Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDiglottic_Sun
Stranger in astrange land

Water-Fueled Car
    #8536026 - 06/18/08 02:16 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Genepax.

It probably is too good to be true...but regardless, what are your thoughts?  Have any of you heard of this thing? 

(Wikipedia smashes it as a farse...too bad, i pay out my ass for gass right now)

I am hopeful.  The 'engine' hasn't been patented yet, so it is possible that all the criticisms about the water-powered car are off the mark.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGroomies
Ghost
 User Gallery

Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: Diglottic_Sun]
    #8536062 - 06/18/08 02:41 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

the moment someone invents a water powered car, they either die or get paid off by the oil company.  take a look at the EV1 the first all electric car. made sometime in the 90's.  it got recalled and never heard of again.  as ugly as it is, i would buy one now.

--------------------
:hotidea::hotidea::hotidea:

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: Groomies]
    #8536092 - 06/18/08 02:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

steam powered engine? :shrug:

not so new...

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: just me]
    #8536137 - 06/18/08 03:38 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

THe thing runs on something and they won't say what it is, but it isn't water.

So far seems to run on some metal.

Likely the metal reduces the water to hydrogen, and then the hydrogen is oxidized again.

And we already have  a thread on it...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: Groomies]
    #8536160 - 06/18/08 04:07 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

>  take a look at the EV1 the first all electric car. made sometime in the 90's

If I remember my history correctly, electric cars actually preceeded internal combustion cars by a few years.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: Seuss]
    #8536275 - 06/18/08 05:50 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Suess: really? I find that unlikely... though I suppose the IC engine was invented in the late 19th century, while they had electric motors a bit earlier, and batteries before that. I guess... it's entirely possible they experimented with it. Though there's no way it could have been practical.

Anyway, how many threads on this "Genepax" do we need?

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Edited by zouden (06/18/08 05:56 AM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: zouden]
    #8536356 - 06/18/08 07:10 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Wikipedia says:

Quote:

The electric car was among some of the earliest automobiles — small electric vehicles predate the Otto cycle upon which Diesel (diesel engine) and Benz (gasoline engine) based the automobile. Between 1832 and 1839 (the exact year is uncertain), Scottish businessman Robert Anderson invented the first crude electric carriage. Professor Sibrandus Stratingh of Groningen, the Netherlands, designed the small-scale electric car, built by his assistant Christopher Becker in 1835.[3]

The improvement of the storage battery, by Frenchmen Gaston Plante in 1865 and Camille Faure in 1881, paved the way for electric vehicles to flourish. An electric-powered two-wheel cycle was demonstrated at the World Exhibition 1867 in Paris by the Austrian inventor Franz Kravogl. France and Great Britain were the first nations to support the widespread development of electric vehicles.[4] In November 1881 French inventor Gustave Trouvé demonstrated a working three-wheeled automobile at the International Exhibition of Electricity in Paris.[5]

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: Anno]
    #8536367 - 06/18/08 07:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Interesting! It seems that cars were one of the first intended uses of electric motors:
From the article on the electric motor:
Quote:

The first electric motor using electromagnets for both stationary and rotating parts was demonstrated by Ányos Jedlik in 1828, who later developed a motor powerful enough to propel a vehicle. The first commutator-type direct-current electric motor capable of a practical application was invented by the British scientist William Sturgeon in 1832. Following Sturgeon's work, a commutator-type direct-current electric motor made with the intention of commercial use was built by the American Thomas Davenport and patented in 1837. Although several of these motors were built and used to operate equipment such as a printing press, due to the high cost of primary battery power, the motors were commercially unsuccessful and Davenport went bankrupt. Several inventors followed Sturgeon in the development of DC motors but all encountered the same cost issues with primary battery power. No electricity distribution had been developed at the time. Like Sturgeon's motor, there was no practical commercial market for these motors.

So then, like today, the main problem was battery technology. We're only now getting past that hurdle. In the mean time, petroleum was found to be an excellent high-density source of energy, so the world went down that route.

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: zouden]
    #8536382 - 06/18/08 07:28 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

The first electric motor using electromagnets for both stationary and rotating parts was demonstrated by Ányos Jedlik in 1828, who later developed a motor powerful enough to propel a vehicle.

The rest of the article are lies re: cost effectivness issues with the batteries.  He was killed by the petroleum companies that forsaw the huge demand oil-based engines would demand.  They killed him to protect the market, and that's why we don't have electric spaceships now.

And OPEC had soemthing to do w/ it too

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: johnm214]
    #8536458 - 06/18/08 08:26 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
He was killed by the petroleum companies that forsaw the huge demand oil-based engines would demand.  They killed him to protect the market, and that's why we don't have electric spaceships now.

What are you talking about?
Ányos Jedlik died at 95 years of age of....age. He wasn't killed by anyone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0tefan_Ani%C3%A1n_Jedl%C3%ADk

InvisibleDieCommie

Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: Anno]
    #8537231 - 06/18/08 02:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

:lol: I think he is making a joke.  A common theme of these water powered car threads is the inventor gets killed by the oil companies.

InvisibleNaturalHypnosis
Hoodlum

Re: Water-Fueled Car [Re: DieCommie]
    #8537401 - 06/18/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

what about the 'earth grid energy' ?

it's already been mapped out...:mushroom2:

--------------------
A Trance is a trance is a trance

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies