Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineignuF
Monster Mycologist

Loc: Wonderland
Reborn and leagalized
    #840816 - 08/24/02 03:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I recently ditched all my research on cubs. Decided to try the legal fungus before I got in trouble. Too much risk and paranoia for me and my nerves to handle. Anyway I think it was just the growing I was addicted to anyways. So my question now is does anybody have suggestions on what would be easy and similar to grow as cubensis? I already have some Shiitake myc. on malt ager what substrate recipie works good with these? Can I use hickory shavings from the charcoal section at the grocery store?

--------------------
All the above information is for microscopic research only! 

Life is short so make a dent in the world so people can tell you were here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Reborn and leagalized [Re: ignuF]
    #853015 - 08/30/02 09:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Oysters are the easiest to grow and you get the results pretty fast. With shiitake everyting is slower. I haven't had much succes with them but general method is agar to grain and then use hardwood sawdust with some bran as fruiting substrate.

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #866446 - 09/06/02 03:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yesh, i ditch the trippy stuff to, not from paranoia, but out of hunger. i like to eat.

mushrooms taste good.

i've actually made futher advances as a cultivator growing edibles,
oysters grow really great on pasterized straw. stick the pasterized straw (whatever your methoid) into a tub, and mix in 10% to dry weight of straw. pack it into a large plastic bag, and poke nail holes in the side, like one every 3 inches or so.

oyster spawn is very very fast...incubate....after it colonized, just stick the whole bag into the fruiting chamber, mushroom will grow out the holes

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflineCaliChronic
Loc: Gulf Coast, USA
    #879555 - 09/12/02 01:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

why the paranoia w/ growin cubes? you dont have to deal w/ any of the parameters cannabis growers face (electricity usage, thermal imaging, copters, popo diggin through your garbage and staking out grow stores, etc.) , compare the two, mush growing is relatively safe if you are smart about it. just my 2 cents.

--------------------
overgrow

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #885295 - 09/16/02 07:59 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Get some cultures from Fungi Perfecti, to start out with. Also, try to get some of Stamets' books on gourmet and medicinal mushroom cultivation.

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Re: Reborn and leagalized [Re: Remy]
    #885550 - 09/16/02 09:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

FP is a bit expensive for a lot of casual hobbyists....especially when you run the risk of messing things up ;-)

-psyco

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale