Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Seeds Store CBD Compare

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpiritual Seeker
Nothing Matters
Male

Loc: UK
My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates
    #8556134 - 06/23/08 11:00 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Its really fucking sad. to watch her stuggle, all her lies, all her suffering. Her skin is beggining to sag. Her cheek bones show more and more each week. I know deep down she wants to stop, but its only half the issue.

She drinks a bottle of whine a night, Constantly lies about her drug use. And to top it all off she is on Bi Polar medication and I think she was misdiagnosed and now is addicted to those pills as well.

I hate those pill pushers so fucking much. I think that every psyciatrist should be FORCED to take whatever they are prescribing for 2 weeks then be allowed to stop. Just so they can fucking see how much of a mind fuck it is to experiance those pills first hand. It would give them insight on whats going on if they are indeed misdiagnosing people.

Alcohol is the worst fucking substance on earth!. Just because its legal and is worshiped by celebs people down grade it. They say it aint "hardcore" compared to other drugs.....Bull shit. Alcohol is the most repressant substance i have ever taken. Gives you lack of judgement and makes you act like a COMPLETE Fuck nugget. When i take a walk in the woods near my house the worst thing i see littered by stoners is a bottle turned into a pipe and a bag of chips. The alcoholics fucking break 24 bottles after a long night of partying.

And i dont need to preach my opinion on  how bad opiates are.

Sorry for rambling. Just wanted to vent. I seriously see something "Big" In my moms future. Its either gonna involve a grave, a hospital, or a jury.........:sad:

--------------------
"Nothing in the world is a gift. Whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way."
-Don juan

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDrewwyann
Slayer of ticks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Atlantis
Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #8556166 - 06/23/08 11:08 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to hear about that. I've got a close friend that I'm worrying about with heroin at the moment, so I'm right there with you.

Have you talked to her about it? Like really talked to her about it? I find that in depth discussions about it are really the only way to get anything accomplished. Often times they will continue their usage, but letting them know that you care, and are more aware of their use than they think puts it into perspective more for them.

I wish you luck with that, watching some one slip into something like that can be extremely painful, especially the feeling that something bad happening is eminent.

--------------------

Anyone need a glass pipe? : http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002435158931

Love powerfully :peace::heart::peace:

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #8556169 - 06/23/08 11:08 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Thats a pretty crummy situation.  Do you let her know how you feel about it?  Don't let her delude herself into thinking you believe her when she lies about her use. Don't let her think she's got it under wraps and under control.

I recommend letting her know how obvious her addiction has become every chance you get.  Be annoying. Make her feel bad about it.  This may not do much for her but its much better than just looking the other way.

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: BoneMan]
    #8556185 - 06/23/08 11:13 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Have you head of suboxone? Its great for getting off opiates. Yes alcohol is horrible, i dont drink the stuff. :projectile:.....the worst thing about opiate addiction is that the addict has too want too quit, they cant be forced too otherwise they start feeling sorry for themselves and use that as an excuse too use.

OfflineSpiritual Seeker
Nothing Matters
Male

Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: BoneMan]
    #8556193 - 06/23/08 11:16 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

O i have brought it up to her face. And she kept on lying. It got to the point where i sat her down and told her i was going to tell my sister's Father about it so she couldnt Fuck her over with her usage.

She flipped out and said she hated me and was about to sock me, If my grandma wasnt in the room she probally would have. She stopped helping me with my bills and thats when it happened.

I had to spend every dime of my paychecks on my bills. Had to sell my car because couldnt afford gas or the payments, and was taking the bus and riding my bike 2 hours to work and waking up at 5:30 just to make sure i held my own . No matter how much i stuggled i refused to accept any help from her due to her usage and how horrible she was getting to.

She came to me 3 weeks later in tears telling me i dont need to stuggle and she wanted to "Help" me and that she "Loves" Me and paid $1000 in bills just to show how sorry she was for exploding on a incident i was correct on. Guess Karma helped me out.

She still uses, And since that day i brought it to her face she has admitted (To my grandma) that she has a problem and its hard for her to stop. I visit her now and watch her keep making false commitments about quitting as i see a glass of whine hid somewhere around the house.

Its really sad. But i will always be here for her and my sister if they need me. But i wont fucking beg her to sober up.

--------------------
"Nothing in the world is a gift. Whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way."
-Don juan

Edited by Spiritual Seeker (06/23/08 11:18 PM)

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #8556205 - 06/23/08 11:19 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Stop putting blame on the drugs and the 'drug pushers' and start putting blame on your mother.  Sorry.

Offlinerubixcubies
porch monkey ferlyfe
Male User Gallery

Loc: ottawa on
    #8556230 - 06/23/08 11:25 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

you should try not to concentrate on something bad imminent because your thoughts may manifest themselves in the universe.:japsmile:

--------------------
i'm a very evolved ape you know.

OfflineSpiritual Seeker
Nothing Matters
Male

Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: Tangerines]
    #8556242 - 06/23/08 11:28 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Stop putting blame on the drugs and the 'drug pushers' and start putting blame on your mother.  Sorry.

if you think i dont blame her as much as these substances.....think again.

however i like to keep in mind that it can be hard to walk a cirtain path when your COMPLETLEY warped on drugs

--------------------
-Don juan

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #8556259 - 06/23/08 11:33 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

I thought again.  That's good you don't purely blame the drugs.
You sure resent alcohol though. Maybe you turn into a 'fuck nugget' but I know many people who can enjoy alcohol in a responsible matter and not turn into a 'fuck nugget' whatever that is.
And these 'drug pushers' sure as hell affect more people in a positive way than in a negative way(like your mother). Again, sorry to hear about your moms and I hope shit works for the best.

Try tying her to a bed for days with no access to opiates. It might not be the most humane thing to do, but it'll work.  Being humane with addicts is hard though because it's such a primal  grasp.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: Tangerines]
    #8556467 - 06/24/08 12:31 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Try tying her to a bed for days with no access to opiates. It might not be the most humane thing to do, but it'll work.

it'll work at getting him charged with kidnaping and false imprisonment

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8556516 - 06/24/08 12:50 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

substance addiction can certainly be a bitch.

probably terrible advice but i'd say separate yourself from you mom and let her deal with it by herself.

i feel like people really into abusing substances there is nothing you can do to help but hurt yourself trying.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinedrok
carpetbagger
Male User Gallery

Loc: on my high horse
Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8557023 - 06/24/08 04:16 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

yea, the worlds view on alcohol is totally screwed up

--------------------
CLICK HERE FOR GOOD MUSIC

CLICK HERE FOR GOOD MUSIC

Invisibledarklcd
Stranger

Loc: on top of the world
Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8557039 - 06/24/08 04:25 AM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
substance addiction can certainly be a bitch.

probably terrible advice but i'd say separate yourself from you mom and let her deal with it by herself.

i feel like people really into abusing substances there is nothing you can do to help but hurt yourself trying.

Yeah but it's hard, damn near impossible to let go of family if you know they are just going to destroy themselves. I know if I had a family member in the same situation I would fight until it was the bitter end.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: darklcd]
    #8558016 - 06/24/08 01:26 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Man, Spiritual Seeker, I feel for you. I feel for you, because I think you may be my son a few years down the road...My ex has been battling with Heroin since I met her. She hid it from me at first, because I really didn't know any better. Of course with time, I got to know the deal, and then it was well into the relationship.

We had a beautiful son, and she continued to struggle. She has another son who is now about 11. Poor guy. She went to jail for 7 months when my son was only a year and a half old. Then she got out and got arrested again, put on probation and recently just violated that again.

Even though we're not together as lovers, I still love her and pray that she'll get better one day. I'd like it to be that she's normal and her son never really has to remember much of this.

How long has your mom been dealing with this?

Offlinejust_v
via Your Moms House
Male

Loc: from the north
Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: dwpineal]
    #8558183 - 06/24/08 02:13 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

drug rehab, detox, intensive out-patient program.

i been through it on opiate and cocaine addiction. so i know some shit from self experience on the addiction part. opiates are a hard drug to get off of. if she is taking xanax or any other Benzo's then it will def. be hard to get off the shit. i sent myself to drug rehab, i was not court ordered or anything.

the only way rehab will work is if you WANT to get clean.  its a very hard path to go down.  the craving will always be there. its just up to the person if they want to continue down the right path, or go down a path for disaster.

yeah, rehab can cost a bit. luckily my health insurance company covered a good bit of it.

i still use drugs.. but not cocaine, benzo's or opiates anymore. may trip or take MDMA every once in a while.

Offlinejust_v
via Your Moms House
Male

Loc: from the north
Re: My mom is loosing her battle to Opiates [Re: just_v]
    #8558197 - 06/24/08 02:17 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

look into your local Narcotic Anonymous locations, or the NAR-ANON which is for people that are concerned about others close to you that may have a drug problem.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Seeds Store CBD Compare

Community >> The Pub