Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethc_stoned
Stranger

Loc: Tamil Nadu
Will I handle LSD alone?
    #8524385 - 06/14/08 05:45 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hello, first post here on this forum , been reading it for quite a while though..

Anyway, got my hands on 3 hits of good acid, been tripping on mushrooms about 10 times before, is it very different, will I be fine tripping alone on acid?

I've done it 9/10 times before alone, the only "bad trip" I had was when I was tripping with this crazy person who threatened to cut my fingers off if I didnt go out with him from the apartment. Will have a nice tripping location out in the countryside and some music to listen to , some pix:

http://i19.tinypic.com/535iazn.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/676rku8.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/4oqn95u.jpg

Planning to take half a hit to test the strength of the acid and also not to have it too intense for the first time.

Also when I eat mushroom I tend to get kind of nauseous and uncomfortable in the comeup, is there anything like that with acid aswell? Guess it has to do with the stomach having problems with the mushroom fibres or something..

--------------------
legalize marijuana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMad_Larkin

Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: thc_stoned]
    #8524432 - 06/14/08 06:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

You'll probably be bored as hell on half a hit. I'd go for a full hit, but if you don't feel happy with that then working your way up is always best.

Also, awesome location for a trip!

Edited by Mad_Larkin (06/14/08 06:06 PM)

OfflineBigP
Strangest

Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #8524440 - 06/14/08 06:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Do one hit to test it, then turn around about 6 days later and do two hits. Tell us how it goes:)

--------------------
BigP out the back!!

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: BigP]
    #8524495 - 06/14/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Wow! Nice tripping location! You'll have a blast.

You won't have any gastrointestinal distress from the acid. Mushrooms, for some people, cause stomach problems because of the other alkaloids and chemicals that are in the mix. If you took pure Psilocin or Psilocybin, you wouldn't have any stomach problems.

Since you're experienced with mushrooms, then this comparison might come in handy for you.

1 gram of P. Cubensis = 1 hit of acid

This is NOT always the case, but it is a good, general comparison for you. Ask yourself this: "Would you be able to feel .5g of cubes?" If so, then test the acid by taking half of a hit. If not, then go ahead and take more. 1/2 gram of cubes makes for an excellent experience for me, but not everybody is the same.

Have fun! :banana:

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: Feanor]
    #8524509 - 06/14/08 06:35 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Feanor said:

You won't have any gastrointestinal distress from the acid. Mushrooms, for some people, cause stomach problems because of the other alkaloids and chemicals that are in the mix. If you took pure Psilocin or Psilocybin, you wouldn't have any stomach problems.

pure psilocybin still can cause nausea/stomach upset. this is a result of its 5-HT agonism. lsd can also cause nausea.

Offlineultimo101
Mushroomhead

Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: porcupine]
    #8524511 - 06/14/08 06:36 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you will be fine as long as you accept the fact that it is there to stay for 12 hours. (Prolly wont last that long even but still)

I say go with 2

Offlinecake is a lie
pwner with a bwner
Male

Loc: Mn
Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: thc_stoned]
    #8524737 - 06/14/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

imo you should eat all three hits first time, thats what i did and i had an amazing trip, i went out on a lake that i live right by then went on a walk through some woods and it was a blast...till my best friend called my cellphone and said that my parents thought i drowned in the lake and were about to call the cops. why they didnt call my cellphone is beond me but other than that it was awsome

--------------------
The Voice: It is the Broodwich, forged in darkness from wheat harvested in Hell's half-acre, baked by Beelzebub, slathered with mayonnaise beaten from the evil eggs of dark chicken forced into sauce by the hands of a one-eyed madman, cheese boiled from the rancid teat of a fanged cow, layered with six-hundred and sixty-six separate meats from an animal which has maggots for blood!

Frylock: [long pause] See... told ya.

Master Shake: I tasted mustard.

The Voice: Yeah... DIJON mustard!

OfflineHelixx
Mood:Fragglerocked
Male User Gallery

Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: cake is a lie]
    #8524804 - 06/14/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I also, think you should take all 3 hits.  Mainly because you have a good amount of prior experience with psychedelics.  Your country house is amazing btw.  Great setting for an amazing trip.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: Helixx]
    #8524947 - 06/14/08 09:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

That place has "beautiful trip" written all over it.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#8525681 - 06/15/08 01:11 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

porcupine said:
Quote:

Feanor said:

pure psilocybin still can cause nausea/stomach upset. this is a result of its 5-HT agonism. lsd can also cause nausea.

Sorry, but that's like saying you're going to get nausea from eating a banana, man. :shrug: Everybody is different, and everybody has their own unique allergic reactions, but for the most part, pretty much everybody who takes pure Psilocybin, Psilocin, or LSD will not get an upset stomach. Numerous people who have stomach problems with mushrooms have attested to having no stomach problems whatsoever with pure Psilocybin and Psilocin; the same goes for pure Mescaline in relation to cacti.

Anybody can have something happen to them, but this thing that you speak of is not something to generalize.

--------------------

The DMT Chronicles

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
    #8525734 - 06/15/08 01:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry, but that's like saying you're going to get nausea from eating a banana, man. :shrug:

how is it anything like saying youre going to get nausea from eating a banana? bananas arent 5HT agonists.

Everybody is different, and everybody has their own unique allergic reactions, but for the most part, pretty much everybody who takes pure Psilocybin, Psilocin, or LSD will not get an upset stomach. Numerous people who have stomach problems with mushrooms have attested to having no stomach problems whatsoever with pure Psilocybin and Psilocin; the same goes for pure Mescaline in relation to cacti.

nausea is a well documented side effect of lsd pure psilocybin. of course not everyone experiences it, just like not everyone experiences nausea on opiates depsite the fact that they act right on the part of the brain that controls nausea.

but here's some proof for you: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_effects.shtml

if you dont trust erowid, do a  search here and youll find plenty of people reporting some nausea from lsd.

Edited by porcupine (06/15/08 01:37 AM)

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
    #8525749 - 06/15/08 01:36 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

actually a lot of the nausea from mescaline etc is from the rush of serotonin

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: grimR]
    #8525755 - 06/15/08 01:38 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

grimR said:
actually a lot of the nausea from mescaline etc is from the rush of serotonin

yes, thats what i am saying. pure mescaline, lsd and psilocybin can all cause nausea by themselves through their effects on seretonin.

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: grimR]
    #8525760 - 06/15/08 01:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

woops didnt read ur post heh

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#8525791 - 06/15/08 01:53 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

porcupine said:

Sorry, but that's like saying you're going to get nausea from eating a banana, man. :shrug:

how is it anything like saying youre going to get nausea from eating a banana? bananas arent 5HT agonists.

The odds that you get nausea from eating a banana are slim to none; the odds that you get nausea from taking some good  LSD, Psilocybin, or Psilocin are slim to none. I have never met a single person throughout my entire life who has had nausea from LSD. Sure, it can happen, but will it happen to the original poster of this thread? Most likely not.

Just because something acts upon your serotonin receptor sites, doesn't mean that it's going to make you regurgitate or shit all over the place. MANY substances bind to that site. Sure, some may cause nausea, but honestly, the odds that they will, like I said, are slim to none. That's like saying that somebody is going to have a seizure from acid. It's rare, but it does happen. People get bitten by sharks and struck by lightning bolts, but the odds that it'll happen to you are slim, mate.

--------------------

The DMT Chronicles

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#8525799 - 06/15/08 02:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Pure psilocybin and pure psilocin eliminate the otherwise gastrointestinal effects that mushrooms may make some individuals experience. Pure mescaline does the same. It's not the fact that these substances bond to 5HT receptor sites and mimic serotonin that make them nauseating, but rather, it's the impurities and the excess plant matter of these substances that make them nauseating.

4-HO-DMT is notorious for having no body-load. The same goes for Mescaline. Just go and try some Peruvian Torch powder, and then go and try some pure Mescaline.

--------------------

The DMT Chronicles

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #8525880 - 06/15/08 03:00 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

eat it all for sure man, trippin alone on cid is wonderful you'll get lots of time too learn about yourself and from what you learn better your life.:thumbup:

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
    #8526384 - 06/15/08 10:43 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Feanor said:
Pure psilocybin and pure psilocin eliminate the otherwise gastrointestinal effects that mushrooms may make some individuals experience. Pure mescaline does the same. It's not the fact that these substances bond to 5HT receptor sites and mimic serotonin that make them nauseating, but rather, it's the impurities and the excess plant matter of these substances that make them nauseating.

4-HO-DMT is notorious for having no body-load. The same goes for Mescaline. Just go and try some Peruvian Torch powder, and then go and try some pure Mescaline.

just do a search on here, you;ll find plenty of people who experience some nausea on lsd.

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Will I handle LSD alone? [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8526575 - 06/15/08 11:59 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
eat it all for sure man, trippin alone on cid is wonderful you'll get lots of time too learn about yourself and from what you learn better your life.:thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

The DMT Chronicles

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#8526578 - 06/15/08 12:01 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

porcupine said:
Quote:

Feanor said:

just do a search on here, you;ll find plenty of people who experience some nausea on lsd.

Hmm.. Well, I am interested. How about we just make a thread about this and have a poll for members to vote whether they get nausea from LSD or not? I'll go ahead and make it. I'd like to see what the results will be.

--------------------

The DMT Chronicles

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate