Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelester
String Snapper

How to improve initial colonization
    #8496970 - 06/07/08 06:03 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Been doing 1/2 pint pftek style jars with a failed attempt at 3 quart WBS jars - Can't seen to get the babies fully colonized and super white before pinning/casing. Can get them to a partial stage, but that's it. Everything goes super slooowww at the beginning.

Can bug a person when they see others attempts to colonize successful after 4 days .. and you've been at it for 2 weeks at 20% only

Any word on improving colonization? Agar? LC?

Using syringes for inoculation btw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: How to improve initial colonization [Re: lester]
    #8496982 - 06/07/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Get Rye berries at any health food store.  Is it possible your bird seed has fungicide added to it?  Perhaps your moisture content is off?

If I were you I'd just try the Rye and nix the bird seed.  My $.02.
N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinelester
String Snapper

Re: How to improve initial colonization [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8496993 - 06/07/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Was gonna look into Rye next - thanx :smile:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #8497020 - 06/07/08 06:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Good call.  Let us know if it makes any difference.  I bet it will.  :crazy2:

Good luck!
N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: How to improve initial colonization [Re: Nature Boy]
    #8497245 - 06/07/08 07:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

To get an answer to your question, you'll have to provide the means used to hydrate the wbs, the type of jar and filter/gas exchange provisions, and the method of sterilization and storage during colonization.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinelester
String Snapper

Re: How to improve initial colonization [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #8507045 - 06/10/08 11:22 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Sorry RR - the WBS was done following Doc's Tek. All items remained true to the tek.

They received bacterial contamination and stuck to heaven heaven when emptied ..

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
    #8507112 - 06/10/08 11:44 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Inoculate with a wedge of agar cut off the leading edge of growth in the dish, that way your well prepared grain does not have to wait around for the spores to germinate. AFAIK that is the best way to "improve initial colonization" and is a priority for my upcoming project.

Temperature swings in the range of 15-20 degrees can force air exchange creating a perfect environment for bacillus which will slime up all your grain right quick. Avoid this at all costs, try to find a place you can keep your qt jars that will remain within a stable 5 degree temperature window, I like to be between 70-75 MAX, 65-70 is perfectly adequate.

I don't follow Doc's tek or use WBS, but from the link I found it appears as if the instructions are to use tyvek under the lid which has a 1/4" diameter hole stuffed with polyfill. Personally I have tried tyvek with many different hole diameters and configurations, it is a waste of time as far as quart size grain spawn jars are concerned. I use 1" hole stuffed with polyfill in all my rye grain jars and only use the aluminum foil during PC to keep dripping water off the filter material.

If qt jars I inoculate with syringes aren't showing myc within 5-7 days they get emptied, and if they aren't done within 28 days of germination they are emptied as well. The window you have is much shorter to work with in all aspects. Ideally the results I see from spore inoculation are a 3 day window for germination and about a 21 day colonization period with a shake at about 20% which is about 10 days in. Second generation transfer jars should be done in 10 days and I never shake them during recovery/colonization, only once after the transfer to disperse the loaded grain.

Edited by xeallos (06/10/08 12:09 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale