Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDonkeyShell
Strange

Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up
    #8551907 - 06/22/08 07:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

When all you need is some weed. But they'll be testing for that...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up [Re: DonkeyShell]
    #8552040 - 06/22/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Totally off topic, but your avatar is freakin' awesome.

:awesome:

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #8552042 - 06/22/08 08:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

my friend who was bipolar stabbed himself to death recently

--------------------

OfflineIma TrooperS
Chilldog Extraordinaire
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up [Re: Coaster]
    #8552124 - 06/22/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:

Goddamn dude, that sucks. No disrespect, but that seems like a bad way to do it too.

--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Offlinetrepanib
Pimp
Male

Loc: Boston, MA/ Syracuse, NY
Re: Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up [Re: Coaster]
    #8552145 - 06/22/08 09:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:

Holy shit.  That's such a horrible way to go.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #8552204 - 06/22/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well, if you are bi-polar and have hurt someone or done something that landed you in court, then that fact is that you need some help.  This proves that you cannot control yourself well enough to not be on medication.  While i do not believe that medication should be court ordered, if you cannot control yourself when on one of your manic anger fits, then you should order yourself to take the medication.  Also, if weed works so well, why were you not on it and had a problem where the judge is ordering you to take medication?

Hope all goes well for you man, sounds tough.

peace

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up [Re: supra]
    #8552235 - 06/22/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Where did he say anything about mania causing him to hurt someone or land him in court. Further, he is just as likely to be in court for weed as anything else. So your argument makes no sense supra

--------------------

Calico Kahlia come tell me the news
Calamity's waiting for a way to get to her
Rosy red and electric blue
I bought you a paddle for your paper canoe

Say you'll come back when you can
Whenever your airplane happens to land
Maybe I'll be back here too
It all depends on what's with you

InvisibleJRayV
former guy on couch
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: l Flag
    #8552236 - 06/22/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Tell your doc you need Klonipin as a mood stabilizer.

OfflineDonkeyShell
Strange

#8554314 - 06/23/08 12:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

supra said:
Well, if you are bi-polar and have hurt someone or done something that landed you in court, then that fact is that you need some help.  This proves that you cannot control yourself well enough to not be on medication.  While i do not believe that medication should be court ordered, if you cannot control yourself when on one of your manic anger fits, then you should order yourself to take the medication.

I didn't hurt anybody and I'm pretty well in control. All that happened was I got into a verbal argument and it all got blown out of proportion, and it lead to a search which uncovered my stash. My old medical records were brought up in court, and now i'm going to have to take lithium and depakote again, both of which ruined my life back in high school.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #8554347 - 06/23/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

C20H25N3O said:
Where did he say anything about mania causing him to hurt someone or land him in court. Further, he is just as likely to be in court for weed as anything else. So your argument makes no sense supra

My argument makes perfect sense, maybe your just to dense to get it.  If you are in court for anything and they force you to take medication, there has to be a reason.  If i was to get arrested today for say, running over a pedestrian, and leaving.  I can almost guarantee they are not going to randomly throw me on some anti-depressants just for the hell of it. 

NO, what landed me in court would some how have to be linked with some kind of mental illness/instability for them force medications on me, which also implies that I have a HISTORY of being on such medications and a HISTORY of problems such as depression/bi-polar/mania/etc.  Makes god damn perfect grade A sense.

I send good wishes your way DonkeyShell, good luck with it all.  I know it sucks to be in legal troubles, much less have problems such as yours to deal with.  Are they going to be testing you to make sure that you are taking the meds?  If they are that bad you should see a psychiatrist or lawyer or something, especially if you really do have everything under control.  Good luck with everything

peace

Offlinedoitagain
He-Bro
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Milk and Honey
    #8554381 - 06/23/08 01:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

supra said:
Quote:

C20H25N3O said:

My argument makes perfect sense, maybe your just to dense to get it.  If you are in court for anything and they force you to take medication, there has to be a reason.  If i was to get arrested today for say, running over a pedestrian, and leaving.  I can almost guarantee they are not going to randomly throw me on some anti-depressants just for the hell of it. 

NO, what landed me in court would some how have to be linked with some kind of mental illness/instability for them force medications on me, which also implies that I have a HISTORY of being on such medications and a HISTORY of problems such as depression/bi-polar/mania/etc.  Makes god damn perfect grade A sense.

I send good wishes your way DonkeyShell, good luck with it all.  I know it sucks to be in legal troubles, much less have problems such as yours to deal with.  Are they going to be testing you to make sure that you are taking the meds?  If they are that bad you should see a psychiatrist or lawyer or something, especially if you really do have everything under control.  Good luck with everything

peace

you have way too  much faith in the judicial system.

--------------------
now i hear the police comin after me

Offlinedoitagain
He-Bro
Male User Gallery

#8554395 - 06/23/08 01:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DonkeyShell said:
Quote:

supra said:
Well, if you are bi-polar and have hurt someone or done something that landed you in court, then that fact is that you need some help.  This proves that you cannot control yourself well enough to not be on medication.  While i do not believe that medication should be court ordered, if you cannot control yourself when on one of your manic anger fits, then you should order yourself to take the medication.

I didn't hurt anybody and I'm pretty well in control. All that happened was I got into a verbal argument and it all got blown out of proportion, and it lead to a search which uncovered my stash. My old medical records were brought up in court, and now i'm going to have to take lithium and depakote again, both of which ruined my life back in high school.

when were you diagnosed as bi-polar, i was given the same diagnosis back in high school before a different psych finally said it was wrong.  depakote fucked me up too and made things worth.  if those medications ruined your life back in hs maybe you should try to see another psych and get a second opinion and show that to the court.

--------------------

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8554404 - 06/23/08 01:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DonkeyShell said:
My old medical records were brought up in court, and now i'm going to have to take lithium and depakote again, both of which ruined my life back in high school.

Jesus.  I know a couple people who have been on depakote and/or lithium, and they all turn into zombies when they're on those pills.
They tried to put me on lithium over a year ago because this shrink I was talking to thought I was bipolar, but everyone I knew said that was bullshit and that I wasn't bipolar.  A lot of shrinks are just paid pushers for the pharm industries.  That rat fuck switched me around to every different anti-d I've heard of and some mood stabilizers, as well as seroquel.
Talk about being fucked up in the head.
Those drugs screwed me up emotionally more than all the opium and fentanyl and other stuff I had been doing.
I'm pretty convinced that a lot of prescription psychiatric drugs are some of the most dangerous on the planet.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Offlinedoitagain
He-Bro
Male User Gallery

Re: Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8554447 - 06/23/08 01:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:
Quote:

DonkeyShell said:
My old medical records were brought up in court, and now i'm going to have to take lithium and depakote again, both of which ruined my life back in high school.

Jesus.  I know a couple people who have been on depakote and/or lithium, and they all turn into zombies when they're on those pills.
They tried to put me on lithium over a year ago because this shrink I was talking to thought I was bipolar, but everyone I knew said that was bullshit and that I wasn't bipolar.  A lot of shrinks are just paid pushers for the pharm industries.  That rat fuck switched me around to every different anti-d I've heard of and some mood stabilizers, as well as seroquel.
Those drugs screwed me up emotionally more than all the opium and fentanyl and other stuff I had been doing.
I'm pretty convinced that a lot of prescription psychiatric drugs are some of the most dangerous on the planet.

ive been throught the same shit man, was diagnosed w/ bi-polar and put on depakote and all that crap, which made me a zombie.  been on a ton of mood stabilizers and anti-depressants and now i feel the best i have in my life taking zero psychiatric drugs sans the occassionnal adderrall for schoolwork, thats the one prescription i still have.  imo ganja is the best medicine. at least for my own happiness.

--------------------

OfflineDonkeyShell
Strange

Re: Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up [Re: doitagain]
    #8554478 - 06/23/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

doitagain said:
when were you diagnosed as bi-polar, i was given the same diagnosis back in high school before a different psych finally said it was wrong.  depakote fucked me up too and made things worth.  if those medications ruined your life back in hs maybe you should try to see another psych and get a second opinion and show that to the court.

I was diagnosed in 6th grade, and for the next four years, I was switched around on over 20 different medications and combinations before they settled for the lithium and depakote.

Quote:

DragonChaser said:

Yeah, its really bad. I remember my creativity being entirely stifled and my entire being was practically compressed into an inaccessible region of my chest. They're gonna be testing me to make sure I'm on it, as well as staying off of weed. If I weren't broke, I'd try and fight the system.

And yes, ganja is the best medicine in the land. So naturally, they take it away and give you this shit.

OfflineDonkeyShell
Strange

#8554483 - 06/23/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

And now one of my heroes is dead. Goddamnit :mad2: :mad:

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: Bipolar & Court Ordered Medication That Fucks You Up [Re: doitagain]
    #8554510 - 06/23/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

doitagain said:ive been throught the same shit man, was diagnosed w/ bi-polar and put on depakote and all that crap, which made me a zombie.......imo ganja is the best medicine. at least for my own happiness.

I know exactly what you're talking about... Zoloft turned me into a fucking zombie, I hated it so much. Thank god I wasn't forced to take it, I did it out of recommendation. Weed works infinitely better...

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8554536 - 06/23/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DonkeyShell said:
They're gonna be testing me to make sure I'm on it

Isn't there any way you can get out of taking those?  Start faking seizures or something?  Try to talk to some different docs, or find a doc that followed the CBT (changing the way you think to change the way you feel) philosophy of psychology rather than the psychodynamic (is that the one I'm looking for?) approach, which is mainly medication and "therapy".

--------------------
My name is Mud

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8554565 - 06/23/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I was listning to this at the time, had to fullscreen that avatar. It became totally 3d and amazing.

As for bipolar, we don't treat those outside our reality well enough. It's not always easy to do, when some lie and seem to push everyone away. But one societies madman is another societies shaman.

It's sad to see ovbious intelligence and genius often being squandered, or turned into docile zombies. Some may take relief in being part of the system, and more power to them if they think that brings them happyness. But for some shizophrenics especially, the truth they might stop denying to themselves, and come to terms with what they are.

--------------------

Offlinedoitagain
He-Bro
Male User Gallery

#8554571 - 06/23/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

DonkeyShell said:
Quote:

doitagain said:

I was diagnosed in 6th grade, and for the next four years, I was switched around on over 20 different medications and combinations before they settled for the lithium and depakote.

Quote:

DragonChaser said:

Yeah, its really bad. I remember my creativity being entirely stifled and my entire being was practically compressed into an inaccessible region of my chest. They're gonna be testing me to make sure I'm on it, as well as staying off of weed. If I weren't broke, I'd try and fight the system.

And yes, ganja is the best medicine in the land. So naturally, they take it away and give you this shit.

so do you believe you are bi-polar?  i'm not saying that you are or you aren't but i know personally in at least one case it's very possible to have a psychiatrist tell you are bi-polar even though you aren't.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds