Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
Niestche, Bush, and Christianity.
    #807408 - 08/09/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Niestche once qouted the bible, and the part of it was from Luke, where Luke supposedly says, you are with us or against us, in his translation he read. Niestche then said, that is the quickest way to turn everyone to your enemy. I could'nt agree more. But actually what this part of the bible says, is that luke was saying that who could be against us (are spirituality spread) when we are with god. And then bush to take another stab at being christian like, quoted the first on t.v. and said you are with us, or with the terrorists, a t.v. speech he make, that I missed, but read about, Peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Niestche, Bush, and Christianity. [Re: nugsarenice]
    #807413 - 08/09/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I love you but it's Nietzsche.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #807555 - 08/09/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

1. Nietzsche SAID? C'mon, don't just throw out interpretations without a reference... which book?

2. I hope English isn't your native language.

3. Your point is what exactly? (or are you just expounding?)

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisiblexnevermore
? Ω?

Loc: The Twilight Zone
    #812930 - 08/12/02 11:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

How can you have THAT many posts under your belt and yet remain so incomprehensible. Take a fucking writing class.

--------------------
- xnevermore

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: Niestche, Bush, and Christianity. [Re: xnevermore]
    #813013 - 08/12/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

How can you have THAT many posts under your belt and yet remain so incomprehensible. Take a fucking writing class.

First and foremost - writting comprehensibility has absolutely nothing to do with how often someone writes, or how many posts they have, or whatever. I can write a hundred thousand posts of pure jibberish or a hundred thousand posts of insightful BS...and neither one would automatically result in people having an easier time understanding whatever it is I'm trying to convey. Experience doesn't always result in getting better at something. If someone learns to do something the wrong way in the beginning and continues to do it the wrong way forevermore he will still be doing it the wrong way. Not to say nugsarenice's post actually is written wrongly...that's just a generalization.

Secondly (and I think more imprtantly) - Saying stuff like " take a fucking writing class" generally belittles only yourself. If you want to make a point, you can easily do it without putting someone else down. By pointing out flaws in nugsarenice's post (or more specifically things you think of as flaws) is only making you seem like an idiot and certainly doesn't do much to make nugsarenice want to rethink his phrasing (at least, in my opinion anyways)

A little courtesy goes a long way.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Edited by Mystical_Craven (08/12/02 12:12 PM)

Invisiblexnevermore
? Ω?

Loc: The Twilight Zone
Re: Niestche, Bush, and Christianity. [Re: Mystical_Craven]
    #813057 - 08/12/02 12:35 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

First and foremost - writting comprehensibility has absolutely nothing to do with how often someone writes, or how many posts they have, or whatever.
Of course it does. It's called experience.

Secondly (and I think more imprtantly) - Saying stuff like " take a fucking writing class" generally belittles only yourself. If you want to make a point, you can easily do it without putting someone else down.
OK, my intention was not to "belittle" or offend anyone. I was merely trying to encourage greater post clarity. You could argue that I could've done it in a better way, but nevertheless, my point was made.

By pointing out flaws in nugsarenice's post (or more specifically things you think of as flaws) is only making you seem like an idiot
Speaking incoherently also makes a person seem like an idiot.
Also, isn't calling me an idiot a little hypocritical? You're basically telling me to make my point without offending, yet you're unable to do the same.

--------------------
- xnevermore

InvisibleMystical_Craven
mentally illpsychonaught

Loc: Earth
Re: Niestche, Bush, and Christianity. [Re: xnevermore]
    #813180 - 08/12/02 01:58 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

First and foremost - writting comprehensibility has absolutely nothing to do with how often someone writes, or how many posts they have, or whatever.
Of course it does. It's called experience.

Perhaps you missed the part where I mentioned "Experience doesn't always result in getting better at something. If someone learns to do something the wrong way in the beginning and continues to do it the wrong way forevermore he will still be doing it the wrong way." I believe this applies to writting just as much as anything else in life.

In reply to:

isn't calling me an idiot a little hypocritical? You're basically telling me to make my point without offending, yet you're unable to do the same

Good point...maybe I too should consider rethinking my phrasing.

--------------------

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go..." T.S. Eliot

Edited by Mystical_Craven (08/12/02 02:00 PM)

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Niestche, Bush, and Christianity. [Re: Sclorch]
    #849137 - 08/28/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry dude, to piss you off, but I forget which book, I was looking through the complete collection organized by Walter Kaufman, which supposedly was a good translation, at least better then the first.

My point is, is that stupid people are continually quoting this part of the bible, in the wrong meaning. and Bush decided to make himself one of them. I think Nietzche was aware of the real meaning, and I think he wrote then in jest towards americans who probraly still quoting that meaning in the first sense at that time.

Again here are the two meanings,

1. You are either with us or against us.
2. Who can be against us when we are with god.

Can you see a big difference between the two quotations from Luke? Which one is in your bible.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #849655 - 08/28/02 04:20 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Forget Americans... I bet that less than a million people worldwide truly understand Nietzsche. If the rest did, we'd have no wars.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
    #850217 - 08/28/02 09:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

...and being the observer that I am I have noticed something about this thread and all threads like it...

...nothing gets a response from people like a mixture of words that have aim and insult...

...nothing gets a response like insulting someone else's intelligence...

...I'm wondering when the thread will deviate back to the point of it's original post...

...I'm also wondering if anyone would disagree with the following stream:

Thoughts influence mood and mood influences thought: true.

when you compose a paragraph you must use thought...
if the content of the paragraph you are composing contains negative overtones, then the inspiration to create that particular composition is bourne from negative thoughts. The time it takes you to complete the composition is equal to the amount of time you have littered yourself with ill thought, mood, and energies. All for what? As soon as you dedicate yourself to writing an equally (if not more) "intelligent" reply that is decadent with aim and insult, your challenger has already won...

... it's better to grin and think "fuck off" and leave your challenger desperately searching for another fool to get a rise from...

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
    #850986 - 08/29/02 09:59 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I guess I have'nt got that far into reading niestche, to o give him the credit of creating world peace, but my signature is also a quote from niestche,, I love that one too.

Anonymous

#851610 - 08/29/02 04:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Nietzsche would roll over in his grave?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder