Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Cactus seedlings during summer.....
    #8543026 - 06/20/08 12:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It's starting to get really hot out here. I have a bunch of trays filled with various loph and tricho seedlings outside in shade and in humidity bags. Today I noticed that as it gets hotter and hotter day by day inside the bags are really starting to heat up, even in the shade. I think my established cacti seedlings that are already green and hardened off should do alright outside but I'm worried about the ones that haven't germed yet or are still very young and not hardened yet. Still yellow.

Would it be best to try and find a place inside for the rest of the summer? I don't have Air conditioning and it still gets hot in here but it wouldn't be as bad as outside. I know I had problems growing mushrooms in this heat also. Is there anything I could do so as not to cook my cacti seedlings still in humidity bags? I don't have allot of room inside at the windows that get shade and even tissue used for shade cloth doesn't seem to work well for protecting my loph seedlings from the harshness of the sunlight at windows.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I'd hate to loose the seedlings I started out recently. Right now I have them outside and they are doing alright but I'm afraid soon. I'll check them and they will be medium to well done.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezembla
Stranger
Re: Cactus seedlings during summer..... [Re: sturmer88]
    #8543727 - 06/20/08 09:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

carefull with the "full sun" - it can burn even cacti

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: Cactus seedlings during summer..... [Re: zembla]
    #8543947 - 06/20/08 10:42 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

your hardened off ones should do alright as long as they are not in full sun all day, a half hour to an hour of sun is fine.

is there anyway to transplant or separate them from the sprouting yellow ones?

cause it sounds like your developing ones need more humidity and your hardened off ones should be taken away from it before they rot.

and like zembla said, full sun is not important at this point in time, seedlings dont need very much light.

Offlinesturmer88
Shroomer
Male User Gallery

Re: Cactus seedlings during summer..... [Re: CptnGarden]
    #8546044 - 06/20/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CptnGarden said:
your hardened off ones should do alright as long as they are not in full sun all day, a half hour to an hour of sun is fine.

is there anyway to transplant or separate them from the sprouting yellow ones?

cause it sounds like your developing ones need more humidity and your hardened off ones should be taken away from it before they rot.

and like zembla said, full sun is not important at this point in time, seedlings dont need very much light.

Yes I realize they don't need full sun. I actually don't want them to get full sun. I'm worriee about it being so hot out that they may cook even in the shade. Thats a good idea about transplanting the hardenned off gree ones away from the yello immature ones and taking the hardened ones out of humidity. I'll do that tommorow and then outside in the shade should be know problem. It's just the ones in humidit bags. The weather out here is so hate already around 85-95 degrees, but in the humidity bags it's even hotter. Even in the shade.

I've moved them inside under Fleuros for now when it's really hot. I'm just wondering if it would be safe to keep the immature seedlings in humidity bags outside in the shade? Or should I leave them in the fleuros or at shady windows untill hardenned off and taken out of humidity.

Thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies