Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEifersucht
Stranger
Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home?
    #3339048 - 11/09/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Basically here it is. I'm looking to try shrooms again, and would like to do them in the comfort of my bedroom. The thing is, my parents would most likely be home, and I'm wondering if it would be advisable to consume 3.5 grams in this type of situation.

Obviously I would ingest them late at night, or even a bit earlier, so that I wouldn't start peaking until long after they went to bed. Now, once my parents go to bed, I don't see them for the rest of the night, I usually watch tv, play xbox, even play my guitar, which I'm sure they can hear, but they don't care. So I'm not really worried about bumping into them or anything like that.

Basically, I'm just wondering if I would still be able to control myself to the point that I wouldn't lose my mind and make enough noise to wake my parents up.

I'll give you a quick drug history to give you a better idea of what I'm used to. I've been smoking marijuana for about 1.5 years and consider myself very experienced with it. Alot of people seeem to have a lot of problems with MJ causing anxiety and paranoia, but it doesn't really bother me much. I have no problems interacting with my parents high, or driving a car.

I've tried salvia divinorum 3 times, and for whatever reason, I don't get any effects from it, even though I'm doing the exact same thing as my friends. It's a little dissapointing watching them launch into the stratoshpere while nothing happens to me.

I've become accustomed to DXM and have no problems enjoying that in the comfort of my bedroom. The most I have tried with it is 240mg, so obviously I haven't reached the higher plateu's though I have experienced robowalk and flanging of the visual field. I feel perfectly comfortable in my bedroom and don't mind interacting with my parents on it at all.

I tried mushrooms once before at a friend's house, I had bought 10 grams to split with a friend, though alot of it was shake. We each took 2 gravity hits off some really nice pot, and settled down to eat the shrooms in his living room (his apartment, we were alone). I was pretty blown away from the pot as my tolerance was quite low, so I don't remember how many caps I ate. I do remember leaving as soon as his girlfriend came home because she was giving some serious bad vibes (obviously not happy about our little shroom party).

After I left, I ate all of the shake, and smoked a few bowls of pot. I ended up driving around town for the next 6 hours, smoking pot intermittently. There's plenty of remote areas in my town and I ended up driving up a mountain road with fog closing in all around me so that I could barely see in front of my car. The only thing I could see was the tree's lining the mountain road. I remember there was a break in the embankment and you could see the entire city below, wrapped in the fog. I remember having to stop and get out of my car to look at it, because it was the most beautiful thing in the world. I couldn't get over how beautiful nature looked. It was awesome.

Obviously I don't think I was really shrooming, as I was still able to operate a vehicle. Though I definitely felt way more than stoned, and my pupils were dilated. I felt a general mindfuck, though I had no visuals, though colors were richer, and everything looked wonderful.

I realize this was rather long but I wanted people to get a general idea of what I've experienced, so that they might be able to give me a bit more informed advice.

So basically my plan is:

Eat 3.5 grams at around 10:00 P.M.
My parents usually go to bed around this time
Go in my room, play guitar, xbox, watch TV.

Do you think I will have problems in my room by myself? I don't mind tripping hard, I've just never experienced full on visuals, so I don't want it to be to the point that I forget where I am, or can't recognize anything and end up making a crapload of noise or wandering the house like a crazy man. If it get's too crazy, I can always get in my bed and pretend like I'm sleeping and listen to some music, if my parents came in, they wouldn't think anything different.

So whaddya think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblereflectedlight
in town untilthe blood flows
 User Gallery

Loc: aether
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: Eifersucht]
    #3339139 - 11/09/04 09:03 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You might not like being couped up. If I were you Id try to day trip when they are at work. Then you can go outside, walk around, do whatever without a thought to them. I tripped once at night and my parents came home while I was on the way up. At first I was kind of scared, but i had some epiphany, laughed and forgot about them.

--------------------
at this point i think we can be relatively certain seperation exists as a fallacy of finite perception, and the only barrier to infinite creativity is a preimposed notion of certainty and artificial conditioning. nothing is without origin

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #3339201 - 11/09/04 09:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

hey, since you told us a little story, ill tell you one too and maybe it helps you make your decision:

The first time I tried shrooms was with my friend alone in my house, I ate 2.5 grams and it was an amazing experience, but it also had it's down side. I remember feeling very depressed during the comedown because I started thinking about my life and my character and outlook on life, and in that sense the trip had opened my eyes to my shortcomings. I had about 1.5g left over, and I was anxious to try it again. Thinking it was only 1.5g, I decided to do it in my bedroom at night, after my mom went to sleep. I won't go into the details, but it was NOT a good trip, it was one of the worst experiences in my life, I thought I went insane with disturbing thought loops going back and forth through my mind, I thought I would stay that way permenantly and become scared. I couldn't believe that 1.5g could hit me that hard. I found my room to be unbearable, I wanted to be anywhere but there, but i was scared to leave the house thinking my mom would hear me leave and question me the next morning why I left the house in the middle of the night. I walked about my house for a little while but fortunately I didn't make any loud noises to wake her up. 

The point to my story is that I thought I would be able to handle a low dose trip after tripping on 2.5g a few days earlier. Having my mom in the house didn't make me trip bad or anything, but it made it difficult to get OUT of a bad trip, I just wanted to leave the house without worrying, i wanted to walk around my house for a bit, but I didn't feel I could act normal if my mom happened to get up.

Now what yer saying is that you want to do 3.5g, I have done this dosage before and I'll tell you it's nothing like you think it's going to be like. I remember blurting out 'oh my god!' every few seconds while muttering to myself about the universe and how everything is connected, how beautiful everything is, etc etc. the usual shroom stuff  :wink:  My suggestion is that you hold off with the shroom trip and wait until your setting is more comfortable. I think shrooming is about letting yourself go, put yourself in a environment when you don't have to think twice if you wanna yell out "man this is awesome!" at the top of your lungs, or if u wanna jam on your guitar at a high volume :thumbup:

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
    #3339610 - 11/10/04 12:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

OK lets get this straight.

You were driving on mushrooms? Maybe you shouldn't do it around your parents if you don't have enough self control not to drive while on them.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: tomk]
    #3339619 - 11/10/04 12:14 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I consider myself a very responsable shroomer, and yet I have driven on them. After a very wierd two minute drive, I found myself the closest parking lot and listened to music until I came down though.

Although at the time it was alot better than being in front of the police, and I wasn't about to sit in my car, across the street from a party thats getting rolled on.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3339696 - 11/10/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Is it wise? Well no...

Could you do it? Most likely.

I doubt you'll think you're somewhere else or freak out or anything. But you'll probably start rolling around looking at the carpet in all it's glory and laughing as hard as you possibly can. So if you think your parents would come check on you when you're laughing for 6 hours straight than maybe it's not something you should do.

--------------------
]

Offlinevc77
incarnate
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW US
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: Wysefool]
    #3339713 - 11/10/04 12:36 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Nah, 3.5 grams usually puts me in my place... And I'm so out there to even laugh. I usually only get the giggle fits, if I am with another friend who is tripping, and we are on a low dose just grillin the fuck out talkin' about stupid shit.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3340421 - 11/10/04 06:56 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

There is only one other person that knows that I trip, and we see each other only about 2X a year. I trip all the time around other people. When I was younger I used to trip on acid a lot and didn't particularly like to be around my parents when I'd do it. I knew they wouldn't figure me out, but I was paranoid nonetheless. So, it didn't make for the best atmosphere for tripping. However, if they're asleep and used to you staying up late playing games and shit and ain't gonna bug you, have at it. If you start freaking out, go climb in bed, curl up, and enjoy the visuals with headphones and some loud music. That always does it for me.

OfflineSilven
Male

Loc: El Mexicano
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: Supernova]
    #3340435 - 11/10/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm with Supernova on this.  I think it's perfectly fine and I had done it before as well.

I wish that I could get the intense feelings you all seem to get on 3.5 gram doses.. I just can't do it.  All the mental stimulation.. that shit never comes for me anymore.  I wrote earlier I'm trying a 150 wet gram dose now, but am considering dropping it to a 100 gram fresh.

Eifersucht, good luck with your trip man and be sure to let us know how it all went, we like to hear that kinda stuff :smile:

--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: Silven]
    #3340512 - 11/10/04 07:45 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Hey Silven, go for it but be ready for a MINDFUCK. I usually dose 3.5 dry or 30-40 wet. I did 80 wet once.........The most interesting ego loss ever. I met my subconscious, yea weird stuff, but the most awesome vision of me and the earth as two drops falling into an endless sea.

Do it.

And for original poster, i trip at home with the foks asleep every once in a while. But i have an easy way out of the house if things get hariy. My parents are also dead when they sleep, sooooo. Maby dose low, 2g or so see what vibes are about and decide what to do next time.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

OfflineEifersucht
Stranger
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #3340586 - 11/10/04 08:21 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Well, if I end up trying it, I might try a lower dose. Maybe 2.5 grams. I won't be able to aquire the shrooms for maybe a week or so as I am strapped for cash. I'll definitely let you guys know how everything goes!

OfflineDan258
Stranger

#8546849 - 06/21/08 09:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I have done this before, it was a fun trip. I ate a steak dinner my mom made about 8 PM, they had some friends over but I was just 2 anxious. So right after I finished eating in my room about 9, still had people over lol, I downed my shrooms...It had been almost 2 hours...Nothing. I got super upset that I wasn't going to trip or anything. I put my head in my hands for like 5 minutes, looked up at my wall, and started to see my desk wall (its a mixture of bright and dark gold colors mashed together) starting to glow..I noticed some nice patterns.  I told myself I better get fucking happy or else i'm gonna have a bad trip. So at this point I knew I was gonna trip and got so excited. Within the next 15 minutes, I was tripping hard. I sat in my room for a while tripping with music on, it was great. I got this urge though just to go outside and run around though. I went downstairs at like 12:30 and just walked out the door. Even though it was pitch black out, it seemed almost daytime during the night. I thought it was going to be too scary or something and give me a bad trip cause it was dark or whatever, being alone outside in the woods. But I just went into my woods and walked for a while...

It was a great trip, I could have stayed in my room, but you may feel urged just to leave.

OfflineJohnBlaze
CriminalMastermind.
 User Gallery

Loc: dela-where?
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: Dan258]
    #8547051 - 06/21/08 10:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

done it 100,000 times, u should be able to access outdoors

--------------------
In The End Revenge Sends Zen to the Defendent.- 311

Today, a young man on acid realized
That all matter is simply energy condensed
and slowed to a low vibration
That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself
and there is no death
That life is only an illusion created in the
imagination of ourselves.

Offlineflower_child
Dawson
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: JohnBlaze]
    #8547166 - 06/21/08 10:59 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I've done it a few times. Even had a bad trip with my parents awake down the hall watching TV as fear crushed me like a tidal wave. Never had any problems.

Tripped on a couple of grams in my room during the day with two friends while both my parents were home. We were going to trip in the woods, but it started snowing so we went to my house and stayed in my room.
At one point, I had to talk to my mom but I handled it fine.

Granted, my parents were cool with the shit. But I was still uncomfortable being around them while on it. But as far as tripping while they were asleep right down the hall, I never did anything to make them come see what was happening and they'd never know when I was tripping, for whatever that's worth.

--------------------
Today while walking up the stairs
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh how I wish he'd stay away

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: flower_child]
    #8547422 - 06/21/08 12:29 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you'll be fine. make an atmosphere in your room for the experience and get it all planned out.

I used to trip all the time when I lived with my parents. I would always take a jug of ice water into my room so I wouldnt have to make noise in the kitchen.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Offlineeulogysense12
MushieMasher
Male

#8547445 - 06/21/08 12:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well dam those one shrooms you ate didnt trip you out? I did 3.5 my first time and they were hella good cubensis and trust me you couldnt drive or interact with people unless your really experienced. But i think  youd be safe i tripped hella good LSD (4 hits) and was TRIPPING and my parents never found out and they sound exactly like yours. I also tripped hella good shrooms and they didnt find out. Just be kinda quiet and dont act like a madman but i did feel very couped up like i was restricted.

--------------------

OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: eulogysense12]
    #8547653 - 06/21/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

my first lsd experience was in my room as my mother slept. It was wonderful. I went downstairs and chilled with my younger sister. As she read, I marvelled at the woodgrain on the countertop dancing a beautiful cosmic harmony. Very nice experience! I wish you the best! :tripping:

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

OfflineWeedyWonka
Pirate Kitten
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: MokshaIs]
    #8547696 - 06/21/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I once came home for summer vacation and one night I was tripping balls then my parents were wanting to see me since I hadnt been home in about 6 months. I went home and said I didn't feel good and ran up to my room. I thought they were spying on me while I was in my room. It was so awkward. It made for a bad trip because I wasn't used to being home in my room.

I am a day tripper more than a night tripper the way the sun hits the world is beautiful.

OfflineChronicss
Stranger
Male

Loc: central cali
Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: reflectedlight]
    #8547812 - 06/21/08 03:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I think you would have to take a lot more than 3.5 grams to get crazy visuals.  I've taken lots of eights and I've never had any visuals beyond mild color changes and pattern shifting, and that's only with exceptional ones. My mind feels so open and expansive though, that's what I like about them.

Just so you know, when you are on shrooms you are likely not going to want to play xbox or watch t.v.. I think these things are just frustrating when your shrooming.

You will want to talk to friends, wander outside in nature, or listen to music imo.

Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

Re: Is it wise to shroom at night when my parents are home? [Re: Chronicss]
    #8547815 - 06/21/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Eat 5 grams and party!

Jk, 3.5 could probably be intense if you are alone

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order