple! its here all the time! how ridiculous, how could i have missed it!? how can i keep it!?"

what it is that is here all the time is the unattached all encompassing formless awareness!

It really is that simple, the simplest most basic subjective unchanging awareness inherent in ALL life is what you are looking for in your search for truth!
Isit possible to find the subject? Can you see the see-er?
How can it be possible to see the subject?
Surely then it would be an object seen?

Would you be even satisfied with seeing truth as a "thing" in front of you? The mind would love this, but true understanding is beyond the mind, let understanding happen in your body, your body is so much more intelligent then your mind, live in your body not in your head.

All intelligent knowledge is objective, it simply overlooks the subject as it cant be objectified. Can science explain consciousness/awareness? Will it ever proove awareness? Awareness is formless & empty it can & never will be prooved apart from by experience of immortal awareness. Awareness is not a "thing" to believe in, you can only BE aware. You can only BE truth.

All seekers for god, truth, are all missing the obvious. Is truth an object that can be seen & known? Or is truth the totality of existence, the see-er & knower?

Just understand this one truth, that all knowledge is objective and truth is not an object it is the subject.

Please get this, anyone who says to me they want truth ill do all i can to reveal it to them! PM me if you want..

:rose:

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (06/27/08 10:14 AM)

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
Re: frustration searching for truth [Re: Chronic7]
    #8572062 - 06/27/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thanks chronic777.  very nicely put.  if i step back i can easily see that it's my ego that wants to know the "truth".  it likes to be the know it all in the room.  deep down i can see that what i'm looking for can never be explained by my minds thoughts and understanding.  and frankly, i kinda like it that way.  if i knew the "answer",  life just wouldn't be as fun anymore.  :levitate:

OfflineNoClue
Stranger

#8572297 - 06/27/08 07:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ehh, I'm beginning to believe this as well.

By the way.
you should have mail..

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#8572315 - 06/27/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Life is just as fun when you know the answers as it is when you don't....
It just enlightens your perception a bit with new concepts, outlooks, and new inspirations....
Unless Chronic777's answer was the answer you were seeking for right now in your life....
If you seek answers to be "bigger" than others in a room, your own ego will cloud your search, and for your own good....
Stepping stones....

You will be back to the spot that you wrote this thread in no time....
And you will keep seeking answers to that which you wish to know and question....
It never goes away....
Call it the curiosity of a cat, it is human nature, if not the nature of all life....    :thumbup:

>^;;^<

--------------------

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisibleChronic7

Re: frustration searching for truth [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8573748 - 06/28/08 09:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

All seeing & seeking eventually leads to the search for the see-er.

Is the see-er an object that can be seen or isit formless presence?

The eyes you are looking through when seen through without doubt, interpretation, & intention are the eyes of the absolute, any movement like thoughts are clouds moving in what you are, the empty sky, be before the movement of thought and stay there!

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#8577586 - 06/29/08 02:47 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:

Eventually, yes....
There are MANY MANY truths to discover about one's self before reaching the "Ultimate of Truths"....
There is an order....

One does not jump in and comprehend the ultimate answer just because the question is asked, and someone else says the words....
As the OP stated, he was seeking answers to questions for the soul purpose of being a "bigger person" (ego) in a room of others....
As I said before, baby steps....
A certain level of "maturity" has to be attained before one can comprehend the next level....
You don't ask a baby to walk the day after it is born....    :wink:

>^;;^<

--------------------

>^;;^<

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#8578840 - 06/29/08 09:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

All your actions can take place without someone present. Think about that. Rub your hands together without positing any self that's doing it, and see how much better you feel...

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

InvisibleChronic7

#8579678 - 06/30/08 04:58 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Quote:

Chronic777 said:

Eventually, yes....
There are MANY MANY truths to discover about one's self before reaching the "Ultimate of Truths"....
There is an order....

One does not jump in and comprehend the ultimate answer just because the question is asked, and someone else says the words....
As the OP stated, he was seeking answers to questions for the soul purpose of being a "bigger person" (ego) in a room of others....
As I said before, baby steps....
A certain level of "maturity" has to be attained before one can comprehend the next level....
You don't ask a baby to walk the day after it is born....    :wink:

>^;;^<

I know man, they say enquirys for "ripe souls", but why take the long winding road when you can go direct to the source with enquiry?

I agree that it all unfolds as it does but self enquiry is so effective, all other practices seem to cater to the ego, but self enquiry destroys the sense of self. Many thirst for spiritual knowledge & teachings, little realizing that awakening is throwing away all knowledge & identity. This may not sound very attractive to someone who is after special powers & knowledge of the absolute.

A good reminder to stay with throughout seeking is, if the absolute is one, how can it know anything? When you are one there is no "other" thing to know.

Nooone said it better than Buddha

"there is no need to seek truth, simply let go of your beliefs"

:peace:

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

#8580744 - 06/30/08 03:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You just don't seem to be comprehending what I am trying my best to clearly illustrate.....!?
Words....    You win, I give up....    :thumbup:

>^;;^<

--------------------

>^;;^<

InvisibleChronic7

#8583535 - 07/01/08 10:20 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I wasnt trying to win anything :shrug:

I honestly don't know what winning & losing are anymore, who wins & who loses what?

:peace:

--------------------

OfflineZackWyldeFan
Stranger

#8583703 - 07/01/08 11:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

there is no real truth as there is no real lies. they are man made, its in our nature to be clever. weve just learned to be clever against one another creating deception, truth, lies, greed. A man can spend his whole life searching for nothing but the truth and at the end of the journy discover that niether exist. I agree with cronic, to gain all truth one must let go and loose everything.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom