Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLeinahtan
The Cultivator
Male

Loc: Iowa
Traditional Ayahuasca Brew
    #8521168 - 06/13/08 06:57 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm looking for someone to provide information on brewing a traditional batch of ayahuasca, I've searched on the forums for information on traditional and also on the net not too extensively, and have not found a pure traditional brew tek. I have 10g Mimosa Hostilis and 5g Syrian Rue.

In my understanding, I could just eat the Syrian Rue 15-30 min before mixing the M. Hostilis with water and drinking that. Please correct me if I am wrong, with necessary heat brewing information, if needed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Traditional Ayahuasca Brew [Re: Leinahtan]
    #8521201 - 06/13/08 07:06 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

While Syrian Rue and Mimosa Hostilis were both very likely used at some point historically, people tend to mean P. Viridis and B. Caapi when they talk about "traditional" ayahuasca.

Anyway, that's not really important, since the variation in effects isn't all that huge, and many actually prefer the combination you have available.

I'd recommend not using more than 3g of Syrian Rue, and quite possibly closer to 2 or even 1.5. Powder the seeds, soak them in lemon juice for 10 minutes, add water, bring it to a light simmer for 10 minutes or so, and that's done.

Soak the (powdered!) mimosa in lemon juice for 10 minutes, then add water and boil it for at least 20 minutes. I tend to either use lots of water, and slowly boil it down to a drinkable amount, or sieve out the powder, boil it in three fresh pans of water, add all the water together and then boil it down.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds