Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hot Texas
Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help
    #8548920 - 06/21/08 09:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ok well to start off with this is one of those "i think im permafucked" type threads. It's long, but might be interesting to someone bored, so please read on.

All my higher dose shroom trips (i have had maybe 5, all 3.5 grams except the first which was 4) have ended in what fear and loathing quotes as "that cataclysmic introspective nightmare".  Like everything I have done has led up to that point and that I will die somehow, inevitably soon, and be forced to live my life experiencing deja-vu until the moment happens again.

Those feelings were only existant in my trips.  After the trip it was just a frightening memory, encouraging me to try hard in life.  But after my 2nd acid trip, which was maybe a month ago, and after the large amount of weed i have smoked for the past 3 or so months, it's changed.

The 2nd acid trip (the first was a week before that) was simple bad.  Absolute horror, I tripped happy, smoked a lot of weed at the very end, and suddenly was transported into this hell, because reality snapped and i saw myself getting shot in the eye, and the rest of the night was me thinking i was in hell.

In anycase that too passed, despite how scary it was.  But then, at random moments while smoking some weed, that reality break confusion feeling would return, alot of times from music scratching or someone yelling or just a weird deja-vu feeling.  I would get disoriented, and leave or demand me and my friends leave where we were.  I felt i had to get away.

That was maybe 3 weeks ago, since then i have dwindled down to not smoking at all, which was a week and a half ago, and the feelings would return with lower and lower doseages of weed.  Now, as time passes, the feelings are becoming noticable without even being high, everyday life is being affected.

I haven't left the house too much because of this fear. All i can describe it as is deja-vu, this feeling that i have experienced this before, and that I am trapped in this repeating time between about a year and a half ago and sometime soon, where my life just snaps and i jump back to my first 4 gram trip, wishing it would just stop.

So yeah, i have stopped driving with music on because it trips me into that feeling and I feel like i will crash.  I feel like the moment my life will "reset" or when i will die i guess is going to happen very soon.

Idk why im posting this other than i was wondering if anyone else gets these feelings as frequently as me.  It used to be rare, but within the last week its an everyday thing.  I'll be enjoying just living normally and all of the sudden something feels too familiar, my thoughts seem scripted, the actions that are about to happen i usually can predict like a book.

Idk what to do really...its seriously scaring the shit out of me.

Any suggestions other than tough it out?  Im not on meds, i quit drugs, and i don't drink anymore.  I am physical, bike everyday, get plenty of sleep, and have a generally carefree life. (look at my posts in the "trip report" section for individual experiences from those shroom or acid trips)

--------------------

Everything I have typed is purely fiction, and is purely for personal amusement.
All images I've posted are not mine and I am simply posting interesting things I found on the Google.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAchilles
Lost and Found
Male
Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: Kunta Kente]
    #8548961 - 06/21/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Damn man. are you going through hard tiems in life right now too other then this trippy feeling ur having? sometiems u just gotta be liek fuck it and not react to everything that comes to mind.

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: Achilles]
    #8548989 - 06/21/08 10:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

no...that's whats scary.  My life is totally normal.  I'm getting ready to go to college but i'm psyched about that.

I'm gonna be a biology major, and everything with everything i have looked at there is no cause for this.  No meds, no recent drug activity other than whats mentioned, no traumatic experiences other than the trips, and i'm alot healthier than most of my friends.

My girlfriend i told all this to last night said she thinks its just an effect from being high all the time and my body kinda re stabilizing, and while it would be nice to believe that i think that's bullshit.

It's that universal crushing, world ending, all these events are synchronized feeling i get when coming off of a hard shroom or acid trip, except i'm not high, i go from feeling totally normal to being scared and my heart racing for absolutely no reason other than deja-vu.

--------------------

Everything I have typed is purely fiction, and is purely for personal amusement.
All images I've posted are not mine and I am simply posting interesting things I found on the Google.

Offlineastronaut
ascetic aesthetic
Male

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: Achilles]
    #8548990 - 06/21/08 10:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Lay off on the drugs, get a full-time job if you don't already have one, and refind your sane perspective. Get into spirituality if you have an open enough mind.

This may or may not help, but what you're describing is a delusion pure and simple. Don't believe any of it. :smile:

--------------------
In another Time's Forgotten Space, your Eyes looked through your Mother's Face:
Wildflower Seed on the Sand and Stone, may the Four Winds blow you Safely Home!

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: astronaut]
    #8549003 - 06/21/08 10:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks guys...i really hope this shitty feeling stops.  I am really excited about the future, i can't handle going insane lmao  :puke:

--------------------

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #8549025 - 06/21/08 10:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I would suggest getting exercise and to stop taking drugs, but it sounds like you've already done that.

If your problem is with deja-vu, maybe you need a significant life change. Maybe move, or get a new job.

I really don't, BTW, think three weeks is a long enough amount of time to diagnose yourself as perma-fucked. Hell, Ive tripped once in the last six months(but a whole lot more in the six months before that :smile:) and I still see things move if I look at them for more than 20 seconds. I don't consider myself perma-fucked.

Just hang in there and try to put it out of your mind.

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

#8549042 - 06/21/08 10:33 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thanks guys...its oddly comforting to know someone else gets after effects as well.

There's going to be very significant changes soon, a vacation next month then moving into a dorm for college, so that will be a relief.

--------------------

Offlinebloodbrother778
Super Chimpanzee
    #8549096 - 06/21/08 10:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hey man let me tell you, I know exactly what you're talking about....I have  gone through this myself a little while ago.

Recently my life has changed drastically, I've had to move to a new state and start a new life, I was visiting my friends for spring break a few months ago and while there I had this crazy ass acid trip, I took acid after I was drunk, which wasn't a good idea but I didn't really think about it at the moment.  So that night I was tripping with a friend of mine and I kept getting this mental movie of how something weird was going on, I couldn't really tell what it was but I felt like it was all going to end badly for me somehow.  After the trip that feeling didn't go away, I barely went to sleep that night because I was almost convinced that somehow I was going to die in my sleep.  Then when I woke up I tried not to think about it, but every single thing was like a de javu, everything seemed to go along with my thoughts, like everything on the radio, tv, everything anyone said was the exact thing that was on my mind.  I thought I was going crazy, that lasted for like 5 whole days, ruined my spring break, I couldn't even smoke pot after that because I would keep feeling like something bad would happen, I even threw my pot out in a trash can because I felt like I was being followed by undercover cars everywhere when I was driving.  Everything felt like it was some sort of an elaborate prank and I was the center of it and everyone was in on it except for me.  I felt like if I told my friends certain things I would die, or drop out of reality completely and end up in this looped personal hell.  At some point I even told a friend of mine to stop talking because I knew what he was going to say and I though it was going to lead to my doom somehow...

The whole thing had a big lesson to teach me though, it was kind of like things that I've already known but I've kind of looked the other way and not acknowledged them, and that trip just threw it all in my face so I couldn't look away anymore.  Think about your experience, it has something important to teach you, a personal enlightenment lesson, it all relates to your first 4 gram trip, something happened on it that you haven't completely dealt with yet, and you have to figure it out or this will keep happening.  For me the whole thing was relating back to my first salvia trip that I had, and in retrospect it was because I didn't really deal with it back then.

The reason this happens is when you have such an experience you step out of reality and see the other side, and when you're on the way back you're kind of stuck in this in between space and everything in this reality tries to bring you back, that's why you see the connections between everything, you can see the pattern behind it and how you're connected to it.

So don't worry, what you saw isn't going to happen so stop thinking that it will, and you're not going crazy, don't allow those irrational thoughts to consume your brain because that's what gives them power.  But don't take this lightly, it's a very important lesson, figure out what it's trying to tell you if you haven't yet, it will be very enlightening, I felt exactly how you're feeling right now, but now I'm over it, I've learned my lesson and found out that others have had such experiences as well - you're not alone, lay off drugs for a while, meditate, and do some serious introspection and you will get through this.

Hope that helps, peace

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #8549148 - 06/21/08 11:21 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well everything has happened and is again, as is the way of the all. That's us, and we are complex and simple at the same time.

"We have to believe in our free will;
We have no choice in the matter."

Learn to laugh at it. Being in a constant deja-vu and having the power to laugh at it is supreme, man. People that know how to laugh are cool.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #8549176 - 06/21/08 11:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This kind of stuff can lead to deep soul searching. And i know its really hard but when you come out the other side you will be a better person. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

OfflineTheMan420
ShroomDust
Male

Loc: Around the world
    #8549210 - 06/21/08 11:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hey man im with you on the same boat! i ate one gram of shrooms and trip the hardest i ever did! it was bad but i stuck it out and it was my first real bad trip after that it has seemed im always tripping. (like my back will start to shake and i call it my nervous system going into shock) i cant sit around and smoke pot anymore i have to go out and smoke. if at all.
Ive taken shrooms after that bad trip and its been okay but im always afraid now when i take em or smoke weed if im going to have a reacrence of that night, so i try to think it never happened.

I know it happened for a reason and now my life has changed do to it, i feel i need to do something because of it but cant or something. its hard at times but i get oer it and it seems to work its way out.

Just remember that everything falls into place when you play your cards right.

--------------------
Find Your Mind

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: TheMan420]
    #8549345 - 06/22/08 12:52 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

bloodbrother, exactly lol.  I know i need to deal with it i just have no idea how. any time i try to accept it it just whips back except instead of just deja-vu it's the deja-vu mixed with that feeling that you're about to die.  I have no idea how to cope with it.  I think about it and just remember my future plans and that it can't be true but i still end up heart racing and sometimes a headache.

I know that first trip really fucked me up.  I mean it felt like an explosion of reality or something.  But i don't really know what it would mean to actually soul-search or meditate on it or confront it you know?  I mean i have really only thought about what happened in the trip and why, which is really like trying to explain dreams to me.

and I know what you mean, about the coming down everything feels like its in your head, but i always took that as because it just changes the way you percieve things...like, instead of this route for information it goes in a reverse way, so you actually think about something before you sense it, and thats why its familiar.

I can deal with constant deja-vu...its weird but i have been dealing with it...its when i feel exactly like im tripping for no reason and its that destruction feeling that i really can't...

so, any suggestions on what you guys do to integrate yourselves or deal with a trip?  How do you guys focus on what the trip told you? I just tripped and thought about what happened and let it be, just tried to better myself from it...i guess that's not all there is for me to find?

--------------------

OfflineTheMan420
ShroomDust
Male

Loc: Around the world
    #8549397 - 06/22/08 01:15 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I started to trip at work once and got freaked out so much i ran to the bathroom. it lasted about 15mins. i came back and they asked if i was okay and said yea. it wass more real than the trip it was pretty werid to tell you the truth. Look in to taking Xanax or something im going to when i get time to go to the docs or let my blood go clean.

That trip was about a year ago and i still remember it, i think it will always be with me as a reminder how not to do things. ITs dejavu for you but mine is that i "think" but it feels like i can read minds, when someone is looking at me and i make eye contact i can hear what there thinking and its fucking werid cuz its in there voice ive used this to help me with dealing with people and shit. the funny thing is i cant remember if it was there before the trip so it seems ive always had it?!

--------------------
Find Your Mind

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #8549415 - 06/22/08 01:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I find meditation to be vital if im having trouble dealing with things. Its because it teaches you to let go of whats bothering you and to just be. Everything becomes clear in this mind state.

Its not what happens to you which is the problem its how you react to it. The craziest thing can occur but if you can keep your mind calm and happy then its like water off a ducks back.

You can learn how to cope in very difficult situations through experiences like this. Being calm and happy is so important for survival in this crazy world.

Edited by DimensionX (06/22/08 01:26 AM)

InvisibleDebuteMachine

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: DimensionX]
    #8549525 - 06/22/08 01:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds to me like you're bored with your life and feeling depressed and suicidal. Just change some routines up, and stop doing so many drugs. No one is going to think you're a pussy for stopping. I've stopped almost permanently because of those same reasons. :smile:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: DebuteMachine]
    #8549884 - 06/22/08 05:37 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

biology major huh?

ok
stick this in your biology:

consciousness is a series of gestalt experiences:
in ordinary mental states,
as each gestalt fades a new one arises - including: sensory feeds, associative memory feeds, body feelings from memory.

in progressively psychedelic states of mind, the gestalts fade more and more slowly
(longer tetany between thalamus and cortex - for instance, possibly due to synaptic serotonin levels).

in the least degree, slightly longer fading (of sensations in the mind) provides enhanced color and sound etc. as the unfaded gestalts become layered together.
but as the fading becomes longer, the subjective experience of this layering is one of time being folded over, or of dimensions being extended.

this is where deja vu is born.

now the biologist in you should examine dreams and emotions (& meditative absorption)
to see that what they do is the natural version (internally) of what psychedelics do:
i.e. they induce more layered mental states (the fading trail of mental signals becomes extended)
- so you do not need a drug to cause a temporary drug like effect, and never did!

at this point in your life, you have tenderized yourself, you have associated a number of patterns
as triggers - like an emotional shock that transports you into a layered mental state.

It is an emotional transition.

(emotional transitions normally do cause a shift in mental state
- it is how we struggle to break the chains of conditioning - shifts in processing speed alter the knee-jerk reactions of habit.
this is an adaptive advantage that has accrued over millions of years)

as with all emotional triggers, you can overcome them by seeing them for what they are.
It takes time, and a base of tranquility and understanding.

I think you can use your interest in biology to discover what is happenning, and an interest in psychology to overcome it.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinebloodbrother778
Super Chimpanzee
Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8550691 - 06/22/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yes i know what you mean exactly about the im tripping for no reason and am about to die feeling, that's how i felt the whole time, i would try to get my mind off of it but the next moment something would happen that would bring me back to it, basically you can't just ignore it or it will come back to  haunt you eventually

mine hasn't really stopped until i understood the lessons it was trying to teach me and accepted them, don't try to force yourself to accept it, that won't work, it's the kind of deep down unconditional acceptance that you need, it will come once you understand what it was trying to teach you, maybe it's telling you that you aren't living your life the way you're supposed to or have the wrong mindset about life and if you continue this way it will all end badly for you (that's kind of what the lesson was for me anyway) do you feel like for some reason you're not living the life you want and in the future something will happen that would magically change all that? (like going off to college).

yes you need to confront the experience in order to understand it, next time you're getting those feelings try not to freak out but pay attention and see if anything that's happening is relevant in any way, it won't stop until you figure out that great personal truth, it can be hard and the whole experience is very unsettling, but once you get through it you will be a better and more enlightened being, so hang in there.

OfflineJFro
Stranger

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: bloodbrother778]
    #8551977 - 06/22/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

BloodBrother;s original post are the exact feelings I share towards this situation...It's so wild that this same kind of experience has been shared by so many people...If your bad trips were anything like mine with regards to you being at the center of this huge cosmic joke, think then, how could it be possible for other people to experience it then? I've experienced almost exactly what you've where I come to think that I am dreaming the universe into existence and I get really frustrated with people who try to talk to me, because in this 'world' talking is unnecessary due to the fact that I can read/share your mind. These trips are realllllly scary tho, to the point where if death didnt come soon enough I was just about ready to do myself in(not really, but it was getting to the degree of intensity where I just wanted my awareness turned off) The world is a weird place and as blood brother stated, you are given access behind the curtain tot he stage of life, where all the actors and actresses remove their costumes and you see things as they actually are. You pick up on the patterns the flow thru everything.And this can be terrifying. I dunno if your into McKenna, put he talks about this - when you enter into a psychedelic state, you are doing battle with your ego. It seems to me that you are right on the verge of ego-annihiliation, maybe half a gram away. Anyway, so your ego is barely holding onto its existence and as a defense mechanism its begun to get real frantic and its telling you that you are killing yourself(it, the ego) I could explain this better, I know, but I'm feeling a bit blocked. The ego is that psychological realm or aspect of your awareness that tends to fall into a scheduled/noncreative mechanized mode of operation. When it encounters an experience that psychedelics offer, it is blown off its rocker! It is such an astounding experience, it thinks its dying because everything it has held to be true has vanished! Your worldview is attacked and rearranged. Good Luck - Embrace it and Analyze It! Blood brother put it nicely, along with all the other contributors. It will pass as soon as you see it, falling comfortably into place. Lay off the substances, especially pot, as that tends to flare things up a bit and let loose!

OfflineBen18
Male

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: JFro]
    #8552011 - 06/22/08 08:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This one is easy.

You're just over thinking it. I know it sounds simple and almost ass-hole but I'm sorry its the truth. It happens to all of us druggies once in a while.
These folks are probably right.
Exercise more often.
Lay of the drugs some.
And most important don't over thing it.
Just like mecreateme said "Learn to laugh at it. Being in a constant deja-vu and having the power to laugh at it is supreme, man. People that know how to laugh are cool."

He is right, those are the cool kids in college.

Anyways hope you do better.

Invisiblelayzdapipe
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8552074 - 06/22/08 08:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I havent read all the replys but the only time Ive had trips like those are when I ate mushrooms, that I thought couldve had contams. Ever since my last one like that ive had a similar situation to what you have now. Is it not really like jumping back into a trip, but more like a change over into that mind frame to where all your thought patterns are different ways you could die, start thinking about the mushroom trip that you know is causing this, etc. I want to guess its been a year or more for me. I have had a good mushroom trip at a low dose since then too. When I get those thoughts I just tell myself, its that bad trip thats causing this paranoia, and try to forget/ignore them the best I can or when neccassary.

--------------------

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: layzdapipe] * 1
    #8555518 - 06/23/08 06:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I can't tell you how much of a help you guys have been.  Every one of you. 

Since posting this and reading the responses the scary shock-type feelings have pretty much vanished, and if i feel like they are coming on I can kinda focus myself out of it and stop myself from slipping into that loop.

I still am getting the deja-vu stuff, but it's easier to manage now.  I'm pretty surprised that just by reading these replies that it's already easier to deal with. 

Again thanks for all the help...i guess i'll keep posting my progress if anything interesting happens.

--------------------

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#8555909 - 06/23/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

to me it sounds like Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PSTD). You had a traumatic experience (felt likey you died, or were about to die) and now you are having anxiety attacks where you feel like you are re-living the trauma. That's why it seems like deja-vu.

I recommend doing a little research on PSTD and how to treat it (without medications). Eventually what you'll have to do is trip again and face your fear. Once you have another good trip, you'll feel a lot better, but be careful because it might make it worse if you cause yourself to panic. Definitely wait a long while before you try this though.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Offlineraceandsmoke
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8556001 - 06/23/08 08:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

your alright man, i been there, the first high dose trip(6g) i had was also my first panic attack. this led to me freaking out and having the worst trip or even the worse moment of my life. the following weeks allot of sounds,smells,sights would trigger anxiety. eventually i got over this and tripped again,i faced my fear, broke-through, seen god and been loving life ever since. just stay active to pass the time and try again in the future.

OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: raceandsmoke]
    #8556529 - 06/23/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I think the first trip expanded your mind and brought you out of the box. Like someone said you get anxious when you think about it feeding your own fire making the problem worse.

I don't think you need to do soul searching, you just need to realize that you are living in the present and the possibility of dying is very real, at every second, at any given time. I don't think you are having "constant" Deja Vu, and "Premonitions", rather anxiety which is the familiar feeling.

There is also plenty of anxiety coming up on a trip, maybe that is why you feel like your "tripping" again.

As for Deja Vu

The idea of past and future is directly related to the 4th dimension time. While there is no real thing as "time" there is the "event" that keeps point a and b apart in thee 4th dimension of time. Exactly how length width and depth work in the 3rd dimension. As a human we see into this 4th dimension from beginning to end, when in reality there is no such thing.

It is already proven that our subconscious brain is ahead of our conscious brain as far as time goes.I believe Deja Vu is  just your brain "hiccuping" and you get that, oh so familiar feeling because you have already in fact been there.

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

#8556789 - 06/24/08 12:26 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Kunta Kente said:It's that universal crushing, world ending, all these events are synchronized feeling i get when coming off of a hard shroom or acid trip, except i'm not high, i go from feeling totally normal to being scared and my heart racing for absolutely no reason other than deja-vu.

I've gotten it before...don't worry, you're worrying too much.

Just chill out. Keep on eating healthy, getting some exercise, don't trip real often. Maybe cut down on smoking somewhat, too. It sounds like you're just still caught up in a loop with your previous trip...it'll tumble over and then you can continue.

Quote:

I recommend doing a little research on PSTD and how to treat it (without medications). Eventually what you'll have to do is trip again and face your fear. Once you have another good trip, you'll feel a lot better, but be careful because it might make it worse if you cause yourself to panic. Definitely wait a long while before you try this though.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Edited by tyler_0_durden (06/24/08 12:27 AM)

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: layzdapipe]
    #8556882 - 06/24/08 01:08 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i didn't read the respones, but i've had major deja vu that was not negative.

after awhile i learned to change whatever was causing the moment to repeat itself.

if you know someone is about to say a particular sentence, say it first, or just say something different.
if things start to look familar and you don't like it, do something different.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlinebloodbrother778
Super Chimpanzee
Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8556941 - 06/24/08 01:45 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well then perhaps you just needed to know that you're not alone in this and this happens to others, that's definitely something that lifted a lot of the weight off my shoulders when i was going through mine, however i still suggest you look for that personal lesson in your experience, when you find it you will see how the whole experience is really positive because it will help you become a better person.

Offlineblackclw
on the way to the Red Queen

#8557827 - 06/24/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

About 3 years ago I was experimenting a bit with drugs every two weeks. I once took too much mushrooms and a wrong time..I`ve had a bad trip which left my mind f**ked up for a few months.

I got a couple of flashbacks that scared shit out of me. Suddenly from nowhere I`d get this anxiety attacks and it seemed to me that everything is out of normal perspective, I started to sweat and stuff. That was bad. This isn`t like I had it daily but occasionaly from time to time. I once went to bed and closed my eyes. Wanting to sleep, but then out of nowhere I saw a dark road and it was zooming in really fast, I saw little girl (like one from The Ring movie), and then that LOUD high pitch scream this was so f***d up, heart beat was increased to max, sweating. I said wtf, I had a feeling that my closet is really staring at me, and everytime I looked it got a little bit diffirent perspective. I said to myself, that because I don`t respect drugs and their power and use them stupidly without purpuse. I didn`t know what to do, so I accepted this flashbacks. I wasn`t trying to force that feeling out of me anymore. It was better then, flashbacks stopped and I am same as I was before (I think:cool:). I respect mushrooms, because they really have godly power. Use them wisely:mushroom2:

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: blackclw]
    #8558753 - 06/24/08 03:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

haha this is alot of stuff to try to cope with...

sofar we have that i need to meditate or seriously concentrate and think about the trips, i need to go with the attacks and just realize that they are a part of the trip i am remembering and it will be ok, and what else?

Like what blackclw said i understand, but saying "accept the flashbacks" or "i wasn't trying to force the feeling out" is pretty specific but at the same time general yah know...its hard to know exactly how to deal with it.  Should i just wait and live life and if i get more feelings or anxiety attacks just remember why?  I have been trying to do that but it's still "off" feeling, especially the radio or music or television.  I normally just change the channel but it's still spooky.

I guess living life normally is all i can do, im just trying for an answer like "sit for awhile and think hard about what you saw and try to relate it to your attacks" or something

edit: sorry if i sound like a broken record, its just weird that i'm getting all this feedback and answers but that there isn't a solution, even though and i know there isn't "one" solution that's just going to fix the problem.  And I'm not depressed or suicidal, just thinking day to day i wonder whats going to happen the next.

--------------------

Edited by Kunta Kente (06/24/08 03:22 PM)

Offlineblackclw
on the way to the Red Queen

#8559354 - 06/24/08 06:17 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It`s hard to give some specific instructions that would work for you. By this I mean that it can be very diffirent from person to person. How long is this happening to you?

Invisiblemakohaze
fellow shroomer
Male

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: layzdapipe]
    #8559818 - 06/24/08 08:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

crazy man, same thing happens to me. well a little diff.the second time i ever tripped on acid i had his strange feeling that came over me like a constant state of deja vu.it felt as if every thing had been scripted out. and everyone could read my thoughts. well i woke the next morning to a weird feeling remembering this. and for months after that the best way to explain it would be to say i felt as if i was Truman from that movie Truman show. since i was like 13 ive had crazy deja vu like at least 3 times a week i felt as if this situation has happend b4.then the icing on the cake i was rolling a couple months ago and my friend was tripping and i had this crazy song suck in my head as i was singing it(IN MY HEAD I STRESS) he sings the same words at the same tame.i freak out and he seys "i was trying to think what you were thinking".so at random times things happen like this and my mind convinces me that im stuck in this "tv" show and noone can tell me. 3 or 4 months ago i told my self this was soo stupid and didnt think about it any more, this worked for a month and now even if not on any drugs i get this feeling. think i might go crazy from it:confused:

Invisiblemakohaze
fellow shroomer
Male

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: makohaze]
    #8559929 - 06/24/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

sorry about posting twice in a row but,
my best advise is to just not think about it and tell yourself that it is stupid.also hearing all these people post their experiences will help you, i no just reading all the people that have similar thing happen to them make me feel better/its all in my head.

Offlinebloodbrother778
Super Chimpanzee
    #8560166 - 06/24/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The thing is that the panic attacks and the de javu aren't that meaningful, concentrate on your first trip, that's where the lesson is, think real hard about it, it has a lesson that you haven't learned, something that it was trying to teach you but perhaps you looked away from, that's why the subsequent trips were all taking you back to that first one, it has something important that your subconscious wants you to understand, maybe if you describe that trip to me in detail I could try to help you figure out what the lesson is, but it won't be very meaningful coming from me, it's all about figuring it out for yourself, and when you do you'll know because it will be a huge light bulb moment, that's what you have to do.  Also stop looking at it as a bad trip or something that "really messed you up", don't wish that you haven't had the experience at all, because once you learn that lesson you won't trade it for the world.  Don't really try to force it either, if you can't figure it out yet maybe it's not time for you to do so, it will come back to you in the future when you are ready.

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

#8560292 - 06/24/08 10:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

lol damn makohaze we recently watched the truman show in english before school let out, i gotta tell you today i was thinking of this weird conversation with my dad while spacing out mowing that was something like "cut the bullshit, i know my life is exactly like the truman show".  That's weird that you posted about it.

It's starting to come in waves...like i'll be fine for awhile, then get the feeling, then it goes away.

I have posted trip reports for i think all of my trips that were above 3 grams...there were a few 2 grammers that were just fun and were like smoking alot of weed.
Here's the trip report for the first shroom trip.  The first and second shroom trip and the last (out of 2) acid trip were really the most significant ones. The second shroom definitely went back to explore where the first left off, and the acid trip was a beast of its own. This is the acid trip report.

There are some repeating elements in there but they are pretty unknown in origin besides the fact that getting randomly shot in the face by a crazy guy is a possibility for me.  But i have since dropped any fake friends and worked on friendships and trust with the ones that actually care.  I can't put my finger on any notable thing i need to come to terms with, the obvious stuff outlined in my trip is kind-of a "oh i need to open up and be more understanding" thing, which again i have worked on.

--------------------

OfflineBend the Bong
replace concrete with trees

#8560702 - 06/25/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

powerful substances we meddle with produce some pretty mind altering things....the mushroom seems to always bring a serious tone...I don't know how people have fun on mushrooms...you might see things and things resonate in your head, maybe your life is repetitive and the mushroom is pointing that out??

I don't know

--------------------
Behind Closed Eyelids

Invisiblemakohaze
fellow shroomer
Male

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: Bend the Bong]
    #8562422 - 06/25/08 12:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thats crazy man. yea its just like that it comes in waves, ill be sitting somewhere in a random place and boom a lil thought will come in my head and it just gets more and more intense to were i get embarrassed about something even. then ill think about what im thinking about and tell myself it stupid and it wont happen again till another random time.

that suck about the hole getting shot in the face that would def scare me if i was tripping. my friend tripped with me his 1st time and we drank alotta koolaid! well he drank too much and smoked a pack of black n milds in like an hour and puked. after this he was FREAKING OUT he had the worst tripp ive ever seen anyone have! long story short he will never tripp again but i say he should try it again and try and concur his fear but hes really really scared to tripp again.i told him what happened to me and he said something kindda like that happened him.

so im pretty sure we arnt crazy and its the shrooms fucking with our head. its just a lil hard to convince yourself that sometimes.

Offlinebloodbrother778
Super Chimpanzee
    #8564324 - 06/25/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ok the thing I'm getting from your mushroom trips is that you need to respect these substances more....what's the reason you use them? It's not all fun and games as you obviously found out.
Taking the mushrooms at a party or around strangers or while drinking are all examples of things you shouldn't do.  You have to understand that you need to develop a relationship with these substances, you have to respect and trust them and they will be good to you.

The thing about you going to hell might mean that you feel guilty about taking "drugs" either because you're doing something "illegal" or because you're letting your parents down by doing something they do not approve of.  Either way you can reason through it, the illegal thing is just bullshit since cigarettes and alcohol are legal and they cause like 30 times more deaths than all illegal drugs combined, while psychedelics cause almost none of those.  If it's the parents thing they probably have the mentality that "all drugs are bad" which just comes from propaganda and misinformation by the government, psychedelics are the safest drugs physically and they aren't addictive, and our bodies make DMT naturally when we dream, so everyone trips whether they like it or not.  So if you are feeling guilty about taking "drugs" you need to realize that there's just no reason to be.

Also try to think of what happened during your trips in a metaphoric sense, like the you messing up your face thing might parallel how you couldn't socialize with anyone at the party because they were all in a different state of mind.

The thing from your acid trip might be that you need to respect the beliefs of others more, it seems like you tricking your girlfriend into using a white lighter was what started it all.  When other people genuinely believe something you have to respect it because they have a reason for believing what they do and you don't know what that reason is, it doesn't matter if the belief is silly as long as it's genuine.  I respect genuine beliefs even if I don't agree with them because those beliefs accomplish the same thing for that person that my understanding does for me.  When people are fake about their beliefs though you don't have to respect that at all, and you shouldn't, and sadly most people fall into this category.

One more thing, try to let go of fear, I still have a problem with this as well but I'm working on it.  The thing is fear helped us survive as primates, however in this day and age we don't have that much use for fear anymore, and most of it is irrational, it's pointless to fear death because it will happen eventually and it is out of your control.  Fear would help you run away from a bear or a person with a knife or something, but I mean what rational person wouldn't do that?  Fear isn't really required for that, so try to work on eliminating your fears, meditation can be a good tool for that.

Hopefully some of that helps.

OfflineButterfree
Stranger
    #28310405 - 05/07/23 02:59 PM (10 months, 16 days ago)

Hello! I know this post was 15 years ago, but I would love a reply if you could. Your post sounds like the exact same experience I went through, all the way down to "getting shot," "scripted life," "living in hell near the end of the trip," and "record scratching." So I wont describe my trip, I'll just describe what's going on now. I'll go out with my friends and notice that when I'm with them, the environments give me that "deja vu" feeling. I also get that feeling when I post a picture online, and then I'll look back at it and start sweating because "I could've sworn I've posted this before," even though it's my first time posting it. Or, I like to watch YouTube, and the thumbnail for certain videos looks familiar, even though it was posted the day I saw it. It's freaking me out and sometimes it's hard to enjoy everyday life because of it. It's a little better than before (I had this trip in January 2023), because before, I was checking and checking the doors to make sure they were locked, looking outside to make sure "there was nobody stalking and waiting to kill me," and if I did go out, I was always scared to come home.

It's been a couple months and I'm hoping I recover... so my whole point is: how did you get over it if you did? How long did it take, and what did you do? Because I'm staring to have thoughts like, "If I ran my car into a ditch, I would get in trouble, right? I wouldn't have a car anymore, right? If I stabbed a random person in the street, I would go to jail, right?" Of course, I would never do something like that. But sometimes I struggle with believing that my life is real. Thank you so much for answering if you can!

OfflineKunta Kente
BroBot 9k
Male User Gallery

Re: Deja-vu is killing me, long post but please help [Re: Butterfree]
    #28315436 - 05/11/23 08:47 AM (10 months, 12 days ago)

Timely post as I just came back to this forum after the aforementioned 15 years.

You'll have to just take my words as an experience vs well regarded article as there are many factors to mental health.

I'll say from experience working in a hospital, the blanket summary for my post-trip experience, as well as yours, is simply panic attack. Be it PTSD, anxiety disorder, panic attack / disorder. Feeling of doom, fast heart rate, sweating, deja vu. It's all hallmark panic attack to blanket statment it. Shit sucks at the moment, but in college I learned coping mechanisms. Also, I have found I am naturally a high anxiety state individual. Personally I am introspective and have racing thoughts. Day to day it's fine, but music in the car with highway hypnosis and such can lead to different brainwaves and all, which in college easily triggered panic. I go through stints of listening to music all the time to driving in silence for a few weeks.

Key to recovering, despite the extremely vivid experience in the moment of an attack, is understanding that you took a substance, had a reaction, and now you are remembering it. By that I mean that no, you aren't tripping or anything like that again, but extreme anxiety state is close enough without the hallucinations. It doesn't help in the initial moment I 100% know, especially right when it comes on randomly. I go through bouts about once a year of a few panic attacks, after which I again go a year without any. I occasionally start myself back on SSRIs (again, I work in a hospital, I have plenty of Escitalopram at my disposal), which does help in those periods.

I will say a few things. One, see a psychiatrist to help determine if pre / post you have issues with anxiety. You might not have and maybe this triggered it, or you did and this exacerbated it. But repeated episodes like ours regardless of label are clear panic attacks. These are usually anxious episodes with perhaps nebulous triggers. Or they can be a result of high stress life. Both can likely benefit from SSRI (I like escitalopram, it's more focused towards anxiety moreso than depression), for regular management, as well as having a VERY close mg or 2 of Lorazepam (Ativan), or similar benzo. Literally in college I kept a little metal container on my keys that had two 1mg pills of Ativan at all times. If I had even and inkling of panic attack it gave me extreme comfort knowing I could take it at any time. Often I could hold out a minute or two and not even have to take it as it does make you drowsy.

When I had frequent attacks, it always brought me calm knowing I could rely on the benzo for relief in 15-30 minutes sublingual. Granted the attack never lasted that long in the first place, but the act of having a rescue and taking it was very helpful. With that in your arsenal, noticing triggers, that they were triggers, and catching those thought-pitfalls was helpful.

I'll tell you, before shrooms I smoked weed constantly. I tried again in the 1-2 years afterwards, albeit lightly, and always had massive anxiety and mild hallucinations that I had never had before. I don't smoke anymore. It immediately triggers panic.

Soon I plan to try low dose shrooms, then medium dose, and then settle to microdose in the coming months, for general mental health, but always with at least 2mg benzo at my side as a rescue abort.

I'll post more if you'd like. I certainly went through some intense shit back in the day, and I don't just mean tripping and stuff; I've had quite a bit actual real shit happen in the years since. But so goes it with ego-liquefying amounts in an unknowingly anxious mind.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies