Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Southern Idaho
    #8516535 - 06/12/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted. I'm in Southern Idaho right now, right by Sun Valley/Pioneer mountain range. Not much up here really. I was looking at the 'mapping the mycelial network' and saw that most of the mushrooms known grew in the fall. I was wondering, since I've heard that it's pretty out of date, if there's any discluded species, or if some of the fruiting times may be off (any growing in the spring or summer?). I've got really easy access to horsse and cow manure, and lots of wood mulch. Not sure if there's many people who have done much in Southern Idaho, but I'm sure there's lots of PNW'ers out there. Thanks!

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Southern Idaho [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #8516623 - 06/12/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Mapping the mycelial network is out of date, the updated document is here:

3. Do not ask what mushrooms can be found growing in your state or immediate area.
This information is easily found in the Mushroom Hunting FAQ and/or has been posted at least once elsewhere on the net. Also see this document: http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

For an area with as many diverse mushroom species as Idaho, it is surprisingly devoid of actives.  And not for lack of looking - The North American Mycological Association - has its annual foray coming up in Mccall, Idaho on Sep 4 - 7 of this year, and has had it in Idaho several times in the past.  They make a big list of all the species they can possibly find, visiting as many habitats as possible.  You should really try to go, mushroom collectors from all over north america will gather there for the annual massive foray.  It will be interesting to see if any actives make it to the species list this year. 

The 1966 NAMA foray in Idaho has a  species list that includes Psilocybe strictipes and Psilocybe caerulipes.  I consider the latter find doubtful but maybe there is something undiscovered out there that somewhat resembles it. 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix