Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohnBlaze
CriminalMastermind.
 User Gallery

Loc: dela-where?
Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures
    #8537675 - 06/18/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

so i made a post about splitting a 1/4 oz of cubies with two of my boys a few days ago, we all munched them and smoked a blunt and chilled, and it was all going good for a while.... we decided to walk along a 100 yard field to this cool hill(mind u its at night) and he just randomly sat down... i was like yo D only a little farther im trippen out, and i was like, huh thats funny cuz like 10 minutes ago he said that he wish he ate more, cuz we each only ate like 2.4....
he layed down on his back and started twitching frantically, jolting all over, me and his cousin were screaming yo D, D, get up! and he just shot up real quick and almost fell over again... it was frightning, i almost called 911.... i just wanted him to get inside and drink some water.... but, this is the 2nd time that  ive been trippen shroomies with someone having a seizure, and it seems pretty common.... is it as common with lsd, cause that shit is frightning honestly seeing ur boy like that, and we only ate 2.3.....
any help?

--------------------
In The End Revenge Sends Zen to the Defendent.- 311

Today, a young man on acid realized
That all matter is simply energy condensed
and slowed to a low vibration
That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself
and there is no death
That life is only an illusion created in the
imagination of ourselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: JohnBlaze]
    #8537690 - 06/18/08 04:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

could you describe the experience a bit more for me?

bit confused...

did he remember any of this and describe what it was like...from his perspective not yours?

he verbally responded and was able to stand up after the twitching episode?

and did his eyes roll back in his head/lose consciousness during this episode?

...i ask cause i get the wiggles real bad with tryptamines. whether mushrooms or dmt, sometimes i just cannot sit still and to an onlooker who doesnt understand, i would look like i was convulsing.

really im just tripping balls and lost the ability to control my muscles. no tongue swallowing, eyes rolling, or blackouts.

--------------------

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: dysphoria]
    #8537730 - 06/18/08 04:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

yes, it's just as common with lsd. if you do a search here, or on bluelight you'll find many incidents of people having seizures from both lsd and mushrooms.

the only scientific study i could that noted the phenomenon was done back in the 60 (maybe even late 50s) and they administered lsd to 150 people and noted that 3% of them suffered seizures.

now, i am not a doctor but i would guess that taking a long acting benzodiazepine (clonazepam or diazepam for instance) before dosing on acid or mushrooms would lessen the risk of having a seizure.

OfflineGrassIsWet
Stranger
Male
Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: porcupine]
    #8537940 - 06/18/08 05:29 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

My buddy ingested I believe 1/8 of  boomers and also fell and had seizure but got up right away.

--------------------
I've dreamed of this day since they locked away the key
A prisoner in chains will not make a madman of me
These voices insane are telling me tales from the stars
So I call on the reigns of forces drawn in from afar

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: GrassIsWet]
    #8537990 - 06/18/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Seizures on psychedelics aren't entirely uncommon, but AFAIK they aren't dangerous in any way other than the possibility of the person hurting themselves by hitting something and, maybe, swallowing their tongue, but the seizure shouldn't last long enough for that to be an issue.

--------------------

OfflineAnotherDimension
Wanderer in the Land of the Lost

Loc: USA
Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: dysphoria]
    #8538574 - 06/18/08 09:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

People don't swallow their tongues during seizures. 

From wikipedia:

Quote:

Objects should never be placed in a person's mouth by anybody - including paramedics - during a seizure as this could result in serious injury to either party. Despite common folklore, it is not possible for a person to swallow their own tongue during a seizure. However, it is possible that the person will bite their own tongue, especially if an object is placed in the mouth.

--------------------
Another Dimension
---------------------------
"Come, and trip it as ye go,
On the light fantastick toe."

OfflineOrbital_Saucer
Other
Male

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8538578 - 06/18/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The potential for traditional psychedelics (psilo and LSD) to cause seizures would be at most low to moderate, and they would more than likely be related to stress than any physiological reaction to the drug. (as opposed to something like MDMA)

Your friend said he was "tripping out" right before the episode? More than likely he was starting to really feel the mushrooms, and it caused enough of an emotional/stress reaction to provoke the seizure.

Had he ever had one before?

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: AnotherDimension]
    #8538590 - 06/18/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

AnotherDimension said:
People don't swallow their tongues during seizures. 

From wikipedia:

Quote:

Objects should never be placed in a person's mouth by anybody - including paramedics - during a seizure as this could result in serious injury to either party. Despite common folklore, it is not possible for a person to swallow their own tongue during a seizure. However, it is possible that the person will bite their own tongue, especially if an object is placed in the mouth.

Huh, learn something every day. Cool.

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8538594 - 06/18/08 09:07 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

when i had a seizure i woke up with the FATTEST fucking tongue ever
apparently when i was out i chomped down on it super fucking hard cuz u no all ur muscles tighten as hard as possible
ya it was crazy i had a lysp 4 a while

--------------------

OfflineJohnBlaze
CriminalMastermind.
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: Coaster]
    #8539003 - 06/18/08 11:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

well to more of the story, we were outside, and his dad had came home real late.... like 1:20 a.m. and D ran inside real quick but cut his hand deep in the process... he was shook up, and if it was related to stress, that could be the case. he was in much pain and actuallly thought he broke his hand he banged it so bad trying to get inside before his dad knew he was trippen, he said hey dad im here and ran back out, hit the cali blunt then we walked across the feild when he needed to sit down... i duno if its just me but with lsd i feel relativly safer in my mind for some reason

--------------------
In The End Revenge Sends Zen to the Defendent.- 311

Today, a young man on acid realized
That all matter is simply energy condensed
and slowed to a low vibration
That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself
and there is no death
That life is only an illusion created in the
imagination of ourselves.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8539012 - 06/18/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

^Ahhh. See, he was really shaken up then he smoked pot. Pot is so often the culprit when shit goes wrong tripping.

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: south east
    #8539023 - 06/18/08 11:15 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i too have personally had a non-epileptic seizure on lsd. i chalk it up mainly to the extremely strenuous circumstances i was under what with cops chasing me out of my house and me bolting through the woods barefoot and whatnot.

that seizure shit seriously blows. all i could do was lay on a tree branch and try and ride it through.

--------------------

OfflineJohnBlaze
CriminalMastermind.
 User Gallery

#8539112 - 06/18/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

well to more of the story, we were outside, and his dad had came home real late.... like 1:20 a.m. and D ran inside real quick but cut his hand deep in the process... he was shook up, and if it was related to stress, that could be the case. he was in much pain and actuallly thought he broke his hand he banged it so bad trying to get inside before his dad knew he was trippen, he said hey dad im here and ran back out, hit the cali blunt then we walked across the feild when he needed to sit down... i duno if its just me but with lsd i feel relativly safer in my mind for some reason

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: elcharrosays]
    #8539143 - 06/18/08 11:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

elcharrosays said:
i too have personally had a non-epileptic seizure on lsd. i chalk it up mainly to the extremely strenuous circumstances i was under what with cops chasing me out of my house and me bolting through the woods barefoot and whatnot.

that seizure shit seriously blows. all i could do was lay on a tree branch and try and ride it through.

ptsh sounds like u had a nice seizure if u were conscious

--------------------

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

#8539472 - 06/19/08 02:22 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It happens.

Once I was with this kid, his friend and my bro. My bro periodically suffers psychedelic-induced seizures, especially if he smokes weed too.

Anyways, we were watching tv and I hear this kid take a really deep breath, and I look over and he's stiff as a board, eyes rolled into the back of his head, turning deep red and radiating heat like a fucking oven (I swear the heat comming off of him was crazy!). It was a little scary because he wasn't breathing for a little bit, he was so stiff.

I just stayed cool, put my hands on him so he would have some ground once he came back. Once he started comming to, I look over and my bro is doing the same shit! I think seeing this other kid like this triggered his PSTD from having tripping seizures before and he had some kind of stress reaction (like you guys were saying).

And the most fucked up thing about it is that we were barely even tripping! I mean, hardly past threshold to be honest.

The kid said that he saw like every moment of his life, but in photographs flashing like a million per second. Almost like an ego-death/OBE type thing. My bro said he just blacked out and didn't remember anything.

A lot of times, this is when ego-death occurs, and so the best thing to do is just stay calm and be there when they come out of it. The worst thing you can do is have a room full of people freaking out once they come to, and everybody is telling them how fucking scary they just looked all rolling around on the floor and shit. Sometimes the room full of scared people can be more traumatic than the seizure itself, ya know.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8539479 - 06/19/08 02:24 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

oh, and calling 911 is possibly THE WORST thing you can do since they will usually come out of it in a few minutes and be physically fine. A person needs some time to integrate that type of experience, and it doesn't help when police and paramedics are trying to throw you in the back of an ambulance and/or arrest you.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: Nunbuh_Chrubble]
    #8539499 - 06/19/08 02:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

911 is typically the worst thing to do always unfortunately

--------------------

Offlineelcharrosays
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: south east
    #8541301 - 06/19/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

a friend of mine freaked out screaming about his heart exploding and him dying. i tried holding off on calling the ambulance but when a close friend is lying on the ground infront of you begging you not to let them die right there in the middle of a driveway and asking why the ambulance isnt here already its kind of hard to deny them that. the thing that prompted me was that he said he had noticed something for a few days prior so i wasnt so sure it wasnt something serious and i couldnt live with having something like that on my hands. i got into a bit of a fight with the paramedics because my friend couldnt even get to his knees and they were trying to force him to walk to the back of the ambulance.

--------------------

Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: elcharrosays]
    #8541378 - 06/19/08 04:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what was your friend on?

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms/LSD with Seizures [Re: ultimo101]
    #8541856 - 06/19/08 06:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

thats sum fucked up paramedics shiet havnt they heard of a stretcher

--------------------

Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

#8541865 - 06/19/08 06:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I want coaster to be my doctor :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order