Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineARLENEsatisfied
Stranger

overpicking P. cubensis
    #8535221 - 06/17/08 10:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Is it possible to over pick my field.  and if so then why? but, where i live it has been raining every three days and the humidity has been pretty much perfect every night, so i have been pretty much going out there every day or every other day.  I dont see what the harm could be, they are growing fresh every day andif i dont pick them they are just gonna die, RIGHT?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetoken matt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: overpicking P. cubensis [Re: ARLENEsatisfied]
    #8535228 - 06/17/08 11:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

if your pull them without cutting them with scissors you damage the mycelium and it has to regenerate which takes a week or two

--------------------
they hate me here

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: overpicking P. cubensis [Re: token matt]
    #8535275 - 06/17/08 11:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

its really not that bad to pull them up as long as you dont pull a shit load of the mycelium with it. Just use a slow gentle twisting motion when harvesting. Also ive heard if you use scissors the stem butt can rot and hurt the mycelium so i guess its your choice. I pull my weilii up all the time and they always fruit good.

OfflineCubensisCutter
mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: overpicking P. cubensis [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8535312 - 06/17/08 11:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

you do not want to rip them.  pulling them up will damage the mycelial network. maybe not when hunting weilli, but pulling up cubensis without cutting them is not a good idea. ALWAYS use scissors or a knife.  how many poeple know about your field? people might jsut be beating you to it...

--------------------

thats right cubes in december bitches

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: overpicking P. cubensis [Re: CubensisCutter]
    #8535321 - 06/17/08 11:39 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CubensisCutter said:
you do not want to rip them.  pulling them up will damage the mycelial network. maybe not when hunting weilli, but pulling up cubensis without cutting them is not a good idea. ALWAYS use scissors or a knife.  how many people know about your field? people might just be beating you to it...

weilii have rhizomorphic mycelium(root like)so pulling them up is a big deal the mycelium of weilii is harder not too pull up than cubes, cube myc doesn't cum up as easy.

OfflineCubensisCutter
mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: overpicking P. cubensis [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8535342 - 06/17/08 11:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i was just saying that because you said its not that bad pulling them up, and we do not want to confuse this guy.  you never want to pull wild cubes out. home grown can be easily pulled out but wild cubes are growing on old dried up dung and pulling the mushroom out will pull the dung out, which will pull out some myc and damage the network. i just made the weilli comment because i figured you hunt alot of weilli and were referring to weilli myc when saying it is not bad to ppull it up.

clip dont rip

--------------------

thats right cubes in december bitches

OfflineARLENEsatisfied
Stranger

Re: overpicking P. cubensis [Re: CubensisCutter]
    #8535473 - 06/18/08 12:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i usually break the stem but i guess i do need to be cutting them.  I wrote the post because i have been picking everyday with god results, not because im not finding them.  i just wanted to make sure i wasnt doing a bad thing by picking all the time.  i have accidentaly pulled a few up trying to break the stem off.  hopefully i havent done to much damage.  thanks guys.

OfflineShROoMiNnBOOMiN
psychoactive ginnie pig
Male

Loc: Contra Costa County, Bay ...
    #8535670 - 06/18/08 01:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i agree with weiliiiii i pull mine and they fruit good after but sizzors and pull depends on myc type

--------------------
---
-----------------------------------------------
"why fail to succeed, when you can succeed to fail?" -david medeiros

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: overpicking P. cubensis [Re: ShROoMiNnBOOMiN]
    #8536346 - 06/18/08 09:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Eh, it's a matter of personal choice. I'd rather use scissors for cubes b/c it keeps all the shit out of the gills. :cool:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
    #8536380 - 06/18/08 09:26 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You have to keep in mind, that once that mycelium is pulled  up it has to regrow, once the poop is pulled up that poop and those nutrients are no longer there to colonize and fruit from... Cutting should allow your poop to last longer i would assume.

If you pull them out, your going to be pulling up hunks and chunks of Mycelium and horse/cow poop, here is your proof.

Plus if you look closely you will see poop on this beautifully bluing mushroom, if it were completely clean it would be perfect.... But instead you have to eat poop :O

I forgot to add, that yes the mushrooms will be dieing anyways so pick them up homie... Just cut low at the base for your health and the poop/myceliums health.... By the time you get to them they would have dropped thousands of spores and thats all that matters :laugh: i mean if you wanted to you could always spore print them and rub the spores all over your hunting shirt for when you go back to the field... But thats a  bit of an over kill

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification