Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: The Self [Re: Rhizoid]
    #8499074 - 06/08/08 08:29 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Good point - our faculties aren't accidents.

I do seem to sound like I'm fond of people degenerating into the the 'beat' lifestyle. I guess I'm a little partial to that lifestyle because my life is pretty close to it, and, I'm pretty displeased with man's "technology" and the society it powers.

So there is a line to be followed, towards a more robust civilization, but there is a source, which, when a person is in touch with it, certain behaviours and thoughts are 'clipped' off by principle (there's, for example, a
brotherhood type feeling)... a lot of the behaviours that have led to our very unstable global situation. The way I see it sticking to the source, the Self, there is a much lower chance of things going wrong.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

Re: The Self [Re: burgatory]
    #8500231 - 06/08/08 04:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

BRING FORTH THE WORLD TEACHER OF 'WAY' BACK:mushroom2:

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: The Self [Re: C.M. Mann]
    #8500704 - 06/08/08 06:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

BFTD, Do you have any ideas on how you can access the mind beyond these layers or shells, and expand into these deeper areas.  Or is it even possible.  I have been thinking on this for a long time, and I would like to get some honest input.

this could be a lifelong journey of dissolving the binds that prevent us from unfolding these deeper layers of awareness into our experience, or we could dive into it all at once through frequent high dosing of psychedelics and meditating hours a day. 

but when it is done all at once, we have to return at some point to the chaotic thought infested mind that we were once used to. and when this happens we are going to see all of these thought patterns as something totally alien alien to us.  from the deep silence that we cultivated through frequent heavy trips, is going to come this world of duality that we originally sought out to transcend, when the power of the entheogens wears off.  it gets quite heavy, and takes a lot of time to reintegrate these two worlds into a more unified perspective

meditation (1-2 hours per day), and psychedelics in moderation seems like a balanced and productive path to take, and integration should not be as hard.  the more this goes on the deeper we may travel into the many layers of awareness.

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male

Loc: Under the C
    #8500774 - 06/08/08 07:24 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I'm pretty displeased with man's "technology"

Now tell us that same message without using the technology that displeases you.

--------------------

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: The Self [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8500797 - 06/08/08 07:32 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:

LOOK OVER YONDER.....!

Emoticons may be lost in translation, it is a little windy here....

>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: The Self [Re: deranger]
    #8500800 - 06/08/08 07:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

The thought patterns do have a tendency to return with a vengeance. From personal experience I can say that if you keep forcing them to an extreme they'll stop appearing randomly - they appear to be hooked to central constructs like a social and world concept which can be removed, which then prevent tbe mind from jumping between thought patterns to deal within certain situations - it instead stays clear, nowhere is anywhere else.

There is some change that takes place in the brain that allows thought to 'slow down' progressively if this is willed. A good thing about this is that you can start to see how carelessness constructs most of our reality by accident - we kind of just let the brain freely associate, and in worst cases this can lead to very negative thought patterns. It can occur so fast that you can be convinced that "you're" not even doing it, but you ARE choosing to let the brain freely associate. Everything that happens to you is your own doing...

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

jesus

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: The Self [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8500808 - 06/08/08 07:36 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

BEEP BEEP BEEP-BEEP BEEP BEEP-BEEP-BEEP BEEP BEEP

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#8500895 - 06/08/08 08:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

From personal experience I can say that if you keep forcing them to an extreme they'll stop appearing randomly

making it a practise to become aware of this mental construct seems to have quite the effect on our ability to recognize and detach from these various associations and patterns.  and yes, they do stop appearing so rapidly like they normally would.  the day seems more spacial and clear. 

but i don't know about forcing anything...

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#8500910 - 06/08/08 08:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

burgatory said:
Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

BEEP BEEP BEEP-BEEP BEEP BEEP-BEEP-BEEP BEEP BEEP

technology is great, without it we wouldn't have the shroomery or throbbing music festivals.  it's having grown up beside the tv that gives me a sickly feeling :syringe:

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#8500934 - 06/08/08 08:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said:
From personal experience I can say that if you keep forcing them to an extreme they'll stop appearing randomly

making it a practise to become aware of this mental construct seems to have quite the effect on our ability to recognize and detach from these various associations and patterns.  and yes, they do stop appearing so rapidly like they normally would.  the day seems more spacial and clear. 

but i don't know about forcing anything...

I had a bit of an episode where all these ways I was thinking came in, consumed me, and collapsed. When it becomes obvious that all thought patterns can be reproduced in the present, without having to be in a certain situation, our whole approach to a situation changes - it's learnt that thought patterns are applied and don't stem from the situation itself. By continually having these thought patterns forced upon oneself they lose their worth, and they lose their association with concepts. Forcing is bad but it seems to just come on that way once you drop out of the modern system.

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#8500994 - 06/08/08 08:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

By continually having these thought patterns forced upon oneself they lose their worth, and they lose their association with concepts.

but how do you get to that state, what is it that you do?  how would you force these against yourself?  bring them to attention?  i get what you mean, just not what it is that you do.

OfflineSSM_Arts
Shaman
Male

Loc: CA
    #8501071 - 06/08/08 08:54 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said:
By continually having these thought patterns forced upon oneself they lose their worth, and they lose their association with concepts.

but how do you get to that state, what is it that you do?  how would you force these against yourself?  bring them to attention?  i get what you mean, just not what it is that you do.

eat mushroooms.

--------------------

Dedication, Patience & tenacity is the curve that grades a wannabe from a true cultivator. - Agar

“The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.”
- Socrates

I had to go to the hospital for sinus treatment a couple years ago. I recommended THIS to anyone with sinusitus or nasal problems. It's amazing!

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: The Self [Re: SSM_Arts]
    #8501160 - 06/08/08 09:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

that's obviously a way, but i'm talking about a method to be used outside of (and along with) the entheogenic experience, to integrate and grow the teachings of the plants into our everyday perception.  there is a lot more inner growth to be had when not relying solely on the plants.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: The Self [Re: SSM_Arts]
    #8501190 - 06/08/08 09:22 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

It's not quite a voluntary process - there is a border between conscious and subsconscious thought, and you can draw this border back by stilling the mind (meditation/willpower, psychedelic drugs), and when this happens the subsconscious content pours into consciousness, and some of this content is the thought patterns you'd usually apply when you meet a new person or go out somewhere or make a judgment of something.

Think of the mind as something that fills up over time with thought, and the bubbles rising to the surface occasionally are your conscious thoughts. However, if you leave the mind to simply stay still, the force creating those conscious bubbles builds up inside, until it gets to a point where the contents of the mind begin to flow out of the mind in order to make room for the expanding force of concentration on the present - the unused force giving rise to conscious thoughts. All those ways of thinking that you have been conditioned into and have also selected yourself begin to come to conscious attention and if not followed through as impulses to other thoughts (to deflate the rising force inside) they are ejected from the mind altogether. You could also think of it as two circles, one huge and the other small, the smaller one being conscious attention, and every time you think you keep this smaller circle small, because it has a certain amount of energy which corresponds to its area. If you leave the mind to still itself, and do not use the energy of this smaller circle, it slowly builds energy and expands into the territory of the larger circle, and then thought is selected from a more vast expanse of possibilities. Assume thought is more or less random, and is randomly selected from the area available to the smaller circle.

Hopefully that makes more sense...

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

#8501217 - 06/08/08 09:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

You can also consciously bring forth ideas, concepts and people that have proved troubling to you in the past and simply keep them on your mind until their significance deflates. For example if you had a person who was a psychic vampire in the past, you can imagine yourself being subject to their vampirism over and over again, and this will remove your attachment to yourself (self-importance), which keeps you pushing outwards into the world, rather than allowing the world to come inwards to you.

--------------------

joseph campbell

jesus

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

#8501243 - 06/08/08 09:34 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

makes much more sense.  almost felt like it was happening while reading it :laugh:

it's easier felt than explained, eh.

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8501264 - 06/08/08 09:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: The Self [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8501275 - 06/08/08 09:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:rofl2: great

wonder how that guy goes about reading his own book.  and hopefully hes got a pencil with an eraser.

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8501482 - 06/08/08 10:36 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SyntheticMInd said:
:rofl2: great

wonder how that guy goes about reading his own book.  and hopefully hes got a pencil with an eraser.

BOOKS...!!

You just rip the pages out.  And use the small one to make a stash for your weed.  Cut a hole in it.:cheers:

--------------------

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: The Self [Re: backfromthedead]
    #8501558 - 06/08/08 10:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i'd smoke to that, cept i got none :sad:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder