Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: blkjkrabbit]
    #8493109 - 06/06/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

It's 4:21, tell us your story.

I've smoked pot from 1990-2002, and from 1992-2002 I smoked multiple times daily, just about every day.

Often, smoking pot gave me a particularly unpleasant feeling in the chest. I had yet to find out I had a heart condition. As the years went by the chest discomfort became evermore serious and frequent.

But hey, it was just pot right? No harm in that right?

Wrong. In the last year and a half of smoking I had 2-3 events that in retrospect probably were small heart attacks. Finally 27 december 2002, after blazing particularly hard and going to bed, I woke up in the middle of a heart attack.

Intensive care unit, fighting for my life, having to make peace with dying.. bad stuff.

I vowed not to smoke weed again.

Throughout the years I also acquired all sorts of anxiety issues which were strongest when I was highest. Pot-induced anxiety disorders.

I was in DENIAL. I mitigated everything, and everything became trivial when you could just light up and be beyond conflict. My energy level was LOW. My mood on average was LOW. My memory was SHOT. I was a particularly young senior citizen during my stoner years.

But I quit smoking. And lo and behold.. My mood lifted. Memory got better. Energy levels returned. No more munchies and wanting to light up at inappropriate times. The chest pains, so common with pot, were much fewer and much less severe.

I had a hard time adjusting back to sober life, and not using pot as an escape hatch to oblivion.

Compared to my stoned years, being sober is almost like a high. Racing thoughts, feeling tired, being intoxicated and all that jazz? No thanks!

Results vary, but for me pot held me back, bigtime. If it wasn't for the interesting thoughts weed evoked, getting stoned became almost synonymous to dumbing down.

I felt dependent and pot brought issues every day. But, in denial at the time, I manouvred myself around reality and made up what I wanted to believe and almost believed it too.

And for a lot on these boards its still like that. Tar from your pipe is actually resin that you can smoke again. Weed smoke isnt bad for you at all. Yeah right just stay away from old hippies who hack coughs like they've been smoking rubber all those years :rolleyes:

Did pot have up sides? Why yes, but the constant smoking of it gave me physical and mental health problems. My presence in social groups and conversations.. I was a ghost of what I am now, my mind tied up in racing thoughts and sedation.

I recently experimented with hash a bit. Nah, its just not for me. I got the stuff in my house to offer guests (Dutch hospitality, want a joint with that coffee?) but I don't feel like smoking.

Weed all went south when I started smoking it daily, and despite this I smoked daily, all the time, for ten years more.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: Asante]
    #8493187 - 06/06/08 03:39 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Wiccan, what do you think about mushrooms, LSD, and other ethnos?

I was never a big smoker, I smoked the last two years of highschool and the first year and a half of college.  I smoked on average, about every 2nd to 3rd day, with binges in between of course.

It really came down to my realization that pot made me feel BAD about myself.  I did enjoy many aspects of marijuana, but one common denominator between many of my sessions was that I would feel a depression of sorts.  I became so unmotivated after smoking, that I decided "I don't need to keep torturing myself like this".  I just quit cold turkey. 

It was hard at first to turn down offers from friends, but eventually, my friends became less persistent until I either didn't hang around them anymore, or they accepted that I didn't smoke anymore.  At the present, I have lost all of my connections, holding down a great job, and have no (easy) way of getting pot anyway.  It's a non-issue currently.

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: Brugman]
    #8493204 - 06/06/08 03:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

4:21 is my time of the year to listen to method man.

The only reason I'd stop smoking cannabis is so I can apreciate it more. It never gets boring. Why, the day it gets boring, that's like saying that's the day my brain gets boring.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: D4NK]
    #8493263 - 06/06/08 04:00 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan, what do you think about mushrooms, LSD, and other ethnos?

Well other ethnos can be anything, from Kratom to Datura.

LSD and particularly Mushrooms have greatly enriched my life. I'm in my 15th year now of their use, and they become evermore rewarding still. I dose once every 1-3 months, and then typically 1.5-6mg psilocybin (0.25-1gr Cubies)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #8493282 - 06/06/08 04:05 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Well other ethnos can be anything, from Kratom to Datura.

LSD and particularly Mushrooms have greatly enriched my life. I'm in my 15th year now of their use, and they become evermore rewarding still. I dose once every 1-3 months, and then typically 1.5-6mg psilocybin (0.25-1gr Cubies)

1 gram of shrooms makes you trip?  You must be really sensitive.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: g00ru]
    #8493311 - 06/06/08 04:12 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm approximately 2-4x as sensitive to most psychedelics than most other people. Half a gram of cubies can have me tripping balls if the time is right.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblewickedsick
<(^.^<)<(^.^)>(>^.^)>
 User Gallery

#8493323 - 06/06/08 04:14 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
This thread is for people who have quit a pot "habit" and those considering doing so.

Why did you quit smoking pot? Are you glad you did? Are there benefits and downsides? Any interesting retrospectives to your former pot use?

It's 4:21, tell us your story.

i quite smoking pot 2 years ago; but i am still an advocate of legalization/decriminalization......

i would never put someone down for smoking a joint

--------------------
enjoy your seizure
"Ninja Jar ©"Tek
Mycelium Water TEK

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
You don't need to drill a lot of holes.  Some growers choose to fan several times per day instead.
RR [/quote]

OfflineDruggie04
Stranger

Loc: NC
Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: wickedsick]
    #8493351 - 06/06/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I smoked multiple times a day from when i was 14 to 19.  Six months ago I quit after realizing the effects just werent enjoyable anymore.

Benefits:
Good grades, More motivation, Got a great gf, More confidence, and more

Downsides:
None at this point, I really miss how lovely it was to get high when i was young, but pot is totally different for me these days.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#8493387 - 06/06/08 04:25 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

but i am still an advocate of legalization/decriminalization......

Same here. I'm pro-pot, but you got to get real about it in terms of risks and drawbacks and benefits. It has done me good, but on the whole there was more harm than good.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Invisiblethoughts
imagining.
Male User Gallery

Loc: here.
    #8493392 - 06/06/08 04:26 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

ive been blazin all day:bigblunt::bongload:

--------------------
I need Jesus.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: thoughts]
    #8493399 - 06/06/08 04:29 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Expensive day then :smirk:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8493441 - 06/06/08 04:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

wickedsick said:

i quite smoking pot 2 years ago; but i am still an advocate of legalization/decriminalization......

The same with me.  I completely support each individual's right to choose how they interact with their own body, including what they consume.

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: Brugman]
    #8493443 - 06/06/08 04:40 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i took a 4 month break up until 2 weeks ago, then got an 8th of some fine ass weed to celebrate summer starting. i'm out now, and don't think i'll buy any more for a while.

pot was very helpful in getting me to quit cigarettes, but i seem to make a lot of stupid choices when i'm stoned all the time. pot makes me lose perspective. i get waaay too caught up in the moment.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: JT]
    #8493590 - 06/06/08 05:27 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I stopped smoking pot so much when I lived in a house with no connections.  Then I just liked drinking better anyway.  But now I live with other people that have an insane collection of pieces and easy connections.  Now I smoke a lot :lol:

I may stop soon I guess...I do have a job now, but they don't drug test me :shrug:

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#8493642 - 06/06/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

But hey, it was just pot right? No harm in that right?

Wrong. In the last year and a half of smoking I had 2-3 events that in retrospect probably were small heart attacks. Finally 27 december 2002, after blazing particularly hard and going to bed, I woke up in the middle of a heart attack.

No offense here or anything man, but if you have those kind of heart problems shouldn't you probably be staying away from LSD at the very least as well? It tends to increase my heart rate quite a bit more than weed.

Overall though, I find it interesting that people can have such a variety of responses to weed. For me, sometimes it can be almost more beneficial than the intense psychedelics.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: wildchild68]
    #8493671 - 06/06/08 05:52 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I quit for my internship I'm doing in DC this summer.  I've just completed my 3rd week of work, my 5th week of soberness (no weed), and I have resorted to alcoholism to replace my long lost love.

I miss her :frown:

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: 4:21 - when the time for pot is over. [Re: wildchild68]
    #8493680 - 06/06/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

those kind of heart problems

My heart problem is of another kind than that which usually  leads to heart attacks. My arteries are clean, but THC in me triggers coronary vasospasm, leading to angina and heart attacks. No other drug I ever took does this to such an extent.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #8493864 - 06/06/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I was never really a heavy smoker, although I did go through phases.  It's probably been about 6 months since I last got willingly stoned but I sometimes get passively stoned if I'm in a room full of people smoking.

I never really did *enjoy* the experience, but I've had some interesting experiences nonetheless.

I find it takes me out of my "comfort zone" and the paranoia can go from mildly irritating to flat out exhausting depending on the dose, these days I prefer just to pass on it.

--------------------

InvisibleThirdEyeOpening
Lost In My Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: How the fuck should i kno... Flag
    #8494158 - 06/06/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I never realized how many people get uncomfortable after smoking pot.

Personally, i have never had any paranoia, other than the stigma around it. It hasnt affected my work ethic, or concentration to a degree that i or others can notice.

I have ALWAYS used it within limits and planed ahead. I may smoke a few puffs before work, or on lunch to help kill fatigue, or give my self a boost. But i have never decided to get ripped or really stoned before i have something important to do; say a test, or strenuous labor, or talking with clients/consumers.

Yes i have used at work, no one has ever called me out. Including bosses and consumers. I have never felt slave to it, or had the 'fog' most people refer to.

I personally love marijuana, i love how it makes me feel and think. But most of all i love that i can smoke/eat something that tastes this good, and not have it impair me to a degree i cannot control.

I dont like driving high or intoxicated in ANY way, but id rather be a little stoned then tired, on the phone, or even eating. Alchy is a whole other beast, and im REALLY, REALLY against leaving home or a bar when even a little buzzed.

I dont know i guess im either a responsible user, or im lucky. All i know is i cant wait to try out some new cookikes after the 5 months i have left pass.

Weed + hiking = :awesome:

For me anyways.

--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8494195 - 06/06/08 08:46 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I've been clean of pot for about 4-5 months. Not by choice really, more due to availability, and my elitism.. I won't smoke schwag.
I've been pretty much a daily smoker for the past 12-13 years. There were periods of very heavy use, and periods of light use.. but it has remained for the most part, a constant since I was about 14 or 15.

Can't say my state has changed very much at all. I'm more irritable now. Haven't noticed any difference in being able to think more clearly or remember my dreams or anything like that. I just like being high. I am able to function completely normally while high in everyday life. I don't get paranoid or anxiety or anything like that.. used to a long time ago when I first started, but it went away. The past 5 months or so, I haven't even thought about it much except for here and there. It's usually thinking about it like looking back with fondness, or wishing I had some about now.

Not smoking pot has done absolutely nothing to benefit my life and I plan to pick up smoking again as soon as possible and hopefully smoke pot until I am a withered old man and unable to control bodily functions to lift a pipe to my mouth. Like anything else, moderation is key, and if this break has taught me one thing it's probably that pot is best used in moderation.. but quitting completely just makes me feel like I would be missing out on one of the great pleasures of life. And that's just recreational use.

Were I talking about medicinal use, or for food or clothing, this would be a whole different post.

If you have heart problems that pot exasperates.. well shit, I can understand that.. pot certainly isn't for everyone.. some people are better off without it, especially if it doesn't help your medical condition. For me though, it helps mine.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order