Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: OOISI]
    #8506328 - 06/10/08 05:21 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Went for a wee wander today in a southern Eucalypt forest.

After around an hour I happened upon a solitary, bug-eaten specimen. This was the first sub I had ever found while hunting on my own and in a previously un-explored area. So I was quite chuffed.

Some time later I found a perfect little gully that turned up quite a few more. I did find subs last weekend with Trixxy, but they were his spots and I was merely following his lead. It's cool to have found a spot of my own, not so far from home.

I'm still learning to use my digital camera properly and have had to delete quite a few blurry pics. But here is a taste of my trip.

Her's the collective haul... (reference point - 50 cent piece)

I thought this sub was extremely meaty. Really fleshy cap and solid stalk. At first I though it wasnt a sub but it stained blue and has the correct spore print so...

Now i just have to find the time and courage to eat them... Never tripped before so it should be interesting, just a little apprehensive though tripping alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Loc: SA
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: Para Noia]
    #8506425 - 06/10/08 06:51 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

well done nice finds.:thumbup:

its good when you find a new patch:crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: 2SWZZL]
    #8506532 - 06/10/08 08:22 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Sweet pics OOISI and Para Noia. Good to See some of you south arsholes finding something:)

BTW what sort of dog is that Para. Am Bulldog?

Offlinegregster
Stranger
    #8506804 - 06/10/08 10:02 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

I found some on monday that i would like some help identifying. Having trouble uploading the photos...they r jpeg but the Allowed extensions are only: .7z .ac3 .avi .chm .doc .flac .flv .kmz .m4a .mov .mp3 .mp4 .mpeg .mpg .nzb .odt .ogg .pdf .pgp .psd .ra .rar .rm .torrent .txt .wav .wma .wmv .xpi .zip....???? help:confused:

Offlinemariomushroomman
Stranger
    #8506815 - 06/10/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

does anyone know what kind of mushroom this is? found in the adelaide hills, cheers

Edited by mariomushroomman (06/10/08 10:22 AM)

Offlinegregster
Stranger
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: mariomushroomman]
    #8509090 - 06/10/08 09:31 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Hey can anyone help me identify these mushrooms i the Adelaide Hills. Are they the biz or what?

Offlinesollie
psilosopher
Male

Loc: south oz
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: gregster]
    #8509425 - 06/10/08 10:59 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

that's the shot para noia, top effort. i'd say two of those big ones fresh or in a tea would be a good first trip if you are already experienced in acid/weed/other drugs etc. if not, just try one. you'll want to get a feel of the mushie trip without going too fullon.

here's some highlights from my latest walk this morning.

--------------------
SPORE WATER
IN USE

Edited by sollie (06/10/08 11:00 PM)

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: sollie]
    #8509784 - 06/11/08 12:52 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for the comments people.

Well, your not far wrong shroomemup, its an American Bulldog (taller and longer than the English variety) - beautiful natured dog.

Wait...

Just noticed you actually wrote Am Bulldog. If that's what you meant, pretty damn impressive. How on earth did you pick that from just the lower legs?

Very nice habitat shots there Sollie.

Edited by Para Noia (06/11/08 01:05 AM)

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: Para Noia]
    #8509859 - 06/11/08 01:22 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

HaHa yeah I thought it was. Ive got a few mates with them. One who breeds so Ive seen heaps of em. Awesome dogs though, totally trustworthy even with little kids around.

Offlinecharlie.w
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: Shroomeup]
    #8509944 - 06/11/08 02:29 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

hey everyone.

today i found a patch of mushrooms growing in a creek in a patch of bark/mulch. the gills where white and left a rusty brown spore print, also when touched it would leave a rusty brown on my fingers. the cap was kinda of umbonate, light brown with a darker brown on the "nipple".
anyone know what this is and can give me a site with more information?
thanks

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SAust.
Re: Australia - Adelaide/SA season 2008 [Re: charlie.w]
    #8510183 - 06/11/08 06:25 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

galerinas? charlie?

Good to see you've found some patches Para Noia, some nice looking ones you got there too, wavy caps and all.

OfflineNollykin
Enthusiast
Male

Am I too late? [Re: trixxy]
    #8512773 - 06/11/08 08:13 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Wait! wait! *runs in, panting*

...Am I too late? Have I missed out?

Heh. Sorry- I'm nolly, I'm new here. I've been lurking over the last week or so, reading up and soaking up everything the shroomery has to offer. I had my first lot of shrooms finally the other day- given to me by friends of friends. I decided afterwards that I just had to get into this hobby of finding the little suckers.

My friends and I went for a wander up in the adelaide hills on monday- one of us said he knew what we were looking for. In hindsight, he didnt. Haha. We found heaps of funny witches hat style things similar to those in the first few posts of this thread- which he said were liberties. I didn't think they grew here but I went along with it.

They didn't work (I didnt eat them, wasnt convinced- but the others did and nothing happened). I went back the next day for a look myself and found two mushies that looked a lot like gold tops, so I picked them and spore printed them. Sure enough, the spores are purpley/black. looking at these and the pics of subs, I think that's what they are. Obviously won't be eating them, they've rotted out now making the spore print.

Was thinking of going back there, but then, that whole area was pretty barren. What I wanted to ask all you knowlegable fellows is: Is it too late? have they all been picked by now? I was thinking of going for a wander tomorrow morning somewhere- see if I can go up to the hills and find myself some patches of my own- but I wasn't sure if it'd still be worth it?

I'm new to this, but willing and eager to learn. New to shrooms, that is- I've taken a lot of other things and am quite learned in the ways of substances. I'm one of those people who likes to learn how things work.

Anyway- Sorry for rambling. Cheers!

Nolly

--------------------
The Smurfs are little blue people who live in magic mushrooms. Think about it.

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

Re: Am I too late? [Re: Nollykin]
    #8513355 - 06/11/08 10:37 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Ok, deep breaths Nollykin...

Don't panic, in very general terms I think the season usually fires up around May and peters out in August. However, it all depends on the temperatures and rainfall of the particular season, so its a good idea to keep you're eye on the weather. We have had plenty of rain this last week, so now and the coming weekend would be a perfect time to start looking.

With ID of the shrooms, the best advice I can give you is either find an experienced shroomer who knows what they are doing to take you on a hunt or 2, and/or post photos of your finds along with sporeprint so that peolpe here can help you. It takes a little time to begin with, but once you have found a few, you will begin to pick them out of the crowd fairly easily.

Not so long ago I was kind of in the same boat, so I can understand your enthusiasm. Just do your research, there is an absolute wealth of information on this forum if you look back and take the time to read through it. Others from this site more knowledgable than myself (and there are many), will probably be able to elaborate.

Good luck anyway.

Offlinetrixxy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SAust.
Re: Am I too late? [Re: Nollykin]
    #8513865 - 06/12/08 01:23 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nollykin said:
Wait! wait! *runs in, panting*

...Am I too late? Have I missed out?

Heh. Sorry- I'm nolly, I'm new here. I've been lurking over the last week or so, reading up and soaking up everything the shroomery has to offer. I had my first lot of shrooms finally the other day- given to me by friends of friends. I decided afterwards that I just had to get into this hobby of finding the little suckers.

My friends and I went for a wander up in the adelaide hills on monday- one of us said he knew what we were looking for. In hindsight, he didnt. Haha. We found heaps of funny witches hat style things similar to those in the first few posts of this thread- which he said were liberties. I didn't think they grew here but I went along with it.

They didn't work (I didnt eat them, wasnt convinced- but the others did and nothing happened). I went back the next day for a look myself and found two mushies that looked a lot like gold tops, so I picked them and spore printed them. Sure enough, the spores are purpley/black. looking at these and the pics of subs, I think that's what they are. Obviously won't be eating them, they've rotted out now making the spore print.

Was thinking of going back there, but then, that whole area was pretty barren. What I wanted to ask all you knowlegable fellows is: Is it too late? have they all been picked by now? I was thinking of going for a wander tomorrow morning somewhere- see if I can go up to the hills and find myself some patches of my own- but I wasn't sure if it'd still be worth it?

I'm new to this, but willing and eager to learn. New to shrooms, that is- I've taken a lot of other things and am quite learned in the ways of substances. I'm one of those people who likes to learn how things work.

Anyway- Sorry for rambling. Cheers!

Nolly

3 things for sub id:

1-stains blue.

2-spore color.
3-habitat and looks like a sub.

Not sure on the third one as a solid rule though, but definitely the first two cannot be broken.

Congratulations for not eating something you're not 100% sure of is a sub (I mean even getting someone on here to ID via photo).  You should probably uppercut your friends  , not the smartest thing to eat any sub looking mushroom.

Patches usually fruit a few times a year, so theres basically a constant supply throughout the season provided you don't disturb the soil that the shrooms grow in too much/pick shroom patches by cutting the stems with scissors.

Good Luck.

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Re: a few pic's [Re: trixxy]
    #8514262 - 06/12/08 06:48 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

went for a walk today came across a few

[image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image]

[image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image][image align=none][/image]
:mushroom2::crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath 🗡
 User Gallery

Loc: BoobyTraps
Re: a few pic's [Re: 2SWZZL]
    #8514574 - 06/12/08 09:32 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

great work 2SWZZL you got yourself a lil gold mine there.
Nice ams too:thumbup:

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Re: a few pic's [Re: QuantumReality]
    #8516268 - 06/12/08 04:56 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

cheers dizzwizzle :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinecharlie.w
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8518454 - 06/13/08 04:10 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

today i went for a walk, just near my house. looking along the floor and i saw these redish looking balls ontop of stem... looked abit harder and found these red mushrooms.
can anyone help identify them? they looked quite perculiar so thought i might post them on here.
they had a dark brown spore print, and light brown gills. any help?

InvisiblePara Noia
Stranger

#8518524 - 06/13/08 04:55 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, nice pics 2SWZZL 

Sniffed out a few spanky new patches today. More southern Eucalypt habitats not far from my home.

Early on in the hunt I munched 4 smallish shrooms (freshly snipped) for what I hoped would be my first ever trip, but nothing...

Maybe a very slight sense of altered state, but really more placebo than anything.

I kept expecting the trip to take me by surprise (like when you eat potent cookies), but it was quite an anticlimax. Perhaps i didn't eat enough to reach threshold? Though i thought 4 would at least give me a bit of a tickle.

Should i perhaps try 8-10 of the smaller ones next time?

Once again i found myself deleting a heap of out of focus pics due to dodgy camera work on my part, but here are some of the 'less dodgy' pics.

Enjoy...

P.S. I would have put the pics in as clickable thumbnails to save room but, i don't know how to.

Edited by Para Noia (06/13/08 06:24 AM)

Offline2SWZZL
CAR FREAK
Male User Gallery

Re: a few pic's [Re: Para Noia]
    #8518653 - 06/13/08 07:01 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

well done para noia nice finds :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract