Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains of N. America Flag
Debating not tripping again for several reasons
    #8534348 - 06/17/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

So I've been giving it some thought, tossing it around in the old noggin recently....I'm not sure if I really want to trip again. Previously, I've had some intense experiences on mushrooms in the sense that they really made me reconsider my life. Its taken me a long time to figure everything out, and I tripped shrooms and LSD several more times before I was comfortable with myself again. Its been about 8 months since I last tripped, and its approaching the season where i'm considering ingesting or dosing again. But now i'm not so sure. After this pretty significant break from psychedelics, I feel like i've made quite a lot of progress in getting to know myself, what I want of life, and changing my attitude. I'm worried that if I trip again i might push myself backward rather than forward. Right now I feel secure, and looking back on it, I really did not enjoy being confused about my life. I don't want to restart and lose all of the progress I made.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to attempt more trips, or should I call it good? Maybe I should till i feel like I do have to trip for some reason or another, depending on my situation.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: BrainChemistry]
    #8534370 - 06/17/08 04:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

If you have such serious doubts about tripping, tripping is probably a bad idea.

--------------------

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8534379 - 06/17/08 04:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Trip when you feel you need to.  I normally trip every couple months or so just to do a reality check when I get too wrapped up in human drama, it works.

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

#8534389 - 06/17/08 04:47 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Its not so much doubts, as the fact that I've come to appreciate and respect the power psychedelics can have over the human mind. I'm still open to expanding myself and my thoughts to new ideas, but I'm also aware that I am the kind of person who can slip into thought loops and worries that are detrimental to me. I feel like I have the power to overcome that if I put my mind to it though.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8534404 - 06/17/08 04:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

It sounds to me like relatively low dose LSD is the best thing to go with should you feel like tripping.

--------------------

Offlinephonodelic
stranger
Male

Loc: glasgow-scotland-uk
    #8534435 - 06/17/08 04:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

hhhmmmm  hello there brainchemistry!this is such a hard one as i can see both sides of the coin but to be fair and honest it seems almost like a rhetorical question as you have certainly almost answered the question in terms of evidence for and against.

in your own words you've had "significant breakthrough from psychedelics" you speak about progress and knowing what you want in life.

"right now i feel secure"

"but I'm worried IF ......."

thats what is incredibly apparent to me when i read your post. what you have achieved through psychedelics is something so great, so magnificent, so spiritual and more over life changing that others could only dream of achieving such wonderful consequences.

in my opinion and who am i to say its only an opinion but you seem to have doubts and an anxiety ahead of your next proposed trip which is counter productive to what your trying to achieve as effectively u already hit a home run,

whatever you choose i wish you well man.

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: phonodelic]
    #8534502 - 06/17/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hi phono.

Yeah...i think what you are describing is similar to what I am feeling. Although i don't consider what i've achieved to be "great and magnificent" I just see it as becoming more attuned to myself and to life in general, in a positive way. I'm obviously not perfect, as i'm still prone to worrying and making wrong assumptions, or misleading myself. I still feel like i have room for improvement as a person...I think i'll always feel this way, as i don't think anyone can be perfect. I think its necessary that everyone be able to call into question their beliefs and ideals at anytime, and be able to either ratify them or to change them.

I guess the issue is that I view psychedelics as a vehicle of change and new thought. What I don't want is that feeling of confusion and generally being lost in life that i had before. If I could say for certain that when I trip again that that wouldn't happen, than I wouldn't have any doubts. But i can't say for certain how i'll end up after another psychedelic experience, and it makes me hesitate just a little.

--------------------
Word to your mom.

OfflineCoaster
BaĘżal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
    #8534515 - 06/17/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

just do it i doubt ull regret it

--------------------

OfflineNastyDHL
Male User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #8534782 - 06/17/08 06:49 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

"if you get the message from psychedelics, hang up the phone"
-alan watts

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #8534834 - 06/17/08 07:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Don't trip if it's not a good time to trip. Trip with confidence, trip with ease, trip at the right times. If you are not sure if it's a right time, just don't trip. If you think a trip will negate all the progress and growth you've made since you've last used psychedelics, and put you back at square one again, don't trip.

Only you can make the call, and only you can know whether it's the right choice or not. But then again sometimes you don't always know, psychedelics can be tricky in my experience. Like a luck of the draw or russian roulette, no matter how much you think you may know about yourself or think you may be experienced with psychedelics, they can come back and kick your ass again and make you rethink things (square one again =D) Everyone is different.

If you think that a trip might possibly yield negative results, don't trip is all I can say.

OfflineSummerDaisies
Out of Retirement
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rocky Mountain High Or at...
Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: Robo]
    #8534883 - 06/17/08 07:22 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

not to be a dick or anything but why do you want to trip anyway if you didnt enjoy it ever?

--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

OfflineJabensis
Daddy
 User Gallery

Loc: Copperhead Road
Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #8534941 - 06/17/08 07:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've just read one of those inspiring trip reports.  Maybe you should too.  I think everyone should read one of this magnitude to be reminded that these kinds of trips are out there and we are all able to achieve them.

http://www.shroomery.org/10019/If-you-are-nervous-about-trying-mushrooms-read-this-and-be-reassured

--------------------
J

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8534963 - 06/17/08 07:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
If you have such serious doubts about tripping, tripping is probably a bad idea.

Yeah totally man.

OfflineRam Dass
Challenger
Male

Loc: 2000 Feet Under the Sea
Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8535056 - 06/17/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You can always wait. don't do something that you will regret.

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: Ram Dass]
    #8535483 - 06/17/08 10:28 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BrainChemistry said:
So I've been giving it some thought, tossing it around in the old noggin recently....I'm not sure if I really want to trip again. Previously, I've had some intense experiences on mushrooms in the sense that they really made me reconsider my life. Its taken me a long time to figure everything out, and I tripped shrooms and LSD several more times before I was comfortable with myself again. Its been about 8 months since I last tripped, and its approaching the season where i'm considering ingesting or dosing again. But now i'm not so sure. After this pretty significant break from psychedelics, I feel like i've made quite a lot of progress in getting to know myself, what I want of life, and changing my attitude. I'm worried that if I trip again i might push myself backward rather than forward. Right now I feel secure, and looking back on it, I really did not enjoy being confused about my life. I don't want to restart and lose all of the progress I made.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it to attempt more trips, or should I call it good? Maybe I should till i feel like I do have to trip for some reason or another, depending on my situation.

it definitely depends on your situation, what you value in life and in yourself, what you desire to hold on to and what kind of change you want to make and are capable of making. 

after tripping so many times one's world view begins to fragment, and awareness isn't so centralized in conceptual reality anymore.  the psychedelic state of mind carries over into the waking state and the usual patterns of the mind aren't as they once were, they are observed from a different light.  a light of awareness not bound by such a dense and tightly knit orbit of thought and past conditioning.  this isn't normally regarded as a positive path to take, or a rational one at that.  but speaking from experience, there is much more to the picture than meets the eye, and it can be extremely liberating.

if one has various pressures and demands to live up to in life, this would cause more confusion and chaos than unity and clarity.  but if one devotes their life to disintegration (shamanism) and is not bound by cultural and societal pressures, it's a different story.

Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: deranger]
    #8535555 - 06/17/08 10:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I say congratulations on a solid decision. I wouldnt listen to the people convincing you to trip again, youve gone this far without it dont look back.

If the time comes one day in the future then by all means but if like is getting better, then keep going

OfflineOzzy_shroomer
Mystery Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Summer All Year
Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: ultimo101]
    #8535584 - 06/17/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ultimo101 said:
I say congratulations on a solid decision. I wouldnt listen to the people convincing you to trip again, youve gone this far without it dont look back.

If the time comes one day in the future then by all means but if like is getting better, then keep going

don't think it could be put any better then that,

my :2cents: is get yourself some shrooms or cid what ever is coming around your way store it there that way if you fell 6 months you want to its there.

anyway your body your choice

--------------------

OfflineBrainChemistry
Captain Obvious
 User Gallery

Re: Debating not tripping again for several reasons [Re: Ozzy_shroomer]
    #8535729 - 06/17/08 11:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

not to be a dick or anything but why do you want to trip anyway if you didnt enjoy it ever?

I have to admit, my initial inclination to trip was purely due to peer pressure. I didn't trip until my sophomore year in college, and that was because at that point pretty much all of my other friends had done it and I wanted to see what it was all about. I've never ingested with the intentions of trying to "get fucked up" or just simply to hallucinate. I've always respected hallucinogenics for what they are: a truly mind altering substance. 

I drink for the enjoyment; I smoke cannabis for the enjoyment. I take shrooms and LSD for philosophical reasons. If you take them for a different reason, thats you're own prerogative

Quote:

after tripping so many times one's world view begins to fragment, and awareness isn't so centralized in conceptual reality anymore.  the psychedelic state of mind carries over into the waking state and the usual patterns of the mind aren't as they once were, they are observed from a different light.  a light of awareness not bound by such a dense and tightly knit orbit of thought and past conditioning.  this isn't normally regarded as a positive path to take, or a rational one at that.  but speaking from experience, there is much more to the picture than meets the eye, and it can be extremely liberating.

I think the main difference is the awareness of one's own self. Patterns of thought are no longer dictated be parental or social conditioning, but rather by that which you find to be truly right within yourself. This forces much more responsibility upon the consciousness, but also allows for significantly more freedom of thought and emotion. Ultimately, this is an empowering change, not a detrimental one. Truth be told, i think the freedom to live one's life according to your own values is what every human dreams of achieving. Trying to balance that in a world which constantly dictates its values and social system on you is what makes things difficult, though. Its much easier to throw these thoughts to the wind, and follow the herd of sheep. Once these kinds of thoughts take root though, they are pretty impossible to get rid of.

Quote:

Agreed. I think I most likely will end up tripping again at some point, but it will be on my own terms and my own grounds. It will still be difficult though...I enjoy tripping with friends, but most of my friends ingest purely for fun, or maybe they are just on a separate page than I am. I've never been a trip sitter before. Maybe I'll experiment with that. :thumbup:

--------------------
Word to your mom.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom