Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

Re: CHRIST was a junkie!!! [Re: Azagthoth]
    #8491076 - 06/06/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

The universe operates by a specific set of rules. We only understand a very small number of those rules. But with our given knowledge of those rules, we CAN determine objective truths about reality. Things like acceleration due to gravity, the distance from here to the moon, etc. Science is a very important tool.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

Re: CHRIST was a junkie!!! [Re: lukey2411]
    #8491077 - 06/06/08 12:23 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lukey2411 said:
Holy shit Azagthoth, you are such a fucking psycho.

You start off by saying that a lack of OBJECTIVE evidence regarding the existence of 'Jesus' "isn't fucking important." and finish off by calling LSDreamer a "closed minded fuck." :banghead:

Fucking hell, you think scientific evidence isn't important yet your faith in Jesus using psychedelics is? [/quote/]

I have never said scientific evidence isn't important. It is the only way we have survived so well. I am saying it is irrelevant to the thought of Christ consciousness aka the thought a human has the potential to be god among man.

Edited by Azagthoth (06/06/08 12:24 AM)

OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

#8491084 - 06/06/08 12:27 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lukey2411 said:
"This is the ego speaking only being able to think of life on  "humans can't possibly have it wrong" way of life." - It "pisses me off" when people believe that their beliefs are more valid than hard evidence. I don't really care how much you can believe in people flying, we can all be 99.9% certain that this has never, and will never happen. The only reason there is that .1% of doubt is because of religion and human  emotions obscuring the truth. I don't care if you want to believe in whatever it is that you believe in, just don't be so belligerent.

"Any tripper knows how limited a normal humans introspection is. So what in gods name makes you think anything you read is 100% fact or even close."

What does introspect have to do with a study of the external?

The way a person makes sense of themselves has EVERYTHING to do with how they perceive everyday reality and what it means to be human.

OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

Re: CHRIST was a junkie!!! [Re: LSDreamer]
    #8491095 - 06/06/08 12:32 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
The universe operates by a specific set of rules. We only understand a very small number of those rules. But with our given knowledge of those rules, we CAN determine objective truths about reality. Things like acceleration due to gravity, the distance from here to the moon, etc. Science is a very important tool.

I am not disagreeing with you, I am merely stating none of these theories made sense to anyone but the one thinking it.
With that being said all reality starts IN the mind, and nothing is capable but through the thought process.

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Loc: Australia, Victoria, (S.E...
    #8491111 - 06/06/08 12:38 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I would put money on the fact that if you drop a ball in front of almost anyone in the world and ask them what happened they would tell you.

"when you let go of the ball, it fell to the ground."

Introspect has nothing to do with this in any but the most extreme cases. You are talking about perception, which changes after introspection. Regardless, all you will ever have is belief. Whatever makes YOU happy I guess, just don't expect to post something about your beliefs and then refute everything that anyone else has to say against it.

OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

#8491183 - 06/06/08 12:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lukey2411 said:
I would put money on the fact that if you drop a ball in front of almost anyone in the world and ask them what happened they would tell you.

"when you let go of the ball, it fell to the ground."

Introspect has nothing to do with this in any but the most extreme cases. You are talking about perception, which changes after introspection. Regardless, all you will ever have is belief. Whatever makes YOU happy I guess, just don't expect to post something about your beliefs and then refute everything that anyone else has to say against it.

This is assuming the human even knows the words ball or ground before it is programmed into it. They would look at it and be fucking baffled. I am saying life only means what we've programmed it to be. Newton noticed the apple hit the ground, never knowing what it truly was he named it gravity out of ignorance, yet until Einstein rolled around no one could make make sense of it. They could only describe how gravity works, a mind of only established knowledge is not really a mind at all.

Offlineprayformojo
Stranger
    #8491184 - 06/06/08 12:57 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:
http://nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

http://www.jdstone.org/cr/files/nohistoricalevidenceofjesus.html

http://mama.indstate.edu/users/nizrael/jesusrefutation.html

There is not a single historical first hand account of Jesus. Not one.

what about the existing Roman records of the trial and execution of Jesus from Nazareth at Passover in Pilate's reign?

so you're wrong, there is historical evidence that Jesus definitely lived and was a man put to death by the Romans.  Whether or not he's God incarnate is not a matter for History to decide.

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Re: CHRIST was a junkie!!! [Re: prayformojo]
    #8491198 - 06/06/08 01:03 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

"This is assuming the human even knows the words ball or ground before it is programmed into it."

Ok, then there response would be...."da ding did da ding."
It doesnt matter how they communicate it, they observed what happened and processed it in their brain, all your argument says is that communication skills are important.

"what about the existing Roman records of the trial and execution of Jesus from Nazareth at Passover in Pilate's reign?"

Who wrote these?
I might just write a record of my life and paint myself as a pretty rad dude.
"Lukey was this mad, epic prophet, who spread the truth to everyone, bitches loved him and always lit his pipes for him. Everyone always gave him free drugs and gobbies whenever he wanted."

Does that make it true in 3 thousand years?

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8491202 - 06/06/08 01:05 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

^Can you produce any evidence that such records exist?

--------------------

Offlineprayformojo
Stranger
    #8491204 - 06/06/08 01:06 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you're an idiot.  The Romans kept very thorough legal records including trials and executions.  But since I don't know who kept them I suppose that invalidates the entire archive of written record that archaeologists have uncovered?

OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

#8491215 - 06/06/08 01:09 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

LSDreamer said:

Your a prime example of an egotistical fag who thinks he can disregard anyone else's belief system.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8491226 - 06/06/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Azagthoth said:
Quote:

LSDreamer said:

Your a prime example of an egotistical fag who thinks he can disregard anyone else's belief system.

How is asking for evidence being egotistical?

--------------------

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

#8491228 - 06/06/08 01:13 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I'm an idiot? Why? Because I like to question the validity of human records?
You think all the negative characteristics of the human race weren't present in ancient Roman times?

There are any number of things that could effect the validity of these records.

OfflineLSDreamer
Materialist
Male

#8491232 - 06/06/08 01:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

prayformojo said:
you're an idiot.  The Romans kept very thorough legal records including trials and executions.  But since I don't know who kept them I suppose that invalidates the entire archive of written record that archaeologists have uncovered?

Well then it should be relatively simple to find some kind of non biblical account, shouldn't it?

--------------------

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

#8491233 - 06/06/08 01:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Right now I'd love to gang up with LSDreamer and bash you two bigots, oh, how righteous that'd be!

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

#8491236 - 06/06/08 01:14 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I think this topic has long needed to be closed.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Offlinelukey2411
Stranger
Male

Re: CHRIST was a junkie!!! [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #8491245 - 06/06/08 01:17 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, please do, all this is doing is serving to once again, highlight the pitfalls of religious bigotry and put me in a foul mood.

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #8491859 - 06/06/08 07:38 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Jesus christ.

We look too hard for truthful validation of ancient historical figures and miracles. We look for evidence of christ's body, or for remnants of noah's ark, or for the holy grail or the arc of the covenant.

We just want some physical thing, some piece of evidence, some chunk of the spiritual world that has descended into reality.

Maybe that's missing the point.

Is it important whether jesus actually lived or not? And if he did, is it important whether he used the same means of psychedelic revelation that we all love to project onto important historical events to somehow validate our own use of psychedelics?

Who cares? This is the furthest thing from an actual discussion of these ideas that I have ever seen.

We really need some new ideas about religion.

Those of you that think christ was real are wrong. Same to those who think he wasn't because there's no evidence of him.

You're both wrong, fucking dumbasses. If there were no evidence of him, why do we live in a world absolutely saturated with his ideas and likenesses? Who really cares if he was a real person or not... just look at the impact.

If you really want to look at christ as the real human being he was in the middle east thousands of years ago, I think you missed the point as well.

Christ is not a dismissable ancient figure who will crumble when you debunk the truth about his existence. Nor was he a miracle worker who truly rose from the dead after being crucified.

Christ is ONLY important as an idea. You get into some dangerous places when you think of christ (well, actually anything) as more or less than that.

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

OfflineRedRainDrop
LucidPsychonaught
Male

Re: CHRIST was a junkie!!! [Re: ReoSpeedwagon153]
    #8491875 - 06/06/08 07:52 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i once had a dream about jesus on a stain glass window, then it tinted red and went on fire.... it scared the living shit out of me....
just felt a really evil presence.... and after that dream i started running away from church.

--------------------
Fact: Saving the environment can take centuries
A blow job can take up to 5 minutes.
"When was the last time you heard green peace talk about the immense pleasure you get when you put your penis in someone Else's mouth? " -jonlajoie

OfflineWeedyWonka
Pirate Kitten
Male User Gallery

Re: CHRIST was a junkie!!! [Re: RedRainDrop]
    #8492058 - 06/06/08 09:22 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Well I just took a greco-roman religion history class and I learned that to this day many of the inventions under the roman empire have been lost and no one knows how to make it anymore 2 examples of this is stained glass and a special kind of pottery that was a light blue. To this day no one knows how to make the same quality blue pottery or the same quality glass.

With that said it could be assumed that since it is know that cannabis was used in the culture that they had figured ways to make extremely potent oils, hash, and specific potent strains of cannabis. Which may cause extremly insightful experiences.

Also when we studied mystery religions there was one that used psychedelics in their initiation practices. This is an intresting topic just search mystery religions on wikipeda and I'm sure something could pop up.

Also an intresting bit of biblical information is that the finest quality of hashish was smoked during the writings of the old testament... or something like that

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale