Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMyRedrum
Easily Amused
Female User Gallery

Loc: Portland Flag
Emotional Stress + Psychedelics
    #8528810 - 06/16/08 02:10 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ok, my boyfriend recently broke up with me, and it has been really tough getting over him.  i still love the guy, but the way he broke up with me showed me how selfish he really is.

i would really like to do psychedelics in the near future, but i've only done mushies and LSD with my now ex-boyfriend
i'm scared that if i take psychedelics without him, i will think about him, and it will trigger a very negative trip. on the other hand, it could prove to be a healing process.
but because i've only tripped with him (around 10 times), have i "conditioned" myself to only trip with him?? (is that possible?)

i'm also moving from a small town in oregon to Portland (oregon) next month, so there may be some added stress of being in a new place.

Would it be a good idea to wait a while (maybe a month or two to do mushies, LSD, etc.) once i get settled in portland?  or should i go for it (a few weeks after i get there) and see what happens?
:confused:

--------------------
there's someone in my head, but it's not me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Emotional Stress + Psychedelics [Re: MyRedrum]
    #8528825 - 06/16/08 02:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You could always start with very low doses and work your way up as you feel comfortable with each new experience. No need to rush into the same dosage level as you previously used and risk a bad trip. If you start low, it will be months before you're back at the same level anyways, so you will have had plenty of time to work through your emotions, maybe find new friends/boyfriend to share your trips with, and decide whether you're ready for another mind blasting experience. :lsd::smile:

OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

#8528832 - 06/16/08 02:28 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Regardless of all the psychedelic propaganda I've always just dropped away and never really thought twice about it. Stressful situations will pop up however you will overthink it instead of acting upon it. the same people telling you to stay away from psychedelics give amphetamines to ADHD kids remember that next time your curious about how dangerous a psychedelic could be.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Re: Emotional Stress + Psychedelics [Re: Azagthoth]
    #8528850 - 06/16/08 02:43 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Stressful situations will pop up however you will overthink it instead of acting upon it.

Yeah, the problem being that a lot of people think too much about the stressful aspects of their lives, and those thoughts are greatly exaggerated on psychedelics. The link between your mental state, your emotional state, and the effect that they have on your trip is definitely not propaganda; it has nothing to with propaganda. Responsible dosage is always important, irregardless of which drug you're using or what you've been told by D.A.R.E. (Unless D.A.R.E. advised you to dose responsibly :lol:)

OfflineMr. Cordoza
beep beep boop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bellingham, Washington
    #8528858 - 06/16/08 02:55 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

MyRedrum said:
i'm also moving from a small town in oregon to Portland (oregon) next month, so there may be some added stress of being in a new place.

Would it be a good idea to wait a while (maybe a month or two to do mushies, LSD, etc.) once i get settled in portland?  or should i go for it (a few weeks after i get there) and see what happens?
:confused:

Portland!  Mannn there's no reason to stress in a city like Portland, it's the chillest place on the planet.  Don't let the settling in worry you too much; you'll find yourself at home in no time at all.

Though in my honest opinion I think it might be best if you wait a month or so before you trip alone.  However if you have any friends in Portland or the metro area, you'll be much safer tripping with/around them and I'd really recommend doing that instead.  My only real concern is that you might find yourself in a dangerous situation if you do in fact have a bad trip and since you won't have anybody there with you in case things go wrong, then what will happen?

Then again it's all on how well you handle the psychedelic experience.  Personally I don't find "bad" trips so terrible at all, because no matter what you always bring something back with you.  Sometimes the most nerve-racking, fearful trips can teach you the most about yourself and how to confront your problems.  Perhaps tripping sooner would help you finally get over your ex-boyfriend?  Or perhaps it could do just the opposite.  Psychedelics are so unpredictable, but still one has to love them for that.

:bongload:

edit:  If you do decide to wait on it, then when you get back into a trip-safe mindset I recommend easing your way into psychedelics with lower doses, gradually increasing dose with each trip, to first test the waters a little bit to make sure you can really handle it.

Edited by Mr. Cordoza (06/16/08 02:58 AM)

OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

Re: Emotional Stress + Psychedelics [Re: Cameron]
    #8528860 - 06/16/08 02:59 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The propaganda part was how even so called "experts" in psychedelics claim it should only be used for "good feelings", and how they shouldn't be taken during a stressful time in life. If there is an unsettled issue in ones life it certainly will not go away with time, psychedelics are  key to releasing issues that affect current personality. I've tried all kinds of anti depressants most of which just made problems worse. I'll stick to good old psilocyn for healing.

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Re: Emotional Stress + Psychedelics [Re: Azagthoth]
    #8528866 - 06/16/08 03:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, for sure: if it works for you, have at it. :smile: I think the reason the experts may advise against using psychedelics during stressful times is the intensity that those issues might present themselves with during the trip. A lot of people simply can't handle those kinds of conditions without falling into a negative spiral and succumbing to a bad trip. The advantage of working through your issues sober is time. Little pieces at a time reduce the stress load and allow you to deal with your issues over months or years, rather than all at once.

Jump to top Pages: 1