Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: Chemy]
    #8556302 - 06/23/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
The people that are responsible for all those heinous acts and worldwide "genocide" are English, German, Spanish and Portugese CHRISTIANS.

there wasnt much else other than jews (responsible for most of the slave trade) in europe at the time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8556310 - 06/23/08 09:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

So, according to your statement, my statement blaming a theology is just as stupid and ignorant as blaming a race, right? If so you would be correct.

I am white and of European and Middle East descent, I hate even the thought of genocide and slavery, saying white people are to blame for those heinous acts is saying I am to blame, and that is ludicrous, stupid and downright retarded.

I would never kill an innocent human being not for any amount of money or power, and no I don't believe in an afterlife so it's not because I don't want to go to hell, it's because I respect life and freedom.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#8557622 - 06/24/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Nice play on words, Western Culture, which in essence, is referring to white people.

No. I'm very clear that it is the CULTURE that is to blame, and that the white people are the originators and propagators of this culture.

I am very clear in that post where I put the blame. The culture, not the people, and even state you can condemn a culture but not its people - as people are people.

Quote:

Look I don't know you, I don't know if you've killed people because of their race, because I am led to believe that since you feel you are to blame for genocide and slavery, you must have killed or enslaved because of a racial motivation.

Thats just you twisting up my words.

Are Americans to blame for the atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Are Germans to blame for the Holocaust?

No, but fact of the matter is that it originated among them, and that some of them in fact WERE responsible.

Quote:

You made a racist comment Wiccan

I did not! Go ahead, quote the passage you think is racist.

Quote:

that's OK because it was directed at a socially acceptable target.

Thats bullshit. I don';t live in America with all its cultural quirks regarding to race.

Here in Europe we have no affirmative action, no political correctness cynics and Spanish and Portugese are white people too. Don't superimpose your cultural beliefs and taboos over mine.

Quote:

Calling me a murderer or genocidal land stealer

Quotes or it didnt happen.

Quote:

I'd be triple fucking banned and my door kicked in by Geokills while Suess knocks all my teeth out with a hammer, yea fuck that.

Ever heard about emotional reasoning?

I think your problem is that you do feel some racial guilt here and that you try to get out of it by attacking me.

The abomination I speak of is Western Culture with all of its pillaging and environmental unsustainability. It is a many-tentacled monster squeezing the life and resources out of the planet. And it originated in Europe, among white people. White people spread it like wildfire destroying any culture that lived in a harmonic balance with nature in its path with its unsustainable and ever increasing hunger for more, more, more.

Now we are in a time period where there IS no more, and the culture's hunger for more is greatest ever.

The culture is to blame. The culture started among white people, was spread like wildfire by white people, and is still controlled by white people. Think of that what you will, but those are facts.

If you feel bad about it racially, then thats your racial thinking. I'm just stating fact here.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: Asante]
    #8557681 - 06/24/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Ok, if you say that's not what you meant then I retract any derogatory statement.

IIRC in your previous post you stated that "we" were to blame for the atrocities perpetuated by whites in the past, which I correlate with slavery, genocide of native North Americans, European Jews, Mexicans.

I take offense because of the value I place on human life and freedom, for human beings (once a person commits a murder, rape, etc. they invalidate their existence as a human being IMHO), so in essence if I felt offended by this.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

OfflineTheHappieHippies
Uber-Goober
Female User Gallery

#8557749 - 06/24/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Here's a relevant question. Is it okay for our culture to force women to keep their breasts covered? In many cultures around the world women walk around bare-chested, with no problem. Isn't the law requiring us to cover our breasts in public here just as wrong?

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #8557759 - 06/24/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Which law is that?  "Public decency" laws are usually city ordinances, and will include language which differentiates between nudity and lewd nudity.  In my town, it is legal to be naked as long as your behavior is not lewd.  If you are mowing your lawn while naked, your neighbors may complain, but the police won't write you a citation.

*More info found (thanks Wiki!):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indecent_exposure#Legal_Status_in_the_United_States

State statutes define what is considered "indecent," so the legal status of public nudity varies by state.

The social stigma around public nudity is the real issue, IMO.  This was challenged during the big blow out around women breastfeeding in public.  Restaurant and store managers were telling mothers that they could not nurse their babies on the premises, and they caught holy hell for it.

Edited by Veritas (06/24/08 10:02 AM)

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: TheHappieHippies]
    #8557765 - 06/24/08 09:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheHappieHippies said:
Isn't the law requiring us to cover our breasts in public here just as wrong?

Yes it is.:yesnod:
Pm me the pics of your rebelion.:naughty:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

#8557769 - 06/24/08 09:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheHappieHippies said:
Here's a relevant question. Is it okay for our culture to force women to keep their breasts covered? In many cultures around the world women walk around bare-chested, with no problem. Isn't the law requiring us to cover our breasts in public here just as wrong?

IMO that is a sexist moralist busybody law that requires women to cover their breasts or face imprisonment, while a man can walk bare chested and not even face a fine.

I remember a few years back a controversy over public feeding of newborns, that also is another case of moralist busybodies imposing their morals on others and I am damn opposed, damn, damn opposed.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: Veritas]
    #8557775 - 06/24/08 09:58 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
Which law is that?  "Public decency" laws are usually city ordinances, and will include language which differentiates between nudity and lewd nudity.  In my town, it is legal to be naked as long as your behavior is not lewd.  If you are mowing your lawn while naked, your neighbors may complain, but the police won't write you a citation.

The social stigma around public nudity is the real issue, IMO.  This was challenged during the big blow out around women breastfeeding in public.  Restaurant and store managers were telling mothers that they could not nurse their babies on the premises, and they caught holy hell for it.

A woman that exposes her breasts in public is considered the same offense as a man that exposes his genitals in public, it's called a L/L offense, lewd & lascivious.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8557779 - 06/24/08 09:59 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've never understood how anyone could possibly rationalize banning breastfeeding. What could possibly be more natural and wholesome than a mother feeding her child?

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8557782 - 06/24/08 10:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If you want the benefits that come with a role, then you must play the part.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8557784 - 06/24/08 10:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

TheHappieHippies said:

Some places are challenging that.  New York for example, a woman sued and took it way up in the courts, eventually she won and the courts gave her the right to walk around New York topless.

As for the whole Western Society thing, I think any culture that spread as quickly as it did would have wound up being a 'cancer' and despised as much as it is.  Ours just had the technology to ensure that it continued to spread.  But I'm sure if Alexander the Great, or Attila the Hun, or any ancient African warlord had had guns, or opportunity they would have continued to spread and multiplied as quickly as we have, draining the world's resources just as fast.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Edited by DragonChaser (06/24/08 10:02 AM)

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8557794 - 06/24/08 10:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
Quote:

Veritas said:

A woman that exposes her breasts in public is considered the same offense as a man that exposes his genitals in public, it's called a L/L offense, lewd & lascivious.

This depends on which state you're dealing with.

Here's what my state statute has to say:

Quote:

163.465 Public indecency. (1) A person commits the crime of public indecency if while in, or in view of, a public place the person performs:

(a) An act of sexual intercourse;

(b) An act of deviate sexual intercourse; or

(c) An act of exposing the genitals of the person with the intent of arousing the sexual desire of the person or another person.

(2)(a) Public indecency is a Class A misdemeanor.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

#8557812 - 06/24/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

So your state doesn't have a L/L statute, I find it extremely hard to believe that a man could expose his penis in public in a non-sexual way in your state and it would be legal, according to the only statute you provided that is my perception.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#8557815 - 06/24/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

IIRC in your previous post you stated that "we" were to blame for the atrocities perpetuated by whites in the past, which I correlate with slavery, genocide of native North Americans, European Jews, Mexicans.

It depends on to what degree you get into racial thinking, which in itself needs not be bad.

I have several German friends on chat. All of them feel a bit awkward when the topic of Hitler comes up, and some feel very uncomfortable even.

They were all born after the war, but they still feel uncomfortable about it being German and all.

Ain't nothing wrong with that. They know they are not to blame, its still, well, uncomfortable.

I have the same feeling to some extent regarding our cultural heritage. Am I guilty for the past? Not in any way. Cultural heritage is an accident of birth. People first and foremost are individuals independent of things like skin, eye and hair color.

But still, its uncomfortable. My country is RICH because of this exploitation process, and other countries are kept POOR supplying my country what it needs. Up yonder, people DIE to supply my wealth, to perpetuate this system of tremendous injustice.

Thats fucked up, and I cannot simply sever all connections to it and saying I have nothing at all to do with it.

The same with the atrocious conditions animals live under, due to human exploitation. (watch that movie Earthlings in my sig) I eat meat. Drink milk. My shoes are leather. I take part in the Animal Holocaust. I use animal products for my own comfort, and as such indirectly condone and subsidize the atrocious practices committed in the making of these products.

How come your country is so super wealthy? How come other countries are abysmally poor? They are not different planets, it is all related. Related because of exploitation and related because of a completely inexcusable indifference to let others suffer while being so well-off yourselves.

The effort and capital that went into the Iraq/Afghanistan campaign would more than suffice to eradicate hunger and some major diseases off the face of the earth, as well as provide clean drinking water within reasonable reach worldwide. If I were an American I'd be embarrassed as fuck about that one.

I don't believe in bystanders. If you know about an issue you are involved in in some way, either you are part of the problem, part of the solution, or some compromising mixture of both.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (06/24/08 10:16 AM)

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8557819 - 06/24/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's true.  They would have no legal ground to charge him (under state law) if his behavior was not sexually-suggestive.  Cities may enact ordinances which regulate public nudity (i.e. not allowed downtown, near schools, in public parks), but many states define public indecency by sexual intent & not simply exposure of breasts or genitals.

A woman in my town plans to participate in the 4th of July parade in the nude.  She regularly rides her bike while nude & has successfully defended her legal right to do so.  The stuffy city councilmen are in a tizzy & trying to figure out how to bar her from the parade.  :lol:

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8557882 - 06/24/08 10:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Is she hot?
I'm picturing an older, slightly greying, slightly wrinkled woman with kinda saggy boobs.

--------------------
My name is Mud

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8557925 - 06/24/08 10:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Nah, she's a cutie:

She usually wears pasties and a crocheted hemp thong, rather than being entirely nude.  For the parade, however, she intends to be topless.

Invisibleelbisivni
    #8558290 - 06/24/08 12:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Veritas said:
Nah, she's a cutie:

I disagree.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Is something okay just because its someone's culture? [Re: elbisivni]
    #8558391 - 06/24/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:
Quote:

Veritas said:
Nah, she's a cutie:

I disagree.

She should wear a burka :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates