Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethealtoidking
Stranger

Re: can i legally be killed in Florida for trespassing and picking shrooms? [Re: token matt]
    #8666164 - 07/22/08 02:56 AM (14 years, 24 days ago)

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the forums but I live in FL and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

A couple people mentioned asking the farmers permission to search their field and I must say it's the best option.

I live between Palatka and Green Cove Springs and one landowner (name remains private) has never had any problem with myself and a couple others searching his property. We even said specifically what we were looking for. Not all Floridians are dumb, single-minded rednecks that have a grudge against hippies. Some are quite friendly and may even show you the best spots.

-The Altoid King

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehaxiumen
Chilam
 User Gallery

Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #10024319 - 03/23/09 05:46 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:

All of the smart people live in Georgia and Mississippi.

yep, all the smart people live there -

yep

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: DannyGlick]
    #10024373 - 03/23/09 06:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DannyGlick said:
Even worse you could be ass raped and then killed or vice versa.:yesnod:

Personally I usually only hunt on public property. Thank god, there's an abundance of it where I live. All the forests are publicly accessible, even if parts of them are privately owned. You are just not allowed to remove wood from them, but you can pick mushrooms all you want. For actives that grow in pastures, these are usually separated and far away from the owners' houses and farmers in Germany don't carry guns, so all that might happen is that they bitch at you, but most of the time, as long as you treat their property with respect, they will just let you go about your business. Sometimes they ask you what you are doing, but I always tell them that I am collecting mushrooms and they are fine with that. I once trespassed onto the property of a horse farm and found massive amounts of Liberty Caps there. Then I ran into the owners. They asked me what I was doing and I told them, as usual. All they said was "Don't be eating too many of those, eh?" and went right past.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineC.M. Mann
subconscious explorer
Male

Loc: Florida
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: mushroomhead28]
    #10024392 - 03/23/09 06:23 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I am in central Fl., also. The shrooms are everywhere!

Offlinephishhead
down to fragglerock...
 User Gallery

Loc: roswell, georgia
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #10024619 - 03/23/09 08:31 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

why are you tired of those two answers to ask or make up a good story? I guess jumping into a field with no permission with a beware of dog sign is a much better idea. Thats why so many kids get arrested every year because of people like you that dont care about anything else but picking some shrooms and getting fucked up. Maybe you should look at it thru that "rednecks" eyes. Some strange kid on his property around his livestock without permission, yeah id say get the hell out too. Ive asked permission to every spot i go to that is located in a field and ive been turned down once. Guess why? Because people had tromped thru his land without asking and left trash everywhere and the gates open so he didnt want that happening again. point is there not gonna call the cops on you for asking its the going in without permission that gets you in jail.

--------------------
"Moderation is the key to life..."

OfflineAgent 47
Male

Loc: Western PA Flag
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: token matt]
    #10024743 - 03/23/09 09:40 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Don't be afraid to get the answer "No". They world doesn't end,, believe it or not. Just say "Alright Thankyou and walkaway. Or turn around and turn him into sand with you 50 cal. (That's what I would do)

InvisibleUrb
OTD Exterminator
Male User Gallery

Loc: WhoDat Nation
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #10024872 - 03/23/09 10:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
No no. Keys are in the pockets, put the car in the barn no one will ever know. Bury the car maybe. Push it in a swamp, middle of their five-thousand acres.

Land owners (Old Florida) have slashed tires of people *suspected* to be parking next to their pastureland in order to find mushrooms (trespass).

Police have written down license plates of people *suspected* to be parking next to a pastureland in order to find mushrooms, and track them down. Go to their house, go to their *school* even, search, arrest.

Do not mess with Florida law enforcement, red-neck land owners, and certainly not the judicial system.

:mushroom2:

Weren't you they guy praising how it was legal to have mushrooms in florida GG?

--------------------
Texas Honey Badger said:
I went to boys town in Nuevo Laredo when I was in my early ‘30s
There was a bunch of trannys even way back then
I paid probably $20 but I was so drunk I couldn’t get a hard on:faded:
That was a shitshow and cured me from ever going to a whore house again:crankey:

quote]Fiery said:
I wish I was a young sexy woman so I could have awesome sexy adventures all the time[/quote]

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: Urb]
    #10025095 - 03/23/09 11:41 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Urb said:
Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
No no. Keys are in the pockets, put the car in the barn no one will ever know. Bury the car maybe. Push it in a swamp, middle of their five-thousand acres.

Land owners (Old Florida) have slashed tires of people *suspected* to be parking next to their pastureland in order to find mushrooms (trespass).

Police have written down license plates of people *suspected* to be parking next to a pastureland in order to find mushrooms, and track them down. Go to their house, go to their *school* even, search, arrest.

Do not mess with Florida law enforcement, red-neck land owners, and certainly not the judicial system.

:mushroom2:

Weren't you they guy praising how it was legal to have mushrooms in florida GG?

at one time he may have been, i'm not sure if that little fresh mushroom law still holds weight here.  his spiel about old florida is still true though, people here genuinely do not give a fuck.  i know plenty of ripe aged farmers that would kill you and dispose of the body and never lose a wink of sleep over it.

tresspassing down here is NOT reccomended.  hell id just assume grow my own before i'd tresspass on these old fuckers land.

InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: haxiumen]
    #10025215 - 03/23/09 12:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yay for bumping nine month old threads, good job haxiumen :thumbup:

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #10025619 - 03/23/09 01:31 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Didn't even notice that. :facepalm:

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #10025772 - 03/23/09 02:04 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GGreatOne234 said:
Do not mess with the deep south.

Florida, is retarded.

I was trying to think of a nicer way of placing those words here but I haven't figured one out yet.

For real, living in Florida melts brain cells, or just puts a human at a immediate disadvantage for intellect. And I am not kidding.

hahaha

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Offlinehaxiumen
Chilam
 User Gallery

Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #10031729 - 03/24/09 11:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MadSeasonAbove said:
yay for bumping nine month old threads, good job haxiumen :thumbup:

haha, yeah i was just searching for florida and had to defend it, or at least attack georgia and miss, wtf?  i totally agree florida has some idiots down here, but so does everywherethefuckelse, especially mississippi, i mean really.
didn't mean to attract the repeats of telling this guy not to be an asshole hunter though, proceed with your newposttopics

Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #10032222 - 03/24/09 01:24 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

C.M. Mann said:

Haha oldie but goodie thread.  The shrooms are not everwhere in Florida right now.  It will still be another month or so.  damnit

~

--------------------
"Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."

Offlinepsilophile82
stilltrillchillpill>realdeal
 User Gallery

Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #10037735 - 03/25/09 11:37 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroomgatherer said:
Quote:

C.M. Mann said:

Haha oldie but goodie thread.  The shrooms are not everwhere in Florida right now.  It will still be another month or so.  damnit

~

TRUE THAT!

--------------------
"chaos is the nature of order"

InvisibleMoorning Due
been know to derp

Loc: ether jet of existence
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #19049479 - 10/29/13 12:47 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:

I doubt they would want to kill you but if they did there are plenty of canals and gators to take care of bodies.

But then the cops would find your abandoned car near the field and it would turn into a whole mess.

Sounds like the beginning to a John Grisham book!

--------------------
Cause we all have wings. But some of us don't know why...

My very own funnies thread: LINKY

OfflineFoxDie
Spelunkin'
Male

Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: Moorning Due]
    #19049534 - 10/29/13 12:57 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

Just do pick while wearing a hoodie and eating Skittles :wink:

--------------------
Feels like my asshole's on fire... FEELS LIKE MY ASSHOLES ON FIRE!

Invisiblehappyfunguy
teonanacatl acolyte
Male

Loc: Clark County, WA Flag
Re: can i legally be killed in florida for tresspassing and picking shrooms? [Re: FoxDie]
    #19049849 - 10/29/13 02:19 AM (8 years, 9 months ago)

As an ex-FL resident and as this thread has been resurrected after 4.5 years, I thought I'd chime in.

Quote:

elmanimal said:
Some of these old Florida guys wouldnt mind a chance to shoot AT you.  I doubt they would want to kill you but if they did there are plenty of canals and gators to take care of bodies.

I got hit in the knee/shin with a rock-salt laden shotgun blast over a decade ago. It was almost as much agony as kidney stones. Prosecution was dropped. It seemed as if their anti-government tendency leads them to distrust cops almost as much as we do.

The point being, when you're on their land, they set the rules. "Stand your ground" has now been upheld in a very public way, and if you don't engage with the property holder, expect any form of repercussion.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder