Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Loc: Marion/florida
5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!!
    #8550537 - 06/22/08 12:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Copelandia cyanescens... Every year they seem to be the first to grow. And of course they are the first ones i eat! This year, I have gone as far as to make the same shroom juce as i have been. and with about 1 to 2 lbs of freash ones. About 100 or so caps. Yes I go big. But always have a lot of fun. This year they have done nothing what so ever to me!!! :( Is it maybe to soon? they have only been popping up for a week or so. No Cubies yet. they will come up in a few more weeks of rain and im hoping they will be as good as they have always been. Has anyone ever ran in to this problem?

--------------------
I hate eating mushrooms! But the outcome is so worth it!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: HereComesTheRain]
    #8550629 - 06/22/08 01:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You sure you're not eating Cope antillarum instead?

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: HereComesTheRain]
    #8550660 - 06/22/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Panaeolus antillarum

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: implee]
    #8550681 - 06/22/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

those are the ones..  Now i know they suck,  liberty caps and cubes are the best.  and they will be the next to pop. But i thought that i had done these with no problem before.  What are some good ways to tell them apart?  I know there are some i pick that are more white on top and kind of cracked.  then there are some that are silver and a little reflective.  But thats the only differance i can see.

--------------------

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8550694 - 06/22/08 01:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The good ones bruise blue...

Where are you finding libs at?

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: implee]
    #8550727 - 06/22/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well as i cant quite say... I will say i live in marion county.  there scattered about.  But i have been finding that there only growing in fields with a lot of tree cover.  I have not foind one in the open in a couple years.  As well as the cubies.  it use to be i only found them in open fields. then as the years past, They moved under trees.  Im thinking its because the shade and the fact that it stays moist for more of the hot sunny days.  So whith this problem im having.....  The giant cracked rough ones are not so good?  Because even the little ones that are just smooth and silver in color still dont turn blue to much.  Not like the cubies.  It just sucks that i have to sit arround till the good ones come up.  But this field grows the biggest cubies i have ever seen!  from 3 to 6 or 7 inch caps on average.  I could not believe it when they started comming up. When i get my lap top back in a week or so i will post the pics i have.

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

#8550731 - 06/22/08 01:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry.. i did not put that it is in florida

--------------------

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8550740 - 06/22/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ive never found copes myself :/ i hope i find some this year

Im in texas so i know what you mean about it being too hot for the mushrooms... Check the tall grass and around bushes and trees there might be some around there

Good luck homie :laugh:

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

#8550760 - 06/22/08 01:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well I hope you find better copes than me.  Because i can go pick pounds and pounds of these.  But it seems like even if theye were a little on the sucky side and not so potent.  that drinking 5 or 6 cups of juce made from about 2 or so pounds of fresh caps would do SOMETHING!!!  But if anyone knows a good way to tell one cope to another i would love it.  I am going to stop trying to eat these cope's from now on because i have tried them 5 times this year. "nothing"  Or do most copes suck anyway?:mushroom2::mad2::confused:

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: undergrounder]
    #8550777 - 06/22/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Cope antillarum,  Is this the crappy version of an active mushroom?  because this is the majority of what i have been picking.

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

#8550836 - 06/22/08 02:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

PROBLEM SOLVED!  I just dug in to my findings that i got last night and out of them all there were only a few that had turned blue.  So i will study and weed out the crappy ones when i go hunting.  But theye are so much alike its gonna take a little more work to weed out the crap i have been finding.  and the thunder is still rolling out side! Looks like a night out on the dung for me.:ooo::mushroom2::grin::crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineAfroking
Stranger

#8550924 - 06/22/08 03:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I agree I have been finding those same mushies. They grow massive and right off of the dung. They don't bruise blue and the spore print is jet black. I live in marion as well but i have been finding bunches of copes and only 2 cubes. Season is in full swing, a week or two of straight baking sun and cat and dog rains at midnight will bring them up!

Also have cope and cube syringes for any cultivators.

Offlinepsilophile82
stilltrillchillpill>realdeal
 User Gallery

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: Afroking]
    #8551054 - 06/22/08 03:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

liberty caps do not grow in any part of Florida, and antillarum is not active. Coplandia cyenescens will bruise blue no matter what.

--------------------
"chaos is the nature of order"

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: psilophile82]
    #8551097 - 06/22/08 03:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well what are the little brown mushrooms with a more pointy cap? there not smooth brown, There more like a few shades of brown and there only about the size of a dime.  I have triped on those alone. I thought those were the ones called liberty caps.  I will have to look them up then.  And yeah.  since i know now there are non active look alikes to the copes. Im gonna look a little closer.  I inspected the ones that i have that turned blue and can see what is good and what is bad now.

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

about the brown liberty look alikes. [Re: HereComesTheRain]
    #8551307 - 06/22/08 04:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well now that i read more on them they said that these are referd to as "woodland" liberty caps.. So thats why that was stuck in my head.  I forget the long name they have.  But they are the first kind my friend hooked me up with.  They grow in clumps and not so much by them selves.  But im going out tonight and ill have to take some pic's

--------------------

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8551482 - 06/22/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Panaeolus antillarum are NOT active what you want is Panaeolus cyanescens/Copelandia cyanescens (same mushroom just renamed)

Copes are stronger than cubes.... so 1 dry gram of copes you will feel a lot better than 1 gram of dried cubes.

Cut your suspected cope's stem and see if it blues over time... heres a cube i cut

You dont need 2 pounds of fresh copes to trip... you only need like 10 grams fresh copes to trip....

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8551489 - 06/22/08 05:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You have been eating non active mushrooms if you have been eating pan ants and thank GOD you didnt use 2 pounds of copes in a tea, you would be tripping for two days straight :banana::psychsplit::banana::psychsplit:

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

#8551493 - 06/22/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

These are the psychoactive mushrooms that grow in florida
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Gymnopilus luteoviridis
Gymnopilus luteus
Panaeolus cyanescens
Panaeolus fimicola
Panaeolus subbalteatus
Psilocybe caerulescens (very rare)
Psilocybe cubensis
Psilocybe mammilata
Psilocybe tampanensis (very rare)
...and 2 as yet unnamed Panaeolus species!

some grow on poop some trees some other places...

What is the scientific name for those 'libs' you were talking about having?

Invisibledu981r
Grower

Loc: Toyota
    #8551504 - 06/22/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

From the sounds of it, you may want to be a bit more careful with your ID's before munchin.
I find stray amanitas in pastures along with pan cyans, cubes, and antillarums.
Sometimes they are small enough that someone could mistake them for the other white shrooms in the bag and dose themselves with liver failure.

--------------------
"Karma is just an E-L away from delicious."

OfflineShrum821
Shrumed Out
 User Gallery

Loc: Fuckin Texas
Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: du981r]
    #8552506 - 06/22/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Psilocybe Semilanceata aka Liberty Caps.  They surely do not grow in Florida, you should be more careful about the mushrooms you eat...stick with cubes and copes.  They are easy to identity and very common in Florida.

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: Shrum821]
    #8554762 - 06/23/08 03:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well I have looked in to the fakes for the brown liberty cap looking ones in florida years ago.  The only look alike for this one is easy to tell when you look at them. as far as spore color, stem solor and flexability, feel, color, and over all shape.  the only ones the book said were dangerous look alikes had tan colored gills, and the stem was tappered.  these brown ones were the first ones i learned about.  and have not had any trouble weeding out the fakes for 5 or 6 years now.  as far as the copes go.... I was getting the non active ones that dont turn blue,  While I will know now that the Panaeolus antillarum is not dangerous, I will not waste my time with them.  But i went out last night with the new info and weeded just the copes and felt a little trip of just 5 or 6 little copes.  But freash is always better than heating them up.  So they are popping up more and more as the rain falls.

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: Afroking]
    #8554826 - 06/23/08 03:32 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Have you been finding the copes under tree cover or in the open?  I have only found a couple in the open outside the tree lines.  I need to go find some back up fields to go to.  But this one is really good fore giant cubes.  I just hate to pass up copes if you say your finding a lot of them.  But i also don't want to step on someones gold mine. People are territorial when it comes to there dream fields.  Thats why I'm staying locked up, but would like to go look around anyway. The only problem is I'm allowed to be in this field and would like to not go to jail for trespassing on some a-hole farmers grass and cow sh!t.  Ill have to go ninja like i use to.

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: Shrum821]
    #8554998 - 06/23/08 04:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I know the ones here are NOT liberty caps.. The slang word here in florida is the woodland liberty cap. Because they look alike in ways.  I will have to get a scientific name when i do some reading.  But i know how to tell the fakes.  and there is only one deadly fake for this brown mushroom.  I did some reading in on them a while back before i ate them but I cant remember where to go back to to get the real name for them.  Ill just get some pix when i get them.  Then maybe you guys can help out.

--------------------

Offlinepsilophile82
 User Gallery

#8555058 - 06/23/08 04:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The "copes" you're talking about are obviously not the true blue meanies (c.cyanescens) because five or six of them- any size) will put an experienced mushroom eater back. You need to get some good field guides/ reference info. that is accurate and descriptive. Right now, just eating random shrooms in fields, and now you say woodland species, is treading on thin ice. Man I have been a floridian for almost my entire life, and the myco-flora there is extravagant and diverse- there are so many little brown mushrooms there that you could find 1000 in any given day after rain in the summer. If you are going to consume mushrooms- active or not- you better damn well know exactly what they are....without a doubt!!! These are serious little entities with the power to shut down your organs and kill you. It's great that you're interested, but get some good reference before you eat any more LBM's. Peace

--------------------

Offlineundergrounder
fluffy bunny
 User Gallery

Loc: Sydney Flag
Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: psilophile82]
    #8556716 - 06/23/08 11:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yeah HereComes you obviously know your stuff man, just be careful... at least know you have an account here you can ID everything you're the least bit unsure about instead of taking any kind of chances..

P.S. Post those 'woodland' liberty caps up when you find some, hunting in woods is a million times more dangerous than hunting on shit

--------------------
:igor: RIP :igor:

Bigger and bolder and rougher and tougher in other words sucka there is no other...
:pinkshroom: :supershroom: :mushroom2: :shroomer: :mushroom2: :supershroom: :pinkshroom:

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: undergrounder]
    #8558695 - 06/24/08 02:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well its not so much tree limbs and mulchy stuff.  Its just the tree line in the shade.  But its still coverd in crap so there not growing out of dirt or leaves or anything.  But yes i know what you mean because there are a lot more kinds under the trees than out in the open.  And about the guy saying 5 or 6 copes would put me in a trip... I tried about 6 cause thats all i could find in the start of the season.  They worked ok.  I could feel them.  But last night I ate about 20-30 average to small sized copes.  And i know they were all correct. I know what to look for now to tell the diff from the fake cope and a real one.  There were even a few cubie's comming up so i slid a couple of those down also.  And I was a level 3 or so.  But i like to be a 4 or 5 at least.

--------------------

Offlineusagolden
A Tin Can Banana

#8559651 - 06/24/08 07:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

if its blue its true

Offlineusagolden
A Tin Can Banana

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: usagolden]
    #8559676 - 06/24/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

copes grow outdoors where i am, in the flood planes where the alder trees grow. also, they grow in certain mulch piles. the ones in mulch piles produce huge crops every day--it is truely ridiculous.

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: usagolden]
    #8559693 - 06/24/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Are you talkng about Pan cyans or Psi cyna

Offlinepsilophile82
 User Gallery

#8561572 - 06/25/08 08:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HereComesTheRain said:
Well its not so much tree limbs and mulchy stuff.  Its just the tree line in the shade.  But its still coverd in crap so there not growing out of dirt or leaves or anything.  But yes i know what you mean because there are a lot more kinds under the trees than out in the open.  And about the guy saying 5 or 6 copes would put me in a trip... I tried about 6 cause thats all i could find in the start of the season.  They worked ok.  I could feel them.  But last night I ate about 20-30 average to small sized copes.  And i know they were all correct. I know what to look for now to tell the diff from the fake cope and a real one.  There were even a few cubie's comming up so i slid a couple of those down also.  And I was a level 3 or so.  But i like to be a 4 or 5 at least.

i will bet you 100 dollars that you are not consuming copes. I've been eating Florida copes regularly for 10+ Plus years, and no one I've ever met will eat 30 specimen. Pics or none of this happened. You say you know the difference between a "fake cope" and a real one. Okay so why don't you post those differences. There are hundreds of species that look similar that grow in Florida pastures. You need to post pics. What you are saying doesn't make sense.

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

#8563053 - 06/25/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well I dont have my camera and the pix i do have are on my lap top and its not up and running right now.  So i have to get it working first.  and i would bet you 500.00 that they are copes.  I ate 30 or so last night and had the most powerfull trip i have ever had.  I like to be a 5 or more.  and i took 6 or so the other night and triped off them.  So i was wrong by saying 6 would not make me trip.  I just mean that 6 would not get me where i want to go.  I peaked for about 4 hours of not knowing what world i was in.  Thats where i like to be because thats where im use to being.  When i get my camera and lap top back i will take pictures of my finds, and video myself eating every one of them to prove it. lol.

--------------------

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #8563114 - 06/25/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds to me man like you are very confused! Make sure you know what you are doing before eating mushrooms there are many mushrooms out there that can harm you, and some that can kill. I didnt read all of your post but i read enough to know you seem to be jumping in over your head a little bit. I am sure you can pic cubensis and copes and be OK but these woodland liberty caps you speak of is something i have never heard of and i have been reasearching mushrooms from a good amount of time now. Just remember better safe then sorry dont just go eating mushrooms cause someone said or you think they will get you high!

I would get some books and read up, there is lots of great information on this site and all over the web.

Be Safe and Happy Hunting!

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#8563132 - 06/25/08 03:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HereComesTheRain said:
and video myself eating every one of them to prove it. lol.

Why would we need to see this? Its not a contest to see how much someone can eat. Be careful man. Dont do anything stupid!

People like you concern me when it comes to mushrooms.

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: fliped]
    #8563618 - 06/25/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I said that because it was said that they must not have been copes.  And made a comment saying 

"i will bet you 100 dollars that you are not consuming copes. I've been eating Florida copes regularly for 10+ Plus years, and no one I've ever met will eat 30 specimen. Pics or none of this happened."

I just said i would put up pictures of what i pick. Let you see that they are copes.  Then eat them all, Because you said you dont know anyone who would eat that many or never herd of anyone doing it anyway.  As for the woodland liberty cap thing.. I dont see them much anymore.  But there are some out there.  When i go get copes and cubies I dont mess with them but have triped off them before and looked them up and worked on what they were on a nother shroom site.  But this was so long ago that i forgot the scientific name for them.. But i only remember the slang now.  And the outcome was that there was only one look alike for this one at first glance. But when you look at all the features it becomes obvious whats fake and whats not.  But because those use to be the only ones i could find thats what i use to trip off of.  Now there has been copes and cubies in the fields i now go to so thats all i take.  Them alone are enough for me.

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I don't know why they are not working!! [Re: HereComesTheRain]
    #8563799 - 06/25/08 06:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

And its not a contest of how many i can eat.  But when people think im lieing and dont know that these doses are what im use to, and have been for years and years.  I have never even been nauseous except one time from eating them.  I also look them up to see what they are if im not 100% sure.  The only mistake i made was thinking the cope allt. was active. And if the signs do not add up to 100% now that i know them all I would never eat them.  But Like i said i will get some pix of the ones i eat and put them up here at least to show how they look.  And even if i ate 100 copes.  as long as they are all edible and i dont kill my self having a bad trip which i have never seemed to want to do.  You can only induce a bad trip by eating to many...not die.  Thats what the doctors at the university are clamming in there medical books.

--------------------

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#8563845 - 06/25/08 06:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HereComesTheRain said:
I said that because it was said that they must not have been copes.  And made a comment saying 

"i will bet you 100 dollars that you are not consuming copes. I've been eating Florida copes regularly for 10+ Plus years, and no one I've ever met will eat 30 specimen. Pics or none of this happened."

I just said i would put up pictures of what i pick. Let you see that they are copes.  Then eat them all, Because you said you dont know anyone who would eat that many or never herd of anyone doing it anyway.  As for the woodland liberty cap thing.. I dont see them much anymore.  But there are some out there.  When i go get copes and cubies I dont mess with them but have triped off them before and looked them up and worked on what they were on a nother shroom site.  But this was so long ago that i forgot the scientific name for them.. But i only remember the slang now.  And the outcome was that there was only one look alike for this one at first glance. But when you look at all the features it becomes obvious whats fake and whats not.  But because those use to be the only ones i could find thats what i use to trip off of.  Now there has been copes and cubies in the fields i now go to so thats all i take.  Them alone are enough for me.

Well i dont know if it is just me or what but it seems strange that if you have been consuming this mushroom with no problem for 10 plus years and never had any issues then all of the sudden you cant tell the difference between the copes and the Panaeolus antillarum. I know these mushrooms have very comon traits but there is the one big factor the copes will always blue very easily due to there high psilocybin/psilocin content. Any seasoned mushroom hunter will be able to tell the difference very easily. That is one of the factors that makes me believe you are confused.

The next is that all the active mushrooms that grow in your area were already posted in this thread witch really is not that big of a list and you cant seem to figure out what these "woodland liberty caps" are.
Ill will post them again
Gymnopilus luteofolius
Gymnopilus luteoviridis
Gymnopilus luteus
Panaeolus cyanescens
Panaeolus fimicola
Panaeolus subbalteatus
Psilocybe caerulescens (very rare)
Psilocybe cubensis
Psilocybe mammilata
Psilocybe tampanensis (very rare)
  I am not trying to be rude at all, but it just seems to me that you are not quite positive in your ID's of the mushrooms you are picking and that you should be more carefull! You should look into these musrooms listed and see what those libs were cause i am interested to know what these random mushrooms you were eating and trippin off were.

Like i said i am just trying to make sure you are being safe and not going to do yourself any harm.

OfflineCapBouncer
Friend
Male User Gallery
Loc: Left Side Mitten
Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: fliped]
    #8564140 - 06/25/08 07:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

"I hate eating mushrooms! But the outcome is so worth it!" 

thats your quote thing, i believe there are 2 different types of mushroom people out there, people who enlighten themselves with the magic of the mushroom, and those who go to the extreme to fry with mushrooms, you are the second type of person, that type of person seems reckless to most people like fliped and I, and i dont think that anyone is out to get you, Im not anyway, but the way you treat mushrooms is a bit scary, people just want you to be safe.

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: CapBouncer]
    #8564255 - 06/25/08 08:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah i read that and was like hmmm.. no wonder these dont work.. Someone told me this year that that was just an older cope... But now i see since i have come to this site and read a lot about them i was wrong.. But i had read that they were not bad for you.. they just were not active.  So yes.. i was dumb on that part.  But im glad i did a lot of reading about copes because now I can clearly see the diff.  I have been to about 10 sites about copes and how to tell them apart.  So now i feel ok with picking them.  The reason i did not know they were active was because i always mixed them with the cubes and never notis the diff.  And i am really lucky that i did not mistake one for a killer mushroom.. But now that i have some good people to identify and some sites to go to its better to know i can know for sure.

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

#8564261 - 06/25/08 08:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

But what do you mean by being safe?  Not taking to many or making sure i have the right ones.. Im not trying to be a know it all. 4-real.  I just wanted to ask because the more you take does not mean the worse they are for you right?  or have i been mistaken?  I mean i have read a lot about them but i dont know everything.  What is bad about taking a lot to trip harder?

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #8564278 - 06/25/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

What is bad about taking a lot to trip harder?

Nothing, as long as you can handle all that enlightenment at once.

I think he was complaining that you need to ID the stuff a little better. 

But since you were eating Panaeolus its nothing to worry about.  Just don't branch out into other genra...

OfflineCapBouncer
Friend
Male User Gallery
    #8564287 - 06/25/08 08:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The reason i did not know they were active was because i always mixed them with the cubes and never notis the diff.  And i am really lucky that i did not mistake one for a killer mushroom.

Excellently put, that was just the main thing that freaked me out, as someone who had been hunting copes for 5 years and then mistakenly eaten mushrooms that werent copes is scary to me, but yes you are lucky they were nothing poisonous.  and about taking higher doses no thats fine that you like to get to higher levels of tripping, its not really practical that you could overdose on the chemicals in shrooms, as you would have to eat probably more than your stomach could hold, but you can fuck your mind, and ide say your mind is much more fragile and important than your body, nothing worse than being mind fucked for a period of time.  but yea man im glad you can properly id the look alikes, just always make sure you can id the look alikes from the real thing if you ever start hunting new mushrooms.

Have fun tripping, continue on hunting.

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

#8564481 - 06/25/08 09:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

HereComesTheRain said:
But what do you mean by being safe?  Not taking to many or making sure i have the right ones.. Im not trying to be a know it all. 4-real.  I just wanted to ask because the more you take does not mean the worse they are for you right?  or have i been mistaken?  I mean i have read a lot about them but i dont know everything.  What is bad about taking a lot to trip harder?

There is nothing wrong with taking high doses of mushrooms. When I eat mushrooms i usually eat high doses as well.

Sorry if I seemed like i was doubting you ability to pick the proper mushrooms but some of the the things you were saying seemed a bit off to me. Like Alan said though if you stay in the Pan. genre you should be fine just make sure to have a 100% ID on things before you eat them.

So just be safe!

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I dont know why they are not working!! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8564742 - 06/25/08 10:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

What is bad about taking a lot to trip harder?

Nothing, as long as you can handle all that enlightenment at once.

I think he was complaining that you need to ID the stuff a little better. 

But since you were eating Panaeolus its nothing to worry about.  Just don't branch out into other genra...

--------------------

OfflineHereComesTheRain
The Hunter
Male

Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I don't know why they are not working!! [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #8566931 - 06/26/08 01:54 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Well I am glad i came on to this site, Because I had never "just" ate those by there selves.  And i was like WTF? when they did not do anything.  But the copes and cube's I have done since the beginning and just thought the panaeolus was a nother kind of cope.  I admit i was wrong there.  Now that makes it look like i don't know wtf I'm doing. lol  But I'm not worried cause all the copes and cube's are popping out like crazy with all the rain and a little heat.  As far as taking a lot of them.. I love it.  Even the times where it starts to go in to a bad trip, I'm so use to it i know how to make it in to a good trip.  Its a real strong spiritual trip for me.  And i love to work on my music and get crazy ideas for new sounds and stuff.  or i draw crazy pictures.  Its not like i just wanna see how fucked up i can get.. I want the whole experience ya know.

--------------------

OfflineCapBouncer
Friend
Male User Gallery
Re: 5 years=worked fine, This year.....I don't know why they are not working!! [Re: HereComesTheRain]
    #8568389 - 06/26/08 07:31 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

For sure mindset is the key.

Go get those copes and cubies.

Luck

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds