Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewissper
The Mushroom Man (in training)
Male User Gallery

Will this jar setup work for quart wbs?
    #8530814 - 06/16/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hi all.. this is my first run with wbs using quart jars and Im just curious about the inoculation hole Im using.

My setup is this:

Quart jars with tyvek layer on top followed by the lid with a 3/8" hole drilled in the center (didnt have a smaller bit). 

My concern is that Ive been reading that tyvek loses its protective qualities when it gets wet .. (i.e. when I shake the wbs after pcing it)  Should I put the tyvek on top of the hole and then put on the ring or leave the lid on top of the tyvek?

One other thing, after I inoculate through the tyvek I have micropore tape to put over the injection site.  Will the tyvek layer allow for enough fae?  (thats kind of why I was thinking of putting the lid on top so I can just tape the hole in the lid rather than directly on the tyvek)

Thanks.

~Wissper

Edit:  did some more searching and figured I'd use polyfill method like in Doc's WBS tek.  Tyvek then lid with polyfill on top covered with two layers of foil.  They're cooling now for inoc tomorrow so hopefully I'll have some nice pics to post soon!

Edited by wissper (06/17/08 05:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag